Start by marking “Entombed (Improper Burials, #1)” as Want to Read:
Entombed (Improper Burials, #1)

Entombed (Improper Burials, #1)

It’s hard being the daughter of a serial killer. Especially when your father has a lot of sick, twisted fans…

Camille West is the daughter of the infamous Body in the Barrel Killer, the maniac who entombed his victims in large steel barrels after days of torture. When she reluctantly returns to her hometown to take care of her ailing mother, there is a surprise waiting in h
Published August 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Entombed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entombed

Literati Literature Lovers
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Murder Mystery

A really good Kindle Unlimited read.
Journalist Cammy West returns to the small town of her birth and her father’s infamous crimes, only to acquire a stalker. Nothing in this small town is as it seems and Cammy learns that trusting could get her dead.
Solidly written small town murder mystery that kept me guess until the end. Plus there was a romantic story line that sizzled without overshadowing the suspense.
Chuck Barksdale
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for this honest review.

Camille West, after 10 years, decides to return to her hometown to write about the awful murders and other damage done by her father. She hires a private detective to help her gather information for the book not realizing until she meets him that he is Jake Musgrove, a former professor and boyfriend who left his teaching job to do detective work.

Camille’s world changes immediately upon arrival in town w
BP34
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Wow talk about suspenseful and fast paced. No shortage of drama or danger. Well written with great characters and a strong storyline. A dark thriller with lots of mystery. Cammie is the daughter of a famous serial killer who put his victims in barrels. She left her home town ten years ago in an effort to get away from the horrible memories. Forced to return to take care of her sick mother, she is greeted with a dark surprise. A barrel with a body and a promise. Her old flame Jake has always regr
Sharon Francis
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced thrill of a ride with some funny humor and sexy innuendos. Camille the daughter of the notorious body in a barrel serial killer returns home after 10 years to look after her sick mother. Jake a sexy P.I. regrets letting Camille slip through his fingers he is determined to win her back but first he has to keep her alive from the crazed copy cat killer who has already left her one body with the promise that her time will come.
Can Jake keep her safe solve the murders and win ba
Stephanie Smith
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, dark and gripping read. The story grabbed you by the throat at the very beginning and didn't let go! It was intense, action packed and kept you guessing to the end.

The characters were great, and I find it hard to say whether my favourite was the troubled yet sincere heroine (Cammy), the firecracker detective Turner with the sailor's language, or the sweet yet devious, rule-braking hero (Jake).... Ok yes it has to be Jake!!

It you like an intense whodunnit thriller with fast pace and
Erin McCoy
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good storyline and suspense

More a 4.5 star to me but worth more than a 4 in our limited options. A good read with a unique storyline. Cammy's character was fairy well developed but we didn't learn anything about Jake's besides their relationship. The suspense was great and There were a couple twists at the end that I didn't see coming. Everything tied together well.

There were a couple inconsistencies that were pretty minor. A couple derogatory jokes were in there that I thought were pretty offen
Jacinta Carter
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this novel. On one hand, it's a fairly decent thriller, well-written, and pretty exciting. On the other hand, I called the major plot twist on page 15. I also have an issue with the whole "damaged woman falls for the somewhat brutish man because his violent side arouses her" thing. And the "intelligent woman walks away from her success and job because the man-child she's sleeping with wants her to stay in the small town where she'll have no real career opportunities" ...more
Tam
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entombed kept me entranced!

WOW! THIS is how I like my psychological thrillers! The characters were complex and multi-layered. The plot was absolutely riveting, creatively unique and satisfyingly fast paced. There was a nice balance of intrigue, humorous banter, suspense and romantic spark. If this is how Parker starts a series, I can't wait to see how she finishes one. This is a barrel full of thrills not to be missed!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this story in order to read and provide a v
Bev
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read, own-it
This story is about a daughter who after much thought has decided to write a book about her father....a serial killer. Little does she know that by doing so she is putting herself in danger by a copycat killer. The characters in this book are extremely well written. There is humor, and mystery. I love the way this author writes and will be getting more of her books! I received ARC of this book. The review is voluntary and of my own opinion.
Teresa Collins
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author at my request and voluntarily chose to review. Entombed is an fast-paced mystery, with humor, suspense, a little romance, everything you want to find in a great story. The characters are much more than one-dimensional and quickly become people you can care about. Entombed is my favorite kind of book-one I hate to see come to an end!
ebsTx
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twisty mystery

I enjoyed the unexpected twists in the story. The romance that developed was good, too. The main characters are strong and vibrant. Looking forward to more stories in the series.
Karen Sebeika
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a thrill ride

This book grabs you right away and keeps you guessing till the end loved the back and forth between Jake and office Turner canny was a strong character as well can t wait to read the next book
Carol Garth
Lynn DeWitt
Jan 01, 2018
Renee M
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great suspense book.
I loved it from beginning to end. Tune only disappointment is that it ended.
Never expected the outcome.
Grab this book! Asap