Start by marking “Temporary” as Want to Read:
Temporary

Temporary

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,325 Ratings  ·  238 Reviews
The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...

The first time I lay eyes on Callan Walker, I know he’ll be trouble. With his smug grin, hot Aussie accent and thousand dollar shoes, he’s just the kind of rich guy who always gets what he wants.

And he wants two things: a night of sin, and my cooperation as he outmaneuvers his powerful mother to ta
Published September 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Temporary, please sign up.

Christy
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!

photo 21192445_10104108786371048_8210226901113450029_n_zps8p9lv8y2.jpg

When reading a book that’s co-written, I love when you can’t tell who wrote what. When the flow is so great, you would never know. That is how Temporary was. Sarina Bowen is one of this authors I will always read. I love her work. Sarah Mayberry is a new to me author. I thought they did a fantastic job with this book. I’m already looking forward to more from this duo!

Grace is working for a temporary agency hoping to land a permanent job. It’s important to her to find steady work. Sh
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“He wasn’t looking to strike up a thing with a cash-strapped temp who acted as guardian to her teen sister, and I was not looking to have a fling with a playboy ladies’ man I found way, way too likeable.”

Grace is raising her teen sister and needs a good job, which is why her new temp gig at a renowned company means she has to do amazing work. Given the task of handling the assests of a deceased family member of the company, Grace is expected to itemized and get the value of a giant
Stacey is Sassy
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Surviving 100 days with Callan Walker

I think it’s easy to be selfish when it’s…easy to be selfish. Do you know what I mean? I’ll give you an example – I can’t cook, so hubby does most of the cooking in our house. Now, when I say I can’t cook, I’m kind of fibbing. I can cook, just not very well, or not as well as hubby does. So, while hubby is cooking dinner each night, I happily spend the time reading. Should I or am I being selfish? Maybe, I should keep him company, or could help c
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

This is my first book from these authors together and I really enjoyed it.I hope we can see more from these two, the story was beautiful and the writing flawless.

Temporary was amazing, it has everything I wanted in a story and even more.It has angst,intensity,tension and a great romance.I loved Callan and Grace, and I enjoyed their dual points of view.I felt more intimidate with both of them.Their romance was great and their dialogues were smart and flirty.

Overall, it was refreshing and
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...”

A woman barely making ends meet and a playboy that holds a piece to one of the world's most powerful business empires couldn't possibly have anything in common...or could they?
I had ignored the fact that we could not have two more wildly divergent lifestyles. I had ignored everything and let myself get swept away.

Grace is barely keeping a roof over her head while taking care of her teenage sister. With an
Nicola
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Sarina Bowen is an auto-read author for me whilst Sarah Mayberry isn't—I've read as many of her books that haven't worked versus those that have—so I'll admit to being interested in seeing how Temporary would work out for me.

"This man would be the death of me."

The foundations for a great story were there: wealthy Aussie playboy, Callan arrives in New York following the death of his beloved uncle to discover his callous mother has hired a temp, Grace, to create an inventory of her brother's est
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“The most beautiful man I've ever seen is the one who can ruin everything...”

I love Sarina Bowen and in my opinion her colabs with other authors have always worked and I have enjoyed those books. So it is no surprise that I couldn’t wait to read Temporary, a collaboration by Sarina this time with an author that is new to me, Sarah Mayberry. This book was a fun and easy read and kept me fully engaged with great character development. The more I read about them, the more I loved them. It had s
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
EBOOK GIVEAWAY

Here is your chance to win an ebook of TEMPORARY!!
Don't miss this opportunity - enter below

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

If you love a hunk of a guy with an Australian accent - Callan Walker is the guy for you.

If you love a spunky, and hardworking New Yorker that gives as good as she gets - Grace Kerrington is the woman for you.

Temporary by Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry was a light and and easy read. Even though Gr
Eliza
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

★4 STARS★

There’s a new writing duo in Town and they come bearing the gift that is Australia’s hottest export, Callan Walker.

A man like Callan is just the kind of distraction Grace needs, but one she simply can’t afford. She’s desperate to find a stable permanent job in order to support herself and her fifteen year old sister, so when the opportunity arises to do just that, she won’t allow the walking temptation that is Callan Walker to stand in her way.

Grace Kerrington stands in the way of Calla
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Sarah Mayberry Fans, Romance
4 Duo Author Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free and It's Live!!!
One of the things I love most about Goodreads is all of the wonderful people I have met and become friends with...There is something to be said... for those who love books, chatting about them and sharing their ideas...And to have the ability to interact with those around the globe...Just perfection.

Those who know me, know I do not believe in reinventing the wheel. If Someone has written a review which totally nails the book... says everyt
Zoe
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Witty, charming, and delightfully refreshing!

Temporary is a passionate tale that takes us into the lives of two main characters. Grace, a young temp who is hardworking, resilient and focused on creating a better life for herself and her sister; and Callan, a sexy, Aussie playboy who may just prove he's much more loyal, honourable, and grounded than his reputation leads you to perceive.

The prose is humorous and fluid. The main characters are genuine, endearing, and supportive. And the plot sweeps
Bubu
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cr, 2-stars, read-2017
I'm so tired of books like Temporary.

1. Dual PoV, first person narration
2. Hot, rich guy who is totally misunderstood
3. Hot, poor girl who struggles to make ends meet
4. Evvvuuuuuuul [insert any family member here]
5. Lots of grovelling, which wouldn't have been needed in the first place, if one of the main leads had simply behaved like a decent human being. That includes consideration for the other person's situation and feelings.

If the story is about two people falling in love, I guess, Tempora
Rejane
Honestly, now thinking about it, it made me uncomfortable reading how ashamed she was of being poor. I mean, it’s one thing you get tired of working so much and barely make ends meet. But it’s something completely different to think that being poor is shameful and try to hide that fact from people because you can’t allow people to find out how simple you are. Like avoiding to take people to your house because you’re embarrassed of where you live. I was raised thinking nobody is better than anybo ...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
I deliberated for all of about 2 seconds between 4 and 5 Stars. Who am I kidding though? I mean, really.

The stars were cinched when Callan (new name crush) started giving me Gideon feels. To be clear, he’s not Gideon but he is filthy rich, has a certain reputation as well as a tendency to run roughshod over people without them realizing it, because charming and has that unexpected vulnerability that sucker punches me every time. Plus he’s got an accent to add insult to all the hotness injuries h
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love both Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry so when I heard they're co-writing a book, I was ecstatic! I mean, two of my faves in one book? Take my money already! My expectations are quite high and fortunately, I liked it! I liked it a lot!

This is another slow burn romances where their feelings sort of built over time. I personally love stories where the hero underestimates the heroine at first and vice versa, only to have that expectation slowly turned on its head. Temporary is like that.

Cal
Sabrina
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Temporary is my first read from Sarah Mayberry but I definitely want to try more of her books now. This story had my attention from page one and I finished it in almost one sitting. Grace and Callan had an amazing push/pull relationship that kept me on the edge of my seat. I was never sure if they were going to be arguing, or if they were going to be wrapped around each other and making their way to a bed. They had a sexual tension that was always right there under
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 STARS

I was so curious about this collaboration between two authors I adore and it did not disappoint!

Rich and obnoxious Aussie playboy Callan Walker makes it very difficult for struggling but tenacious New Yorker temp, Grace Kerrington to keep her job!
Except… There is more to Callan Walker than his partying ways and Grace Kerrington will have to try her damnedest to resist him and his mischievous antics.
I will not get naked with Callan Walker during business hours. I will not get naked with
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Working Together Stars

This is my first book by Sarah Mayberry and Sarina Bowen is a one-click author for me. I love it when authors work together because I am always curious to how the writing will go.

Temporary is an easy going read with plenty of tension, character buildup and chemistry between Callan and Grace.

The things I enjoyed about this book…

I really liked the dynamics between Callan and Grace. This is a super meaty book, so there’s plenty of time for the characters to get to know each
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Grace just started her newest temp job at Walker Holdings - a huge Australian food import company. She's hoping so very much that this time it will turn into a real job.
And now here's her chance - the boss lady from Australia tasks her with cataloging her just deceased brother's art and wine - basically everything in his amazing apartment.
Enter Callan.
He just heard that his beloved uncle passed away. Uncle Jack was the only one in his horrible family who he was still talking to. And now his moth
Jen
Sep 05, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Am I reading this correctly? Sarina Bowen and Sarah Mayberry writing together? Not one thing wrong with any of that!

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Temporary is a somewhat different take on the office romance trope, and a refreshing one at that.

Grace is a poor New Yorker with a temp job at a billion dollar family-owned company. Callan is a wealthy Australian playboy and the family’s black sheep. Funny enough, this is an office romance where their interactions don’t actually take place in an office, and while the affair doesn’t occur between boss and employee, it’s still forbidden. Callan’s cold, ruthless mother is the CEO, and Grace reports
Shayna
Trust me, I am no stranger to the brilliance that is Sarina Bowen’s work, but Sarah Mayberry is new to me and I was delighted with how much I absolutely LOVED this co-written book. I love it when amazing authors team up to give their readers exactly what they want. When an author-duo tackles a romance, I think the biggest struggle is getting the flow of the story just right. You have two different authors, two different writing styles, but it needs to come together effortless and I believe Bowen ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet and snarky bliss…

I love these authors and couldn’t wait to read their team effort! Callan and Grace delivered a sweet, soulful and sexy story that made me grin, made me mad and even made me cry…

I want to be able to hear Callan’s Aussie accent as he throws in some slang in his often tongue-in-cheek barbs he sends Grace’s way. He needs her help but his attraction to her makes him question his not so stellar motives. He has good intentions – and the reasons why I’m totally on board with – but
Joyce Mercês
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
description

Temporary is a beautifully co-written book. I know Sarina's work pretty well (she being my favorite author and all... #WinkyFace), but Sarah Mayberry was new to me. The duo created a fun and sweet story. And I must confess... I didn't expect to fall so hard and so fast for the book. The characters were so well created that even uncle Jack, that wasn't really there, felt real.

Grace's life wasn't easy and despite the struggles, how she dealt with everything in her life was my favorite thing about
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I adored this book SO much! I really hope Sarina and Sarah collab on more books. Review to come!

Thanks to the authors for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
3.25 Stars.

This is the thing about this book: it's not a bad book, it's actually pretty good, but it couldn't hold my interest. You all know I'm a die hard fan of romance and there's nothing I love more than reading about two people falling in love. And this book, for how well-written, funny, flirty... it wasn't romantic enough for me. The second half of the book, admittedly, held more heart than the first. But I seriously couldn't get over how many pages were spent discussing Jack's estates, Ja
FMABookReviews

Temporary is a book penned by an author I adore, Sarina Bowen and by another I've never read, Sarah Mayberry. This new author duo has something here; something sweet, something fun and something I need more of.

❝Everything about Callan Walker was a little more glamorous than I was used to. A little brighter, a little more perfect.❞

Callan is a man who was raised by a ruthless, self-absorbed mother. She knew nothing about loving others. Her children were nothing but tools to be used to further h
Andi Isack
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even the rich people cry....
Callan Walker...
At first sight, Callan 's Walker life seems perfect. He's rich, handsome, and has no worries or duties. Just snapping his fingers and he gets all that he wants. His hobbies : traveling, have fun and one night stands. Callan Walker is a playboy, one of the most valuable playboys. Women are craving for just a touch, just a look, just a smile from Callan. There is available an app which gives daily notifications / photos of him. But lets find out if there
Kim
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Grace Kerrington just got a promising new assignment with her temp job and she just knows if she does well it will become permanent. All she has to do is inventory and help sell off the estate of her boss's deceased brother--books. art, wine, apartment, etc. She is smart, organized, meticulous, and knows art and business. it should be a perfect fit for her, and she is determined to proved herself. She needs the solid stable income to support her and her sister.

But enter Callan Walker...a complic
Ari
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Original review: The New Romantics

*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Grace Kerrington hopes to turn her temp job into a more permanent position when she takes on a personal task for the CEO of Walker Holdings. Victoria Walker has hired Grace to handle the personal effects of her deceased brother, however getting the job done becomes a challenge when she finds Callan Walker, Victoria's son, occupying his uncle's apartment. She's not quit
New Adult Book Club: Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry Giveaway! ~ CLOSED! 38 113 Sep 17, 2017 11:40AM
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of many things, including: the True North series, Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get all the l
More about Sarina Bowen...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99

“Macchiato, right?” Guessing what coffee people drink is my party trick, and I’m almost never wrong. “Latte. One sugar, please,” she said. “If you absolutely insist on using the machine.” I paused, surprised yet again where she was concerned. “Interesting.” “Why?” “A latte is a hedonist’s drink.” “It’s just coffee with milk.” 0 likes
“It’s pretty humbling when you get some perspective on your own talent.” 0 likes