Start by marking “Sir (Awakening #1)” as Want to Read:
Sir (Awakening #1)

Sir (Awakening #1)

ebook, Advance Readers Copy
Published August 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Sir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir

Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. The heroine is a waitress, so I guess the coffee cup is somewhat representative of the story. The OCD graphics designer in me is annoyed that the steam from the coffee cup extends past that bar under the title. The title work is good though.description

descriptionSigh...unfortunately the author never got me to warm up to the hero in this one. After the nasty introduction where he brags in his inner thoughts about all the pussy he gets being an actor and the details about how he got his first BJ at 14
Kathleen R.
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

5 amazing stars

This book was a breath of fresh air. It seems like forever since the last book i read where the most 'action' our heroes get is only a kiss, and it's refreshing. Don't get me wrong, any BDSM novel has some of the kinkiet scenes i've had the pleasure to read, but it's rare that i get to sit back and simply enjoy the chase and the anticipation of being able to be intimate. D.L. Hess absolutely made me feel these two and can't wait to find out what's to happen to them.

3 cuddl
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Who doesn't love a naughty Hollywood star? I certainly love them and Sir is no exception! Tori is a lost soul. Stuck in a no where town, working as a diner waitress after giving up her dreams for the man she thought she was in love with. When it turns out he's nothing but a spoiled liar it's too late and she's stuck. Luckily she meets her best friend and savior Elizabeth, so while she maybe trapped in this town she's got good friends and a roof over her head.

Nate is not happy to be back in the r
For the love  Of romance
This was a great start to the series. And I have to warn you this book will definitely end on a cliffhanger. So be warned if you are a cliffy hater.
Nate and Tori's story is actually sweet. Nate ran away from his hometown and his abusive father and swore he will never return. Until he has to direct his first movie and the set is there. Tori is out of a bad relationship and is putting her life together.
Obviously, considering the title, you would have guessed Nate is a dom and Tori a sub. So in t
Dana
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just a taste but oh so delicious

Great story, leaves you wanting more. Love the heroine. And the hot hero, yum. Can't wait for the other books to get released.
RP Wool
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Addictive...interesting, intense and sexy. I read it in one sitting and can't wait for more!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Sir' by D. L. Hess is the first book in the new series called "The Awakening". This is the story of Tori and Nate. Tori got involved with Brady and they had a relationship which side track Tori from going to College. Brady and her ended up in Boden, Louisiana. There they started having a on agaiof again relationship. Brady just slept around. Tori tried to stay strong by not going out with him each time he came back but always seemed to fail.
Nate was born in Boden, Louisiana but left as soon as
Barbara
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Absolutely loved this story. The author has written a great storyline with characters that you can believe in and relate to.

Nate, a Hollywood actor and 1 of 4 brothers all from the town of Boden, Louisiana, has returned to direct a movie in his home town. A town he couldn't wait to get out of years ago. But what he doesn't count on is meeting Tori, a waitress in the local diner who Nate finds himself instantly attractive to.

Tori has been mistreated by her boyfriend and come out of it a much s
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A hot, sweaty, sexy, SINFUL mess that left me utterly breathless! This book was full of unstoppable surprises. Shocking ones and good ones, and even a few naughty ones that left me completely flabbergasted in a VERY good way. When I get a book that shocks me stupid in such a way that I can't find words, I take that as a good thing and is very exciting.

This story had me up down and in between. It was edgy, sexy, a bit angst-y and perfect! I have a new favorite a
Michelle
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sir by D. L. Hess

I voluntarily reviewed this ARC.

Book 1
Sir is an amazing seduction. It's the hill leading up to the drop on a roller coaster. Anticipation and adrenaline fill you click by click, page by page. Then just as your cresting the top and about to go down the hill, the end!
But that's ok...I have book 2;)
So, sorry to make this short, but I'm itching to get to book 2.
This book...um yea, I recommend it so much!!!
MammieBabbie
A sweet slow burn contemporary romance with lots of promise...

I always get really excited about a taboo story, and when I read the blurb for  Sir that is most certainly how I felt— excited and giddy. I expected it to be a full length novel, with a cliff hanger at the end and a lot of filth in between covers. However, this was actually a rather short story, personally it felt like a prologue to the the series. I wouldn't even really say it is novella length, I wouldn't say that this was a problem
Books Laid Bare
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a debut novel, I think this was a terrific book and as the first of a series this certainly left me looking for more…so congratulations to the author for kicking it off in style.
But one word of warning…there is a doozy of an ending in this book that doesn’t just creep up on you…Oh no this one has ninja skills and it completely caught me unawares. By the time I realised that the end had arrived I was ready to back track just to make sure that I hadn’t missed out on anything, I think I was read
Wit & Wonder Books
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Sir by the talented D.L. Hess has brought us a steamy glimpse of a series that will only have you wanting more by the end. A small town waitress meets Hollywood’s sexiest man alive… wonder how that scenario ends up?!

Tori Wilson has ended up in Boden, LA after escaping from a negative past. Ever since she has found a job and a roof over her head she can’t seem to get away. Working at the Finewhile Diner, she can’t believe her eyes
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Tori is trying to make the best of a situation gone wrong. When following her heart has left her basically homeless and broke, a stroke of luck has her ending up in the Finewhile Diner. Now she is a waitress, still stuck in this town but at least she has someone in her corner, a job, and a roof over her head. When one day movie star Nate Stone walks in, and proceeds to make her insides quiver. This is the last thing she needs, she has already been down the popular guy
Sharon
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m on the fence with this one. I’m not normally thrilled with slow burn reads and this one is more flirty than any action. The flirty was good, but it really leaves you wanting more. There are so many unanswered questions and the book appears to be setting up to seamlessly not only complete Nate and Toni’s story but also his brothers. There are so many ways for this series to go.

Toni is working at a diner after following her boyfriend back to his home town. Things haven’t worked out, said boyfr
Cloud
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, kindle
LOVE IT! Oh my gosh, was this ever a joy to read! I absolutely loved getting to know the main character and what brought her to such a sleepy little town, I really felt and understood her. I thought the pacing and character development were spot on and answered just enough questions to satisfy me and get a feel for her while not bogging down the story and keeping some things for a later reveal. The main heartthrob was a pleasure getting to know. Finding out about his past, his family, and what m ...more
Sassy Southern
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good starter book. In this book you have Tori and Nate. Tori is a waitress at her friends diner. She had hopes to leave the crappy town that she lives in but screwed it up when she met Brady Broden. Luckily Elizabeth gave her a job and has helped her out alot. Right when she feels like she needs to do something in her life to change it, walks in Nate. He doesnt expect to find anything in this town. He walked away from it 12 yrs ago. It represents everything he hates. But he find ...more
Nancy Metsch
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** Spoiler free review**
Nate Stone grew in Boden Louisiana, and he couldn'yt get away fast enough. Which he did on grad night.
Tori Wilson is with the wrong guy for aong time. she's meek and submits to his every whim. His name is Brady Boden.
This book was a really fast read. Tori is now a take no prisoners lady ot at least tries to be. Nate is now a very popular Actor in California. Though he vowed to never returm to Boden he does. Wait until you read this book
Ginger Bookaholic
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting debut novel for sure. D. L. Hess's Sir is a book full of intiguing twists - some unexpected, some slightly expected.

The story evolves around particulary naughty Hollywood star and a girl whose dating experience isn't all that bright.

There were a lot of steamy and naughty parts that were amazing to read! I enjoyed the way D. L. Hess writes them!

Overall I would give the book 4 stars and I'm truly looking forward to more!

Greer Hopkins
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I enjoyed this debut novel. A fun beach read and enjoyably escapist. I don't normally review and Romance novels aren't my normal genre but someone I know recommended the author and I am glad I picked it up. Looking forward to the next installments

My only complaint was there was a lot of exposition up front to set the scene (why I would give it truly a 3.5). Characters' thoughts, motivations, entire life histories, etc. before the plot started. It could have been worked into the narrative along t
Lapis
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and flirty from the first, with engaging and sympathetic characters who possess warmth, sincerity and charm. D.L.Hess has combined a burgeoning atmosphere of sensuality and a cliffhanger ending to leave the reader (and Tori) wanting more.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
This book was a teaser. i want so much more than what I got. It grabbed my attention and held it until I got to the end and I was left feeling lost. I can't wait for the next book to come to find out how it all works out.
Jennifer Alexander
Dominique
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read

One of my new favs!!! If you liked 50shades of gray then you will love Sir! I can’t wait for book 3!!!! Let’s go Hess! Lease out book 3 out
Kristen
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, own-ebooks, 2017
This is perfect for fans of contemporary romance, or for someone looking for a fun, guilty pleasure.
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! My only complaint was I got to the end so fast and still wanted to read more - couldn't wait for volume 2!
Vicki Jumont
Sep 23, 2017
Liliana Camarena
Sep 25, 2017
Jennifer Mitsada
Aug 24, 2017
Sarah Walker
Oct 25, 2017
D.L. Hess picked up her first romance novel when she was ten years old. It was Judith McNaught’s Once and Always, and she spent all night hiding in the closet and reading. It left an imprint, an imprint she hopes to leave with you.

D.L. Hess grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and now goes between her hometown and Los Angeles. Her partner-in-crime is a nine pound Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix named Busby
“I’m not going to deny that I want to fuck you. I can’t promise a future or that I’ll be some sniveling boyfriend who pines away after you once I go back to L.A. But I will say that I have plans for you if you say yes.

“I can promise you that I’m going to take you to new heights that you’ve never imagined. That I’ll make you feel pleasure so intense that you forget your name. I’ll fuck you so good, for so long that the only thing you’ll crave is my hands on your skin, my cock deep in your pussy.

“If you let me, Tori, I’ll open up a whole new world to you. I’ll make you fly.”
9 likes
“I look at him and my body reacts in a way that it never has before, even in the throes of passion. I look at him and I start aching so deep inside it takes all I can to think, to breathe, to speak. He’s like the brightest flame and it takes everything in me to resist its call.

I know that if I give in, I’ll get burned so deeply, there might be nothing left once I come out the other side.

But, god, I want to step into that flame.”
6 likes