Start by marking “Broken Rebel (Lawless Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Rebel (Lawless Kings, #2)

Broken Rebel

(Lawless Kings #2)

What do you do when the one person you love is the one person who can’t have?

Broken Rebel is an intense, ultra-sexy standalone novel set in the world of the Lawless Kings. Sherilee Gray’s raw, hard, beautifu
Published October 10th 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Broken Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Rebel

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Broken Rebel is book two in the Lawless Kings series by Sherilee Gray. I love Sherilee’s books and fell in love with the first book of this new series. This series, though, is a bit darker than some of her books, the characters are flawed and broken with dark pasts they are trying to overcome. In other words, they are perfect.

Ruby Styles is the receptionist at the King Agency. But more than that, she is family to the men who work there. They protect her and love her like a little sister. That is
Eve (Between The Bookends)

DNF 40%

description

Part of the blame lies with me on this one. I should have read my review for book one before accepting this one. Had I done that I would have remembered that NECO was the asshat that had sex with OW in front of this doormat heroine to push her away (didn't work BTW she just kept taking every disgusting and assholey thing he did to her while pining for him...sigh). I couldn't stand these two in the first book, and this one certainly wasn't making me a fan of theirs. So to save the life of
Carvanz
This was one of the most gloriously INTENSE books I’ve ever read!

Ruby and Neco grew up in the same neighborhood. He was her safe place when she needed protection. Even as children, Neco’s innate protective instincts led him to offer her the shelter of his arms. Eventually, decisions he made as a young man begin to darken his soul and he knows he must protect her from himself.

Fast forward nine years. Although they have remained in each other’s lives, they are no longer the friends they once were
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Another great one from Sherilee Gray! I love me a good anti hero and these broken men of the King Agency have quite the bad boy reputations. The intensity they all exude jumps out of the pages.

Broken Rebel is a story about a young boy and girl who turn to each other when their home life gets to be too much. Neco has always shielded Ruby as best he can but as he learns years later as an adult, he hasn’t always been able to. He takes the responsibility of her too seriously and pushes her away to
Dísir
I’ll say from the start that I love Sherilee Gray’s writing, which is probably even harder to admit that the Lawless Kings series has been a sore disappointment so far. Gray’s prose is always easy to get through and her stories are decently plotted, so it was a huge surprise (or shock even) when I ended up with the problem of trying to get behind the protagonists and failing miserably.

‘Broken Rebel’ is in essence for me, a version of a toxic relationship—of enabling and needing—that presents a d
Kira
It was agonizing to get through this. Once I got halfway through I did some serious skimming to finish it since I was pretty sure how it was going to end up. The bad guy was predictable. There wasn't anyone else it could possibly be. Neco was okay, but Ruby was one of the most aggravating characters ever!

Ruby and Neco had been friends since they were young kids. As they grew older they were attracted to each other but never had a relationship because Neco thought she deserved better because he w
Claire Robinson
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 - "We will never be done…" Stars!

Broken Rebel; book two in the Lawless Kings series gives us Neco and Ruby’s story. They came across very much as ‘frenemies with chemistry’ in the first book; Shattered King, and the author gives them a great story following on from it.

I want to lick him from head to toe and kick him in the nuts at the same time…

I really enjoyed this book, all is not as it originally seems between our couple, what with them knowing each other since childhood, Neco has always
Michaelene
"Good freaking God. He didn’t even need to try and he turned me into a puddle of over-excited hormones."

Sherilee Gray has quickly become one of my go-to authors. This book is smokin’ hot, the chemistry is volatile, and the plot diabolically clever. Broken Rebel is an exhilarating thrill ride and oh, so sexy! Don’t miss it!

Ruby’s had it bad for her next-door neighbor and friend, Neco. She calls him her superman after their tough childhood had them comforting each other. Years later, Neco’s a forc
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
STRONG HEROINE ALERT!

SO satisfying when a heroine FINALLY decides to take her life back and build herself up.

Two broken kids from broken families. Neco has always been there for Ruby. Taking care of her and protecting her is all he has ever known. But things get complicated now that they're older. Ruby wants Neco to acknowledge her and give in to what is brewing between them. Neco feels like he needed to protect her from his own demons. And he is determined to do so even if it hurts her.
Neco st
~Mandi~
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Broken Rebel
Lawless Kings #2
Sherrilee Gray
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is Neco and Ruby's story and it was so good. It's always awesome to see people with rough childhoods grow and become better from their experiences.

"We were written in the stars. We were inevitable. I belonged to him and he belonged to me. Nothing would ever change that."

Neco could only deny himself for so long before he realized he was what Ruby needed. He was her protector and always will be.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. I can't wa
Kimberley C.
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I completely enjoyed this story, and I must admit that I LOVE Sherilee Gray's writing. I felt every single one of Neco and Ruby's heartbreaks and I found both of them believable and relatable. (And I will also admit that I want to be Ruby because Neco is HOT.)

Great story, and I enjoyed visiting in with Lulu and Hunter from the last book. Now I need the next in the series because these men are addictive.
A Klue
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Broken Rebel is the second intense, sexy installment of the Lawless Kings series. This time it's Neco and Ruby's story and it's a doozy!

Neco and Ruby have a complicated history. He's the man who's always been her savior since she was a child looking for a little haven away from her abusive stepmother. But now that they're all adults and both working for Hunter and Van's security agency, Ruby wants more from Neco than just a pseudo brother/protector. She's been in love with him forever and she wa
Nicole P
This was pretty much the same as the first book, Shattered King. At one point I honestly thought I had somehow crossed over to the first book. The men of King Agency definitely have similar traits: big, alpha, possessive, tough, angry and intense. Neco Malik, the resident computer genius, is trying to do the honorable thing by keeping his distant from his long-time friend Ruby. They grew up opposite each other and he was always her protector. Her savior. No wonder why she fell in love with him. ...more
--Roxx-- • A Hopeless Romantic •
Loved this one, the start seemed repetitive for a bit but it’s maybe because we got some of that background in book 1. Really surprised to have enjoyed this more than the first but it makes sense! Definitely recomendable
Ayekah
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of the series. I love Sherilee's books, that goes without saying. This was a tough read. It's emotional, contains some quick snapshots of the abuse Ruby went through and Neco being her protector and now that they are adults he's a pain in her backside. He was a pain in mine.

This book had so many twists and turns and honestly her writing lead you merrily down this path toward some pretty intense situations that occurred and the intrigue and mystery factors were insanely good. I honestly ca
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I wanted to lick him from head to toe and kick him in the nuts all at once."

I read Broken Rebel as a standalone, but it was so damn good I want to go back and read the first book in the Lawless Kings series now that I know that there will probably be a book for each of the guys in the agency. They are all amazing characters that I want to spend some more time with and learn about their backgrounds. I already know that every single one of them is a broken bad boy which is my favorite kind.

Ruby
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Broken Rebel' by Sherilee Gray is Book Two in the "Lawless Kings". This is the story of Neco and Ruby.
Neco and Ruby were childhood friends. Neco has tried to protect Ruby as much as he can. But now that they have grown things have become more complicated. They have seem to be fighting more but truly I think they were just fighting their attraction.
This has some emotional outline in their story but it was an overall exciting read.
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Doormat heroine. Keeps chasing hero. Man whore hero.
Megan
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was a doozy. I don't know if I can take this any more of this series tortured heroes and ansgty relationships. They hurt too much! We still get our HEA, but it's SO hard fought, and it was painful to watch the process. The writing is so well done, and the characters believable, but it just HURTS.

Neco works at the King Agency, a group of friends who run a security/PI business. They've all had tragic backstories of some kind: bad childhoods, crimes committed, PTSD from military service or
Sandy S
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 10, 2017

They used to be best friends...but now, all they do is fight each other at every turn. She's loved him since he saved her from her evil stepmother all those years ago. He's sworn to never love her for fear of tainting her innocence with his criminal past.
What do you do when the one person you love is the one person you can’t have?

•••••••••••••

REVIEW: 3.75 stars--BROKEN REBEL is the second installment in Sherilee Gray’s contemporary, adult
Maura
Beth
This is the second book in this series and can be read as a standalone, but to really get a grasp of Neco and Ruby and the rest of the guys King’s Agency, read the first book Shattered King.

Ruby and Neco were childhood friends and both had terrible childhoods. Ruby’s father died when she was young and her stepmother was very abusive both verbally and physically and didn’t protect Ruby from her wandering boyfriends. Ruby would sneak out her bedroom window and run across the street and tap on Neco
Shaddow Wolf
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I GOT THIS BOOK FREE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS BOOK IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES BUT I HAVE NOT READ THAT BOOK BUT THE MAIN TWO THAT THAT BOOK WAS ABOUT WAS PART IF THIS BOOK BUT DID NOT AFFECT IT THAT I DID NOT KNOW THERE STORY SO CAN READ THIS BOOK WITH OUT READING THE FIRST WITCH WAS GOOD FOR ME (LOL). SHERILEE GRAY IS ANOTHER NEW AUTHOR TO ME WITCH IS GOOD AS THIS STORY WHICH INTEREST AND ENTERTAINING AND LOOK FORWARD TO MORE OF HER WORK AND FUTURE BOOK IN THIS SERIES.

THE MAIN FEMALE I
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Professional Reader

I recieved a copy of Broken Rebel from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

If you havent read Shattered King, book 1 in this series. you may want to before reading this one. So you can see what these two are like on a daily struggle from another's p.o.v.

Will Neco finally see Ruby as a grown women needing him fro him and not a protector? Will Ruby let go of her fear from her abusive childhood and become the strong and independent women that will take what she wants and take down the ones that
BookWormAli
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read. I went in thinking it was an MC read for some reason and ended up thoroughly enjoying it. The plot was intriguing and the characters relatable.

There were a lot of pros for me, If you know me You probably know the first. I love strong women h. I especially like when they surprise the H and surpass expectations. Ruby did this for me. At the beginning I though she might be flighty but she actually showed remarkable strength of character and truth to herself. I also liked
Samantha
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved the first book so I thought that the 2nd one was going to have the same intensity. There was too much internal conflict for me to fully enjoy this story.

Ruby and Neco has been friends from childhood. Ruby has always crushed on Neco. He has played her knight in shining armor throughout their entire existence. Neco has done some stuff in his past that he is not proud of so he pushes Ruby away fearing that he would taint her innocence.

The first conflict is weak at best. They work together
Simona Misevska
5 STARS
description
I loved this book, from the first chapter i knew this will be a 5 star read for me and i was no wrong. Neco and Ruby story is addictive, angsty, fast-paced read. Broken Rebel has everything i love in books: amazing alpha hero, likable heroine great story plot and great writing. Both Ruby and Neco are complex characters but they fit together so good like they were meant for each other. I loved to see Ruby independency grow and to see how she becomes very strong women, both Neco and Ruby h
Debra Taylor
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Broken Rebel is the second book in the addictive Lawless Kings Series from Sherilee Grey. This author grabbed my attention with Shattered King, book one, and has now cinched herself a fangirl with Broken Rebel.

Broken Rebel is Neco and Ruby's story and, oh my, what an emotional journey this book turned out to be. These two beautiful hearts had a tight bond from way back when they were kids growing up in much the same sad situations. So have a few tissues needed because you just may need them. Ne
Heather 123
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, I really did but I found the characters incredibly immature. They acted like they were still in high school with the constantly I love you, I hate you back and fourth. They didn't know how to communicate with anyone (not just each other) and they put lives in danger because of their selfishness.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Resilient (True Brothers MC, #3)
  • Loving Justice: El Camino Real
  • Dare to Love Two (Bell Buckle #1)
  • Under a Wild Sky (Wild, #1)
  • Lock, Stock & Jingle Bells (A Hamilton Christmas Novella)
  • Until We're More
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • Underestimated Box Set (Underestimated, #1-3)
  • The Backup Plan
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife (The Desert Princes #2)
  • Whisper
  • The Marriage Deal
  • Once Upon a Friendship (The Historic Arapahoe #1)
  • Menjalani Pernikahan [To Make a Marriage]
  • Temptation and Treachery
  • Jester (No Prisoners MC, #2)
  • The Best Man
  • Rebel in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #4)
Sherilee Gray is a kiwi girl and lives in beautiful New Zealand with her husband and their two children. When she isn't writing sexy, edgy contemporary and paranormal romance, searching for her next alpha hero on Pinterest, or fueling her voracious book addiction, she can be found dreaming of far off places with a mug of tea in one hand and a bar of Cadburys Rocky Road chocolate in the other.

Sign

Lawless Kings (5 books)
  • Shattered King (Lawless Kings, #1)
  • Beautiful Killer (Lawless Kings, #3)
  • Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • Merciless King (Lawless Kings, #5)