Start by marking “Missing at 17” as Want to Read:
Missing at 17

Missing at 17

In this suspenseful and romantic teen thriller based on the “can’t pull your eyes away” series on Lifetime, one girl discovers that no matter how far you run from your problems, they will always find you.

For most of Candace’s life she never felt like she completely belonged. But nothing could prepare her for the shocking discovery that her parents have been concealing the
Published May 1st 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Missing at 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing at 17

Sarah {Literary Meanderings}

- - -
* 2.5 stars *

**THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS**

Missing at 17 is quite a misleading title when it comes to the actual story within.

Candace, our MC, does not actually go “missing”, as such—she runs away from home and her parents report her missing. She is found after two to three days. It isn't all that dramatic, lol.

So, this story is about Candace, as stated. She finds out some upsetting news—something her parents have been hiding from he
Emily
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jazmen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Missing at 17 reads as the lifetime movie it’s mentioned to emulate.

The title and cover are misleading in that they give you this idea—that you’re going to read a story about a girl/guy that’s gone missing—not quite!

The story is a tale of a girl who discovers a shocking secret—that changes the direction of her life.

She runs away, and in her running—she meets Toby—who seems to get her in a way no one has before.

To call it thrilling or suspenseful—is a reach. No parts of the story are either th
Michelle
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Missing at 17 is a very easy read. The main character, Candace, is dealing with an emotionally traumatizing discovery, and we follow her journey as she works through turmoil, betrayal, romance, and (sometimes dangerous) consequences. Candace felt incredibly real and complex, and I appreciated that the book focused on her emotional journey rather than get mired in the typical plot-heavy thriller acrobatics that are common in YA novels. Highly recommend!
Bethany
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
When Candice, better known as Candy, discovers that she's adopted, she feels betrayed and angry. These negative emotions make her want to run away. Before she knows it, she winds up in a stanger's car who she learns is Toby.

Candy feels an instant connection to Toby that she doesn't understand. He's had a troubled past and is reluctant to tell her exactly what he does for a living, but it doesn't matter. Candy feels happy with Toby and in her mind, that's all she needs. However, the happiness can
Amber (Books of Amber)
Missing At 17 really wasn’t the right book for me. First of all, I was expecting an intense thriller, but the story was more of a relaxed contemporary. That would be fine if a) I had been expecting it, and b) it was written well. But it wasn’t.

I also hated the romance in this book. The male love interest comes off as controlling and overbearing, and I couldn’t get over my dislike for him. I was expecting the author to address these character traits and have the main character grow from the relat
Vannie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
1/5

DNF

I just couldn't further into this book. The writing was even worse in this book to the PREGNANT AT 17 novel. And just by how the main girl is whiny and selfish and ANNOYING, to the "wow, you are really going on the easy route by being cliche af", I really couldn't do this book. It was like impossible for me not to roll my eyes. I didn't want to waste my time.
Bookworm LLC
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cindy-bookshelf
Missing at 17 is a teen book about a gal named Candace who thought she had a good home life until she discovered a shocking secret that pushed her over the edge.

Is the life she ran away from worth fighting for? Is the life she ran to better for her and her future?

You will have to read to find out.

This is the first book I have read by Christine Conradt but it won't be my last.
Maddy Max
(2,5)

It was good, don't get me wrong. This book definitely kept me company during my insomnia last night. But I don't know, the story didn't completely reach me. I mean,it was good but it could have been so much better! So I must confess that I'm a little disappointed.

*ARC provided by edelweiss in exchange of an honest review.*
Cassie
Aug 14, 2018
Marissa Hall
Aug 31, 2018
  • Run, Hide, Fight Back
  • Cavern of the Blood Zombies (Grave Robbers' Chronicles)
  • The Big Reap (The Collector, #3)
  • Blood Call
  • Dare You to Lie
  • Secret Histories (Young Repairman Jack, #1)
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 27 (Samurai Deeper Kyo)
  • Borderland
  • Butterfly
  • Black Feathers
  • Untitled (Flirting in Italian, #3)
  • Copycat
  • Stranger
  • 806
  • Express Yourself: A Teen Girl’s Guide to Speaking Up and Being Who You Are
  • Confessions of a Teenage Leper
  • Guten Morgen, Dornröschen! 01
  • Are You Still There
Originally from Nebraska, Christine Conradt moved to Los Angeles at eighteen years old to attend the University of Southern California, where she obtained a BFA in screenwriting. She worked briefly in development before making a name for herself as a screenwriter, producer, and director. Focused on writing thrillers and crime dramas, Christine went on to receive an MA in criminal justice from Bost ...more