Start by marking “His Heart (HIS, #7)” as Want to Read:
His Heart (HIS, #7)

His Heart

(HIS #7)

From Romantic Suspense BEST-SELLING Author: What happens when a man is called to protect the woman who captured then crushed his heart? In Sheila Kell’s story of danger and second chances, two people are connected by a painful past and a love that is threatened.

His heart is hers.

Eight years earlier, Matt Hamilton gave away his heart only to have that love snatched away.
Published September 5th 2017 by Cunningham Books

Start your review of His Heart (HIS, #7)
Sara Oxton
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
His Heart by Sheila Kell a heart rending four-star read. This is the seventh book in the His series and each book can be read a stand-alone, but I would recommend you read them in order to get the whole story and enjoy it. The series as a whole builds up and makes each story better. The journey this book will take you on, it’s a story of second chance love and Matt and Caitlyn’s story is one that you can imagine and understand. I enjoyed how Matt and Caitlyn were the main characters, but there a ...more
D
Kathryn Linke
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
His Heart is the seventh title in the His series, although it can be read as a standalone, this series is incredibly captivating. Matt and Caitlyn's story is a second chance romance, with equal parts suspense, heart and heat.

Ms Kell has crafted a pair of characters that embody strength. Caitlyn and Matt are both survivors and very endearing. Much like his siblings in the previous titles Matt is a very protective, caring alpha.

Told in a dual point of view, this romantic suspense is full of twis
Ann-Maree Howarth
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book seven of the series but the very first one for me and I must say I really enjoyed this story. I will have to take a look at the other books in this series as some of the characters in this one were very interesting and I would love to learn more about them. You could guess at some of the plot and story lines but it was the journey that had you turning the page wanting more. This is a story about finding a second chance at love and of life in which you will feel emotions for both of ...more
book_luv_r
Predictable romantic suspense. Nothing new here.
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book, that I write a review was not required, but you know I gotta!

Book 7 in the series, and you don't need to have read the others, but you SHOULD. Not least because I said so! But because they are all really good books! Ms Kell continues to grow in her skill and it SHOWS!! But also, you'd get a better picture about the Hamilton siblings and what they have been through.

Matt, younger twin to Brad, has had his fill of family weddings and his dad's wedding gives him t
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'His Heart' by Sheila Kell is Book Seven in the "His" series. This is the story of Matt Hamilton and Caitlyn Robinson. I have read the previous book in this series but feel this can be a standalone book.
Matt and Caitlyn become engaged about 8 years ago but Caitlyn was attacked and broke of the engagement. When Matt tried to find her she was gone and her father wouldn't tell him where she went. Now 8 years latter after several family weddings, Matt feels he wants to try to talk to Caitlyn again
Kat

In Book 7 its time for one of the twins to finally get his girl, Matt has always been a bit of a mystery in the other books, quiet, broody compared to his brash Twin.
I would like to mention before I go on that this story involves Rape although it's not described in graphic detail, I thought this should be mentioned for any readers where this may impact them.
I found that the author Sheila Kell has written the book in a way that, concentrates on the feelings and consequences to both Caitlyn and M
Di
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My heart was pounding and at times it felt like my heart was being ripped out but Sheila Kell writes a story that as my heart was ripping the author put it back together piece by piece. The story of Matt and his ex fiancée, Caitlyn, recounting why they broke up and the heart wrenching journey they both endured to be finally brought back together after she is threatened once again. She forgives him with what happened, the deplorable act that she endured but in the beginning Matt has a hard time f ...more
Clare
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 7th book in the HIS series by Sheila Kell. All the books are standalone stories but if you read them in order you get more of a feel for the Hamiltons and how as a family they all work and play together in each other's featured story.
I really loved Matt & Cailyn's story and I am truly astounded at how much detail and research must have gone into this book to make the story feel more realistic, especially Caitlyn's job of running the charity that trains service dogs to help veterans i
Melanie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HIS Heart is a second chance story about the first of the Hamilton twins, Matt, and his ex fiancé, Caitlyn. Matt has thought of Caitlyn ever since they split up, he still loves her, and is getting closer to going to find her. Caitlyn has been hiding for 8 years since a horrific attack against her, had her lashing out at Matt and she drove him away. When Matt discovers a threat against her, he realises his time is up. He has to find her now, and this time he’s determined he’s not going to lose he ...more
Christyg
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Matt hasn't been in the spotlight much in the other stories in this series. There have been hints about his past and not being over Caitlyn. In His Heart, we finally learn what happened. Their relationship broke up after Caitlyn suffers a traumatic event. Another violent event causes Matt to finally comes face to face with Caitlyn. I enjoyed seeing how each of them moved on after their break up. It was even better to see them slowly learn about who they are now. The book had enough suspense to f ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance, trr
HIS Heart is the seventh book in the HIS series, and it is time for one of the twins to shine. In this case, it is Matt. Now, Matt had his heart broken eight years ago when Caitlyn pushed him away following a horrific attack. She was dealing with the situation as best she knew, but knew inside that blaming Matt and pushing him away wasn't right. Still, it didn't stop her from doing it. Matt carried the hurt and guilt that Caitlyn laid at his feet, and accepted it as his own. Just when he decides ...more
Kerry
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
This series keeps getting better and better! I love a good second chance romance, and this one was powerful. I feel that second chance romances only work when you can understand/sympathize with why they broke up originally. That was certainly the case here. They have both been through hell, but eight years later and the love is still there.

The romance is what I love about this series, but the suspense angle was great as well. There were twists and turns to keep things exciting, and I was surpris
BP34
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HIS HEART SHIELA KELL

This is the seventh book in the HIS romantic suspense series . It's not necessary to read the series in order but you will have a better insight if you do.
The series order is :
HIS DESIRE (Jesse & Kate)
HIS CHOICE (AJ & Megan)
HIS RETURN (Jake & Emily)
HIS CHANCE (Devon & Rylee)
HIS DESTINY (Trent & Kelly)
HIS FAMILY (Blake & Elizabeth) Novella
HIS HEART (Matt & Caitlyn) Sept 2017

This was the story of Caitlyn and Matt. They were engaged eight years ago and in this book they hav
Pamela Mitchell
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this riveting drama that was full of emotion, chilling suspense, complex characters, heartwarming second-chance romance and kept me glued to the book from the first word to the last. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to see what would happen next.

I fell in love with Matt Hamilton, former Navy SEAL, and his dynamic with the other characters, especially Caitlyn Robinson, founder of Helping Paws, a service dog training organization, and his ex-fiancée.

Even though this is the seventh b
Kari Hansen
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eight years ago an act violence changed Caitlyn’s life forever. She forced her fiancée, Matt, out of her life and ever since she doesn’t allow anyone close and tries to stay under the radar.

Matt has never moved on from his feelings for Caitlyn and keeps looking for her but now that he knows that she is in danger again nothing will stop him from finding her and keeping her safe.

I love these two characters as they have been through so much and Matt is so protective and understanding. This story is
Cassandra
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! That's all I can say about this book. Matt and Caitlyn's story is one you have got to read. Trust this reader when I say that this series gets better and better with each installment.
After being away from each other for eight years, and subsequently both blaming themselves for the tragedy that struck, and ripped them apart, Matt Hamilton and Caitlyn Robinson are thrown back together so he could be her bodyguard and protector. With the help of his brothers in the HIS (Hamilton Investigati
Beth
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am such a sucker for second chances! Although new to Sheila's writing and no familiarity with this series I was able to truly enjoy the story of Matt and Caitlyn. Beautifully told story of working your way through horrible trails in life and finding strength, renewed love and new purpose. Suspense threaded through out the story in a way that keeps you involved right to the end. Steamy love scenes with a romantic slant that was truly lovely. The only down side is that I have to go back and read ...more
Cheryl
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not read a book by Sheila Kell that I didn't like. This one touched me in so many aspects. I hesitate what to share because I don't want to give any spoilers. Love our men and women, great read. Love dogs, great read. Watching a women grow from a devastating incident, great read.

You can absolutely read this alone, but I agree you will enhance your enjoyment if you read them in order. I had no knowledge of SING, thank you for a suspenseful, xtra steamy (my least favorite part)
and informat
Kate_mrs539
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, I am really disappointed that this is the first Sheila Kell book I have ever read, say nothing about the first of this series.  Where have I been?

Loved this book.  It was engaging, and action packed and kept me on the edge the whole time.  The minute I thought I had it all figured out, I realized I didn't.  I love it when an author will keep me guessing.  There wasn't a single spot in this book that I was bored.

Personally for me, His Heart pulled at my heart strings.  I have my own Ve
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again, Ms Kell brings us another great story in her HIS series. This time it’s Matt Hamilton’s story and the love he lost 8 years ago, Caitlyn.
It’s a story filled with heartbreak, intrigue, bad guys, a strong alpha male, and a broken woman.
Will they survive the evil surrounding them, will there be a second chance for Matt and Caitlyn, or will it be good-bye?
Another well written story with complex plot and characters.
I was gifted this copy. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
April
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kell writes romantic suspense that will steam your windows.

The HIS series continues with His Heart - Matt's second chance at love with his former fiance. The characters are well defined and believable. The story is well written and suspenseful. The scenes are hot. I have enjoyed this series.

I highly recommend this book to fans of the romantic suspense genre who like a heavy dose of steam.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complementary copy of this book.
Nancy Kehl
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in the HIS series. I just love a story about a man that loves a woman and continues to love her even tho things happen and she pushes him out of her life. Coming back in to her life is an adjustment but he realizes he should have never left...and she realizes it too. Now he's in a fight to save her life and love her the rest of his life. If you like a book with mystery, love, and life grab this one...
Sarita
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I thought this would be your standard lovers separate, then reunite type of book with some suspense and action thrown in. Boy was I wrong!! I should have known that Ms. Kell would write a fantastic book with a few surprises thrown in -- especially a big one regarding Matt's background. This book really pulls at your emotions throughout for both characters. But in the end, this book is about overcoming tragedy and heartache, and being better for what one has to go through to get to that ...more
Helen McNabb
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book extremely cathartic, I felt every emotion that was written into this story.
An extremely tough subject matter is covered in this book and some may not be able to read it for that reason.
I loved the way both Matt and Caitlyn's perspectives are bought to light.
Well done Sheila, I loved it.

Read as an ARC, but have preordered my own copy.
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Matt Hamilton gave away his heart to Caitlyn Robinson, knowing that he would never love anyone else. But when a tragic event happens, she breaks his heart, and he's never been the same. Now eight years later, he's given the chance to protect her, and of course, he jumps at it, but he's not sure how she will react to seeing him again. Caitlyn has never gotten over Matt, but the attack that happened had her blaming him, however, now that she's healed some, she knows it wasn't his fault. But she's ...more
Laura Wollam
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sheila Kell tells a captivating story about lost love and the broken lovers finding their way back to each other. This book is part of the HIS Family series, but can also be read as a standalone. From the first chapter, you will be drawn into the world of Matt and Caitlin as Matt tries to reconnect with Caitlin while also trying to save her life from the men that are trying to harm her. This is a great read that will keep you glued to the pages until the very end.
Lynn Fearon
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to the HIS series ! I really enjoyed Matt's story ! The back story gave it a little different tone than the previous books, but it had all the suspense and hotness of the previous Hamilton brothers ! Keep em coming Sheila !!! Looking forward to Brad's story!
Brandi
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sheila manages to find the right balance between the action and intrigue with the steamy romance and the kind of family bond everyone wishes they had with theirs. His Heart is a great read without being predictable and each of the alpha males in the series has similar but also a very unique personality, so that it doesn't seem like you are reading the same storyline, just tweaked. Cannot wait for the next one!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series 2 10 Jul 31, 2017 11:38AM

• Hot as Hale (Hale #3)
  • To Hale and Back (Hale #4)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • Lawful Escort (Eternal Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Unforgotten Passion (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #4)
  • Gloria's Forever (Gloria's Secret, #3)
  • Dirty Game (Annie Carter #1)
  • One Night with You (Fatal, #0.5)
  • Love Me Like That (Love Me Like That #1)
  • Teach Me Like That (Love Me Like That #2)
  • Arrogant Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #4)
  • Playboy in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #2)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • Derek (Grim Sinners MC #5)
  • Unleashing Hound (Dead Presidents MC Book 8)
  • Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
  • Devil in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #1)
  • Charmed
To receive a notice of Sheila’s latest releases when they’re available, be sure to select the “Follow” button.

Sheila Kell writes about the romantic men who leave women’s hearts pounding with a happily ever after built on memorable, adrenaline-pumping stories. Or, (since her editor tries to cut down on her long-windedness) simply “Smokin’ Hot Romance & Intrigue.” Her debut novel, His Desire (HI

HIS (9 books)
  • His Desire (HIS, #1)
  • His Choice (HIS, #2)
  • His Return (HIS, #3)
  • His Chance (HIS, #4)
  • His Destiny (HIS, #5)
  • His Family (HIS, #6)
  • His Fantasy (HIS, #8)
  • A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)