Start by marking “Magic & Mystery (Starry Hollow Witches #2)” as Want to Read:
Magic & Mystery (Starry Hollow Witches #2)

Magic & Mystery

(Starry Hollow Witches #2)

Welcome to Starry Hollow, where spells were made to be broken.

Ember Rose, descendant of the One True Witch and New Jersey transplant, is settling into her new life in Starry Hollow, along with her precocious daughter. It doesn't take long before Ember finds herself smack dab in the middle of another mystery. Someone is turning the town's most eligible bachelors into frogs, st
Published August 15th 2017 by Red Palm Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Magic & Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic & Mystery

Yvonne
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!! I am enjoying all of Annabel Chase's works and this one is as good as they get. I read it in one sitting and I can't wait for the next one in the series.
Ember Rose is fun and a breath of fresh air. I read a lot of deep dark mysteries and police procedurals and I need a fun break at times. This author is perfect for my needs. She gives us fast moving, intriguing and well written stories. I highly recommend all her works.
Megan
Sheriff Nash
Alec Hale
----------------------------------
What happens?
Bachleors are turning into Frogs in Starry Hollow. When Ember's cousin Florian turns into one during a family dinner Aunt Hyacinth decides the law isn't just fully up to the task and asks the local paper (which the family owns) to start invest/>What/>Meeting
 J Alm
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ember's Starry Hollow adventure continues ....

.... with a really amusing tale.

Some of the bachelors from town were turning into frogs. They are the main players in town, unfortunately one is a Rose.

Florian is one of the first to be turned and at the dinner table too.

The hunt is on for the culprit.

Luckily for Sheriff Nash, Simon the butler at their home has a list of girlfriends. They put all the frogs' lists together and start to question the
Sarah Leenart
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a review for the Starry Hollow Witchs books 1 through 6, as I read them all one ofter the other so feel a series review is in place.

This series had a different feel to the Spellbound books. For a start Starry Hollow takes it's place in the world at large and time has continued to move forwards. The magic appears to be different dependant on the users and has a slightly different feel to it. Ember (like Emma in Spellbound) does arrive though from the human world and finds out
Dharia Scarab
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another book by the author for
Mike Lewis
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freakily Awesome and Extraordinary

Fantastic Siri. This author writes several series in the same magical world. One of them is this one the story hello series. Another is the spellbound Siri’s. Another is spell slayers academy in which that one is similar to Harry Potter as it is a magical university. These books are as entertaining as it gets. I put them right up underneath Perry Potter books.
Sorry for any grammatical errors. I use voiceover with Siri to dictate as I am blind. I read a lot of
Lita Acevedo
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ember Rose, Marley, Alec, and the Sheriff are back in this amusing mystery. Someone is turning men into frogs in Starry Hollow. Alec assigns Ember to investigate for the paper and the sheriff decides to have to come with him so they can interview people together. While this is going on, Ember is being taught how to use her magic. A most fun read with a cast of wonderful characters that I'm looking forward to reading about in future books in this series. Delightful.
Adrienne Testa
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Amusing with several laugh out loud moments. The town's most eligible bachelors are being turned into frogs. The love them and leave them bachelors have made a name for themselves in Starry Hollow and someone is out for revenge. Ember Rose is on the case, as a journalist and a friend. She's trying to uncover the trust, as she adjusts to living a life as a witch. Its a fun read, with likable characters.
Tere Fredericks
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ember, Marley, and PP3 Have a Home

Nice that the title is a play on the title of the first.

Still getting to know the town's characters. Some of them have been turned into frogs, much to the town's dismay. These aren't normal frogs, these are the town's elite.

How Ember figures out who the culprit is and how it's done, right beside the sheriff no less, is cute.

Ember and Marley seem to have found a home at last.
sarah williams
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A magical town hidden next to the ocean. A rich and powerful family of witches taking care of you. Sounds like heaven to me. Might have to give the town a drive by and stop in for a magical cocktail or two. Annabel Chase writes a wonderful, relaxing, and interesting series. Looking forward to more.
Diana Blick
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent follow through

This second book is as good as the first as Ember settles into her new home in magical Starry Hollow. She's picking up new witchy skills, learning a new job and hot on the trail of a magical mystery. I like this series better than than the other set in this world, though if you like this one, I'm sure you will like it too.
Vivian
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a fun and witty read! I love the characters - a single mom from Jersey who has just learned she's a witch, a ten year old daughter who is wise beyond her years and two hot paranormal love interests - how can you go wrong? and I want to go to the Wish Market - the author has a great imagination!
BobaFett114
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!!!!

I just love Ember. She has so much spunk!!! The mystery is great and I didn't figure it out I til the end, which I love. Ember has to find out who is turning bachelor's into frogs, including her cousin Florian. She makes some new friends as well. I would love to see her with the sheriff!!
lourdes loera
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And she does it again! Another amazing mystery!

I loved this book as much as I liked the first one I like that Ember is starting to get her magic on. Who doesn't love a great mystery with lots of magic? Everyone does!!! I never saw it coming, who would have thought... No spoilers go read it yourself!!! You will fall in love
Melissa Walker
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More magical fun

Ember's cousin Florian suddenly turns into a frog during dinner, and they need to find out who cast the spell and how, in order to turn him back. The sheriff lets Ember tag along because she will talk to the same people anyway. Fun watching them get little digs in at each other for entertainment.
Kat Klein
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
While there is no murder in this one, there is still a mystery. Someone is turning the town's most eligible bachelors into frogs. Including Ember's new boss, Alec Hale. And no kiss from a princess will be changing them back anytime soon. Ember works with Sheriff Nash to find out who the guilty party is. Another well told story, and a quick fun read.
Toria Bedell
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ember is on another investigation

Someone has turn Starry Hollow's most eligible bachelors into frogs. When Embers own cousin is turned into a frog her aunt wants her on the case. Sheriff Nash is willing to take Ember along for interviews of the women each guy has dated lately and they find that list to be long.
Jill
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Starry Hollow

Starry Hollow, a place so magical that you can have people turn into frogs and have ghosts as butlers. When bachelors start turning into frogs Ember is put on the case for the paper. In looking into the case, she meets some interesting new people.

Need to read to find out how, who, and why these men become frogs.
Marissa
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very cute second book! The mystery could only happen in a magical novel like this. We learn more about the town and some new characters. Ember's magical training begins, and it's interesting to learn more about the magic systems in place. Fun read!
Jana Gundy
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining as always

I’m becoming a big fan of this series. Ember and Marley are such entertaining characters, I love their banter and wit. In fact, all of the characters have such great appeal and do a great job in their respective roles.
Amy
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing

This series makes me smile! Ember is cheeky, adventurous, loving, and smart. The proverbial lemons are now lemonade when it comes to her life. Can't wait to read book 3...The one more chapter before I fall asleep definitely applies!
Mary Barrett
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars

Love this series! It is very clever and I love Annabel Chase' sense of humor. This continues the story of the Starry Hollow Witches and... Vampires, werewolves, fairies, elves.... It is a very cute and entertaining series! Kudos, Ms. Chase!
Samantha Bickford
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another quick, satisfying read!

I have never really read this genre & never would have thought it would be my thing, but Annabel Chase always entertains me and I can honestly say that I'm now a fan.
It's a nice, easy read that has just enough mystery to keep me satisfied.
Laura Beauregard
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy magical Read

I have enjoyed all the books by Ms. Chase. They are a quick, easy, fun read. I enjoy the cost witch mystery genre. While the plots are simple, the characters are likable and the town provides a great backdrop.
Ardie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I read books one and two...they are laugh out loud funny.. Woman and her genius 10 year old daughter goes from living in New Jersey to a Magical place of Starry Hollow...can't wait for the next one to come out..
Sharri Williams
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A definite page turner!

All the eligible!e men are being turned into frogs in Sleepy Hollow and Ember is writing a story on the incidences. I couldn't but this book down. I definitely recommend this book and any book this author writes!
Levia
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute and funny

Not quite as packed with hilarity as the first book. I'm definitely team Alec. I actually didn't suspect the culprit until they were discovered so that was a fun suspense.
Kelly
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved

Book #2 and I loved it!! Ember is pretty sweet, even helping a someone she doesn’t really know like that. She saw herself in her and she wanted to make sure to help her. I like that in a person. While she doesn’t know a lot of magic what she does know she works hard at.
Lyn Jenkins
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cliche funny.

Embers dinner with the family turns into a hopping affair when her cousin Florian is turned into a frog. One of several incliuding her handsome boss Alec the Vampire.
Irene
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Characters are great. Can't wait for the next one. Please let's have more than just three.

• Better Haunts and Garden Gnomes ([Un]Lucky Valley, #1)
  • Freaky Places (A Mystic Caravan Mystery, #5)
  • Watchful Wisteria (Wisteria Witches, #4)
  • Witches Wild (Bewitching Bedlam Book 4)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Invisible Prison (Alex Noziak #0.5)
  • A Demon Stole My Kitty (Werewolves, Vampires and Demons, Oh My, #3)
  • Amuletto Kiss (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #5)
  • The Phoenix Illusion (SPI Files #6)
  • Witch at Last (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #3)

Starry Hollow Witches (9 books)
  • Magic & Murder (Starry Hollow Witches #1)
  • Magic & Mischief (Starry Hollow Witches #3)
  • Magic & Mayhem (Starry Hollow Witches #4)
  • Magic & Mercy (Starry Hollow Witches #5)
  • Magic & Madness (Starry Hollow Witches, #6)
  • Magic & Malice (Starry Hollow Witches #7)
  • Magic & Mythos (Starry Hollow Witches #8)
  • Magic & Mishaps (Starry Hollow Witches #9)