Start by marking “Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective, Volume 1

Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective, Volume 1

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
"Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective will surprise some, shock others, and unleash a flood of speculation about what has happened to James Gustafson. The answer quite simply is nothing has happened to Gustafson except that he has now turned his attention to developing his constructive theological position, and we should all be very glad. . . . In this, the first of two v ...more
Published September 15th 1983 by University Of Chicago Press (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethics from a Theocentric Perspective, Volume 1

Megan
Mar 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Read this for class... I've decided after a bit of debate that class books are OK additions to goodreads, if they're something I would have wanted to read anyhow.

That said, after spending many hours with this book (the end result of that being the writing of an unfortunately mediocre paper) I find myself using Gustafson's language to express my own beliefs about God and God's relation to the world... "the power that bears down up us and sustains us" remains both apt and poignant.

I'm waiting for
Katherine francis
Aug 22, 2008 rated it liked it
This book says that God is so amazing and huge and wonderful that nothing else matters.....not Christ or other religions. But it really can be good for affirming that Sovereignty of God bit. THe best part is that it seems as though he uses Calvin to validate everything (which works for many Presbyterians). Poor Calvin- would turn over in his grave. I enjoyed reading it because it was so crafty.
Carl C.