Start by marking “Shadow Lilies (The Shadow Lilies Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Lilies (The Shadow Lilies Book 1)

Shadow Lilies (The Shadow Lilies Book 1)

~Editor's Pick~

Sixteen-year-old Julia Reynolds struggles with her parents’ gypsy lifestyle and the urgent need to find out what happened to her missing cousin, Aubree. Soon Julia stumbles upon the mystery surrounding the Ursuline Convent in New Orleans, its banned third floor, and the blessed nails that seal its windows shut.

Solving the mystery of the Ursuline and bloggi
Published August 2nd 2017 by Evernight Teen

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Lilies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Lilies

Dianne
Julia Reynolds is a twenty-first century Nancy Drew, a little more suspicious, a lot more daring and maybe just a little more fragile, too. Often uprooted by her parents, Julia is always the girl that never quite fits in, but she is smart, headstrong and needs answers to questions many of us wouldn’t think to ask.

Julia has just moved back to New Orleans and she is determined to find out what happened to her missing cousin. When she learns of the Ursuline Convent, one of New Orleans’ landmark bu
Joe Ward
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The difference between us normal people and writers is that they see what we never see and imagine what we never could. Shadow Lilies takes you on a journey through New Orleans that you will never forget. Follow sixteen year old Julia Reynolds as she tries to discover the mystery of the Ursuline Convent. This book is easily the best book I have read this year.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
This is a ya mystery that has a few twists and a wonderful main character. I instantly liked Julia, from her awkwardness to her never give up attitude. At times, her actions are a bit hard to believe but she has a feistiness to her that I enjoyed.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Jessica Belmont
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this, but all views are my own.*

This book had me hooked from the beginning. I love mysteries, and I enjoy well-written YA novels. This book was both, and I cannot wait to read the next one.

Julia is a fantastic main character. I love her stubbornness, and I feel for her self-consciousness. Both get her into trouble at times, but she is a very brave character, and I found her relatable. I love that she wants to be a journalist and she is passionate about solving mysteries an
Carrie Dalby
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been several months since I read YA, and even longer for a YA mystery. Julia is an unlikely contemporary YA heroine--a gritty, modern Nancy Drew.
Unique characters/family life, interesting setting, suspenseful read.
Candice
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved how Mrs. Ward wove the legends of the Ursuline Convent in New Orleans with her modern-day story. The MC, Julia, is interesting to follow to see how far she'll go to figure out what happened to her beloved missing cousin. Ending had a twist I didn't see coming so that's always fun
Ashley
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm ready for Book 2!!!
Joyce Scarbrough
Nov 03, 2017
R.L. Dodson
Mar 09, 2018
Lee Ward
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Krystal
Steve Weber
Shelly Peterson
SD
Jun 05, 2018
Lee Ann Ward was born and raised in the small fishing community of Bayou La Batre, AL. She attended Faulkner College and Auburn University and has a journalism/mass communications degree.
Lee Ann worked as a journalist and in telecommunications, but her passion has always been fiction writing. She is a wife and mother, and a true Southern Belle. When she's not writing, Lee Ann enjoys power walking