Start by marking “The Cowboy Who Came Calling (Texas Heroes, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy Who Came Calling (Texas Heroes, #2)

The Cowboy Who Came Calling

(Texas Heroes #2)

A Former Texas Ranger on a mission
A determined woman slowly losing her sight
A love neither could have predicted
...and a danger that may steal their happy ending before it can even begin.

Glory Day may be losing her vision, but that doesn't mean she'll ever stop fighting. Determined to provide for her struggling family, she confronts an outlaw with a price on his head. But w
Published February 6th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy Who Came Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy Who Came Calling

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really liked this book. I first read Linda Broday last year when I decided to pick up the first book in this series, Knight on the Texas Plains, which I ended up loving. I knew as soon as I saw this book that I would have to read it and I am glad that I did. I really had a wonderful time getting to know Glory, Luke, and all the other characters in this story and wanted to see them get their happy ending.

I loved the first meeting be
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

In The Cowboy Who Came Calling we have the second book in the Texas Heroes series. this book features a passionate and drama filled story that will definitely test your emotions and mood.

Our key players that take an active role are:

Glory Day, our heroine, who is starting to lose her vision and having to take charge of her family with her father sick and in jail.
Luke McClain, our hero, who is a ex Texas Ranger, he is on the hunt for a cri
Kristy K
2017 was the year of Linda Broday for me. This is my third book by her and after discovering her broken yet still courageous characters, I am officially a fan.

While the main plot of this story was a romance, I loved that the backbone was family. Glory works hard to keep her family afloat and she puts their comfort and lives above all else, including her health. But the familial love wasn't only one sided:
"Hope lay on the bed and stroked Glory's back. "You're the glue, the driving force, that ho
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboy Who Came Calling has it all, mystery, romance, and an inspirational message.
Every time I pick up a Linda Broday book, I’m reminded of how lucky I am to have her phenomenal books to grace my life. Books that definitely stand the test of time.
Ms. Broday has the ability to transport her readers back into the old West with stories that are heartwarming, edge of your seat drama with true to life dilemmas, that her readers relate too.
Glory’s one tough lady and her only goal is to protect
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2BiJa9R

The Cowboy Who Came Calling brought at all the feels. Yall, it was seriously tugging at my heard.

The Gist: Welp, when you accidentally shoot a stranger out on the range you're mighty obliged to bring him home and patch him back up. Manners and all that. And sometimes, well, you end up stuck with him and his handsome meddling self.

Goodness. Luke and Glory I loved them. They do not have easy lives but these two have backbo
Hebby Roman
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The Cowboy Who Came Calling" was one of those few books I would call "keepers." What I mean by that, is this is a book, so filled with heartwarming characters, heart-stopping romance, and important "life-lessons" that it can be read over and over. It's one of those books that grabs you from the very beginning and doesn't let you go.
I'm especially in awe of what the heroine overcomes in her personal life and how such a delicate subject (no spoilers here) is deftly handled by the author.
This has
Betül
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

After reading and enjoying the first book in the Texas Heroes series, I knew I wanted to get my hands on Luke's book. I probably have mentioned it a couple of times, but I am going to do it again: Historical Western Romances are my not-so-guilty pleasures. I have devoured hundreds of them already, and still can't get enough of them. However, I am pickier with my choices. Let's get back to this book. I enjoyed it but didn't l
Jacqui Nelson
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glory Marie Day and her sisters are mesmerizing but Glory definitely leads the pack! She's a perfect mixture of tough but vulnerable. She faces more than her fair share of challenges but although they may get her down for a while, she never gives up. It didn't take long before I was rooting for Glory as wholeheartedly as if I were one of her sisters. Then along comes Luke McClain and I found another character to love. The setting sucked me in as well. This is one heck of a great read.
Michelle
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These McClain men.... Oh do I fall hard for them. Luke was amazing in his devotion, his determination, his care and attention to Glory, her family, and the situations surrounding them. Almost to a fault. That poor guy! But he embodied his beliefs and his love wholeheartedly. I adored him 110%.

Glory both had my affection and drove me nuts with her stubbornness. Her strength and her ability to never give up or give in were hugely admirable. I just wish she would have saved both her and Luke some p
Dale
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Veda
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linda Broday, I loved this book. I felt every emotion reading this book. I felt the despair that Glory felt, and the anger, regret that Luke felt. This book, had mystery, addiction, and lots of love. Love for a husband, love for family, and new love.
Knowing a little of your background made this book mean even more to me. I am so glad that you recovered and continue to write such awesome books. Now more then ever, I can't wait for Marley's story, and to catch up with the rest of the family.
Toni
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong female lead is so nice to read. Glory overcame so much in this stiry, and I hope the sisters get a story of their own. Patience is everyone's annoying little sister and quite fun! I loved like as well, fighting his own battles and get pulling through for them. I really enjoyed it.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Glory's worse fear has happened. Sh'e loosing her sight. Her family depends on her in so many ways, that the burden is practically too much to handle. And her secret is too hard to keep from everyone. Luke is an answer to prayers, question is who was praying for him. Glory surely didn't. She fights what they might have with all that she has. Lucky for her, Luke is a very patient man.
Patty Nobles
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linda Broday is a consummate storyteller who can create magic with her words that will transport the reader to any place and time that she chooses to take them. “The Cowboy Who Came a Calling” is one such masterpiece where the reader is immersed in the late 1880’s in Santa Anna Texas. Glory Marie Day has a hard life with her father in prison for a crime he did not commit, providing for her family and trying to not lose her family’s farm, she finds herself willing to do whatever it takes; even go ...more
Yvonne Wohlfeil
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! It's a great love story. Luke trying to clear his name and Glory thing to hold her family together makes excellent reading. Linda tells a great story! can't wait til the next book. I gave it 5 Stars!!
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Glory’s one tough lady and her only goal is to protect
Elaine Hathaway
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very touching story about the Day family, who's father is locked away for a crime he didn't commit. A handsome cowboy torn with love for his sister in law,he does't think he will ever find a love as his sister in law jessie. A accident that brings the eldest Day daughter and the cowboy together and he ends up falling for her, but she doesn't think she deserves his heart. Due to the fact she is losing her sight, without her sight, how will she take care of her mother and younger sister's , how ...more
Glenda Kinard
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Linda Broday brings this reader's heart to happy tears I can never sing this author's praise enough!!! Not only does she bring me such joy with her books but I thank God in Heaven my life paths crossed hers. Her characters not only encompass the written page they leap from it into your heart and so Luke McClain and Glory Day along with her family have nestled a place in my heart. This book is not one to be missed I am definitely counting down the days to when I once again get to feast ...more
Donna Foster
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
A historical romance with a sense of fun, playfulness and mystery.
Teresa
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This had everything I envision in a "perfect" romance. That it's a western only made it better. Handsome, strong and tough, gritty cowboy heroes. Beautiful, equally strong, smart, equally gritty heroines. A beautifully written, flowing storyline that was as quick to make you laugh as turn right around and make you cry. Love and loss, fear, joy, hate, evil, good and faith: Linda Broday masterfully nailed it within these pages. I will end by quoting a reference made by Linda, " Texas Rangers are s ...more
Kathleen
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: western romance readers, fans of Linda Broday
Shelves: western-romance
Bravo, Linda Broday, for not giving in to the temptation to wrap up the novel in a tidy little package by resorting to deux ex machina magic. To be true to the story, sometimes issues can't be resolved in a way that leaves everyone healthy, happy, and living under a rainbow. What a pleasant change of pace to see a romance author acknowledge that.

Two big issues that belabor the characters throughout the story conclude in less-than-perfect-for-the-characters yet fulfilling-for-readers ways. These
Cricket
The Cowboy Who Came Calling
By Linda Broday

I can never rave enough about Linda Broday’s books. She is an author with a very special talent, she knows people and the Wild, Wild West. The book, “The Cowboy Who Came Calling,” is no exception. There are so many twists and turns in this book that you have fun keeping up with Luke and Glory, are they on or are they off. Her characters are real. You can lose yourself in them and become them. Her bad guys are truly bad and exemplify the evil we still see
Lourdes
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was super cute and fun! I loved it and Glory and Luke were just adorable! Gah! It was a really fun western romance. I’ll be posting my review closer to the rerelease date! I prefer this cover compared to the old one hahahah so I’m glad this is the current cover! If you love cute western romances I highly suggest checking it out!
Hannah
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC REVIEW

The Cowboy Who Came Calling is book two of Linda Broday's Texas Heroes series. Technically you can read this as a stand alone but I personally felt like I was missing something important about Luke. I didn't really care for the fact that he was in love with his brother's wife at the beginning of the book, it just seemed unnecessary especially how adamit he was about, pardon my bastardization of the bard here but the Cowboy doth proclaim to loudly even if it was only to himself, it alm
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Another great read by Linda Broday that won't disappoint. You'll love Glory Day, the eldest sister of a struggling family that is being shunned my their hometown after her father was sent to prison for murder. Glory is one of three sisters and the daughter of a woman that seems to have lost her mind and her will to live after her husband was sent to prison. Glory has taken to wearing britches to take on the role as man of the family. She has the weight of the world on her shoulders as she spends ...more
Jerri
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Texas history comes alive with this story. The choices made for family are gut renching. A man has pride, but his heart is taken by this strong woman. Their struggles are highly emotional. Full of action, emotion, and so much humor, you will not want to stop reading until the end. Patience will drive you batty with her antics and that mouth. Glory works through her challenges and her heart for Luke. Luke is a man that has commitment to his sense for justice and to make right the wrongs around hi ...more
Tonya Cherry
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW.!!!!

OMG... I knew I couldn't wait for Luke's story....It captures you from the very beginning.. I won't go into plot. Don't want to ruin it for others.. But this book touches the heart.. Another winner from Linda Broday.... I'm amazed. How effortlessly the words come...
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous book! Linda Broday has given her readers an inspirational love story of Faith, unexpected fears, and forgiveness. Luke and Glory's story is witty, funny, and addictive. The Cowboy Who Came Calling, teaches us in order to love someone and trust in their love isn't from what we see on the outside, but what we feel from the inside of our most deepest soul. Seeing is believing, but believing is knowing true love. A Wonderful book of courage.
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kazia
May 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the story was rather boring and the characters annoying, especially Glory. And every time I thought there would be some redeeming quality, the writing would revert back to an annoying piece.

• This Gun for Hire (McKenna Brothers, #1)
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Texas Tall
  • Restless Heart (Heart, #2)
  • Redemption (Beartooth, Montana, #2)
  • Wild Violet
  • The Bluebird (Wings of the West Book 5)
  • Last Chance Cowboys: The Outlaw (Where the Trail Ends, #3)
  • Prairie Desire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #3)
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • Loveland
  • Walker's Wedding (The Western Sky Series, #3)
  • Gideon (Devils on Horseback, #5)
  • The Wanting Heart
  • The Double Cross (Spanish Brand, #1)
  • Do Not Forsake Me (Outlaw Hearts, #2)
  • Mail Order Baron (Brides of Tombstone, #3)
  • Dust Devil
I'm a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of historical western romance. I live in the Texas Panhandle on land they call the Llano Estacado where the Native Americans and Comancheros once roamed and I can often hear their voices whispering in the wind. History is thick here with the ghosts of the people who settled this land. I love writing western historical romance and can't imagine ...more

Texas Heroes (3 books)
  • Knight on the Texas Plains (Texas Heroes #1)
  • To Catch a Texas Star (Texas Heroes, #3)