Start by marking “Managed 1: A Rock Star Romance” as Want to Read:
Managed 1: A Rock Star Romance

Managed 1: A Rock Star Romance

(Managed #1)

Note: This is Book 1 of a 4 book series and ends in a cliffhanger. If you do not like cliffhangers, you’ll want to get all 4 books at once. You can find them here: amzn.com/dp/B0763Q3VSM

One night of pleasure can lead to a lifetime of regret . . .

Jasper and the Weeds are one of the hottest bands in rock music! Jasper, the lead singer has made the band an instant success.
Published August 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Managed 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Managed 1

Theresa Natole
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Big rock star and not making the best choices. His record label has had enough. But deep down Jasper really isn't happy. He cannot play the music that he wants. Only the music his label tells him to play. It was so much easier playing in the dive bars. Fame and money are great but at what cost? People would trade places with him in a minute but then again when they see what he has to give up would they do it?

Hailey is the PR person whose job is to make all the bad publicity go away. Two minutes
Joyce Black
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent insight into the machinations of being a singer-songwriter signed by a label. Things are not always as good as we thought they were going to be. Great characterizations. This reader could really `feel`` the turmoil the main male character`s emotions are in. He has a lot of depth and is just starting to let us in to see who he really is besides his stage persona. The main female character has some self-esteem issues that rose up from bullying in school. There are a number of sub-plots b ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all I would like to thank the author for sending me a copy of this book.

I really enjoyed this first part of the story. I'm a sucker for these rock star romances. I loved how different they were. I liked Tara because she was nothing like most girls and she took pride in that. I thought it was cool that Jasper wasn't anything like you would expect. However, it sucked that he had to hide it. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next part of their story.
Daphne Cochran
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.
This is the first book from this author that I have read and really loved it. It was a fast paced, fun and refreshing story. It is a cliff hanger which I didn't know when I started the book but I did enjoy it from the first page till the last. I am looking forward to the next one. I had a lot of fun reading this book.
Jojo Bungenaar
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Clarissa Carlyle and it certainly won't be the last. I really enjoyed this book it was a great read, loved Harley and Jasper. Looking forward to book 2
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I have a bad feeling where this journey is going to be honest – I liked the Blurb and started reading but already during the first pages I got the feeling that I would be having an issue here.

The characters were lacking depth and were simply acting immature (to be honest they were acting simply stupid) the dialogues were on the level of High School and so predictable that it almost hurt.

But I was thinking I will finish this because at some point this will have to get better – right ? – now the b
Mojo_Mama
2 stars cuz BORING AS FUCK.

BB made me promise to read at least 2 parts before throwing in the towel....
Atlanta Whitlock
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I have read anything by Clarissa Carlyle, she is such a talented author and I always know that as soon as I start reading anything by her that I will just fall in love with it. She never disappoints and I will always recommend her books to anyone that hasn’t read her work. Clarissa is one of the very first authors that I actually started reading her work when I first became a blogger and with every book that I have read of hers she hasn’t disappointed me, her talent for w ...more
Jennifer G
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Jasper is the lead singer of the rock band Weeds; sex symbol, man-whore, sell-out. Hailey is a low level PR assistant; a sweet, smart girl, but lacking in self-confidence. Hailey is assigned to restore his public image after disasterous publicity damages Jasper's brand and hurts his career. She has her work cut out for her. At first glance, they have little in common, but Hailey senses the real Jasper underneath his bad-boy rock persona. He feels more himself when with her. They spend time toget ...more
CeCe
Jasper - Hero
Hailey - Heroine
Tara - Hero's ex-girlfriend
Gemma - Hero's previous interest, blogger

Mediocre writing. Writing was matter matter of fact. Very little feeling. Did not read smoothly - amateurish.

Rock star's "girlfriend" takes pictures of them naked and shares them on social media. Jasper hires the PR group that heroine works at to help him with his image since he is losing sponsors, etc.

This could have been a great story, but it did not work for me. The hero says he does not want to s
Kathleen
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this is the beginning of a new series so you know that the book will end with a cliffhanger, or at least more questions then answers.
Jasper Daly is the lead singer in a rock band and he has let his rock band persona get out of hand. He is losing sponsors and his record label is not happy, enter Hailey Finch a PR executive who is trying to get a promotion. If she can help Jasper she may be able to move up in the business and not live paycheck to paycheck.
So here are the twist Jasper is only be
Sandra
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book and I was hooked up in the story right away. Jasper Daly seems to be a badass rockstar who needs help to get his good reputation back after his ex-girlfriend took over his IG account and posted inappropirate sex pics. That's when Hailey show up and help him with his social media. Jasper takes Hailey to places he likes in NY to make her see that he's not the bad rocker everyone thinks he is and Hailey often sees right through the role he's playing. I rea ...more
Barbara
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first in a series and the cliffhanger differently makes you want to read the next book. The book is about Jasper, the rock star, and Hailey, the PR lady. The two of them have a stark when they first meet. It’s Hailey’s job to put Jasper’s image back to the good after a one night stand costed him a lot. The one night stand with Tara wasn’t what he expected when she posts pictures of them doing the nasty. So as Hailey is trying to repair his reputation she’s having feelings for him as ...more
BP34
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book one in the Rock Star Romance Series and starts the series off on a high note. Jasper, a lead singer in a top band is trying to redeem himself from some bad choices that resulted in scandals. Hailey is his new PR agent and she is assigned with restoring his image. Quite a story, but be warned there is a cliffhanger. The beginning of what is a great story. Lots of twists and surprises in this well written story with eat characters. I received an arc copy and voluntarily chose to revie ...more
Lisa Haycocks
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could imagine this being a book that would be perfect as a holiday read.
When I first saw the cover I thought this was going to be a very racy, steamy read.
Don't judge this book by the cover.....there is so much more to this book than what the cover implies. A good storyline and good characters, with more depth than just folk with pretty faces and a hot bodies. No spoilers given here but I'm definitely twitchy with impatience waiting for book 2 to come out !!
A really strong start to a series f
Ann-Maree Howarth
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Clarissa Carlyle book I have read and I really enjoyed her style of writing. The story ended on a cliff hanger so I will be eagerly awaiting the next part of this Rock Star story. You do not want to like the Rock Star Jasper and his bad boy life style but as you read you start to change your opinion of him and see the real person behind the Rock Star band life.

Full Review can be found on at www.readingfortheloveofbooks.com

♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
This is my first Clarissa Carlyle book, but not my last by any means. This book is a really good start to a new rock star series and I am so happy to be able to read it from the very beginning. Yes, this book does end on a cliffhanger but those don't really bother me as long as the characters and plot of the story are flowing well. And this book does all that. I am excited to read book 2 and see where this all goes. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy for my honest review.
Barbara
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***I voluntarily read this ARC to give an honest review***A great read! Jasper, lead singer and writer for the group "Weeds" hooks up with a paparazzi whore, Tara who will do anything to be in the world media! She posts pictures of them having sex and nude! This causes him to start losing sponsorships! He hires a PR company that puts Hailey on his case! She's different than any girl he's been around! He hurts her feelings and runs after and doesn't see the cab coming! Cliffhanger!!!!!
Lori
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC Review

**I voluntarily received an Advance Reader Copy of this book.**

You could not have a bad boy rock star and not have a scandal. This rock star is in the middle of a doosey. His PR rep is going to do every she can to clean up his image.

Sparks fly, and work starts to become personal, but this is PR rep that not going to mix work with pleasure.

This is the beginning of a very sweet romance. A great story with a gripping cliffhanger for an ending.
Lisa Jolly
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.

This is the 1st book in the series.

Hailey works as a PR firm Big Deal and has just received her 1st assignment. Jasper is a rock star with a bad reputation. This is a great first book for the series, great characters and a great lead for the remainder of the series.
Jane Elizabeth
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOW...

How to clean up Jasper, a bad boy rocker, in 10 days???...I made up the 10 ;-) ... Is it even possible? Hailey needs to try if she wants to be taken seriously and earn a promotion! But Jasper is making it difficult to say the least.
Great start to the new series and the edgie cliffhanger will definitely make you want to come back for more!
Myella
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
more a novella than a novel

I enjoyed reading Managed 1 although it didn't hold me completely. I kept having moments of thinking I was reading Harry Styles fan fic. There was just something that didnt work for me. However it's well written and haa a good writing structure. Nice characters but more a novella than a novel.
Ruby McDemon
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how this story is more about how famous people are just like everyday people. It's sweet reading about two people who are so similar in personality and they don't seem to realize it. This is a really great quick read and I can't wait to find out more between Jasper and Hailey especially after that ending.
Jean Joseph
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jasper is trying to get his reputation fixed after racy pictures are posted on his social media. Hailey is the PR person who is going to manage him and fix his reputation. Jasper is scared to show the true self so he hides behind the jerk persona. I voluntarily received an advanced copy of this book for a honest review
Darlene  Fessenden
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jasper is a singing star that has problems with an ex. Hailey is a shy PR representative trying to help him. This is a wonderful story and I can't wait for the story to continue. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Roger
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Managed 1 is my first read from author Clarissa Carlyle, I have several of her books but had never managed to read one before. An enjoyable, well-written romance. I look forward to reading more from her.
Christa Bohannan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book, I can't wait to red the next one!
SouthernAngel
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, fun read to start the series, filled with drama, scandal, inner turmoil, surprises and twists. The cliffhanger leaves you wanting more (in a good way), can't wait for the next one.
Andrea
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Refer to Amazon.com for my review under Andrea M on 04/08/2017.
Pat
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline that has a very well laid out plot and I like the development of both characters, Halley and Jasper who kept me totally enthralled until the very end!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Join my newsletter, get a free book http://clarissacarlyle.com/newsletter

New Adult Romance author. Reading was my earliest passion, often seeking the sanctuary of my room or the library to read everything I could get my hands on. I penned romantic poetry in high school and was winning school awards for my short stories at 16. In college I would hibernate in the library for days at a time, consumin

Managed (2 books)