Start by marking “Alicia a través del espejo” as Want to Read:
Alicia a través del espejo

Read Book* *Different edition

Alicia a través del espejo

(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  85,988 ratings  ·  2,567 reviews
Esta edición presenta la versión íntegra de la segunda parte del clásico de Lewis Carroll donde se narran las aventuras de Alicia y otros extraños personajes en el mundo mágico de la Casa del Espejo, interpretados por el lápiz magistral, imaginativo y colorista del ilustrador francés Benjamin Lacombe.

Además, incluye una sección final con algunos de los cuentos matemáticos
Published 2017 by Edelvives (first published 1871)

·  85,988 ratings  ·  2,567 reviews

Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
*Reread July 2017*
Reread for booktube-a-thon 2017! Do I really have to tell you I loved it? I think you should know that by now!
Manny
TrumptyDumpty

"But are you really pro-life?" asked Alice. "Because you know, I've heard pro-life people talk before, and they sound quite different."

"When I use a word," Trumpty Drumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Trumpty Drumpty, "which is to be master — that's all."

Alice was too puzzled to reply to this, so she thought she ha
Luffy
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads having eaten my first review of this book, I need to hastily rewrite another. Basically Alice in Wonderland is the superior book, but not by much. Book 2 is proof that Lewis Carroll can make lightning strike twice.

In book 2, Alice finds herself through her mirror, and interacts with the kingly chess pieces. She goes out into the garden, not easily due to navigational problems. No wonder everything she achieves in that place is seen as a victory.

The characters in book 2 are not as memor
Henry Avila
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice at the ripe old age of seven and a half is still bored , as she plays with her adorable black and white kittens, yet she needs something better, again ignored by her older sister...wants more stimulation, excitement, yes adventures, so decides to go through a looking -glass and escape the tedium of everyday life of Victorian England...She will not be disappointed, in reality probably much too much for Alice's childish taste . The girl sees a magnificent garden and a twisting road leading t ...more
Bangadybangz
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love children's stories, you will love Through the Looking Glass.
If you love magic, you will love Through the Looking Glass.
If you love words, you will love Through the Looking Glass.
I love Through the Looking Glass.
J.G. Keely
I think that the failure not only of Children's Literature as a whole, but of our very concept of children and the child's mind is that we think it a crime to challenge and confront that mind. Children are first protected from their culture--kept remote and safe--and then they are thrust incongruously into a world that they have been told is unsafe and unsavory; and we expected them not to blanch.

It has been my policy that the best literature for children is not a trifling thing, not a simplific
J.L.   Sutton
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland and plunged Through the Looking Glass. At first, while it was enjoyable, not much seemed new about Alice’s continued adventures. However, Carroll’s inventive, evocative and fun use of language takes over and turns this into a different kind of adventure. Even if you haven’t read this one before (I count myself in this number), you should find that you’re familiar with the basic elements of the story (Alice’s adventures through a landscape drawn up as ...more
Foad
آلیس گفت: "توی سرزمین ما، اگه یه مدت طولانی با سرعت بدوی، میرسى به یه جای دیگه."
ملکه قرمز گفت: "چه سرزمین کوچیکی! اینجا باید با تمام سرعت بدوی تا بتونی همونجا که هستی بمونی."
Ahmed  Ejaz
Life, what is it but a dream?

I had guessed that this story would also take place in dream. And surprisingly I was right..yay!

Just like Alice In The Wonderland, I couldn't connect with this book also. Writing was dull. Just like the last book.
But this book did make an improvement in adventures. Those were faaar better than Alice in the Wonderland.
I liked the concept of Chess game. I liked the World of Looking-Glass. But I think Wonderland was little better. This was also great. Don't kn
Manny
For the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament, The Annotated Alice (6) versus 1984 (22)

- Good morning, Mr... Dumpty, I believe it was?

- Correct. Humpty Dumpty at your service.

- Well, we hope you soon will be. I must admit, we don't normally like to employ egghead intellectuals... no offence intended...

- None taken.

- ... but you are so extremely well qualified to take over as editor of the Newspeak Dictionary that, ah, we thought we'd make an exception.

The rest of this review is available elsew
Liz* Fashionably Late
“In a wonderland they lie,
dreaming as the days go by”

Six Impossible Things:
1. I finish college this year
2. I find a guy who is both strong and loyal as Dimitri (VA) and handsome as Reyes (Charley Davidson), delicious as Barrons (Fever) and swoon worthy as Jamie (Outlander)
3. I eat all the ice cream I want and it all goes to my boobs
4. I read for a living.
5. I go to the gym
6. I don't fall sleep in the most unusual places (e.g. waiting in the line for the bathroom)
AMEERA
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
absolutely loved it
Irena
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the strangest dream.
I dreamed I found myself in Wonderland, went there trough the looking glass, but while I was there, I couldn't remember what Wonderland looked like.

After I woke up, I decided it was the best time for me to finally read this book and find my answers.

When I was growing up, I liked watching Trough the Looking Glass animated movie better then Alice in Wonderland, even if it wasn't Disney's.

Now when I was reading it, some pictures from that movie came to my mind, I was remin
Nandakishore Varma
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classic
Alice in Wonderland was almost an institution at our house - but nobody knew about this book. I was tantalised for years by references to it in various other books, and finally succeeded in locating it in a local bookstore.

The looking-glass world is, IMO, weirder than the one underground and decidedly creepier (the Jabberwock and those two blackguards, the Walrus and the Carpenter). Also, it contains two of my favourite poems. In fact, Jabberwocky might be the finest nonsense poem ever written i
Eric Boot
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
---4.5 stars--- Amazing classics :) Alice is one of the greatest characters ever invented!
Sara Jesus
É sempre bom voltar aos personagens da nossa infância. Não me recordo se li a continuação das aventuras de Alice. Apenas me lembro de ler "Alice no país das maravilhas". Nunca foi a minha história preferida. Algo não me agradava em Alice...

Mas há certas personagens dessa história que permanecem no meu imaginário até hoje. Como é o caso de a Rainha de Copas, o Chapeleiro Louco, o coelho e o Will Scarlet.

Quanto a continuação do livro da minha infância não me agradou tanto como o primeiro. O que g
David Sarkies
Playing Chess
4 June 2013

Hot on the tails of the rabid success of Alice in Wonderland comes the similar, but somewhat different, sequel. The absurdity of this volume is of the same scope as the original, but in many cases, being a sequel, it seems to lack some of the uniqueness of the original. One thing I noticed with regards to the original is that there simply did not seem to be any plot. Thus, the absurdity of the entire volume was complete. There was no reason for Alice to be there, and no
Brian
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 Stars

I read this with the high expectations I developed reading the first book. As a standalone read, the book shows high quality. However (only my opinion here of course) when I compare this with the first I feel some disappointment. The book is funny, with an overwhelming amount of wordplay and word riddles/ puzzles. Also, the ideas captivate the imagination: a melting looking glass, going to the other side, a land set as a chessboard, everything going backwards so you think of memories a
leynes
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating #1 from August 2015: 3 stars
Rating #2 from March 2018: 4 stars

It's kind of funny how I didn't enjoy Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as much the second time around but my opinion of Through the Looking Glass improved. What a mad world. ;)

Personally, I clicked with Looking Glass more because it's more logical and not as nonsensical as the first installment. Set some six months later than the earlier book, Alice again enters a fantastical world, this time by climbing through a mirror into
Daniel
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

Moram da priznam da sam dosta razocaran sa ovim nastavkom. Sa jedne strane situacije koje imamo su odlicne, likovi koje srecemo raznovrsni i vredni pamcenja (Hampti Dumpti :) ) i sama igra reci je vrhunska ali narativna nit koja ih sve povezuje je daleko slabija. Sjedne strane daleko vise lici na san ali meni licno je sve bilo nabacano zbrda zdola i ponekad sam se naterao da nastavim dalje ali bih se onda odusevio sa novim situacijama i tako u kreug.

Vredno citanja sa predivnim crtezima ali
Nikki
Oct 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope, nope, nope, don't like it, can't like it, don't want to like it.

Well, actually, probably if I had a really good annotated edition and an in-depth class on it, I could learn to appreciate it. But Lewis Carroll's nonsense just drives me bonkers, and how I'm going to write my essay on this, I don't know. The books are very well done, considering the idea is that they're Alice's dreams (spoiler!) and they definitely manage dream logic very well, but that's not something I'm interested in readi
Katie Lumsden
Utterly bizarre, but still enjoyable.
RJ
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second installment of Alice's nonsensical adventures is not quite as fun as the first, although we do meet Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Jabberwock and Bandersnatch get a mention, and Humpty Dumpty makes a cameo along with the King's horses and men. Chess is the overriding theme instead of croquet. Feel free to explore the themes to your heart's content, or just read it for entertainment.
Aribowo Sangkoyo
It colorfully details the sham that is organized religion. The Walrus - with his girth and good-nature - obviously refers to either the Buddha, or - with his tusks - the lovable Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. This takes care of the Eastern religions. The Carpenter is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was purportedly raised the son of a carpenter. He represents the Western religions. And in the poem. what do they do? They dupe all the oysters into followmg them. Then. when the oysters ...more
Anna
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy things take place in wonderland, where Alice takes a second visit through the looking glass. Imagination on the other side stands still, things happen with no reason (or they are reasonable in their own way!!). I think Wonderland has inspired many other works of art and it is lovely to take another visit. This edition is also illustrated (in grayscale).
Alexxy
'And when I found the door was shut,
I tried to turn the handle, but-'

There was a long pause.
'Is that all?' Alice timidly asked.
'That's all', said Humpty Dumpty. 'Goodbye.'
booklady
Although I don’t remember reading Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, I must have as so much of it was familiar. At first, it seemed a poor imitation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a typical sequel—trying to recapture the spirit of the original without success. Gradually I realized Carroll was after something else.

This isn’t Wonderland. This is ‘Looking-Glass’; Alice already achieved competence in ‘getting through’ or ‘getting on’ in effective decision-making last book.
Liam
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i'm sorry but me and these books just don't get along ??
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Oh dear, I disliked this one even more than the first one. It was just as nonsensical, but even more so if that was possible. Unlike the first book this one was harder for me to follow, and because of that I got bored in some places and it was pretty hard for me to work my way through this book as short as it is.

I loved the poetry though. I have to say, even if I am not one for Lewis Carroll’s stories, I definitely love his poetry. There were poems scattered throughout this story all the way and
Laurence R.
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Alice so, so, so much!
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  • Ozma of Oz (Oz, #3)
  • The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • Anna Karenina
  • The Yale Shakespeare Complete Works
  • The Grey Fairy Book
  • Charlotte Sometimes (Aviary Hall, #3)
  • The Water Babies
  • The Box of Delights
  • Jennings and Darbishire
  • The Arabian Nights
  • The Wonderful O
The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by the pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican clergyman and photographer.

His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems "The Hunting of the Snark" and "Jabberwocky", all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.

Oxfo

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (2 books)
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1)
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
882 likes
“Speak in French when you can’t think of the English for a thing--
turn your toes out when you walk---
And remember who you are!”
373 likes