Start by marking “The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter” as Want to Read:
The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

Maggie Hunter is living the life she's always wanted.

Her career is taking off and, thanks to Japanese straightening
technology, her hair is lying down. The commitment-phobic
Maggie even has a serious boyfriend, Max. Smart, caring and
funny, Max is practically perfect. There's just one problem:
he's adamant that it's time for Maggie to move in.

Maggie's not sure she's ready to
Published June 26th 2007 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger by Beth HarbisonThe Second Wives Club by Jane MooreHedge Fund Wives by Tatiana BoncompagniOtherwise Engaged by Suzanne FinnamoreArm Candy by Jill Kargman
Ring Box
10 books — 4 voters
Tell Us We're Home by Marina BudhosClaire DeWitt and the Bohemian Highway by Sara GranThe Ex by Alafair BurkeThree Bedrooms In Chelsea by Liz IrelandA Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
Yale Keys
14 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Lauryn
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sigaloff's writing style was refreshing in comparison to the typical YA novels I find myself reading. The story itself didnt deliver anything refreshing or exciting, however. Nothing worth noting happened in this book until the last 100 (possibly less) pages. If you're okay trudging through 300+ pages of unnecessary events and scenes, by all means, be our guest. I cant say you'll finish the novel feeling good and like you hadnt wasted your time. If it weren't for trying to reach my book goal thi ...more
Allie rademacher
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fresh-start
Not my taste in a book
Sheri Lind
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was waaaaaaay too long. It could have been told with at least 100 less pages. It started VERY slow and and was very hard to get into. It wasn't until somewhere in the 300's pages that I finally felt like I had to finish reading just so I could find out what happened. There were completely needless plot points and I found it hard to care about several characters. I was not invested in them at all. I normally LOVE British authors but this story left much to be desired.
Shaun
Jun 23, 2009 rated it liked it
I would have to say this book I did like, but I found myself arguing with the characters in my head (but why do this, as this is a chick lit book?). Are we really that divided? Either we want to be in a long-term committed relationship or we want to be fiercely independent. Why can't we do both? But yeah, totally on the Red Dress kick right now. Something light and fluffy.
Judy
Aug 28, 2007 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic book! I was very intimadated by the actual size of the book; but it turned out to be a great read. Nothing seems so far fetched in this novel because the author writes so well. The only downside is the ending leaves you wanting more!
Sharon
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
I got 140 pages into this book and just stopped reading it because I really did not care about any of the characters. I like all the other books by this author that I have read, but this was just boring.
Carol
Sep 22, 2010 rated it liked it
An amusing story, very English. I enjoyed the relationship between Maggie and her best friend Eloise.
Morg
Apr 23, 2012 added it
I made the mistake of reading this as my first chick lit book, frankly, it has deterred me from reading any more of the genre.
Kelly
Jan 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really like this one. There was really no surprise, but it was enjoyable to read.
Aparna
Jan 03, 2010 rated it did not like it
Horrible ... didnt like the book at all. Read like 10 pages and was already dozing off!! a big NO NO...
De Jr.
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Still n the middle of reading it, but it's witty, humorous and very real.....I'm truly enjoying....
Robin
Oct 11, 2007 marked it as titlemania
Recommends it for: the void
I ask you, who would seriously give a book this title?
Elissa
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2008
Not a bad book, just far too long for what the story was. Good characters, although I did want to smack Maggie for some of her stupidity.
Aviva
Nov 10, 2007 rated it liked it
Just a pleasant read. I can totally identify with Maggie's fear of commitment back in my single days.
Debbiedoesdctoo
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Horrible. I wanted to bitch slap the main character. Actually I can't say I liked any if them.
Bridget
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I liked this even more than I expected. The blurb on the back made it pretty predictable, so I was surprised there was no startling twist at the end. Loved it anyway.
Melinda
Jun 03, 2009
Jill
Oct 22, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Tart
  • Joyride
  • The Dairy Queen
  • The Last Year of Being Single
  • Killer Summer
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Sleeping Over
  • Fashionistas
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3)
  • So Much For My Happy Ending