Start by marking “Across the Horizon” as Want to Read:
Across the Horizon

Across the Horizon

“Sometimes love happens when you least expect it.” That was what my husband’s mistress told me the day I found out about their affair.

I didn’t believe it until five minutes later when mouth-watering celebrity chef Tanner Reese walked up, tossed his arm around my shoulders, and told my cheating husband to take a hike.

Tanner and I couldn’t have been more different. He spen
Published December 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Across the Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Horizon

Christy
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!!

photo IMG_2593_zpsmayaeuhi.png

The Darkest Sunrise duet were two of my favorite books of 2017. They gave me all the feels and I loved them so much. When I saw Aly Martinez newest stand-alone Across the Horizon was starring two of the side characters (Porter's brother and Charlotte's best friend) I was ecstatic to read it. Aly's books and writing are always amazing and this book was a quality read. It didn't have near as many feels, but was still a great read.

Tanner Reese is a chef but lately he's spent more of his
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”ACROSS THE HORIZON” is a spin-off of the Darkest Sunrise duet. The couple in this story is Porter’s younger brother and Charlotte’s best friend. We met Tanner and Rita in the previous story and knew that they became romantically involved but never got their backstory until now. Their romance starts at about the same time that Porter and Charlotte’s did, but without all the crazy drama, and luckily we don't have to relive it in this book!

Rit
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

When two smartasses meet it can go two ways: they hate each other or they are in complete harmony and their verbal sparring is the spice in their relationship. Rita and Tanner are the latter - there is no doubt that they belong together from the first moment they meet. They just work. The problem? Neither of them has business being in a relationship, both of them have an identity crisis and a lot of baggage to work through. Rita personally - her soon-to-be-ex-husband's
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

ACROSS THE HORIZON: Is a standalone romance novel by author Aly Martinez. In this we meet Rita & Tanner. Spoken in Dual POV’S

The first chapter we encounter Rita’s heartbreak as the wind is knocked out of her sails as she faces a heartbreaking divorce not of her choosing as she walks away from her seven year old marriage when she catches her husband cheating.

He was her first love and now he's also her first heartbreak. Instead of wallowing in a downward spiral of despair she has great fr
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review to come later. ;)
*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

Expected publication: December 6th 2018

---------------------------

Aly Martinez is one of my favorite authors and I'm sooooo excited for this book. :)
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

WOW!!! If you have read the author's The Darkest Sunrise duet or not, this book should not be missed.

ACROSS THE HORIZON was an incredibly well written romance, sweet and swoony, exactly how I like them. And best of all, it can be read as a standalone. Just pick it up and enjoy this fantastic novel, that left me all kinds of dreamy for my own Tanner Reese.

Reading ACROSS THE HORIZON reminded me why I adored the above mentioned duet so much. The author's signature wit and banter was tangi
Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"The terror and exhilaration of jumping out of a plane at fourteen thousand feet had nothing on the pure adrenaline-fueled high of finally finding a woman like Rita Hartley."

Across the Horizon is the first contemporary romance I rated 5 stars this year. It really isn't easy to make me rate a book 5 stars, without it having some kind of twist or angst. It was a straight to the point romance story without all the bells and whistles, and honestly it
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Shelves: arc
4.25 stars.

"Sometimes fate brings you to a place in life for a reason. It's not up to you to figure out what that reason is, it's only up to you to decide what you're going to make of it."

I always love getting an Aly Martinez book in my kindle. And this time it was even more excitement because it was Tanner's book and I had wanted to read his story for the longest time. Across the Horizon had everything I look for in a book by Aly. Great banter, angst, an amazing story and phenomenal cha
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 stars

3,5-4 stars

This was a sweet story with the great amount of angst.Tanner and Rita was great together. I like their flirty and funny moments together . Tanner is a swoon worthy hero and Rita is a great heroine! I loved most of the story I just didn't feel the same love I felt with most of Aly's characters. Still it was a nice book to read

The Book Bee
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 5 STARS
"Life isn't fair. It's cruel and calculating. But it is real."

Aly Martinez never fails to amaze me. Never. I'm putting that out there as my disclaimer because as critical as I can try to be about her books, it will still come across as an "Ode to Aly's Writing by Bee". HAHAHA!! Just kidding. It's not an ode because I'm not creative enough to come up with something that cool....unlike Tanner, but it'll be full of love, nevertheless. Regardless, this book is an easy recommendation
AJ
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Sometimes fate brings you to a place in life for a reason. It’s not up to you to figure out what that reason is. It’s only up to you to decide what you’re going to make of it.”

4 stars

Another great read from Aly Martinez! A romantic comedy with lots of heart, and a hilariously charming hero that you cannot help but completely fall for!

Tanner and Rita’s love story originally played out in the background of The Darkest Sunrise Duet (Tanner is Porter’s brother, Rita is Charlotte’s best friend). To
Beneath The Covers Blog
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
BleuBelle
Dec 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

‘…with my heart in my throat and tears streaming down my face, I walked away.’

We absolutely love Aly Martinez’s writing style and her stories always keep us reading as the romance slowly builds and we fall in love just as the characters do. There’s something very special about her characters that takes us back to the books we fell in love with years ago. And if you too are a huge fan of old school Kristen Ashley you’ll know what we mean. Across the Horizon elicited those same feelings and we lov
Eliza
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dec-2018

★3 - 3.5 STARS★

Rita Hartley is picking herself up after dumping her cheating scumbag of a husband. In a moment of unashamed desperation she quite literally clings to stranger Tanner Reese in a wild hair moment of rubbing him in her ex’s face.

Tanner, a TV chef who has no shortage of women throwing themselves at his feet. He’s happy to play along with Rita’s pretence because a: she’s stunning and b: he can see right away her ex is a schmuck.

The role play extends beyond the scene they put on her
Carlene Inspired
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Across the Horizon is a hot contemporary romance with a bit of humor from Aly Martinez, author of several of my favorite romance novels. Featuring a handsome chef and a beautiful divorcee, neither seeking a relationship by the way, Across the Horizon follows the fast paced love that blossoms between two people who aren't even looking for it. Tanner Reese is famous for his abs that feature prominently on his popular cooking show, what he really want
Bindi Boo
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My gosh, my heart is jumping for joy. This book was perfection. Rita and Tanner are the sweetest, most romantic couple and I adored their relationship from the get-go. Yes they met at the most inopportune time and Tanner knew nothing about going slow but by god they made it work. I had a smile on my face THE.ENTIRE.TIME. The banter, the sweetness and the sexy times was just something I needed. Normally an author with rather heavy reads, this book was a lighter, sweeter read.
Shayna
“𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯’𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐’𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵.”

A sexy and sweet love story laced with passion, angst, and emotion! In typical Aly Martinez fashion, she reels you in with excellent writing, unforgettable characters, and an addicting storyline that will stay with you long after the last page has turned. With quite the memorable and steamy meet cute, Rita and Tanner will steal your heart from the very b
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2018

description

‘…with my heart in my throat and tears streaming down my face, I walked away.’

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
If you were a fan of The Darkest Sunrise duet then you will be excited to get your hands on this book. Remember Porter’s brother Tanner, the TV chef? Mr shirtless, with dimples, is about to have his life disrupted in the best way by the beautiful Rita ☺ This can be read as a stand alone though, there is nothing spoilery in here about Porter’s story.

Tanner is a Food Channel celebrity, the star of his own TV show and not short of the attention that comes with a high profile career. When he agrees
Joy
Ahhhhhhhh! This was soooo fun! I loved this story from the very beginning. Rita and Tanner are a match made in well, desperation honestly. In a moment of weakness Rita accost Tanner Reese at a fundraising event where her cheating husband's mistress drops the most horrendous of bombs on her. What else is a woman to do but literally throw herself at the hottest man in the vicinity? And it just gets sweeter from there. So much I adored about this story. The way they met. The way Tanner couldn't let ...more
RentasticReads
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aly Martinez absolutely knows how to leave a girl breathless and wanting, bringing her down to her knees. I was complete and utterly consumed by Tanner and Rita’s story! No, this book won’t wreck you—not the way Porter Reese’s story in The Darkest Sunrise duet did—but it was still raw, and just as gripping and brimming with so much emotion that you’ll feel every page, every chapter deep in the marrow of your bones.

There were so many moments in this book where my heart just squeezed, thudded, and
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.25 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"God, how is it possible for you to be this bad at slow?"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tanner Reese is a successful chef, co-owner of a busy restaurant, and the star of his own cooking show. You think he'd have it all but that is far from the truth. Tanner is getting tired of having to take his shirt off for ratings instead of showing off his skills and dishes he cares about. He also has to deal wit
Grace
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
As the saying goes, love comes from the most unexpected places.

Rita Laughlin's life is in the lowest of lows, after discovering her seven-year marriage is over due to her husband's affair. While the sting of an impending divorce hurts her ego, what's worse is the a-hole ex, Greg, won't leave her alone.

Enter Tanner Reese.
If you are a fan of the author, that name might seem familiar to you, as he is Porter Reese's brother (his story was told in the emotional duet, The Darkest Sunrise and The Brigh
Courtney
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Tanner finally gets his book! WOOOHOOO!! And Aly delivered one hell of a story.

Tanner Reese - brother of Porter Reese from The Darkest Sunrise duet. Tanner's a chef but has seem to find his niche on a food show instead of doing his life passion, working in a kitchen. He's also stepping away from women and relationships while he deals with this crazy ex and her whacked-out accusations.

Rita is Charlotte's (from Darkest Sunrise duet) best friend and also trying to host her annual carniva
FMABookReviews
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
With her latest book 'Across the Horizon', Aly Martinez brings us Tanner and Rita's story. You may remember them from The Darkest Sunrise duet. Tanner is Porter's brother and Rita is Charlotte's best friend. If you didn't read the duet, please do yourself a favor and do it! The Darkest Sunrise duet was on my Favorites of 2017 list! This book runs along the same timeline as the duet. Although, you can definitely read this without having read the duet because there aren't any spoilers.

Rita Hartle
Kahea

***5 ‘Bad At Slow’ Stars***

This book gave me all the feels. More laugh out loud ones than anything else, but the teary eyed ones happened and I was more than happy that I was home with no witnesses other than #thebubba to witness that debacle, because let’s be real ~ it ain’t pretty. But this book grabbed hold of me from the first page and I loved every moment until the very end.

Tanner made my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. He did. The man is sweet and all kinds of charming and that combine
Christy Bailey
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing read! It had all the feels that kept me hanging on for the ride!
Jan
15 books!! 15 books I have read by this author and she never ceases to amaze me!

I adored ACROSS THE HORIZON. A story of new beginnings, self-discovery and finding real love.

Married to her high school boyfriend Rita is just like any typical woman goes to work and is content with how everything is, well she thinks she is, until she finds her friend/co-worker and husband banging the bedpost together so to speak.

Rita is angry more than anything, angry with herself, angry at the wasted 7 y
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

“Dear God. Who’s flirting now?”
“Me. Absolutely. Unquestionably. Me. Christ, it’s been three days and you’re just now catching on to this?”
1 likes
“He brushed his nose across my cheek. “You’re wicked good in bed...”
“We weren’t in bed, and I didn’t do anything. All you know is that I can properly hold on while you sex me up on a rubber mat.”
He chuckled. “Good to know I did not fuck the smartass out of you.”
“Honey, nobody’s dick is that big.”
1 likes