Start by marking “The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Mystery of the Curiosities

(Snow & Winter #2)

Life has been pretty great for Sebastian Snow. The Emporium is thriving and his relationship with NYPD homicide detective, Calvin Winter, is everything he’s ever wanted. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Sebastian’s only cause for concern is whether Calvin should be taken on a romantic date. It’s only when an unknown assailant smashes the Emporium’s window and leaves ...more
Audible Audio
Published July 31st 2017 by DSP Publications (first published March 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Curiosities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Curiosities

Teal
CS Poe has something special going for her that I can’t quite put my finger on. Her dialogue is often zingy, her sex scenes are often hot, her characters are often engagingly quirky. Sebastian’s father, for example, is a delight.

I wanted to love this book. I expected to at least like it. I’d actually preordered it (which is a pretty big deal for me), based on having liked the first book in the series. Well, having liked the first 90% of the first book. That last 10% was a total trainwreck, an o
C.S. Poe
Sep 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books

AUDIO:
Audible: bit.ly/SWMCAUD
Amazon: bit.ly/SWMCAMZAUD
iTunes: bit.ly/SWMCITUN

*Read/Listen to the excerpt on Goodreads under 'Kindle Edition'
FREE CODA: "The Inner Workings of Sebastian Snow" bit.ly/SWCoda1
FREE CODA: "New Year's Eve" bit.ly/SWCoda2
FREE CODA: "Little Moments" bit.ly/SWCoda4
FREE CODA: "Ghost of Dur
Ann
4.5 Stars

This is really turning into a fun series and I believe I enjoyed the second even more than the first. Most probably because when book #1 ended, Sebastian and Calvin were still very “new” and there was a lot of evolution in their relationship in book #2 that I absolutely loved reading.

The mystery kept me connected in a fun and engaging way. If you’re looking for plot twists, turns and surprises at the end of every chapter, this is not that story and I was perfectly fine with that. I rea
Debra
Everything I liked about the first one was here again. Seb and Calvin's relationship is moving forward and I really like them as a couple. Calvin gives Seb a lot of leeway, but I really wanted to smack Seb a few times for doing things he knew would be problematic for Calvin. All the secondary characters were back, Max, Seb's father, and Neil, his ex, and get to meet a few more including Aubrey who I'm thrilled to find out will be featured in a book of his own next year (and it will set in Key We ...more
CrabbyPatty
The Mystery of the Curiosities is the second book in the Snow and Winter series. Yeah, I suppose it could be read as a standalone, but you'll definitely want to read The Mystery of Nevermore to learn how Seb and Calvin met.
“When writing my obituary, just be sure it says, ‘Sebastian was the death of him.’” He [Calvin] turned and walked to the exit.
“Ha, ha,” I said loudly, following. “Heart disease is more believable.”
Calvin turned as he held the door open for Quinn and I. “Not once people meet yo
~Volha~
This book was even better than the first. The mystery was irresistible and thrilling, the relationship was sweet, romantic and steamy, the narrative was engaging and engrossing. I like C.S. Poe writing style, I think it's very refreshing and at times edgy and full of humor. I loved it from start to finish.

The book's events continue a few months after the first book finished and Snow and Winter are together and so in love it's so cute and syrupy sweet. Winter took the plunge and came out to be wi
Karen
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 shining stars rounded down to 4 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and if I liked the first book a bit more I can hardly give this one 5 now can I?

It seems the circus has come to town...

While I enjoyed 'The Mystery of Nevermore' book 1 in C. S. Poe's Snow & Winter series a tiny, tiny bit more than this one that does not mean that 'The Mystery of the Curiosities' was anything less than enjoyable.

I think possibly part of my added enthusiasm for the first book was just the joy of disc
Chris
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
I enjoyed this book and I must say I’m really loving the Snow & Winter dynamic. These two are not your average partners - they spend a lot of time in their thoughts and when they finally speak their minds their declarations range between hilarity and hysteria ! Poor Winter really does try to do his job and tame Snow but I guess he’s realized Seb is just way too curious. Thoroughly enjoy the exasperation!
Karen
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
It seems some things don't really change...

Once again this is an audio book for an e-book that I read back when it was released and I liked it 4.5 stars worth and basically as far as the story's concerned I haven't changed my mind and my original review is still good to go...Original Review: The Mystery of the Curiosities

While I enjoyed experiencing this story again. I have to admit there was a little bit of a loss in the audio for me. Derrick McClain was once again the narrator for this one a
Pianka *call me PIU*

I have been waiting for this book from the moment I finished the first one. I gobbled this ‘mystery’ in no time at all and I absolutely loved the ‘snow & winter’ team once again here.

This story can be read as a standalone mystery-wise but you need to read the first book to follow Calvin and Sebastian’s relationship which I would, advice.

This time around Sebastian is again targeted by an unknown ‘mysterious’ figure who leaves breadcrumbs all over the city for him to follow and solve
Donna
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cops, m-m, mystery
Wonderful sequel! Loved the mystery and I especially loved the continuing love story of Snow and Winter. Their romance is very sweet and both are so supportive of each other. They are hot together, too.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: This audiobook was provided to me through Hearts on Fire Reviews in exchange for an impartial review.

A terrific mystery told by a terrific narrator. What more could I want in an audiobook? This series is wonderful. Totally different from the Adrien English series, and yet it’s strongly reminiscent of it. The main characters, Sebastian Snow and Calvin Winter, are strong, independent men, and yet each has his weaknesses and soft side. The writing is excellent; the mystery difficult to solv
Eugenia
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***4.5 Stars***
I read this in one sitting. I liked it more than the first and I I loved the first book.

Here, Sebastian finds himself the focus of another serial killer—because that’s how life is for amateur sleuths, don’t you know? This one involves cold case crimes his boyfriend, Calvin, has been working on. Every time Sebastian solves a case, he gets a prize.

I loved the snark in this one. The fact that he was a sleuthing and couldn’t stop himself made for many jokes, even by himself. I enjoyed
JR
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those looking for something different
So who would throw a brick through Seb's antique shop window, then leave bricks all over the inside of the store? The bigger question, can Calvin keep Seb from investigating on his own, and stay out of danger?

Once again, C.S. Poe has written a funny, creative, complex mystery with this pair of fantastic MCs. The first in this series was at the top of my best books of last year, this one is already at the top and it's only March. The mm genre needs more funny stories, and more mysteries as far
Nat
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun mystery

I find that these mysteries feel a lot like cozies...with a lot of sex, although this has less than the first. Sebastian gets pulled into this one when someone showers him in bricks. Then it gets really dangerous. He frustrates Calvin but even though he gets mad it always seems to just fizzle out. I think that’s the frustration for me about these books; Calvin just doesn’t feel like a complete character. Information about him only comes from Sebastian, we’re mostly told, not shown. Hi
Rachel Emily
Totally enjoying this series and these characters. Yes, Sebastian is a bit persistent and unable to stay out of the actual police work going on, and I can see why this really might not work for some people. However, I enjoy it. His snark and sass with everyone is lovely, and I enjoy how dialogue-driven and fast-paced the author's writing is in this series.

I wish we'd get more from Calvin sometimes, what he's thinking, but this is Sebastian's story to tell. The mystery was fun, although sure a b
Caipi
Fun and entertaining, even though the mystery didn't feel very realistic to me.
I love Seb and Cal together, the developments in their relationship as well as them as individuals. Seb with his TSTL tendencies and Cal's patience of a saint.
Nerea
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is far better than the book one!!!
The mystery is really interesting and is NOT predecible. It hooks me totally into the plot and wanting to know more about what next clue would be or how is all the story going to end!

About the Mcs … All what I can say is not enough. They are LOVELY and very very romantic ♥ are a ton of cute moments and scenes with very nice dialogues between them.

Also the secondary characters are so engaging! Sebastians dad is so supportive and sweet and I really loved th
Helen Kord
I loved this one much more than the first. The pacing was better (although still rushed), the mystery more intriguing, the characterisation much stronger (I Would Die For Calvin Winter) and the romance was very sweet. The few bits of Calvin's PTSD that we saw were heartbreaking and I love that he's finally getting some help.
It's a very solid 4.5* and if the books keep getting better this much, I can't wait for the third <3
Lisa
I am really loving this series.
I love how Seb is unwittingly turned into an amateur detective and poor Cal is along for the ride.
I also live how I am kept guessing right up until the end.
I just have the 2 short stories to read. I hope the author is going to write another adventure in the lives of these two.
Daphne
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books, m-m-read
Cal is a saint, that’s all there is to it. Seb would try the patience of a monk with his running here and there getting into everything. Such an interesting couple and series, unusual quirky subjects.
Susan
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-read, 2018
As Sebastian and Calvin begin to grow in their relationship, we learn more of the dynamic between them. Add in an ex and more danger - Seb is a danger magnet - and you have a fun read with a good mystery. Calvin is still exasperated and Seb is still snarky. It works very well. On to book three.
Chris, the Dalek King
You’d think one serial killer in a lifetime would be enough, but most people aren’t as lucky as Sebastian Snow. If luck is defined as being taunted by a brick-wielding maniac who has serious issues with invading someone’s personal space, anyways. And sure, playing along with the mysterious killer isn’t the smartest idea, but Snow can’t seem to let a mystery pass him by–no matter how much his (beleaguered) boyfriend might wish otherwise. Not that the killer is just gonna let Snow walk away whatev ...more
Liza
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to The Mystery of Nevermore was just as good as the first!!! I was enthralled from the first page. The mystery kept me guessing and I loved watching the relationship continue to bloom between Sebation and Calvin.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Yay, I enjoyed it!!!

So I have a little backtracking to do. The first book in the series sent me into a ragefest. I was very admanant about this author ripping off Josh Lanyone's Adrien English series. My review is all snarky gifs, and reasons why Calvin can't say the word Baby, because its Jake word. No one says Baby like Jake does. Throughout my entire review I went into how the autor completely sucked the life essence out of Adrien & Jake and made Sebastian & Calvin. I mean its eer
Joyfully Jay
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

The Mystery of the Curiosities is the second book in C.S. Poe’s Snow and Winter series. Like the first, it features amateur detective Sebastian Snow as he gets himself involved in a murder investigation with his now boyfriend Calvin trying desperately to keep him out of trouble. I really enjoyed the mystery built into this story and the way the killer intentionally involves Sebastian. There are little breadcrumbs thrown, drawing Sebastian in deeper despite the fa
Jane
I'm sorry to say that I liked the second book in the Snow and Winter series less than the first one as I found our protagonist Sebastian a bit stupid at times and the plot suspended my belief a bit too much.

I quite liked Sebastian and Calvin together and I liked that their relationship is evolving, but I really disliked the fact that Sebastian kept not respecting Calvin's wishes by choosing the most nonsensical option of all and even lying to Calvin at times just so he could satisfy his curiosit
Anke
Nov 12, 2016 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition
Because the first book wasn't good enough to read more of this series.

And I don't know how there can be a 5* review already although nothing's known about this book, no blurb and no cover. On the other hand - as similar as the first book was to the Adrien English book, we can probably guess what this second one will be about.
Melissa
I am so in love with Calvin. Yes he suffers from PTSD and has nightmares, but he doesn't let that stop him - not really. He is determined to be a better man worthy of Sebastian.

No, this book isn't deep or headache inducing with its mystery. It's all quite comical really, and I LOVED IT!!!! This was exactly the type of book I needed to make me laugh and just enjoy the silliness that is Sebastian getting into trouble.

My true enjoyment of this story isn't the mystery - it's the love between Calvin
Serena Yates
‘The Mystery of the Curiosities’ is just as exciting, suspenseful, mysterious, and cleverly written as the first book in the series. This time the mystery begins with a brick through Sebastian’s window and the message attached to it sets off a series of escalating events that had me breathless within a few chapters. The twists and turns never let up, and the only links between each “clue” the perpetrator leaves for Sebastian to find are curiosities from the lost museum of P.T. Barnum. The myster ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Fair Chance (All's Fair, #3)
  • Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • Tempest (Playing the Fool, #3)
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • Animal Instinct (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #2)
  • Bitter Legacy
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
C.S. Poe is a Lambda Literary and two-time EPIC award finalist, and a FAPA award-winning author of gay mystery, romance, and paranormal books.
She is a reluctant mover and has called many places home in her lifetime. C.S. has lived in New York City, Key West, and Ibaraki, Japan, to name a few. She misses the cleanliness, convenience, and limited-edition gachapon of Japan, but she was never very goo

Snow & Winter (4 books)
  • The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Moving Image (Snow & Winter, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter #4)