Start by marking “That Man Next Door” as Want to Read:
That Man Next Door

That Man Next Door

(Sweet Darlings Inc. #1)

From a New York Times Bestseller comes a sexy romantic comedy featuring a virgin who's had five (failed) one-night stands and all the hilarious hijinks that ensue when One-Night Stand #5 moves in next door...

Published October 24th 2017 by Four Isles Press

To ask other readers questions about That Man Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Man Next Door

Start your review of That Man Next Door
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Nadia Lee is brand new to me y'all and oh my god she was soooo freaking brilliant, sexy, hilarious, and crazy fun that I'm sorry I'm just reading her words for the very first time (but no worries I'm checking the back list).

The very first stunning book in the sweet darlings series...

That Man Next Door completely stole my heart in the most unexpected ways. This book was brilliantly penned and addicting right from the very start. I laughed, I giggled, I swooned, and I laughed some more.
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
FOR GOODREADS

that man next door

Title: That Man Next Door ( Sweet Darlings Inc. #1)
Author: Nadia Lee
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: October 24, 2017

ARC

That Man Next Door is a book you have to read atleast once in your lifetime.. Yup. I said that. It's chick lit galore! It has a 22 year old virgin with a tendency to have wild imagination/over-think things ( Something we have all done hahaha) and a sexy-as-in Man. Need I say more?!

This book has it all!
Is it fun and witty?Yes it is!
Girlfriend aka BFF Goals?!
Mary Baird
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a sexy, sweet, romantic and often funny book. That Man Next Door is the first book that I’ve read from Nadia Lee. As with any new Author it’s always exciting to find someone to add to your list of BTR. A fun read and OMG I can’t wait to read Nadia’s next!!

Jan Doe, truly her name in the book, is a twenty-two-year-old virgin. Afraid of commitments as a result of her own messed up life she has decided that all she has no desire for a relationship. Hence achieving her goal of “losing her V card
Barbara
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Great RomCom! It’s funny (zany might be a better word), it’s flirty fun and sexy romantically as well!

Jan Doe is quite a character. She is unique (dares to be different) but sadly she’s sexually frustrated. You see, Jan is 22 years old, has had 5 one night stands and she is still a Virgin. How is that possible you ask? She uses her Bailey App and gets the heck out of dodge (can anyone say panic attacks-lol)! Jan usually picks guys while she’s out of town so there is no chance of running
Christie72
I loved this sweet and sexy romantic comedy! I fell in love with the book and with Jan within the very first few pages. She was so down to earth and humble with a wicked sense of humor, really someone I would want to be friends with!

Jan is the normal twenty-two-year old, except she is still a virgin. She’s done everything thing she can to pick a man to lose her V card to, but she has had no success. She always bails. She is careful. She wants no strings and only attempts it when she is out of
Cristina
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok so... the idea of an insecure virgin who can’t realize how fast her life is changing is so annoying for me. That’s why the rating is so low. And because of the story too.
Jan is a virgin who is searching for a man to lose her V card with. The problem is that she always “bails” before anything even happens. Until she finds Matt, the guy she wants to sleep with, but not in the first night they see each other.
Matt is the kind of guy any girl would want. Lawyer, hot, stable, rich and caring.
Ivy Deluca
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
description
Meh. This is one of those books that came up as a freebie, and since I am a confessed book hoarder, I went to 1-click that ish, only to discover that I already had it on my TBR Mountain. It's one of the reasons I committed to a no-buy this year. With this in mind, I settled in to read, hoping for the best.

Yeah, I probably could have skipped it.

It has alot of the standard bits I enjoy in a romance (three besties that clearly will anchor this series, hot ONS that turns into more, workplace
Danny
I found this freebie on Amazon and I believe this was my first one by Nadia Lee. And it's definitely not going to be my last. Her writing is great, the ebook structured is smooth and comfortable to read and the humor is amazing. I loved this rom-com.

At first, Jan annoyed me a bit because of her insecurities and indecisions. I'm indecisive enough for myself... being in the Jan's head gave me whiplash. However, she turned out to be pretty great towards the end, gaining her confidence and the
Coco.V
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on iBooks today (1/24/2019)!

Blurb:
I'm a twenty-two year-old virgin who's had five one-night stands. How's that possible? Easy. I've never gone all the way. I just chicken out and bail. Thank God, I've always selected men I'll never run across again...

...until that sexy-as-sin Matt from last weekend moves in next door...

...then shows up as a new in-house counsel at Sweet Darlings Inc. where I work.

Oh...crap.

But it was dark in the hotel room. If I put on a boring office outfit and Clark
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Review: That Man Next Door, Nadia Lee 'That Man Next Door' by Nadia Lee is the First Book in the "Sweet Darlings Inc." series. This is the story of Matt Aston and Jan Doe.Jan is a 22 year old virgin who attempts to make a milestone in her life by loosing her virginity. Jan attempts to pretend to be a hot and sexy secondary person when she attempts the one night stands to reach her millstone of getting rid of her virginity. So when her attempt at number 5 fails she happy to escape again and never ...more
Lucia
Fun,sexy, andtotally addictive new adult romantic comedy mixed with a neighbours twist

That Man Next Door was a fun,sexy, andaddictive new adult romantic comedy mixed with a neighbours twist that I just couldn't put down! I’m not always a fan of new adult style romances or romantic comedies but Nadia Lee completely captured my attention with this easy flowing and addictive read that I literally read it from start to finish in one sitting because I was that engrossed.

While the book is told mostly
Ani Bari
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, oh my. It’s sweet, funny and dam sexy. I was sighing, laughing then fanning myself whilst reading this book. Nadia creates a heroine you can’t help but care for, you want to have her friends and you yearn for her family. It breaks your heart to hear about her scars and the inevitable heartache the story brings. Matt is swoon worthy!

The story is so easy to read and written in a way you just want more. This is my first taste of what Nadia Lee writes and I will be delving into her other
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What a fun flirty sexy read!! I loved the banter between Matt and Jan! I'm a goner for lots of dialogue in a book and That Man Next Door delivered.
This was my first Nadia Lee book and it won't be my last!

Reviewed by: Heather S.
Ann
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgin-heroine
This was a decent read. I forgot what is was a bout since I read it last month. Is that a bad sign? I remember not hating it, but not liking/loving it either. So three stars!
Maggie V
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Copy of Main photo hotdog (1)

That Man Next Door is a sexy new rom-com standalone by Nadia Lee. Coming October 24th!
Pre-order
Amazon |B&N | iBooks | Kobo| Google Play

Read the first 10 Chapters here > http://nlee.ws/rd/sdi1-sneak-peek

ARC

*** ARC KINDLY provided by the AUTHOR in exchange for a HONEST REVIEW ***

This is the first book I have read by Author Nadia Lee and it had so much going on, but it definitely worked for this book. We have the lead female Jan who has had 5 one night stands... sort of... because she is

Amelia Autin
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't know how I missed reading this lovely book by Nadia Lee, but maybe it's a good thing after all because it helped stretch my string of winners to 11 in a row (there was a point over the Christmas break where I was batting 0 for 8, with a bunch of DNFs so upsetting I wanted to throw my Kindle against the wall!)

THAT MAN NEXT DOOR is definitely worth anyone's time to read. It's by Nadia Lee, so of course there will be plenty of...ahem...love scenes, in and out of the bedroom. But this book is
Nataly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jan is a 22 year old virgin who attempts to make a milestone in her life by loosing her virginity. Jan attempts to pretend to be a hot and sexy secondary person when she attempts the one night stands to reach her millstone of getting rid of her virginity. So when her attempt at number 5 fails she happy to escape again and never to see the guy again. But Jan is
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
That Man Next Door was a sweet and funny book that I blew right through! There were some unexpected moments in this story that brought tears to my eyes. I find that the light-hearted novels tend to pack the most punch when you get down to the nitty gritty part of the story.

Matt and Jan were so freaking cute together! Jan is awkward and doesn't realize how beautiful and smart she truly is. All she wants to do is lose her virginity on a one night stand but always panics before she can get that
Tracey-J
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book by Nadia Lee so I wasn’t sure what to expect but this book turned out to be a great little read.

Jan has had 5 one night stand and is still a virgin, how? because she runs out on the guy before going through with it and thankfully never sees them again. That’s until Matt who is the latest guy she bails on, he moves in next door and then shows up as the new guy where she works!

The book is told in the
Heather andrews
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Matt drives a hard bargain, “I mean it. Dinner. Tonight. You can have your panties back then. I’ll even have them laundered, dried and pressed.” Matt has a good eye, “those clouds over there…” He points. “They look like breasts. Yours in particular.” Matt likes to mke sure his girl is taken care of, “have breakfast with me. I basically only have bagels and cereal, but I can also whip up some eggs if you want.” I liked this book, I fell in love with Matt.
Cher
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it

I liked it. I really did but I didn't love it. Can't place what didn't grab me and can't put this book in a 4 or 5 rating. Although it probably had to do with his parents and Emma. I will write a better review when I've had more time to digest it. I will say that I liked it enough to go to the second book. I have a feeling I can get behind Sammi.
Heather
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Nadia Lee book and it won't be my last!
Ariel
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: a-few-chuckles
Spoilers towards the end of the review!
This book was great...until it wasn't. I started off loving everything about this story. It was funny, the supporting characters were great, and the heroine and hero had chemistry. As the story progressed, I quickly got fed up with the negative attitude of the heroine. She was always putting herself down. I didn't let it bother me at first because the people around her were always telling her how great she was and it was balancing out the constant
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute but wanted more

This was a cute story. The heroine is a little too much a Debby downer but the hot chemistry makes up for it.
Treena
I liked Jan. I liked Matt. I would've liked this story a whole lot more if it had more of Matt's POV. It's not right that we only got that one chapter at the very end with his perspective.
Judy Lewis
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A FUN, FLIRTY ROMANCE !!!
Title: That Man Next Door
Series: Sweet Darlings Inc.
Author: Nadia Lee
Designation: Book One of Series, Full-Length, Standalone, Contemporary Romantic Comedy/Chick Lit, No Cliffhanger
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Sexy Stars*****
Oh my! This may have been my first time reading the work of Nadia Lee, but it certainly won't be my last! I loved, loved, loved That Man Next Door! I adore romantic comedy, and there's nothing I enjoy more than a well-written
Kyle Hakim
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
April Symes
That Man Next Door' by Nadia Lee is the First Book in the "Sweet Darlings Inc." series. This is the story of Jan Doe and Matt Aston. Jan has had 5 one night stand and is still a virgin—your probably wondering how? right.. Because she runs out on the guy before going through with it and never sees the guy again…. that’s until Matt. who is guy #5 she bailed on, he moves in next door and then shows up as the new guy where she works! Jan finds out that Matt is good friends with her cousin/boss David ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • Living with Her One-Night Stand (The Loft, #1)
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks)
  • Game Changer
  • Tall, Dark and Charming (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #1)
  • Just Playin'
  • Colton  (Wild Men, #2)
  • Best Fake Fiance (Loveless Brothers #2)
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Dream Lover (Lover Boys, #1)
  • Boss I Love to Hate
  • 10 Dates (The Power of Ten, #1)
  • Rascal (Rascals #1)
  • Seducing the Billionaire's Wife
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Date Dare
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
Bilingual former management consultant Nadia Lee has lived in four different countries and enjoyed many adventures and excellent food around the globe. In the last eight years, she has kissed stingrays, got bitten by a shark, ridden an elephant and petted tigers.

She shares an apartment overlooking a river and palm trees in Japan with her husband, winter white hamsters and an ever-widening pile of

Sweet Darlings Inc. (3 books)
  • That Sexy Stranger