Start by marking “Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy” as Want to Read:
Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy

Sgt. Rock: The Prophecy (Sgt. Rock)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Originally published in single magazine form in Sgt. Rock: The prophecy 1-6.-- opposite T.p.
Published April 7th 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Sgt. Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sgt. Rock

Andrew Huey
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading a bunch of superhero comics this weekend, I picked this series out of my pile. Definitely a refreshing change of pace from the superhero stuff.

Joe Kubert is a great artist, and he's really at the top of his game here. I remember enjoying his work on many of the war comics I read when I was a kid. It's great to see him back on a classic character like Sgt Rock, but with modern printing and coloring. The art here is really great.

The story is a little weird, and it seems like the kind
Michael
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: loeg-archives
Thin story, BEAUTIFUL art.

Rock and Easy drop into Lithuania to save a young Jewish rabbi. I think Kubert does a good job allowing the kid to grow on Rock, and Easy's initial misgivings about the importance of the mission work for me. I don't feel like we ever really got to know the Easy guys very well though. Given my relative unfamiliarity with the characters, I would've liked more depth, but I did feel a ping of regret when three of the Easys were killed.

That said, while the story is simply pa
Robert
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Serviceable but uninspiring; a too-forced plot puts Easy company in the background of their own tale.
Randy Daugherty
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sgt Rock by Joe Kubert brings for many of us a trip back to our childhood as he presents Sgt. Rock and Easy Company in a graphic novel.
Rock and Easy Co. have been to North Africa and the Rhine,now as the allies are entering Europe, Easy find themselves in the North of Europe in No Mans land. This area is first pummeled by the Germans and then by the Russians with neither side maintaining a hold on the area.
To this area Rock and Easy come, seeing a glimpse of the horrors that are yet to come. The
Brent
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Joe Kubert and Sgt. Rock fans
Recommended to Brent by: The Book Nook
Kubert, the author, teacher, editor, educator, is much missed. Thankfully, in his last decade, he returned to some familiar characters of his, like Sgt. Rock and Tor.
I look on this tale as visiting subjects editorial strictures might not have allowed before the 1970s or the time Kubert left DC editorial offices. Like: messianic Judaism, the Holocaust, and mortality in wartime.
I am curious about the historical background here, as the Baltic city of Riga is referred to constantly as in Estonia, wh
Robert
Jun 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This was more of a trip down comic book memory lane than the previous Sgt. Rock book that I had read. This was the artwork and characters that I remembered from my days as a comic book reading youngster. And match that with a decent story with plenty of action to make for a fun little trip down memory lane.
Nate
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
My first Sgt. Rock started off very strong and the muted colors do an interesting job of emphasizing the ugliness and boredom of war but couldn't maintain the intensity throughout. I also never really had a handle on all the soldiers of Easy company. It is still a strong story but I wanted a lot more.
Dan
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
God damn, Joe Kubert was awesome. PROPHECY has a rather lackluster ending, but when Kubert draws a war comic, there's hardly anything that could make it unenjoyable. He was the greatest war comics artist without a doubt and this return to Sgt. Rock, Kubert's most famous character, shows an artist still at the top of his game clear into his twilight years.
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Frank Rock y su Easy Company son asignados a una particular misión: Servir de escolta a un particular joven a través del fiero invierno del este europeo. Alianzas incómodas, crueles enemigos y más de una amarga sorpresa espera al grupo en el carnicero frente ruso. Otra acertada pincelada de la guerra y su horror gracias al talento experimentado de Joe Kubert.
Sonic
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
First-rate graphic storytelling from a classic comic book artist.
Jonah
Nov 26, 2016
James Grummett
Sep 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Joe Kubert was a Jewish-American comic book artist who went on to found the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. He is best known for his work on the DC Comics characters Sgt. Rock and Hawkman. His sons, Andy Kubert and Adam Kubert, have themselves become successful comic-book artists.

Kubert's other creations include the comic books Tor, Son of Sinbad, and Viking Prince, and, with writer
More about Joe Kubert

Sgt. Rock (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Sgt. Rock Archives, Vol. 1