Start by marking “The First Battle (Nathan K #5)” as Want to Read:
The First Battle (Nathan K #5)

The First Battle

(Nathan K #5)

Nathan K — he can hold two souls in his body. If he dies, he loses one yet lives on with the other. As long as he replenishes his second soul, he cannot be killed. Nathan K is immortal.

AGAINST AN IMMORTAL ARMY

After learning how some Immortal groups use mortals as slaves and worse, Nathan can no longer sit by. Yet stopping them means war.

To take on the Immortals is no ea
Published July 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The First Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Battle

Vinita P Hayes
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start my review by saying that I received this book as an ARC. Nathan K is an immortal who has the ability to harness two souls. If anything happens to his body he expends the second soul to heal. When he's in this state he's considered mortal until he regains a second soul. While mortal he can "age" like a normal person but the process is slower.
After being hunted by the leaders of the two most powerful factions of Immortals (Larkin n Russo) Nathan decides to turn the tables. He's tired
Penny Noble
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Nathan K is back and better than ever! He is terrific at kicking butt and taking names, and he does so in spectacular fashion in this book. He has decided it is time to destroy an Immortals group, and he now has an accomplice, another Immortal. Of course, Robin is along for the ride, but Nathan doesn’t want her to get hurt. I found this book to be just as fun, fast-moving, and great just like the other installments in this series. Mr. Jaffe is an excellent writer, and his writing shines in this ...more
Dave
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nathan's character continues to evolve as he learns more and struggles with morality. Loads of action, twists and turns and interesting characters. I was totally immersed in Nathan's world and did not want to put this down.
I received an advanced review copy of this book and this is my honest review. Because I believe in supporting authors I like, I also purchased this book.

And now anxiously waiting for the next story from Stuart.
Ian Denner
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Once again I've realized something. I'm going through these books too fast. What an incredible story, with all the battles, computer hacks, gun fights and betrayals to keep it interesting from the first page to the very last page.
Marie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nathan K gets an ally in Crystal another Immortal. Action packed, wrought with danger and souls exchanged, Nathan K declares war on the Larkin Group and Rossos. Will he survive his immortality.....
Ann  Marie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jaffe, kindle, paranormal
I am 76% done right now. Enjoying the book.

I finished The First Battle today. I am loving this book. I will admit I have not had the chance to read books 2-4 yet but that didn't really cause any problems. I was able to get into the book without any problem. If you like stories about the 'little guy' taking on the evil corporations this is the book for you.

That isn't quite what this book is but that is as close as I am going to get. This is an excellent book.
Hugh C  Washington
Dana
Jan 26, 2019
Martin Shaw
Feb 04, 2019
Stuart Jaffe is the madman behind the Nathan K thrillers, Max Porter paranormal-mystery series, The Malja Chronicles, The Bluesman series, and much more. He has written numerous short stories in Fantasy, SF, and Horror. He was also the co-host of The Eclectic Review (http://eclectic.libsyn.com) -- a podcast about science, art, and well, everything.

Stuart lives in rural North Carolina, and for thos

Nathan K (7 books)
  • Immortal Killers (Nathan K #1)
  • Killing Machine (Nathan K #2)
  • The Cardinal (Nathan K #3)
  • Yukon Massacre (Nathan K #4)
  • Immortal Darkness (Nathan K #6)
  • A Spy for Eternity (Nathan K #7)