Start by marking “Off Limits (Off Limits #2)” as Want to Read:
Off Limits (Off Limits #2)

Off Limits

(Off Limits #2)

“I want to taste you tonight.”

With chemistry this hot, it’s worth getting burned…

Billionaire Jack Grant is totally off-limits to Gemma Picton. He’s wild, deliciously dangerous… and her boss. When working late turns X-rated, it’s better than her wildest imaginings — and Gemma’s imagined a lot! But Jack has major emotional baggage, so when Gemma starts wanting to heal his h
Published February 1st 2018 by Harlequin Dare

To ask other readers questions about Off Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Limits

Meags
3 Stars

The classic workplace romance trope was used here and it was used well.

Jack Grant is a billionaire philanthropist playboy and Lady Gemma Picton is his right-hand women. They work exceedingly well together and have done so for a good two years.

There has always been a certain spark of chemistry between Jack and Gemma, but both have remained professional for several reasons beyond the whole don’t shit where you eat, no romance in the workplace mentality.

For one, Jack is a widower. To drow
Elisabeth Lane
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, own
It's not you, it's me. Or well, maybe it's also you a little. This book is the worst of what romance has to offer a feminist. A bright, capable, accomplished heroine sexually harrassed by her employer, who she then sleeps with, falls in love with and eventually has an "HEA" with after three glorious weeks of non-stop fucking. Oh, after he finally admits he has his head up his butt because he was mean to his dead wife. Spare me the hero whose mansluttish ways are directly derived from the dead wo ...more
Liina
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

Gemma is Jack's assistant and knows exactly what kind of a man Jack is, when it comes to women. After losing his wife, Jack has been having meaningless affairs with lots of women, but he's also attracted to Gemma. When passion takes over them, Jack starts to open up about his past and their relationship becomes more meaningful. Even though they get closer to each other, Jack's past is still holding him back, but Gemma is not going to let him play with her. Can Jack finally let go of his
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING : 4/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first harlequin dare novel or mills and boon so I'm pretty excited. Once Goodreads or the publisher gets their act together, you'll probably fall in love with the cover as much as I did. I was attracted to the cover as much as the synopsis because hello who doesn't love an office romance involving a super rich boss and his assistant?

OFF LIMITS was definitely a darker toned novel. There were hard
Coco.V
Feb 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/6/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
“I want to taste you tonight.”

With chemistry this hot, it’s worth getting burned…

Billionaire Jack Grant is totally off-limits to Gemma Picton. He’s wild, deliciously dangerous…and her boss. When working late turns X-rated, it’s better than her wildest imaginings—and Gemma’s imagined a lot! But Jack has major emotional baggage, so when Gemma starts wanting to heal his heart as well as enjoy his body, she knows she’s in big trouble…
Fiona Marsden
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bet that five stars is a surprise. But I have a set of rules about reviewing romance and I have to stick to them. This book made me a little weepy at one point. You do that, hardened category romance reader that I am, and you get that extra star. So long as you don't break any of the other rules. Fair warning.

This is a boss and PA romance. Technically. Apparently there is a prequel on the Harlequin site about how Gemma and Jack first meet when she starts working for him. He is dealing with his
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

Oh my, Oh my! I don't even know what to say, but this was one hot read! A forbidden work romance that was sweet, funny, and sexy.

Off Limits is a book about Gemma and Jack. Jack is Gemma’s boss and that’s why there cannot be a sexual relationship between them, even though they both want it. One day Jack’s crossed the line and since that day, they are addicted to each other.

I loved this book but I feel like it was missing something in the build up of their relationship. And
Nadine Bookaholic
I found this story to be a HOT quick read, one that can be done in an afternoon. The story had a lot of substance and the chemistry between Jack and Gemma was great. This really is a great introduction to Harlequin's new DARE line of books.

You can see my full review along with an excerpt and #Giveaway here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Jessica Alcazar
Do you guys remember the movie, Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant? .... Okay so the whole set up of this story reminded me of this move and but a huge smile on my face from the start! They're not identical by any means, but they're similar enough that it immediately put me in a very *happy place* when I began to read!

One thing I can warn you about from the start is Jack ... he's gonna be a hard one to not only like, but to root for. Honestly, he's an asshole lol ... but he has
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the Publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley and Harlequin Dare!

Off Limits is a book about Gemma and Jack. Jack is Gemma’s boss and that’s why there cannot be a sexual relationship between them, even though they both want it. One day Jack’s crossed the line and since that day, they are addicted to each other. But will it last?

When I started reading Off Limits, I didn’t know this book was going to be this sexy. I s
Megan
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
First of all, I have to admit, I haven't read a Mills & Boon book since I was a teen. It's not something I thought I would do again, but I was given a 'limited edition proof' of this book with no cover at a local book signing and, on a spur of the moment, thought why not? It says 'Dare - Our hottest series yet' on the cover and I took that as a challenge. Surely, a M&B book is no way near as hot as the books I tend to read these days. Right??

Oh boy, was I wrong!! Talk about hot!! This se
Meleka Taylor
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly liked this book. I have not been really able to delve into a lot books as I did this one. It kept my interest. This is the story of Gemma Picton and Jack Grant. Jack is Gemma's boss and for 2 years she has been trying not to be attractive to her employer.

They are both attracted to each other but they are trying to adhere to a look-but-don't-touch rule. I wanted these characters together. They made a great match. Gemma and Jack are good counterparts for each other. His sarcasm and her qu
Angie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received the Arc for Off Limits by Clare Connelly and I was not disappointed.
It's my first book by this author and I have nothing but good comments for the novel.
Gemma and Jack's story was scorching and tender, I cried at the end because I just knew how strong Gemma is to make the decision she made, which in the end paid off for both of them.
Jack is this intelligent, sexy than sin billionaire who is broken and damaged after losing his wife to cancer. The sexy billionaire goes through woman
Heather andrews
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jack is a very dominant man, ‘no, you didn’t. Shame… Because if you weren’t wearing underwear I could take you right now. Here against the door. Would you like that, Gemma?’ I loved this book, Jack's personality was one that demanded attention.
Caitlyn Lynch
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gemma Picton has grown up in the lap of luxury, but she's not content to sit on her behind and let the world revolve around her. A brilliant lawyer, she's now the in-house counsel for Jack Grant, billionaire playboy... and grieving widower. For two years, Gemma has kept Jack at a professional distance, but bit by bit, the walls are coming down. What sort of happily-ever-after can there be, though, for a girl who's never dreamed of white picket fences and a man who lost the love of his life?

This
Riki
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely a lot darker than I was expecting, with a lot of heavy themes and heartbreaking angst for the hero. Jack’s backstory is tragic, but it never quite made me root for him. He’s a pretty big jerk for most of the book, an asshole, even, and while I did warm up to him in the last third of the book, I had a hard time with his tortured reasons for being removed.

Gemma is the kind of heroine I love, whip-smart and capable, and I wanted her to get her HEA, despite not being complet
Maritza
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review. This is the story of Jack, a billionaire and Gemma, his assistant. He is a good looking man whose wife died, leaving him a one night stand cliche. That being said I really liked the progression of the story and the writing style. There were a few editing errors which I'm sure will get addressed before the final release. It was a good length with no repetitions of feelings to prolong the story..
Christine
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack is one hot complicated mess of a man. Gemma is one strong sensitive woman. They make for one hell of a strong complicated couple. They have an amazingly strong connection. They both have issues that they need to deal with. Could not wait to see where this story would go. First book I’ve read from this author will read more.
Sabina Alilovic
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good, very hot ;)
Kathy
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Off Limits is the story of Gemma who is attracted to her boss and knowing it is wrong. Jack who lost his wife to cancer turns to women to sooth the mourning and suffering. When Jack turns his attention to Gemma, he is determined to win Gemma. What results is a great book with lots of steamy scenes. While the story makes you wonder at times if Jack will ever find the love that Gemma has to offer or if she will leave him before he does, the author keeps you enthralled as you read each page. Clare ...more
sam
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant, steamy read!
I loved the sexual tension that built between the characters and the H was a brooding, bossy alpha...PERFECT!
Amy
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second Harlequin Dare novel and dare I say, this was hotter than the last one. The story-line is intense and the chemistry is off the charts. From the moment you start reading this book, you are sucked into Jack and Gemma’s story. Jack is wild, hot and off limits since he’s Gemma’s boss. Jack knows he should stay away, but he can’t seem to get Gemma out of his head. And when Gemma seems to want the same things that Jack wants….lets just say, all bets are off.

I loved Jack’s character.
Crystal
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book :)) it was given to me by Bookish First and HarlequinReads! It was a short ebook but i still loved it. It was steamyy and funny n just some romance that i needed in my day. Let me say Jack was very hot lol n i live how Gemma was like nopee im not gnna give any fucks lol even though im dying for him inside❤❤. Also awesome Grandma lol i loved her ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've often wondered if the pain is worth the end result when it comes to falling in love. Gemma's pain is so real, throughout the book she knows that she needs to keep her heart out of what they're doing. But come on, Jack is so hot and sensual. Off Limits, is an awesome work place romance.
April Symes
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely a lot darker than I was expecting. Off Limits by Clare Connelly is the story of Jack Grant and Gemma Picton. Gemma is Jack personal assistant and knows what a playboy Jack has become after the lost of his wife to cancer. Jack comes off as this huge jerk pretty much the whole book and I think the author writes it off as Jack being this way because of his past pain. Jack has been attracted to Gemma and when a time hits that he can no longer hold back his desire he makes hi ...more
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. This was a very interesting read as in I didn’t really know what I was going to get out of it when I first started. It’s pretty much nothing but smut until damn near the end of the book and then the plot kicks in. It was weird.

Only reason I’m not giving this less than 3 is because when the plot does actually gets going, it’s actually pretty decent. I liked the plot and the characters fight for their relationship. It’s a lot deeper than I thought it would be and handles the topic of grie
Laz the Sailor
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: smut, 2018-bw
At first this seems like another billionaire romance, but then we learn that the heroine is also educated and wealthy. There are many reasons that they should not get together, but lust triumphs over sanity. This was a nice variant on the theme.

The first few times these two meet, it's hot and intense, if possibly unrealistic. However, in the second half of the book, there were no descriptive sex scenes (maybe one short one?). She even says "I like it a bit kinky" and the next scene is a fade-to-
Isha Coleman
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The course is set. The lines have been drawn. But rules are made to be broken. He's nursed a broken heart, played the field and fought the flames of attraction. Jack Grant is about to get in touch with his inner alpha and the heat is about to combust. Gemma is a woman who is no shrinking violet. She speaks her mind, follows her own rules and has no time for risks. Her heart is off limits and that is not about to change. Off Limits goes out of bounds and delivers the full frontal when it comes to ...more
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author/Publisher via NetGalley***

The Dare line is short, hot, and full of sex. The stories are definitely driven by sex and that is the focus.

Jack and Gemma are boss and employee. Office romances can be hot, especially when they are slightly forbidden, like this one is. I enjoyed it overall. There is not a lot, in my opinion, about this book that was original...but that said, I enjoyed it. The sex was hot, the chemistry was believable and so was the reason that Jack felt h
Michelle Cunliffe
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you don't like graphic detail, and what I mean by this is either the sex or language, then you will not like this book.

Gemma has been working for Jack for two years, and has seen different women come and go. Jack has emotional baggage which is why he is seeing a lot of women.

Then finally Jack notices Gemma, and this brings a whole different meaning to a working relationship.

For me there was one thing that made reading the book, a little difficult was the present tense voice, for some readers
For all things Clare Connelly, please see www.clareconnelly.co.uk, the official home of Clare Connelly on the web.

Clare Connelly grew up in a small country town in Australia. Surrounded by rainforests, and rickety old timber houses, magic was thick in the air, and stories and storytelling were a huge part of her childhood.

From early on in life, Clare realised her favourite books were romance stor

Off Limits (2 books)