Start by marking “Six Little Secrets” as Want to Read:

Nazanin
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2017, thriller
3.75 Stars

Zoe, Cece, Quentin, Jackie, Teddy and Holly are classmates. On one Saturday, they’re all gathered for their detentions for what each of them did (or did not)! Their task is to create the chain from the promises (a project of their Student Council to pledge no to drink). When they were working on their tasks, they hear a voice said from the intercom:

"The six of you were selected to be here today because you are all hiding something. A secret. One that eats you up inside each day. I’m he
Carrie
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Some secrets can never stay hidden for long…

But someone is watching. Someone has made sure that they are all in the same room at the same time. Someone knows that each of them is hiding a terrible secret…

…and by the end of detention, everyone will know the truth.

Who could read the synopsis on this one and not immediately think that this would be an ominous take on the iconic John Hughe
Gill
Oct 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I thought the description of this book sounded familiar when I first read it and then I realised it is basically the exact same plot as One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Only that book does it a lot better in my opinion.
The story is so cliched and predictable that verges on annoying. I guessed who the manipulator (or whatever you want to call them) was within the first few moments of dialogue between them all, so there weren't any surprises for me. The big reveal just made me roll my eyes
Melanie (mells_view)
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
If Pretty Little Liars and The Breakfast Club had a baby, then you would have Six Little Secrets.

Six students who fit YA and high school fiction stereotypes to a t, are forced together in detention one Saturday. Even though none of them realize it they are all connected. What starts off as a busy work task of stapling “alcohol free” promise chains, turns into so much more. When someone starts to mess with them by doling out less than delightful tasks meant to punish them and expose their deepest
Amber (Books of Amber)
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Six Little Secrets started off interesting. The first couple of chapters were decent when it came to setting up the book and intriguing me, but after that it all fell apart. I felt like the novella was too short (I realise there's a reason it's called a NOVELLA, but whatever) for this kind of story. There wasn't enough time to set up each of the characters, and I really didn't care about any of them. When the reveal came, I wasn't shocked, because I didn't really care.

I was pretty bored after th
Taylor
UPDATED REVIEW:

Thank you so much to HQ Digital for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Six seemingly random teens are gathered in their high school library for a Saturday detention. Mere minutes after being left alone with their task for the day an ominous voice comes over the speaker system to announce that their detention wasn't as arbitrary as it seemed:

Lauren
Oct 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Note: I received an ARC copy of this via Netgalley. This in no way influences my opinion.

I stumbled across this book whilst looking through titles on Netgalley. The cover and blurb immediately drew me in and I had to know what was going to happen. Unfortunately, I was hugely disappointed with this book and I found it relatively predictable.

The biggest issue within this book for me was the characters. They are completely superficial and there is no depth created – we see short snippets of the cha
Katie
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Six Little Secrets is a novella that I devoured in a few short hours. I enjoyed it but I felt it was a bit too quick - the ending felt a bit rushed but overall I thought it was a good read.

Six students are having Saturday detention but it seems they're not there by chance. Someone has gathered them there for one reason - to wreck havoc on their lives. They must bond together to figure out what's going on and find out who is after them.

It's a YA book which I only sometimes read so it was nice t
Paula  Phillips
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Remember the 80's movie The Breakfast Club? Of course, you do, it's a teen classic. Well lately, it seems that a common theme amongst new YA novels is The Breakfast Club with a Mystery spin. I have read three books so far with this theme. Six Little Secrets was the second one. In this book, it is Saturday Detention time, and six teens each from a different clique are all in today's session. During the detention, something dark happens and turns out the six are there for a reason, they all are hi ...more
Manon the Malicious
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Six Little Secrets is about six teenagers during detention after having been framed into being there. They’re trapped by an anonymous voice claiming to know each of their secret and that if they don’t comply to their give, missions, the secrets will be revealed.

I mostly enjoyed this book. The intrigued was pretty good even though it felt like I had already read similar books before.
The characters were pretty clichéd but I could
Kelly (purplebookstand)
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Six Little Secrets

I recently read Duncan’s book As You Lay Sleeping and really enjoyed it, so jumped at the chance to read this book!

Six Little Secrets reads like a teen horror type movie, I just felt it lacked a certain ‘je ne sais pas’ that I really can’t explain. This makes me sad as I wanted to love it, not just like it! Six teens are in detention together one Saturday morning; but it transpires they’re not there by chance. They find themselves embroiled in a sick game intent on ruining thei
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of SIX LITTLE SECRETS by Katlyn Duncan in exchange for my honest review.***

GRADE: B-
3.5 STARS

Take The Breakfast Club. Add in six secrets. Sprinkle with blackmail and you’ve got SIX LITTLE SECRETS. Two boys and four girls land in detention for various misdeeds. Make that three girls, Zoe is present voluntarily to avoid her home. Each is given a task to complete by a certain time, if not the consequences is secret disclosure.

I finished SIX
Elizabeth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-read

My thoughts
3.5
The Breakfast club all over again but with a twist to it, and that's all I have to say about , each of the six
teleri llinos
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maria
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Synopsis (from Goodreads):

…and by the end of detention, everyone will know the truth.

This book is a quick, easy and fun read. You could easily sit down and read it all in one go. However, I did have some issues with the plot an
Mara
Oct 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Obviously a takeoff on One of Us Is Lying, but nowhere near as good.
Sherri Lewis
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** I received an advanced copy from Net Galley in exchange for my honest review

A cheerleader, a troublemaker, a fashionista wannabe, a guy who is seemingly perfect, the new girl.......this sounds like it could be the beginning of a joke, or maybe an 80's John Hughes movie. Instead, this eclectic group is all taking detention together on Saturday morning. What starts as a morning filled with barbed insults and snappy retorts turns into a game of revenge where everyone loses and someone unknown i
Sue Wallace
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Six little secrets by katlyn duncan.

…and by the end of detention, everyone will know the truth.
This was a really good read. A twister of a read. What a rollercoaster. Didn't see that coming. 4*. Netgalley and hq digital.
Angela
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book was refreshing to read. It was about a boy .And the 6 little persons who was into detention had to follow the red of paper which had instructions on . The teacher who gave them the detention was a Mr Curtis . I thank Helen Boyce for allowing me to read it .
Sue Holmes
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
* Review copy received from publisher
This is not the first book published this year with the same plot. A collection of stereotypical students in detention and the revealing of their secrets. I have just recently read One of Us is Lying so I found the storyline unoriginal and predictable.
Lindsay
Nov 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs
You know how you’re watching a SyFy “horror” movie and the dialogue is random, the characters are ridiculous, and the plot is beyond terrible that it’s foolish? That’s this novella. I didn’t know this was a novella until I saw how short it was on my kindle so that mistake was on me. As for the rest of it, it was just so ludicrous that I easily could have passed on it, but I didn’t because it was so short and irrational to not finish.

Six students from different cliques are all attending Saturday
Katherine Paschal
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zoe​ enjoys her Saturday mornings in detention, not that she actually has detention, but it gives her a chance to escape her home situation. But this Saturday is unlike all the rest because she is not alone- instead there are five other teens present, the most random assortment of people. Instead of chance though, the group was brought together for a specific purpose- to be set free, even if they don't want to be. And some may not make it out of detention.

I love the idea of Breakfas
Elisa
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
REVIEW: SIX LITTLE SECRETS
TUESDAY, 30 JANUARY 2018
*This book was sent to me through Netgalley*

Title: Six Little Secrets
Author: Katlyn Duncan
Publisher: HQ Digital

My rating:

Some secrets can never stay hidden for long…

Six teenagers meet in Saturday detention: a brain, a beauty, a cheerleader, a rebel, a recluse and the new girl. But someone is watching. Someone has made sure that they are all in the same room at the same time.

Someone knows that each of them is hiding a terrible secret… …and by the
The Glass House Online Magazine
A fabulous novella that ended a little too soon.

I have to admit that YA is not generally a genre I would pick up by choice, but when I saw the blurb for this book, my interest was piqued. It seems over the last few years, that YA books are not only exposing the true life ordeals that young people face these days (think 13 Reasons Why) but are also illuminating issues that parents should be aware of when raising children in today's social media dominated world.

Zoe, Cece, Quentin, Jackie, Teddy
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Six very different students end up in Saturday detention together. Zoe, a loner and social outsider. Teddy, a smart kid on his way to becoming class valedictorian. Jackie, head cheerleader and gossip queen. Q troublemaker and bad boy. CeCe a spoilt rich girl.
They are trapped in a library and forcing them to complete tasks, each one getting more and more dangerous. Everyone of them has a secret and somebody is hell bent on exposing them.

I devoured this novella in a day, I just couldn’t put it dow
Louisa
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic story with a great mystery! They got focused on thinking that it was the who, but it was the why. Great read!
Britt
I received an ARC copy of Six Little Secrets from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Okay, so...I'm not quite sure what I just read. I guess I'll start this review off by saying that I really, really hope the copy I received was just a draft and not the final product because there were several spelling and grammar issues. The biggest and by far the most frequent was that words were often split down the middle (li ke th is)—I tried counting, but quickly lost track. The manuscript was also
Keith Chawgo
Duncan’s Six Little Secrets is a young adult fiction that has a John Hughes Breakfast Club feeling with a dark edge. Told in the third person, the characters are well drawn and the plot is very engaging. Each of the seven main characters all play to prototypes which include the class clown, prom queen, fashionista, geek, etc . As each character becomes part of a dangerous game concerning the dark deed that they may or may not be part of, things take a drastic turn.

Duncan’s plot is captivating an
Jesse Nicholas
SIX LITTLE SECRETS by Katlyn Duncan was a fast paced high school thriller. Six kids get tricked into detention where they are stalked and forced to play a game they never wanted to. If they passed their secrets stayed safe, but if they failed their pasts will come to haunt them.

I really liked how quick it was, although it was what I found lacking too. All the characters were very unique and their pasts were all equally as troubling. Duncan did a good job with the characterizations.

The whole plot
Sabrina
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
6 kids in detention, with nothing in common except that they each have a secret. Even the main character is keeping something from us.
This is quite a short book so everything happens quickly, but this keeps it fast paced and interesting. I have read other books with a similar premise though there are a few surprises.
Not quite as deadly as it says on the cover.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pretty Dead Girls
  • Kin
  • Halloween: The Official Movie Novelization
  • A Midsummer Night's Scream
  • Lies You Never Told Me
  • Fragments of the Lost
  • Croc's Return (Bitten Point, #1)
  • The Baby Arrangement (Winston Brothers #1)
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • Mother
  • Sorry Not Sorry
  • The Letter
  • Bad Girls with Perfect Faces
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Stories We Never Told
  • Perfect Obsession
  • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
Coming from a small town in Western Mass, Katlyn Duncan always had her head in the clouds. Working as a scientist for most of her adult life, she enjoyed breaking down the hows and whys of life.

As a full-time author and freelance writer, she’s published eight novels in four years. If she’s not writing, she’s obsessing over many (many) television series’.

She currently resides in Southern New Engla