Start by marking “Touch of Ice (The Vaskell Empire Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Ice (The Vaskell Empire Book 1)

Touch of Ice

(The Vaskell Empire #1)

Princesses are supposed to be loved and pampered, not thrown into a slave camp.

Ayla Vaskell, fifteen-year-old ice fairy and youngest daughter of the late King of Crio, is searching for a way out of the slave camp. She and her sisters also want revenge on their uncle for the deaths of their parents and the down fall of their kingdom.

When all hope seems to be loss, Dain and
Kindle Edition
Published September 26th 2017 by Opal Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Ice

Start your review of Touch of Ice (The Vaskell Empire Book 1)
Lyn
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
First-off the cover of this book is gorgeous. It was the cover that really caught my eye and made me want to read the story of four fairy princesses who’d lost their kingdom and whose parents had been killed at the hands of an evil uncle. Introduce four boys, blatant knights in shining armor come to rescue them.

I found the premise interesting and decided to give this book a try. Sadly, it didn’t live up to its gorgeous cover. Here are the following issues I had with the book:

1. The four princess
Cali Jewel
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining, emotionally thrilling, action packed adventure filled with danger, mystery, betrayal and heart pounding twists. Epic start to a very intriguing new series.

Ayla Vaskell is s feisty, cunning and determined ice fairy looking to save her sisters from the slave camp they have been trapped in by their evil uncle. Dain (fellow slave) and his three friends come to the aid of the sisters when they are looking to escape and they are not so sure the boys are to be truly trusted. Excit
Elaine
This is a great start to a new YA romantic fantasy. The four daughters of the murdered King of Crio have been imprisoned in a slave camp by their evil uncle. Their magic and their wings have been bound to prevent them escaping or being able to take action against him. It is only when the youngest daughter, Ayla Vaskell, is approached by another prisoner, Dain, that they have help to escape and try to save their world by ending their mad Uncle’s reign.

It turns out that prophesies have foretold t
Jeraca
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Ayla and her three sisters witnessed their parents murdered by their terrible, jealous uncle, and then they were captured and sent to a prison camp. Their uncle wants to be king and he took the most direct way to do it, but he is destroying the kingdom with his evilness.

Since Ayla and her sisters powers and wings were bound, they are powerless to do any magic, but they are going to fight their way to the palace and find
Jantine
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley in return of an honest review.

I liked the story. It's about fairies and dragons, combine those and nine times out of ten there is something to enjoy. The dragons being humans who can turn into dragons is something awesome, as is the idea of fairy-princesses like the ones in this book.

On the other hand, the characters were too flat to my liking. There could have been so much more internal conflict, added layers etc. to deepen them. So much emotions that we
Sarah (Bookish Bug)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
First of all, that cover is so pretty!
It’s a short, easy read, but I feel like this book moved a bit too quickly. There should have been more story between chapters one and two. There was a lot of action, which was great, but not a whole lot of character development. I found myself a bit confused as to who was who and where they were at times.
It was also a tad cheesy. There were numerous “it’s meant to be” moments (literally, characters saying this). And insta-love.
I did enjoy reading it, I ju
Tina
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Touch of Ice by authors Aleah Raynes and Mandy Caruso is the first book in the Vaskell Empire series. For me, this was a touch of too much story and not enough character development. But I am gonna guess it is a first book problem. The authors had so much to tell us in this story that it will make more sense as it goes along. Sometimes very detailed storylines have this problem. I personally am intrigued and want more.
Ayla is 15 years old. She has been in a prison camp for kids. Had her title st
Stacy
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
There was absolutely zero mystery involved in TOUCH OF ICE and the lack of actual effort needed to achieve goals made it very hard to finish the story.

I found all of the situations presented in TOUCH OF ICE to be way too easy. Let me give you some examples. The group escaped the slave camp and the first place they came upon happened to inhabit their fathers master of arms with a journal that their father left for them that handed them a way to save the kingdom. If that wasn't bad enough, the fir
Kat
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the E-ARC copy of this novel.
First off, I’m not really getting into the meat of this novel just the overall thoughts. I enjoyed the storyline and the writing was well done. Touch of Ice has great characters, but we are missing a lot of backstory to them. The novel is a fast-adventurous fantasy it starts and goes ninety to nothin. It has everything from dragons to mystic/mythical creatures and it keeps you turning the pages. I liked the sisters in the
Rebecc Tippins
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a super fun read!!

I absolutely love the girls after everything they have hope! The guys are just so strong and caring makes you wish real guys were like that! The story is fun and magical!
mypoppingthoughts
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The pairing is cliche. But i like the magic, dragons and adventure so it was Okay. Now I need the 3 books!!! 😁

Yep, there were 4 sisters, 4 cute love stories and 4 magical adventures so GIMME!!!! 🙋🙋🙋
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Bobbi
Shirley
Sep 27, 2017
Becky Richardson
Sep 27, 2017

• Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
Aleah Raynes loves paranormal, fantasy, mystery, suspense, reverse harem, and anything else that hooks her from the first page. She writes new adult and young adult fiction and romance in the genres she loves to read.

She is co-authoring the Vaskell Empire series with Mandy Caruso. Book one, Touched of Ice releases September 2017. And her debut solo novel, Visions of Pain (Capissian Order, book 1)