Start by marking “According to Audrey” as Want to Read:
According to Audrey

According to Audrey

Cautious and introverted, seventeen-year-old Dove spends most of her free time pursuing her one true passion: painting. The twinkling lights of Balboa Island, the ferryboat to the peninsula, the fire pits on Big Corona Beach…these have long been the subjects of her canvases as she daydreams about finding an Audrey Hepburn-film kind of romance.

A hotshot jock is exactly not
ebook
Published May 4th 2018 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about According to Audrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about According to Audrey

Elliot A
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I received this ARC from Red Coat Publishing and the author in exchange for an honest review.
That was quite the trip down memory lane with respect to my first high school love. A lot of different emotions were running through me as I made my way through this story and I was truly invested in Dove’s journey.
Although at times the protagonist came across as overly emotional and analytical with a big splash of teenage hormones, it was interesting to read her narration as she dealt with love, school,
Melanie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Would Audrey Do? The theme, that titles this book follows a teenager who adores Audrey Hepburn, and let's be honest here if a teenager is looking for guidance, I am totally on board with this train of thought! A slightly different take on many of the YA contemporary out there I really enjoyed the journey, and without giving spoilers, the end! Perfect for a beach read, or an on the couch on a rainy day read!

Definitely recommended! 5 stars from me!

V""V
Janelle Hackbarth
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
What first drew me to this story was the city, which I don't live in but am familiar with. Teen romances are the kind of genre I enjoy.

This story is filled with romance, questionable first love, beautiful scenery and artwork, and surprises. It's a great beach read for fans of teen romances.
Teenreadsdotcom
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dove is a shy California teenager who plans to spend her summer building her portfolio so that she can be accepted into a prestigious art school. However, when her middle school crush, Leo Donovan, comes back to town, things will soon change. Dove is swept away in a whirlwind romance with Leo, and becomes distracted from pursuing her dream of being an artist. As Dove’s relationship with Leo progresses, she must decide which is more important to her: being with Leo or going to an excellent art sc ...more
Jaime
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I wasn’t a huge fan of this book. The story line was fine and I think it could have been a cute YA book, but there wasn’t any character development. The only character we remotely get to know is Dove which is surprising given that the book centers around her relationship with Leo. I have no idea how their relationship came to be or where their attraction for each other comes from, much less their “love.” Everything just... happens.

There were so many missed opportunities to develop their relatio
Marla McKeown
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this young adult book! It is a fun and easy read, with great development of characters. The focus is on a forbidden romance between high school seniors, with all it's angst, trials and temptations. The main character loves Audrey Hepburn and her movies for reasons you will discover in the book. The author does a good job of making you love and hate her love interest throughout the story.
There are some fun twists to the plot, I loved the ending, and I especially enjo
Heather Lovelace
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a cute and clever book. A well written YA story that doesn’t dumb down or speak down to its audience. Dove is a lovable, relatable character with an obsession for Audrey Hepburn - good taste!! Just a wonderful reminder to follow your dreams and passions, that life is bigger than the drama and hurts as face. Just a very well written book.
Rosie
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh to be 17 again! This gem of a book transported me back to the magic of first love, and all it's bitter-sweet intensity. A wonderful read for anyone, not just teen girls. Prepare to be charmed by a refreshingly grounded heroine and a Shakespearean quoting Brit! Loved it.
Anita
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
My love for all things Audrey drove me to read this book. Because of her, I give this book a 3.75 star rating.mover all the book was a bit too back and forth for me. There were a few unanswered questions but I was over all pleased with the ending.
Cathy Higgins
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Geraldine Coons
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read with a fun plot, well-developed characters, and a cinematic setting - like an Audrey Hepburn film!
John Shannon
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
privileged, empty teens go through some run of the mill heartache
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult-fun
This is a sweet coming of age romance and a throwback to one’s high school days when teenage emotions and endless energy dictated all of our choices. The story follows Dove, a high school senior, on her journey as she attempts to balance her realistic life choices with the notion of a happily-ever-after Hollywood-type romance.

In the beginning, Dove is in her own little idyllic artistic bubble acutely focused on developing herself as an artist, with dreams of attending an art school in Paris. Ev
Hollypdelaneygmail.com
Jul 15, 2018
Michelle
Jul 31, 2018
Jacqueline Horwitz hurwitz
rated it did not like it
Oct 10, 2018
Chloe
Jaci
Merissa Childress
Apr 02, 2018
Happy LaShelle is a writer, mom of three, and wife to a Basque baker who brings home loaves of crusty sourdough everyday. She lives near the mission bells in sunny Santa Barbara, but loves the rainy banks of London's Thames River just as much as the sandy shores of her Newport Beach hometown. She studied History at UCLA and has a passion for Shakespeare plays, period films, and iced mocha lattes. ...more