Start by marking “Solace (Kingwood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Solace (Kingwood, #4)

Solace (Kingwood #4)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  703 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
A second chance never tasted so sweet

He puts the Bad in bad boy.

She puts the Sweet in sweetheart.

When a hired gun burns out from the life he’s been living, he returns to the small country town where rumors run rampant and everyone goes to church on Sunday.

With sins and secrets trailing Jason Koster home, he is searching for redemption in hopes of living a life less complic
ebook
Published September 22nd 2017 (first published September 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Solace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solace

S.L. Scott
Sep 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Cocktails and Books
Took me a while to figure out that Jason was the Jason from the Kingwood Duet. He was so different from the guy in that series. Sure, there were hints of "Eric" that were there, but I never connected the dots until Jason had a visitor and a job offer. Call me surprised when I put all the pieces together.

This was a sweet second-chance romance. Jason heads home trying to figure out what he does next with his life. His intent may have been to hide out at his mom's until he knew what he wanted to d
AJ
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 sweet and swoony second-chance stars

This is a super sweet, feel-good read with a swoony second-chance-romance and very little angst. A perfect guilty pleasure read if you’re after something light and easy with lots of emotion, and I really enjoyed it.

There is no comfort to be given from one who knows no comfort.
Can I be a man who provides solace when I can’t find my own?

Jason is man who has lost his way. He left his small-town home three years previously after having his heart broken, and fo
Ri
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5+ All The Feel Stars

This book was everything. And by everything, I mean EVERYTHING. I didn't think I could love S.L. Scott anymore but I was wrong. After reading the Kingwood Duet I didn't think I could love characters more than Alexander and Sarah Jane. I was wrong. I LOVED Jason and Delilah.

We first met Jason in the Kingwood Duet. He was mysterious. He kept things close to his heart and appeared cold. You only saw the fragmented pieces of him. In Solace he isn't cold. He is delightful. He is
Carlabulian
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Livro delicioso de ler. Romance lindo!
Vale a leitura.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I did more than break my heart. I broke yours, and that's harder to live with."

I met Jason in the author's Kingwood series. I knew he was running from something, but I didn't know what. I knew he had a heart, even though he didn't show it often. I also knew he liked Oreos. Everything else was a mystery that I couldn't wait to solve. Solace couldn't come soon enough for me, I was chomping at the bit to spend some more time with Jason. And let me tell you, now that I have, I admit he surprised
Charmane Hackworth
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SOLACE is a very beautifully written second chance romance between two high school sweethearts. Jason "SWOON" Koster is so SEXY, BAD A** GENTLEMAN. I first meet Jason in SL's Kindwood duet Savage and Savior as a bad a** take no s*i* from anyone who sat in the background.
In SOLACE we get to see Jason in the world he once fit in. Delilah is a sweet beautiful small town girl.
SOLACE is an emotional, swoon worthy, romantic, HOT story that had me hooked from the first page to the last. I read the who
Serena
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

Jason melted my heart and body in all the best ways possible! I loved this second chance, super swoony romance from SL Scott! Jason had me smiling and moaning throughout the whole book! I couldn't get enough of him. My heart and body ached for these characters. At times I wanted to throw my kindle. That's the great thing about SL Scott's writing. She makes you feel all of the feels!

*full review to come**
Irene
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Solace by S.L Scott was a beautifully written second chance romance and I loved it.

The storyline was emotional, sweet, romantic and brought out all the feels. The drama was well done, it keep my attention and kept me turning the pages.
Jason and Delilah were likable, endearing, passionate characters and captured my heart with their story.

description

Overall, Solace is an emotional and heartfelt read by S.L Scott and I highly recommend it.

*I received an advance copy in exchange for my honest thought
Tracy Ashley
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We first met Jason in Savage and saw quite a bit more of him in Savior. He was mysterious and I wasn’t sure if he was a good guy or not. I wasn’t sure if I really liked him. All that changed with Solace. When he goes home we get to see who he truly is. He puts his past and all the bad things he did to rest and opens himself up. We see a whole new side to Jason. He is sweet, romantic, helpful, funny and kind to most everyone around him.
When he gets home he finds out that, Delilah, his high school
MiDouradoP
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Besides Solace, Jason just needed Faith and a reason to stay!

I love when this happens: when I finish a book and find myself speechless, in awe, still swooning and having a hard time to write a review and start a new book. It's when I can't seem to say goodbye!

That's exactly how I'm feeling right now! Jason and Delilah were everything! They were so in synk, so connected, their chemistry was amazing and their feelings were raw, pungent, real and so so real!

We met Jason on Kingwood Duet and since t
Kristen Johnson
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My curiosity about Jason Koster was piqued when I met him in the Kingwood duet so I was more than a little excited to dive into his story. Combining my curiosity about this character and the second chance romance trope I was more than all in.

After being gone from his hometown for years, Jason finds himself drawn back. And that draw is more than just a visit with his mother even though he doesn't understand it at first. I loved watching his interactions with his mom and see flashbacks from his p
Paulette
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SL Scott veered off course in a new direction from Savage and Savior. Jason’s bike went to a place I wasn’t expecting. Her previous two books were suspenseful and darker. Solace shows you the other side of how someone gets to that place. It reveals how human nature and premature thoughts and ideas can be misconstrued and send you off course. Fortunately, that bike can be bring you back to where you belong. Solace is what each one of us is looking for in life at one time or another. This book doe ...more
Sherri Babb
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off I have to say how much I absolutely loved the Kingwood Duet series by S.L. Scott. It was an incredible story that just drew you in and gutted you. This is where we first meet Jason. I have to say I didn't like Jason at all in this series. There was just something about him that rub me the wrong way. I have to say I have changed my mind. Solace is Jason's story and what a story it is. I fell in love with Jason in the first chapter. He was so heart broken over losing the love of his life ...more
Anne Milne
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I went into this story blind all I knew was that it was a second chance love story ( which I love ). It took me awhile but once I realised who the male bbf was I did a happy dance.
As I was surprised I know others will want to be too so I’m not going to mention specifics of the storyline trust me it’s better that way.
Jason and Delilah were high school sweethearts they were the couple that everyone in their small town thought would make it together but they don’t —-> uh uh not telling why.
Yea
Andrea
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't believe it was possible to make me like, let alone care about, Jason Koster. We first meet Jason in the Kingwood Duet but there, he's a mystery. He's just a man who passes through lives never really connecting. There's a story there. A story as to who the man is, the man he was, and the man he's meant to be.

Solace is a journey of not only a man searching for his destiny, but a woman searching for her forever. Jason and Delilah are epic romance. Their love is pure, it is all encompass
Christine
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jason Koster is a swoon worthy bad boy who I first met in the Kingwood Duet. He is a man that made me want to know more about him. Solace is a second chance romance and Jason is so worth getting his second chance.

Delilah Noelle is a woman who doesn't know what to think when Jason comes back to their hometown. She is conflicted with what has happened in the past and even the present.

Will they find their way back to each other? Can love truly overcome all things? Solace is a thing they both dese
Melanie Helms
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. I was so happy to know that Jason was getting his own book after reading about him in Savage and Savior. I was curious about him and wasn't ready to say goodbye to him just yet. This story was so beautifully written by Suzy. It was perfect with tiny parts where you see his past come to play and make you smile knowing it worls so well with the story. He found his reason to stay. 💙
Rosa Kalamas
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG 💕. I love Jason. He was so different from the Kingwood series and it made you understand more or why he was the way he was, if that makes sense. In this book Jason was/is such a sweetheart and he tells it how it is and how he is feeling.
Jen
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance is phenomenal. I love Jason! He's such a bad boy with a heart of gold. He's caring and loyal. Betrayal and lies ruin his first chance at happiness, but he's back for his second chance. He isn't walking away without a fight this time. The story is full of surprises. It's beautiful and entertaining. I loved it!
Nancy Mederos
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the sweetest second chance romance I've ever read. It gave me all the feels. I loved it so much!

Jason Koster was royalty in his small town. He was the hometown hero, football star, homecoming king, and over all good guy. He thought he had it all. That is until the girl he was so madly in love with, the girl he thought was his forever breaks up with him. He leaves for college and later finds out he's lost the girl for good, so what's the point of coming back. A series of odd jobs l
Vanessa (nessreads)
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Honeysuckle" Stars!!!

Ever since Jason was introduced in 'Savage' I fell hard. I needed to know EVERYTHING about him. He was so mysterious and intriguing. He had this aura about him that was addicting. I was spellbound by Jason, and I didn't want the spell to dissipate.

Jason is plagued by demons. There's so much darkness deeply embedded inside himself. Ghosts from his past surround him. No matter how far and wide, there is no amount of dis
Caroline F
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

This story was a fantastic second-chance romance. The author's words were beautiful and moving. It was interesting to see a totally different side to the mysterious Jason Koster, who featured in the Kingwood Duet.

"My home was never a place, but a person."

Jason has rolled back into his hometown on his sexy Harley, with his life complicated and his soul troubled. He doesn't plan on making his visit a long one. However, when he finds out that his high school sweetheart is no longer married
Brandy Roberts
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SOLACE was such a great second chance romance it really drew me in and with the little flashbacks in appropriate areas in the story some my heart filled with warmth , sadness , anger , and heartbreak . This would be my second book I read by this author haven't read the story the hero is mentioned in but I plan to . Jason and Delilah are high school sweet hearts that were torn apart by insecurities , misunderstandings, and one jealous A hole . Once these two are faced with one another again my he ...more
Shermaine Dowling
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was not just a love story. It is a tale about fate, destiny, the mystery of the heart and emotions in which it is wrapped, and about how our heart is designed and shaped like two mirrored halves because we are only a half until the other part of our most precious organ is found. That what is Delilah and Jason's beautiful story is about. Their youthful budding romance, just on the cusp of something remarkable, is pierced by the dark, scheming selfish evil of a supposed best friend, Cole, who ...more
Becky Wise
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this book since I finished Savage and Savior. And it did not disappoint. If I could give it more stars I would. I was sucked in from the beginning and I really hated the adult moments that popped up during the day. Solace had my heart the whole way through. You feel it all in this book and hang onto those emotions all the way through. Such a beautiful journey. Solace is an amazing second chance romance.

You first meet Jason (as Eric) in Savage and Savior. To me he was a bit
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 I LOVE JASON STARS!! This is a beautifully written love story that has all the feels. I felt every emotion in this book and was on the edge of my seat at times. Jason is so sexy, hot and sweet, I can't stop dreaming about him. Jason returns home to relax and finds that his high school sweetheart is no longer married and feelings are still there. S.L. Scott is one of my all time favorite authors with her magical storytelling, that you can't put down. This is one book you will want to read, it i ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~Sonal
Heather Bass
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God this book left me speechless. I did not think I could love this author any more but I was wrong. S.L. Scott puts her heart and soul in her books and that is why she is one of my top authors. I was so excited when I found out that Jason was getting his own book. This book exceeded all my expectations plus more. I was hooked on the very first page. I sat down and read this unforgettable book all the way through.

We met Jason in the Kingwood Duet and even then I loved him. He was very mys
Christina
Have you read the Kingwood duet yet? Then STOP! Read them first, I implore you! Okay, don’t want to listen to me? Whatever, you can certainly read Solace as a standalone, but trust me, you’ll get so much more out of this book if you read the Kingwood duet first. It will really give you a chance to meet Jason and Let you understand a little better why he is the way he is.

So, assuming you haven’t read the Kingwood duet, you’ll meet Jason Koster, a man that has been away from his hometown for about
S.L. Scott is a former high-tech account manager with a journalism degree pursuing her passion for telling stories. She spends her days escaping into her characters and letting them lead her on their adventures.

Live music shows, harvesting jalapenos and eating homemade guacamole are her obsessions she calls hobbies.

Scott lives in the beautiful Texas hill country of Austin with her husband, two yo
More about S.L. Scott

Kingwood (4 books)
  • Savage (Kingwood, #1)
  • Savior (Kingwood, #2)
  • Sacred (Kingwood, #3)
There is no comfort to be given from one who knows no comfort.
Can I be a man who provides solace when I can’t find my own?”
0 likes
“It’s been too long since I’ve laid eyes on the beauty standing before me. “Hi.”
Her shoulders drop, the tension falling away as if she’s been waiting for this day, and it’s finally come. “What took you so long?”
0 likes