Start by marking “The Baby Project (Kingston Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Baby Project (Kingston Family, #3)

The Baby Project

(Kingston Family #3)

Liz Kingston spends her life delivering babies and longs for one of her own. All she needs is someone with fabulous genetic material. Who better to ask than her sexy ex-fling, who has no interest in ever settling down or being a father.

International correspondent Grant Wilbanks loves danger and travelling the world. But nothing in all this Brit’s experience could have prep
Published September 4th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Indulgence)

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Project

Start your review of The Baby Project (Kingston Family, #3)
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I love a second chance romance! This book follows Liz who loves delivering babies and is now ready for her own. Liz recently got divorced and had a fling with Grant the international reporter that she was stationed with while overseas. Liz thought things where more serious than they were and eventually returned home without Grant. Grant was covering a story overseas and made a career mistake and now has been sent to the small town that Liz lives in to cover another story.

I loved that t
Melody Cox
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-read, favorites
Wow! Fantastic! I loved this book. Every page held my interest and once I sat down to read it I couldn't stop until I completed it.

Liz Kingston MD, is an OB and spends her life delivering babies. The problem is she wants desperately to have one of her own before her endometriosis does her in and completely prevents it.

Grant Wilbanks is an international correspondent loving danger and traveling the world. Relationships and family are not for him with the kind of career he has chosen.

One year ago
Ayekah
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story is all I can say, an absolute must read. This book has so much more depth than I expected and it made it all the better.

Elizabeth is an OB Doctor, returning to her small hometown in North Carolina to join a practice with her best friend in college Brett and another woman. After catching her fiancé with another woman right before their wedding, she walks out and joins Doctors Without Borders for a year to basically regroup and move on with her life. While in Africa she meets Grant
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Miranda Liasson offers up a complicated, but well written second chance at love story in The Baby Project. Two people who had an affair in a war torn country are reunited in a small town where they find they can’t seem to be just friends; both broken in ways and with every different views on life find their way to one another. Their happily ever after is hard fought, but filled with good times, easy conversation, heartbreak, and happiness.

After finding her husband cheating on her in their bed, D
Elaine
This is a delicious story running through the whole gamut of emotions! Liz Kingston caught her husband in their bed with another woman. She walked out and spent a year working with Doctors Without Borders. During that time she met and fell in love with Grant Wilbanks, a British journalist. They had a torrid affair but he didn’t leave with her as he’d promised. Now she’s home again and still dreams of having a baby of her own. When Grant turns up staying in his aunt’s home next door to Liz, she a ...more
Brandy
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this story. The storyline! I adored the Hero, Grant Wilbanks. A young Hugh Grant with a little, young Anderson Cooper mixed in. (As far as his occupation anyway.) I can just hear his sexy British accent. I liked the heroine, Dr. Liz Kingston. I loved the fact that she was an O.B. I fell in love with her family, and BFF, Dr. Brett Stevens. It had the perfect balance of sweet and steam. Funny and touching. The last chapter and prologue stole my heart.
Liz and Grant met earl
Becky Lower
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two things you can be sure of when you pick up a Miranda Liasson novel–it will be a comforting read that you can slide right into and it will pack a punch. That may seem like a dichotomy but I love the topics she picks to write about and handles so beautifully. This book is no exception. Liz and Grant are two delicious characters whose love story sizzles off the pages. Liz captured my interest because of her work with Doctors Without Borders. And Grant reminded me of Richard Engel, the NBC forei ...more
Doni
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Baby Project by Miranda Liasson is a fabulous book! It's the 3rd book about the Kingston family.
I loved the book & really enjoyed reading it.
It is a touching & emotional love story about
Liz & Grant.
Two people who wanted, what they felt was important, possibly finding something even more wonderful in their lives
They first met in Africa, where they had a relationship. Unfortunately, Grant, was dedicated to his job, as a Journalist.
Liz, a Doctor, moved back home to open
a practice there.
But,
Debbie DiFiore
Good story. Hero and heroine had a fling overseas and he stands her up when she waited for him to meet up with her. Year later he comes to her small town to visit his Aunt and look up the h because he can't get over her. She wants a baby and he agrees to IVF but he wants nothing to do with a relationship or a baby. Or does he? Loved the ending and I love her family. I liked the small town too. Wish I lived somewhere like that. Cute story.
Patty
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this book I did not know what to expect.  I definitely did not expect the emotional story that I read.  It was heartbreaking and beautiful.  I cried a lot reading this book.  I was thinking it was like most of the baby style romance books.  A sexy read with a baby bargaining chip, but that is not what I got.  I got a story so full of emotion and heart-gripping love.

In this story Elizabeth is an OB doctor who is just floating along in life.  Yes she is hard-working and love
Dixie-Lee Campbell
What an amazing creative master piece of words !
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you pick up a book by Ms Liasson you are guaranteed a book that will touch your heart and all your senses. This one was no different.
The story centers around Grant Willbank and Liz Kingston. He is a world famous correspondence who met Liz , an OB/GYN in Kenya. She was working with Doctors Without Borders and he was working on a story. They had an affair which ended badly and now , after creating a political crisis in Kenya, Grant is sent back to the USA.
Without giving away the plot and Liz
Elizabeth Neal
Liz, a doctor, spends her days helping happy couples welcome their babies into their world, and longs to have one, or more, of her own some day, preferably soon. However, that dreams dies painfully upon catching her husband inserting his tab D into another woman's slot V. *Yeah, I went there. Ha, that's what she said. LOL Okay, I'm done...maybe* It isn't long before she's fleeing the country, literally, and takes an assignment in Africa as part of the Doctors without Borders program.

Grant, an in
CK
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED every page of this book! This was quite the page turner! Nothing was rushed and the pace of the story and the character development was spot-on! The passion and chemistry of grant and Lizzy was exceptional! If you like contemporary romance, you will 100pct enjoy this book!
Carol
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars.
I have read several books by Miranda Liasson and they are always such a good read. She seems to effortlessly deliver these tender, heart touching and sensitive stories that are combined with a small town setting and "lots of charm".
Grant Willbank and Liz Kingston originally met in Kenya where he was a international correspondent and she was an OB/GYN doing a stint for Doctors without Borders. They had a passionate affair that ended badly and now Liz has returned home to join a practice i
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 4.5*

Busy doctor meets international journalist in this quick, sexy read from Miranda Liasson. And when I say quick, I mean finished in one sitting in a couple of hours. I couldn’t stop!

You know when you’re reading a romance and you just want to scream and huff because you just want them to KISS ALREADY? That was me from about 10% in. It was painful. But that’s a sign of good chemistry, right? The sizzling undercurrent c
Isha Coleman
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The Baby Project (Kingston Family) by Miranda Liasson
Liz thought she had her future all planned out. Her perfect plans went up in smoke and now at 32 she longs for something more. A family. That too may be quickly slipping away. Enter Grant Wilbanks, world traveler. He's hot, he's caring but a wanderer at heart. Can a torrid affair give them both the family of their dreams? Ms. Liasson took a subject that is heartbreaking and turned it into an inspiring tale of love. A story of hope that touch
Linda Quick
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! I was drawn into Liz and Grant's story from the very first page and was totally engaged until the very last page and turning pages just as quickly as possible. I loved the characters and felt invested in their story - I even loved Liz's family and dog. How could you not love a rescue dog named Gizmo? Too sweet for words.

If you enjoy contemporary romance, you will love this book. This is a must read for fans of the genre. While this is the first book I've read by the author, it w
Kathy Osborn
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Miranda Liasson's new book, it's full of love and heart that sticks with you even after you have finished. Miranda picks the most unique subjects to write about and gives it life within the pages of her books.

Liz wants to have a baby before it's too late, but a failed marriage and a disease that could prevent her from getting pregnant the old fashion way is looming in the future.

Grant has come to Buckleberry Bend to do a story on small town American dying out as he was sidelined for sm
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I’m thirty-two years old, divorced, and I have endometriosis. And I haven’t had a date since my grandmother tried to fix me up with that guy whose first name was the same as my mom’s maiden name. She kept trying to say we weren’t related, but I knew better.

… her husband, the man she’d dated since high school, cheated on her with Daphne Marie Henderson, who owned the pet grooming business in town. At the time, they hadn’t even been married a year. She thought Parker was dropping o
Diane
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read hundreds of books over the years this is the first book that I can remember reading twice in a matter of days because I wanted to savor this beautifully written story and experience the emotional connection between these two characters again and again. Liz is an ob/gyn who is surrounded by babies but fears she'll never have a child of her own because her picture perfect marriage ended in divorce and being a workaholic keeps her too busy to examine her lonely life. Grant is a British ...more
Misty
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book. I have loved every book in this series. Liz is a OB doctor wanting her own baby and running out of time. She doesn't just want any sperm she wants to know the Gene's she getting. Grant is her neighbors nephew and she also had a fling with him while away in Africa. She asked him to donate his sperm. When he agreed she was stunned but happy. What she didn't expect is to fall in love with him again and he loves her too. But can they put aside their fears and past failures away to ...more
Tina Todd shobe
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liz and Grant meet in Nairobi, Africa. Liz is there working with Doctors without Borders healing a broken heart after a failed marriage. Grant is there as a reporter. There is an instant connection between these two and when Liz boards a train going home thinking Grant is joining her she gets a text from him saying he's not joining her. What a jerk!

Liz goes on with her life but is facing a life changing choice of possible having an IVF. Her sister and sister-in-law are both pregnant and she is f
Izzie d
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
It was okay.
A well traveled route, man unable to 'love' due to mommy and daddy issues and woman who has given up on finding her HEA after a divorce (cheating husband).
It has an added extra, he works away in dangerous situations related to his issues and they have met before.
Bit predictable but if you like this sort of story then it's fine.
Vikki Vaught
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

I thoroughly enjoyed this emotionally charged romance with plenty of heart. I loved the characters and the plot was engaging. This one grabbed my attention and kept it to the end. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Laura Wollam
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story by Miranda Liasson! She pulled me in from the very beginning, and I couldn't out the book down until the very end. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys a dream-come-true HEA.
Emabubby
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Baby Project by Miranda Liasson is a delightful book to read. The story grabs the reader attention from the very first page to the very last page. Liz Kingston has wanted to have a baby for just about forever. Betrayed by her cheating husband and abandon by Grant Wilbanks, Liz's British lover, she no longer trusts men. All she wants is some genetic material so she can conceive a child. Much to Liz's dismay Grant turns up next door staying in his aunt's decrepit old mansion. Hiding out after ...more
Becky
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I enjoyed Liz and Grant's story--a sweet second chance romance with a baby surprise ;)

Liz was a strong character, knowing what she wanted and doing what she could to get it for herself all by herself (well, as by herself as she could, anyway!) I would have liked her to have felt less conflicted about telling her family the truth, though--not that I blame her at all for hesitating, but I wanted her to own it sooner than she did in the end. Still, she's a great character, and it's easy to root fo
Bec

Learning she may not be able to get pregnant is a huge blow for Liz Kingston, especially when there's nothing more she wants in the world than to have a baby. Choosing the right man to give her a simple donation should be easy enough since she has her heart set on Grant Wilbanks; the man that broke her heart a year ago and the man that has come back into her life. Asking Grant is simple, but when Liz begins to fall for the gorgeous man all over again, will she win his heart this time around or w
LadyTechie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
What are the chances that two people who have a brief intense affair while both on mission in Africa might have another chance? According to the Baby Project those chances are quite good. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review from Barclay Publicity. Grant is news correspondent who has worked in some of the most dangerous areas of the world bring news of conflicts to the world. He is rumored to be close to winning a Pulitzer prize and his boss is chomping at the bit to get that award ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Two Week Seduction (Secret Desires, #3)
  • One Night in Vegas
  • Kiss Me at Midnight
  • Naughty Little Wishes (Birthday Dare, #2)
  • A New Orleans Threesome (The Vampire, The Witch and The Werewolf, #1)
  • Take Me if You Dare (Birthday Dare, #1)
  • Faking It
  • Temporarily Yours
  • Game for Tonight (Game for It, #3)
  • The Prince's Bride (Modern Fairytales, #2)
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Put A Ring On It, #2)
  • Spring it on Me
  • When You Knew (The Cabots, #3)
  • My Ex's Baby (Crescent Cove #8)
  • Say You Do
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • The Cliff House

Miranda Liasson is an Amazon bestselling author whose heartwarming and humorous small–town romances have won accolades such as the National Readers' Choice Award and the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, and have been Harlequin Junkie and Night Owl Reviews Top Picks.

She lives in the Midwest with her husband and three kids in a charming old neighborhood which is the inspiration for many of the home

Kingston Family (3 books)
  • Heart and Sole (Kingston Family, #1)
  • A Man of Honor (Kingston Family, #2)