Start by marking “Smoke and Sin (The Perfect Gentlemen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Smoke and Sin (The Perfect Gentlemen, #4)

Smoke and Sin

(The Perfect Gentlemen #4)

More than a decade ago, Roman Calder had a scorching affair with the sister of one of his best friends. Augustine Spencer drove him so crazy he thought of nothing but her. The only thing they did more often than heat the sheets was fight. Unprepared for the intensity of their relationship, Roman broke things off and concentrated on things that made sense to him: his career ...more
Published September 26th 2017 by Black Oak Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Smoke and Sin, please sign up.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Nothing has ever made me feel as alive as you.”
“And no one has ever broken me the way you did, Roman.”

Holy.
Mother.
Of.
All.
Things.
EPIC.

This book. THIS BOOK was everything!!! My favorite book in the series so far, Smoke and Sin has absolutely blown me away. I was glued to the pages well into the night, completely incapable of setting it down for even a second.

From what I knew of Gus from previous books, I already knew I was going to love her. What I didn't expect was to love her as much
Kristina
Sep 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
What a load of crap.

She's pathetic, he's worse. It takes him 13 years to even bother trying to be with her again. Even then, he's not sure if he wants that.

He was a massive manwhore for 13 years, fell in love with another woman and thought about marriage with others.

She was a womanwhore for 13 years, and pined for this loser.

This is not a love story, and certainly not romantic.

Just plain bad.
Shayla
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need this book now. I already know I will love this book. These 2 authors teaming up can do no wrong. Please get this to us readers asap, aka now :) thanks
Anna's Herding Cats
May 24, 2016 marked it as to-read
Neeeeeeed.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, missy
I swear. I need a minute to catch my breath after that AMAZING and SHOCKING ride!! GAHH this series just keeps getting better and better!! I absolutely love Shayla Black and Lexi Blake's Perfect Gentlemen series as it legit has the perfect combination of action, romance, heat, a compelling storyline and HOT characters!! They always deliver a sassy heroine who will take no prisoners and a hero who will fight to protect her at all costs. I have been waiting for Roman Calder and Augustine "Gus" Spe ...more
Shayna
When it comes to romantic suspense, Shayla Black and Lexi Blake are the absolute PROS! Whether they are writing individually or as a team, nobody brings us sex, excitement, and danger quite like this pair! There’s passion. There’s heart-pumping suspense. It’s romance at its finest with enough grit and raw sensuality to have you blushing for days. Black and Blake are my GO TO authors in the romance genre, period. And every single new release they present to the world, makes me fall harder than th ...more
Sheila Melo
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DO NOT SPOIL THIS BOOK FOR YOURSELF. Avoid spoilers and this book will not disappoint.

"Dealing with any of the Perfect Gentlemen was always an intricate game of chess. Thankfully, she'd had a lifetime to become a master."

FINAL DECISION: Hot, angst filled, dramatic and full of surprises. This second chance at love story kept me up until 3am and then all I wanted to do was re-read it.

THE STORY: Years ago Roman Calder and Gus Spencer had a hot affair. Things blew up because the passion and intensit
Tiffany Shaw
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need this book like I need my next breath. I have been in agony waiting for the next installment in this series. Just tell me when the release date is. I'm so excited!!!!
Gawelleb
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Je n’y aurais pas cru ...
Jessica
Aug 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this book. I wish we knew when it will be released.
Jojo92
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Un excellent livre qui continue la trame de l’histoire avec des intrigues, et des retournements de situation. J’ai beaucoup aimé même si j’ai été un peu perdu pendant un moment. Augustine et Roman sont parfait l’un pour l’autre on a du mal à comprendre qu’avec des étincelles entre eux comme cela ils ne se soient pas rapproché avant.
Et quel fin!!! Vive Septembre !!!!
Devika
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love this series..too bad i have to wait one year for the next book!
Bambi Unbridled
description

Shayla and Lexi have been extremely evil with this series - giving us the teases of Mad and not answering the question of "is he or isn't he?" But I have been riveted to this series arc as they have dribbled out the facts of the conspiracy and huge political secret. I think it speaks to the quality of the writing that I have enjoyed this series despite being overtired of everything political over the past year.

The Perfect Gentlemen up in this installment is Roman Calder, right hand to the presi
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars photo: Rate 5 Stars Rate5.gif

Love love loved it!!!! Just sad there is a whole freaking year to wait till Zack and Liz's book.....by that time I will have forgotten the previous books....:(
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Long ago she'd decided that action was better than reaction."

I must say, this series is blowing my mind. I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of the story that focused on Roman and Gus. I knew it was gonna be good, but no way did I expect it to be that good. Smoke and Sin kept me up all night, even when I did go to bed my mind kept playing out all the possibilities. The plot thickens, some secrets stay hidden and others are revealed. Some of the players are identified, and others rema
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I will make this quick. The hero is a manwhore, the heroine is a womanwhore. Great for them. For once the heroine is not virginal. What really really bothered me is that she slept with Mad before she slept with Roman and a year after her break up with Roman she and Maddox and I quote "we fucking like bunnies". One of the few things that turn me off a book faster than I can close it is having one of the MCs sleep with a person who is close to the other MC and that's why I avoid books where the he ...more
juviasft
BOOOIII AM I EXCITED FOR ZACK'S BOOK since the beginning of the series, really, BUT this one make me want it harder.

I've been reading this series for what feels like forever and, as I always said, the plot is so well written and thought with every book that you read you get more and more invested in the story, which I find it hard to achieve by most author I've read so far.

But these two? I'm not disappointed (except for Connor's book, but whatever nothing is perfect)

I enjoyed this one, mostly be
Lissy Liz
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can not wait for he next installment!!
Misty
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Allyson
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The BEST of The Perfect Gentlemen! Roman and Gus are a perfect mix of angst, lust and sin!!

“...with any of the Perfect Gentlemen was always an intricate game of chess.”

The dynamic duo are at it again with the fourth book of The Perfect Gentlemen series, Smoke and Sin. Shayla Black and Lexi Blake are quite the team with their impeccable writing skills, giving us a book that we race to 1-click on Amazon! These two are the Queens for romantic suspense novels delivering 5 Stars of passion, red hot l
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Things get more intense in the fourth book in Lexi Blake and Shayla Black's newest Perfect Gentlemen book, Smoke and Sin! Another puzzle piece gets added from the secrets that are revealed and then another intricate and eye opening clue gets revealed all while the flame between Gus and Roman (which has been brewing for years) comes roaring back to life, hot and fast and definitely more sexy than you can imagine!

The one thing I love most about this series is the
Sohinee Reads & Reviews (Bookarlo)
This was a smoky and sinful read!

I started this series almost from the last book ( I know, I am sorry okay? 🙈) but since I figured that each book in the series features a different couple, it wasn't really a problem but yes, I'll go back and read the previous ones because looks like I am hooked to this series (which rarely happens).

The characters are beautifully portrayed. Wait, beautiful isn't exactly the correct word to describe the characters but I loved (repeat that a thousand times) the wa
Eva Millien
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roman Calder and Gus Spencer has a scorching affair more than a decade ago and no matter how much they try to deny searing intensity of their attraction to each other the heat becomes unbearable while unraveling an international conspiracy in this riveting romance full of gut wrenching emotions.

Sizzling chemistry leaps from the pages as these strong, bold characters struggle through past mistakes, unspoken desires and secrets to reach for their future. The emotional turmoil flows from every pag
amy r
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
***** 5 AMAZING STARS!!

-- this review contains spoilers --

I love this series! Each of the perfect gentlemen and their ladies are AMAZING! Gus is so strong and fun, she is a balls-to-the-wall kinda girl and takes no prisoners. She is by far the best part of this book. I like the fact that Shayla Black writes such strong female characters and each one is different but totally kiss-ass yet soft in their own way.

After a long ago affair that ended in heartache for both Gus & Roman and years of w
Lidia
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Among all the male characters that are very unbearable prick ,ipocrit, caveman selfish, fake ... and I could write more adjectives about, there is Roman, and to the end of book I don't like he however. Gus is a strong and smart and caring woman, only not, when it's about Roman. Then she accepts to be treated as a whore. So , what there is positive and intersting in this book is as the mystery about Zack go on. Sure the two truly protagonist are Roman and Gus, naturally I'm partial to Gus but I h ...more
Darcy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For most of this book I wanted to bitch slap Roman, especially with how he dropped Gus like a hot potato at the start. I hated how he made her feel, the dirty secret, how she was ok for sex, but not for a real relationship. It didn't help that he seemed to hold Gus moving on and liking sex against her, such a stupid double standard. The bickering between them drove me nuts, I wished they would have talked once and for all, to confront both elephants in the room.

This one ended on a cliff hanger,
Ratula
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO AMAZING!! Full Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Nikki
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Smoke and Sin
The Perfect Gentlemen series book #4
Release Date: September 26, 2017
Review copy provided by the publisher

Holy crap. Holy crap! I knew it! I can't believe it finally happened, but I freakin' knew it! And I can't tell you anything about it. You need to read the book to find out what I'm talking about. It's killing me to not sing it from the rooftop. Plus, I would probably look like a crazy person if I did.

The series has building up to this. And there's still more books to come! I ha
TheSassyNerd
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smoke and Sin is book 4 in The Perfect Gentlemen series and it zeros in on Roman and Augustine.

Augustine is Dax’s sister and Dax is Roman’s best friend, After an intense affair over 10 years ago, the two went their separate ways, Roman wanting something a little less intense and wanting to focus more on his life, but after being reunited after so long, the sparks, the fireworks, the intensity and the lust and passion come rushing back to them in full force, It’s as if it never truly left.

After
Elissa
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GIVE ME BOOK 5 NOW
  • Lie To Me (Black Opals #2)
  • Love Another Day (Masters and Mercenaries, #14)
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • ROAR
  • Midnight Revenge (Killer Instincts, #7)
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Keep Me Closer (Dangerous Tides, #2)
  • His Only Weakness (Slow Burn, #6)
  • Wicked Intentions (Wicked Games, #3)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than sixty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, muc

The Perfect Gentlemen (5 books)
  • Scandal Never Sleeps (The Perfect Gentlemen, #1)
  • Seduction in Session (The Perfect Gentlemen, #2)
  • Big Easy Temptation (The Perfect Gentlemen, #3)
  • At the Pleasure of the President (The Perfect Gentlemen, #5)