Start by marking “Reckless Heart” as Want to Read:
Reckless Heart

Reckless Heart

(Reckless #4)

After being cast out of the family home for being gay, Milo Santiago considers himself lucky to have a soft place to land. However, crashing with his older brother isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Desperate for an escape from reality, he turns to casual hookups to take his mind off his troubles.

He isn’t prepared for enigmatic businessman, Campbell Brooks or the explosive
Published September 6th 2017 (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Heart

Daisiemae
When Milo Santiago was truthful about his homosexuality to his family and friends, his entire world was turned upside down. Not only has his parents practically disowned him; his friends from his hometown have turned their backs on him too. Since Milo is only eighteen, he’s trying to save some money so he can attend college and have the independent life that he craves. He’s working full shifts as a waiter, and living with his older brother, Dante.

One afternoon, Milo spots an older, handsome man
Dina
This was the 4th (and last) book in the Reckless series and I was glad to to see things ending in a high note, after being somewhat disappointed with the previous book.

When I started reading this book, I was kind of wary of Milo's age - he's only 18 - but he won me over with his unexpected maturity. Sure, he had some few whiny moments, but they fit the story and didn't annoy me. In fact, I felt his insecurity as if it was my own.

Cam was a little harder to understand at first, as
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Milo and Cam Sweet Romance Lovely read !!
Milo living with his brother and partner is young and full of lust. When he discovers a beautiful man sitting at a table in the bar where he works, he knows he's going to ask him for a hookup together. When Cam listen to what Milo is offering he dismissed him and is gone.
They meet again under different circumstances and they have a great evening at Cam's hotel room. When Cam is in the shower Milo put on his clothes and is gone.
But guess what.
Ryan
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Reckless series has been one of my favorites in the gay romance genre so far. I liked the intensity between characters and the obvious affection all of the past characters had for each other.
Mary
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Betryal
May 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man's ego can be his evil downfall is the saying which comes to my mind on this story. I'm glad I chose this one to read and at the most opportune moment. A light love story without the abundance of sex scenes that tend to clusterfawk a story into oblivion with no turning back. It was simple, easy to follow and well put. No confusion added.

Boy meets man.
Boy gets rebuffed.
Boy takes a chance.
Boy wins what he most desires in the end. The man.

Great write by Amanda.
Marcella
What can I say about Milo? I thought he was going to be young and naive, especially considering he is 18 years old and just came out as being gay.

Well surprise surprise, Milo is not some naive teenager. He knows what he wants and goes for it. He may be young when it comes to some things, but when it comes to relationships, he knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it.

He meets Cam at the restaurant he works at, Pearl. Milo makes a move on Cam and gets shot down.
Bárbara
*Review of an ARC provided by the author*

I enjoyed this.

It was a tiny bit rushed at times- or at least it felt like that to me, in the emotions department-: true, it may have seemed like it because it was short; but I still liked it.

I could connect faster with Milo (which may have been due to the fact that he's the main pov), but once I got to know Cam a bit better, he won me over- slowly, but surely- as well.

There was just something about their connection that made me
Jenn (not Lily)
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
Not bad. Not great either, but I liked it better than the last one in the series.
Ebook Addict Reviews
This is the fourth book in Amanda Young’s Reckless series and I’m here to say that it’s the perfect story with which to end the series. At least I’m assuming it’s the end with that epilogue.

Have I mentioned that I love epilogues? Well I do, I really do! And this one ties everything up beautifully. But if you want to know what it’s about then you’re definitely going to have to get your own copy ‘cause my lips are sealed!

Milo is a relatively new character; he’s Dante’s brot
Elisa Rolle
Like all the other books in the series, Reckless Heart plays a bit with the twink theme, i.e. a slightly older man who fall in love with a barely legal boy.

Milo is Dante’s little brother, one of the above older men, and when it’s time for his brother to fall in love for a man, Dante readily forget that he himself is involved with a 19 years old boy, when he is well over 30. Actually Cam, the man Milo falls in love with, is “only” 26 years old, so the age gap is not much, more than the differenc
Table4Five
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is all about fighting for what you want. And Milo definatly isn't going to give up on what he wants. Cam so isn't interested in the snot nose little brat. But what he isn't aware of, is that what is meant to be WILL be. And Milo will make sure of it. This the last book in the series and it was closed out nicely. Sad to see the characters go as they do grow on you. If you enjoyed the first three, then I recommend this one. Happy Reading!
Amneris Cesare
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second reading for this book, which is the one I love the most of the 4 of this series. Loved Milo.
Cassandra
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After rereading: from 5 stars to 4 stars.
TT Kove
Great ending to an awesome series!
Arzu
3,5 stars
Lauren
2.75 stars - I'm a little on the fence with this one because I did enjoy parts of Reckless Heart, and felt like it was a well written story, but I didn't really feel the spark of chemistry between the two main characters. Perhaps it was just me, but I couldn't connect with them. Milo was a bit easier to connect with, but still the chemistry I was looking for was missing and Cam was hard to understand. He rejects Milo quite harshly at first and is distant, and then they get together so quickly an ...more
blub

Milo Santiago is eighteen year old trying to make enough money to go to college and build a life for himself after he is thrown out by his parents for being gay. He's staying with his brother, Dante (see book 1 in series). When a gorgeous guy (Campbell Brooks) walks into the restaurant he works in, Milo can't help but to approach the guy only to be quickly shot down. Campbell isn't really the emotional or committment type. The two eventually come to a understanding and start up a rela
Tanja
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Reckless series continues with the story of Milo and Cam. Milo is Dante’s little brother who is kicked out of the house after coming out as a gay, just like Dante was. He meets Cam and they have a hot night together, never expecting to see each other again. But fate intervenes when they meet again at Beau and Adam’s wedding.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first books in the series but for me, this book was not the best in the series.
All the elements are there: good writing, great plot and in
Zane Kage
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4
I am so happy to say I really enjoyed the finale to this series. I was a bit nervous because though I do love a good May-December read, I'm kind of picky about them. I worried for nothing. I loved Cam. I'm a sucker for the nice-but-broken-guy-that-needs-love, and he fit that bill to a T. I liked Milo. He wasn't overly young but not too mature for his age either. Once they moved past their awkward first meeting and their sexy first hookup, I loved their sexy connection and the ease they seemed to ...more
Diane
I received an ARC from the author through the instafreebie program.

I've read the first two books in the series so it was only natural to accept this book in return for a review. Milo and Cam are sweet characters who have bad experiences with parents accepting them for who they are. Milo is now working at a restaurant saving up for college and living with his brother. They meet when Cam is in his old home town on the anniversary of his mother's death and in order to attend a wedding.<
Kerry
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed this series so far and have found the journey's to HEA's enjoyable to read and this one for Milo and Cam is no exception. Both are suffering being hurt by their families for their sexual preferences and Cam is trying to ensure that distance between his heart and desires remains but Milo sneaks his way in. Physical distance is what mainly keeps them apart but Amanda ensures that Milo and his 'older man' Cam have their HEA in a way that both deserve.

I hope we see more as
Denise GremoryKohta
This was exactly what I was looking for. A beautiful sweet romance with a little angst and drama thrown in. Cam and Milo are a great couple. I liked how the author worked the back story in throughout the book rather than all at once. The epilogue was by far my favorite part. Not only do you get to see how Cam and Milo are doing but we also got to see how Beau and Adam and Dante and Cody are doing. I love Amanda Young's work and look forward to what she does next. I was given the privilege and op ...more
Esther Alayeto
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I really love this book and author. Great storyline that is brilliantly written and developed. It captivated me right from the beginning and I could not put it down. Milo and Cam are wonderful characters with off the charts chemistry and passion. I love watching them progress throughout the book. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
avid reader 1
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good, quick read. The romance moved along at a steady pace once they got past their initial wariness. Cam and Milo are likable characters and the story has a good flow. The passion is strong and the spicy scenes are well done.
There is some angst between Milo and his brother but with the age difference I wouldn't expect any less.
I like this author and will read more from her.
Pat
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written storyline that pulled me right in from the start and the detailed characters kept me totally hooked until the end! I absolutely loved Milo and Cam together, I felt that they were so good for each other!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
kathleen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Reckless Series has been a favorite read of mine. I've been looking foward to Milo's story and wasn't disappointed.

Cam and Milo are a great couple. This is a sweet romance. I loved the epilogue!
Coral Mitchell
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
May/December. Milo and Cam are very different but connected by their attraction for one another. Both have issues with their parents that have caused trust issues. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Kevin
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty simple story about a young guy and a slightly older one. They live in different cities but work it out. Not much to this story.
Typo: a sensor doesn't filter words; that's a censor.
mah1
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites
Yay! I'm one of those maniacs who fills their wish lists with books and then every few months or so buys half of them without even remembering what those books are about. Then they get shoved on my TBR pile and randomly pickded up. Most of the books I've bought are simply bad.

So, when I picked up this one, read it through and loved it, I was nearly squealing because I was so happy. The MCs were great and pretty well fleshed out, even though the story was an unashamed boy meets boy.

Whatäs more,

• The Best Gift (The Best Gift #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Letting In the Light
  • Velvet Glove: Volume II
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Left of Centre
  • Heaven Sent 2 (Heaven Sent, #3 & #4)
  • Bound to Him (Bound, #2)
  • Fallon's Jewel
  • And a Smile - Season One (Roughstock, #2)
A bestselling author of erotic romance, Amanda Young penned her first romance at eighteen. That novel was promptly deleted before it could traumatize innocent readers. After several years of honing her craft, Amanda went on to receive her first publishing contract in 2006.

A vivid imagination and a passion for all the things that go bump in the night has led Amanda to create provocative

Reckless (4 books)
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Reckless Behavior (Reckless, #2)
  • Reckless Passion (Reckless, #3)