Jump to ratings and reviews

Feral Steel MC #2

Beginning to Breathe, Again

I was born with Feral Steel MC blood in my veins.
I was taken away rom the family that should have been mine.
I have ghost that haunt me from a war that gave me a brotherhood that I craved.
I am trying to piece my life back together and get a new brotherhood with a new family.
I am trying to survive one breath at a time.
I am Beginning to Breathe, Again.

203 pages, Kindle Edition

Published August 3, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Vera Quinn

39 books238 followers
I have been an avid reader since I was taught to read. I was the oldest of six children and reading was a getaway for me. When my sister became sick she encouraged me to write my first book. That was in 2015 and I released my first book in March 2016. I love to read, write and share books. I am a wife, a mom, and a grandma so the only problem I have is finding the time to get it done. I have been married to my husband for 23 years and he is my person and strongest supporter.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
February 17, 2020
Book Review: Beginning to Breathe Again: Feral Steel MC Book 2
Author: Anna Quinn
FIVE STARS
Motorcycle Club romance is quickly becoming one of my favorite reads, they are HOT and sexy, there is fighting and suspense. More than likely heart break as well as love. Most of the time there is a happy ending. I am just quickly becoming a die hard fan of it.
Anna Quinn writes this type of story here in Beginning to Breathe Again.
Tara is in a bad situation with her mother and her sister. She tries to stay out of their way but there are times they are just looking for trouble with her.
Rome/Kane isn't looking for anything. But once he crosses paths with Tara it seems his fate is sealed. Protecting her and keeping her safe are all he can think about.
The darkness, the twist, the turns, the HOT sexiness of this book will draw you in and leave you with a book hangover you will not recover from for a few days.
KLH
Profile Image for Shirl.
826 reviews36 followers
April 23, 2020
Would be a five star book but it's the same with most of hers... she needs an editor other wise it was a really good book.
Second book of the Feral Steel MC. This is Rome's and Tara's book. Rome is Callie's half brother. Ex military... disabled veteran. He has anxiety attacks and PTSD from his time in the military other than that he is a quiet, laid back, down to earth guy and a newly patched member. We met him in the last book.
Tara is just trying to get by working two jobs and taking classes. She is dirt poor but doesn't play to be forever. She was born to a whore of a mother and her sister is just as bad. Her brother is away in the military so she is doing the best she can. She has no phone, car or computer but doesn't complain. She won't take anything that she doesn't earn unlike her family. Doesn't even know who her father is.
Rome and Tara meet when she is interviewing to keep her job at the gym that the club bought and again at the restaurant she also works at. Rome can't take his eyes off her. When another man grabs her Rome and his brothers defend her and makes her a target. Not going to say anything about what all happens after that but if you have read the others then you know trouble is always around 😉.
Not as long as her other books and you can tell there is more to their story when the book is over but I'm sure they will pop back up in other books. Good plot and good people and a mystery with suspense with a little bit of hot sexy naughty bits.
Profile Image for Teresa Lara.
2,723 reviews36 followers
November 22, 2017
amazing book.Ended to soon.needed more of Tara and Rome.loving this series
434 reviews3 followers
May 17, 2022
He's a Vet with PTSD she's a innocent living a he'll ish life

Kane/Rome meets Tara/lol bit as she comes into the gym to try an get her job back with the new owners.She is working two jobs an going to school three nights a week When Rome an Hacksaw an Oz go into the diner they see Tara she's eating as they join her then they start talking she says she has to get back to work.When she says she walks to work if her sister isn't around to give her a ride.Rome has his eye on Tara she would make a good ole lady.When her sister comes in an is with some creep trying to look important by wearing a suit.He grabs Tara an she's trying to get away he won't let her go so Rome an his brothers go to the table Rome pull stars off the mans lap an holds her close to him. There isaction,suspense danger an unexpected love.Will Rome find the woman he's always dreamed of with Tara?there are so many twists an turns to this story you will be riveted until the very last pageant leave you begging for more.I love the way this amazing author brings the story to life before your eyes an you can feel the characters emotions an their pain I can hardly wait to see what's next by this multi talented autbor.
240 reviews1 follower
December 27, 2019
Kane (Rome) is fighting his demons from being in the military. He has been accepted in Feral Steel MC and that has become his family. Even though Devil the president is Kane (Rome) half-brother, he has paid his dues of being a prospect and then voted in as a member/brother. He is trying to survive one breath at a time. He has no clue what he was missing until he laid eyes on Tara. Although, Kane (Rome) doesn’t believe he deserves her or can offer her much. Most women throw their selves at him or any member of Feral Steel MC. Tara is not impressed with Kane (Rome) being in the MC or his motorcycle. She is working hard just to try and get an education and not turn out like her mother or sister and depend on a man to take care of them. Tara works two jobs and goes to college classes at night. Will Tara trust Kane (Rome) to take care of her when trouble strikes and not worry about leaning on a man?
Profile Image for Susan.
1,224 reviews1 follower
September 21, 2020
This was a new to me author and one I will happily follow into the future. The story was complex and at the same time easy to read but I did feel like the last few chapters were rushed. Kane (Rome) is a returned vet with numerous PTSD issues, Tara is fighting her own battles due to0 family circumstances. Follow as they try to both conquer their own demons as well as the obstacles mutual enemies place in their way. All up a good read, that in my opinion, could have been great had a little more time been spent on the ending
Profile Image for Heidi Mowry.
68 reviews
August 6, 2017
I love this MC series. I'm so happy I found Vera Quinn she definitely knows how to write a great MC series. I love the story of Kane and Tara. Tara was a strong female that doesn't have the easiest life. Her mother and sister constantly use her for their own gain. You will root for this couple to get their happy ever after.
Profile Image for Nadine .
356 reviews1 follower
June 10, 2019
Very well written

I bought this book on a recommendation from someone on Facebook. I'm so glad I took a chance on this Author. This is the second book in this series. It's very well written and executed. Loved the story,loved the characters. Can't wait to start reading the next book
Profile Image for Gucci 35.
2,345 reviews25 followers
November 23, 2019
Another hit by Quinn

Beginning to Breathe, Again is another good story in Quinn's Feral Steel MC series. Loving this series...I hope Joey and Tito get a story. We get more answers and more questions in this story..I would love to have Bourdon and Rye's story. Maybe one day. Happy Reading!!!
January 12, 2020
Wow this was a great book!!! Kane “Rome” has had a torturous life. He has been in the military with lots of ghosts. He has found his family in the Feral Steel MC. He will protect what’s his. Tara has also had a rough life. She takes care of herself and wants to be left alone. She wants to live on the straight path until their paths crossed one day. I need another book on them together!
Profile Image for April.
Author 3 books9 followers
February 6, 2020
I enjoyed the overall storyline. I liked the characters. I felt like the last 1/4 of the story was a little rushed, specifically Rome and Tara's relationship. Most of the story is dual point of view, but a couple of other characters have their say as well! It's written in first person narrative, which is easy to do. Has an awesome cover photo!
Profile Image for Angela.
2,499 reviews31 followers
July 26, 2021
Another terrific story

This was a great story with terrific characters, humor, drama, angst, action, mystery, suspense, and unexpected twists. I wish that there had been more depth to Kane (aka Rome) and Tara's lives, as well as backgrounds. Overall it was a great story, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
I would recommend this book, series, and author.
Profile Image for Ann L.
3,488 reviews15 followers
May 2, 2022
I love Kane, he has proved himself since the first book where his connection to the Feral Steel's was uncertain.
When he meets Tara, his protective instincts kicks in and all he want to do is save her from her mother and sister, with the help of his brother and club.

Exciting, action packed and definitely page turning, I finished before I knew it.
2,617 reviews22 followers
August 6, 2017
this was another awesome book you wrote! its about a man who has demons from his past. so no better place to be that in a club. he meets a woman who has a troubled past and present. will he be able to protect her from danger? read to find out what happens.
360 reviews
August 9, 2017
Holy crap

I have loved all of of Ms.Quinns books but I have to say this one is my favorite so far.
Rome and Tara are perfect for each other and it shows in every page.Tgen to find out who her father was , threw me
Profile Image for Vikki Purcell.
537 reviews5 followers
March 27, 2018
Tara is trying to better her life, wanting to escape from her mother and sister and the life they lead. Kane is Devils brother, having accepted that there maybe no one for him he battles thtough his PTSD. When troubkebrings these two together Rome aka Kane will stop at nothing to protect Tara.
Profile Image for Amanda Vermaak.
640 reviews7 followers
May 31, 2019
MC LIFE

Thank you for an awesome story. I loved how everything played out. Call me violent, but I would have loved to have someone torture that rapist for hours. I love MC stories and this one was very good
Profile Image for Tersia Eloff.
481 reviews2 followers
October 15, 2019
Beginning to Breath

I wanted more! So much more! I loved Rome’s story, it just ended way too soon. Hope that there will be a bit more of Kane / Rome and Tara’s story in future books.
Profile Image for Phyllis Wolford.
1,154 reviews
September 25, 2020
They come from similar difficult and dysfunctional backgrounds. They come together and try to survive the everyday life that has been dealt to them.
Together, they can get Thur anything and everything that is thrown at them.
In the end they are beginning to breath again and to love unconditionally.
Profile Image for Lauren.
2,370 reviews11 followers
August 10, 2017
Hmmm...

Rome found his brother and joined the MC ... He meets Tara by chance there are some problems and Rome steps up
Profile Image for Iva DiLoreto.
1,209 reviews30 followers
February 17, 2019
Amazing

I couldn't help but fall in love with Rome and Tar. Loved the way the BlackPath MC was involved. Love how everything connectes
330 reviews
April 1, 2018
Brilliant

O m g I loved loved loved this kept me intrigued but also made me cry wonderful second book in series
Profile Image for Brenda Longland OLeary.
647 reviews1 follower
May 23, 2018
Wow!

I absolutely love this series! This is another great book about Kane/Rome and Tara. Her family is a hot mess, so he brings her into his MC family.
60 reviews
October 2, 2018
Love

I absolutely love this series. Kane aka Rome and Tara are made for one another. I'm hoping in future books they have a family just like Devil and Callie.
Profile Image for Pearl.
1,969 reviews8 followers
August 15, 2019
Rome and Tara

This was another addition to this series. Rome and Tara come together accidently. The story was good but I felt the ending was a little rushed.
December 21, 2019
Great read

Good storyline that just flowed together. Another great read and series. Another one click author. Can’t wait for next book/ series.
Profile Image for Latifa Morrisette.
2,308 reviews48 followers
December 24, 2019
This was a wild ride and I can't wait to read more. This is Rome and Tara's book and it was an amazing book. I'm excited to see what's in store for the ready off this series.
Profile Image for Cassandra.
475 reviews
March 17, 2018
Amazing

I just Love when things work out for a couple. It’s always interesting in MC novel how the female will react to the alpha biker when she isn’t from his world. I totally didn’t see the twist at the end.
Profile Image for Shannon McFadden.
Author 3 books43 followers
August 22, 2017
Wow!

I absolutely love Rome & Tara!!! What a great story!! You don't have to be blood to be family, and I'm really glad these two found theirs.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.