Start by marking “Frigid (Frenemy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Frigid (Frenemy, #1)

Frigid

(Frenemy #1)

Dash

Evie King. God, even her name leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've put up with her for years for my best friend, her overprotective older brother, Mason. I'd grown comfortable in my distaste, reliant on my hatred.

But when a favor goes too far and I wake up naked next to my sworn nemesis in a hotel room in Dallas? That's when my life begins spiraling out of control.
Published February 24th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 23rd 2017)

Michelle Dare
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very lucky to beta read this book. Dash and Evie...where do I begin? This book had me hooked from the first page.

Dash has a best friend, Mason, who happens to be the older brother of the girl he hates above all others - Evie. They have never gotten along, but when he is stuck picking her up at the airport after not seeing her for a while, he can't help but notice how attractive she is. Then she opens her mouth and he's back to hating her again. Everything she says reminds him why he doesn'
Teja
Nov 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Am I being too harsh with my rating? Probably. But this felt soo artificial.
Hollie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read but never felt realistic

i adore a good hate/love romance. The characters in this one just felt a bit generic. I also expected it to be a complete story. There didn't seem like much was left to be told in this story and yet it still managed to end on a cliffhanger with no closure. Very disappointing. I'm not invested enough in this story to continue on to book 2.
Tina Morgan
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good enemies to friends books and very funny too. And I'm anxious to see what happens in the next book! The chemistry between the two was so electric I'm surprised that they hadn't gotten together before this but I guess sometimes timing is everything. The characters were well developed and you learned most of their backstory. Dash's before he came to live near them is the only thing missing but I don't thing it's that big of a deal. But Dash and Evie along with Evie's brother Mas ...more
Denise Van plew
This is my first time in reading this author. The characters in this starting with Mason and Dallas will pick your curiosity. One friend doing the other friend a favor will be the beginning of a turn in the road I would say for two of them. Dallas has seen Evie for a minute so when they both come face to face the fun begins. They way they talk to each other at first will have you mouth drop open, then as it keeps going along will have your rolling. Then when the turn the corner of no return you ...more
Heather Heck
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frigid by Kate Benson is a MUST READ!!! I ABSOLUTELY loved it!!

This is a comical romance between two people who've been sworn enemies practically their whole lives.

Evie and Dash definitely are hot for each other when they cross paths after not seeing one another for a couple years. The chemistry is undeniable, but so is the hatred that stems from childhood.

What do you get when you put that combination together? One hell of a hilariously hot romance!!

Get ready to laugh hysterically, and swoon you
Veronica LaRoche
This was an amazing read and I couldn't get enough of Evie & Dash. If you are looking for a book that the couple goes from enemies to lovers then this is a book that u must read. I love the banter between Evie & Dash, I like how they are enemies and go to lovers, their is never a dull moment as you are reading their story. You can feel the hurt and the sadness and then feel the love the characters feel when they are together. I can't wait to read what happens next with Evie & Dash

I
Candice
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am I love with this story. Like head over heels in love. The characters are amazing. They have this love hate relationship to them. Well it's mostly hate. But you can kinda tell underneath all that hate there is something there. It's hot. Loved watching the relation change. This book had me laughing and almost crying. But I loved it all together. That ending killed me. I need more of this book and i need it now.
Tracy
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all Kate's books but I think this is my new favorite. I loved these characters and their hate/love relationship. I can't wait to see where this story goes
Caroline Ferriday
This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.

Wow! I haven't read my enemy-to-lovers books and I'm so glad that Frigid was one of my first to delve into this subject. Kate captured my attention very quickly and I was absorbed into her world trying to see whether things would happen which I expected or what would come of the enemies becoming lovers. This book was unpredictable for me, as I could never see some things coming, which made the book a blast of f
Rachael
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC of this title at my request and am providing this voluntary review*

Dash and Evie have quite the enemies to lovers relationship. And when I say enemies, I mean they are enemies and hate each other more than anyone else on the planet. Their story was a very fun read, that packed a few twists and lots of drama and romance. At first I didn't think I was going to enjoy this book because of how deep their hatred for each other was embedded in their souls, but Kate surprised me by ma
Caz
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book from Kate Benson and I will tell you that it won’t be my last especially with how this booked ended, even though it wasn’t really a cliffhanger in my opinion but it makes me want to really want to read the next one in this frenemies series.
I laughed a hell of a lot in this book and some of the best one liners had me loving this book it was so smartly written and couldn’t put it down.

Evie had the best sass I have read in a book for a long time and love the banter between Da
Crystal Spieker
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frigid is anything but! This book will steam up your kindle with the best of them! They say there is a thin line between love and hate, for Evie and Dash I'd say that line was very thick. There was definitely no love lost between these two!

When forces outside of their control throw them together, and you add a little alcohol along with some vengeful ex news you have one heck of a passionate night! What could be worse? Oh yeah, waking up to find it was with the one person that "dry humps your las
MM Laberge
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Discovering a new author is like having a new boyfriend; you have no idea what you're getting into. Although, discovering one that gets to your heart first short, like
the perfect first date, its ravishing. Especially when you're captivated by so many things. And Frigid is EVERYTHING but Frigid. It's actually very warm, hot... It's like a spicy salsa; all sort of ingredients mixed together. First, it's smart! It's realistic but never falls into boring. It's sweet and sour. It's hot chili peppers
Nikki Hernandez
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This book was fun read, an enemies to lovers with lots of funny banter between the hero and heroine. Dash and Evie's communication followed so easy, nothing was forced, natural hatred towards each other. I loved how they slowly went from hating each other to loving each other and appreciating the what they once ignored about each other. Evie King is a art student, after breaking up with her boyfriend she goes home to go on a trip with her brother (Mason), mother, and brother's best friend (Dash) ...more
Wendy
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Kate Benson!! I only discovered Kate's books recently but am quickly running through as many as I can.

Dash and Evie hate each other. The only reason they even tolerate being around each other is because Mason - Evie's older brother - is Dash's best friend. So when Evie and Dash find themselves uncontrollably attracted to each other, they have to get it out of their system, and quickly. But the best laid plans don't always go as expected.....

I loved the characters in Frigid.
Judy
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know when the blurb the author provides for a book has a warning "This book contains adult content intended for mature readers", it's going to be a good one!!

Evie's boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. So guys are a definite NO in her book. However, one drunk night can/will change her life!

Dash tolerates Mason's little sister because they are best friends. He doesn't like her at all. However, one drunk night.....

Two enemies, Evie and Dash wake up in bed, naked.... together. Dash's be
Lisa
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frigid is a good enemies to lovers book. Dash and Evie's dislike was apparent from the moment they got in the same space. The barbs and jabs were flying left and right. It quite entertaining. Evie is in a dark mood from a huge betrayal and being picked up at the airport by the last person she wants to see makes everything worse. It keeps getting worse and they made a disastrous drunken mistake.

Dash and Evie are hot hot hot! They way they choose to deal with their mistaken romp is unconventional,
Catherine Coffman
Shelves: series
Dash and Evie haven't liked each other since they meet but with Evie being Dash's best friend sister he just tolerates her. When he picks her up from the airport he's like wow she's changed until she opens her mouth and he remembers why he doesn't like her. When they get stuck together in a hotel room due to a travel delay they decide to have some drinks.

I love the banter between Dash and Evie and her sass is funny. You will definitely swoon over Dash. This is my second book by Katie and her wr
Trisha
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. First you see the best friends Dash and Mason. I saw there was tension or dislike from Dash of what seemed to be the bratty younger sister or Mason.

I can see where you are around someone so long there is a certain feeling, but then things change and people grow up. A lot has changed with the visit and the trip. Some is comical because it seems they can't stand each other. Too much is at stake and so.many things and people can be affected if they change.

I am ready to see what is
Amanda S.
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Pretty good but predictable and classic plot. Definitely a good read for someone who loves comfort read and dislikes plot twists; someone like me. :)
Jodie
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book characters kept me laughing and shouting at the book all the way through.as always Kate's storylines kept me hooked and even had my name used in the book can not wait for book 2.
Kimothy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a sucker for young adult romance, takes me back lol, but i also love it when the book has a love/hate spark between the characters. Kate Benson hits those parts of the book right on the head, her writing was easy to read, the story flowed well,and i must admit i did laugh at some moments throughout the story. I would really recommend this book for those new to Kate Benson, and to those who know her work already. Kept me very entertained reading this book
Suzanne
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always love a good enemies to lovers book and Frigid did not disappoint! I really enjoyed the banter and the wit through out this story! It kept me engaged throughout and I found myself wanting more. There is just enough emotion, angst and swoon worthy moments that make this book a lot of fun! Looking forward to more from Evie and Dash!
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
this book had it all, the falling in love with your brother friend and a enemy to friends to maybe love romance. I loved it. Dash and Evie have a weird relationship, that can't stand each other but one druken night changes all that now they can't get enough but is it real and how will they explain it to her brother Mason? loved it and I'm so ready to see what happens next.
Ana Theresa
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I guess the saying "The more you hate, the more you love" applies to the main characters. They're two souls who were perfect for each other ever since but fate had other plans. They grew up despising each other's guts but I believe underneath the insults and stink eyes they would've thrown at each other is an undeniable and growing attraction. I'm glad they got over that. And yes, sneaking out can be really thrilling and hot at the same time. Can't wait to read the next book!
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frigid by Kate Benson is a really great read! From the story to the characters, this story will keep you entertained! I loved the banter between Evie and Dash. Both are witty funny people. At certain times I wasn't feeling the love/hate between them, only because it seemed too much for that particular scene. It wasn't enough to take away from the story though. It's fun and sexy. I truly enjoyed this book! I give it 4 stars.
JoAnne
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great enemies to lovers story! This is Evie and Dash's story - two people who grew up together but couldn't stand each other. Kate Benson wove an realistic tale with great character development and chemistry. Plenty of emotions and humor fly between these two and their family members as their story unfolds. I found it to be a story that grasped my attention from the very beginning and a hard to put down till you finish story. The book does not end in a cliff hanger but there is so much mo ...more
Sue L
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved how much Dash and Evie hated each other and I couldn't wait to see their hatred turn to love. This was such a touching story for me and I loved the whole premise of this story. My only complaint with this book is that I have to wait to find out what happens, insert pouty face, when Mason finds out and how their relationship works long distance, or if it will be able to survive it.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. It's such a great story, so hurry and pick this one up.
Jessica Tarrats
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read...Dash and Evie have to put up with each other for Mason's sake. Mason is Evie's older brother and best friend to Dash. They get on each other's nerves...but why? Their story is a wild and fun ride.

The tension is palpable, the interactions between the characters are hilarious and the character development is good. I can't wait to read the next book!

This is my first read by Kate Benson. I'm hooked! I finished this book overnight and I absolutely loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combining an extra book 2 19 Feb 24, 2017 12:26PM

• A Shot Worth Taking (Worth Series, #2)
  • An Acute Attraction (The Attraction Series, #1)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • A Fire That Burns (A Fire That Burns, #1)
  • Fostering Hope (Silver Lining #1)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • The Last Man on Earth (The Graysons, #1)
  • That Guy (Indecent Proposal, #0.5)
  • Childstar 1 (Childstar, #1)
  • Fight For My Heart
  • Silas (A Playboy's Lair Duet #1)
  • Maid to Fit (Man Maid, #1)
  • The Diary of Lexi Ashford, Part One (Lexi Ashford, #1)
  • The Reluctant Wife
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • Finding Home (Club Dark #1)
  • Kissed at Midnight
  • Unsettled (Chrysalis, #3)
Kate Benson was raised in Texas and currently resides in central Florida with her husband, their two dogs and two cats. She learned to read at the age of four and has been hooked ever since.
She credits her passion for literature to her mother, her love of story-telling to her father and her unwavering faith in happily-ever-after’s to her husband, Sean.
Some of her favorite things include rainy day

Frenemy (3 books)