Start by marking “Every Deep Desire (Deadly Force #1)” as Want to Read:
Every Deep Desire (Deadly Force #1)

Every Deep Desire

(Deadly Force #1)

Published March 6th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Every Deep Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Deep Desire

Start your review of Every Deep Desire (Deadly Force #1)
Katherine Yearwood
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every Deep Desire a dark mystery suspense romance with No holds barred.
In Every Deep Desire, everything was taken away from Rafe Montfort a decorated Green Beret. Labeled a traitor by everyone he knows and loves. He has now come backed to reclaim his life and to restore honor to his name.
Juliet Capel had a hard life. But she assumed all was going to change, for the better when she married the love of her life, Rafe Montfort. Her outlook on her life altered with one single letter and a knock at
Melinda
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is packed full of action, adventure, intrigue and romance that will have you totally hooked from the beginning. I couldn’t stop turning the pages as it had me totally glued to the pages. I really didn’t want this book to end and I will be definitely looking up more books by this author straight away. I would highly recommend
Dora Okeyo
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm loving the books released by Sourcebooks Casablanca and this was one of those books that I could not put down until I discovered who'd framed the former Green Beret, and Prince's man, Rafe and what the mystery behind the Lily was.
The story unravels a legend of the Prince's men, Fianna, men who bow before they execute. They are also known to quote or communicate their actions by uttering lines from Shakespearean works. Rafe is released from prison, eight years after he'd sent a letter to his
Ebookitude
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was surprising! It's been a long time since the last time I was surprised by the twist and turns a story took. Rafe was determined, wounded and lovable; but Juliet was a surprise. A breath of fresh air in a sea of damsels in distress who just let Life happen and the hero take the lead. If you want something that's different and unexpected you'll love this book.

* I was gifted a copy of this book for my honest review*
Amanda
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Action packed Stars! This book had me hooked from start to finish, lots of drama and action, as well as a hot steamy romance, I cannot wait to read some more books by Sharon Wray in the future!
Dianne
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Deep and complex intrigue, a plot with more tentacles than an octopus, but only the tip of the iceberg of each thought and twist is given the attention it needs. EVERY DEEP DESIRE by Sharon Wray has the potential to be the buttress for an action-packed series that provides a fresh take on dark secrets, betrayals and love lost and found.

Perhaps the floodgates flew too far open? A brilliant concept involving Shakespearean speech, a shadowy figurehead pulling his puppets’ strings and another secon
Dísir
I had a bit of a trying time with ‘Every Deep Desire’, though the blurb did given an indication that it wasn’t going to be a typical romantic suspense novel. The extent to which it was atypical however, came as quite a surprise.

And the setup is not unpredictable: after a 8-year hiatus, Rafe Montford returns to a marriage that he supposedly tore apart. Branded as a traitor and jailed for a few of those years, nothing keeps him from wanting his ex-wife safe after the cryptic notes that she has be
Esther
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, netgalley, military
ARC provided by NetGalley and Sourcebooks in Exchange for an honest review.

This was a not a smooth, easy read.

Juliet had a difficult life but then she found love and happiness with Rafe.

Well she thought she did. One day she receives a letter from Rafe that he's leaving her. Juliet was shattered but determined to live her life a best she could. She started her own business and lived a quiet life.

Rafe is accused of being a traitor and sent to prison. Eight years and he's released from prison wit
Beth
Every Deep Desire is a highly complex and multifaceted plot, filled with lots of mystery and intense and brutal action. There is an interesting Shakespearean flare to the "bad guys" with their communications and physical speaking using quotes and speech right from Shakespeare's works. In the end, this book was not for me.

I received this ARC copy of Every Deep Desire from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca. This is my honest and voluntary review. Every Deep Desire is set for publication March 6, 2018.
Lauren loves llamas
UPDATE 3/5/18: OK, so I read (and reviewed) this originally back in December/January.  Since then, I haven't been able to get this book out of my head.  I've literally talked about it in the Target checkout line with people.  So, while I'm reiterating that the first third is confusing and difficult to get through, the rest of it is over-the-top awesomesauce.  Upgrading review to 4 stars.

----------Original Review------------

I've read a few romantic suspense novels lately, and picked this up expec
Bea
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bea by: Jennifer at Romance Novel Reviews
That cover grabbed my eye and when I read the blurb, this sounded like a wonderful book. Romance, betrayal, mystery, the military, I couldn't resist.
Rafe went AWOL from the military eight years ago, betraying his country and his wife Juliet. She gets a divorce and moves on with her life though she's never forgotten him, her first love and also her last. She got her college degree and started a business. Meanwhile Rafe, after joining a mysterious mercenary band, ended up being caught by the US an
Anita
Sep 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-la-city
First book by a new author. Should be interesting.
Coco.V
May 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/5/2020)! 🎁
Book Him Danno
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first I have read by Sharon Wray and while I like her writing story she might need to loses a few too many characters. This story is jammed pack to the point readers will get lost along the way as who is who.

This story is full of turns and twist that will have readers up late into the night because putting the book down means not knowing what is happening to the characters.

Every step, every word this book will have readers hooked.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Sourcebooks C
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

I really enjoyed Every Deep Desire. It was a very imaginative love story. I always appreciate it when an author creates new worlds that are rife with ancient folklore and traditions that you have to take the time to understand. In this scenario, the folklore involves ancient warriors that still exist in the current world. It’s hard to say if they are good or bad, but they are tasked with exacting justice and protecting certain secrets at all costs.

Rafe Montfort went off to bec
Sophia
A reunion romance and a thriller quality suspense seemed just the right thing when a disgraced ex-Green Beret finds his way home and finds everyone he knows in danger as powerful forces converge on Savannah all hunting one thing- a historical artifact.

Every Deep Desire began with a swirl of shifting images and scenes that left me dizzy and confused for quite some time. It was purposeful, I believe, so the reader feels the weight of deep and conplex intrigue going on around them.

But no, I was not
Laurie
Mar 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This was all over the place. The plot twisted and turned with no telling where it was heading. Instead of anticipating answers to all my questions and leaving on the edge of my seat with suspense, it left me unbelievably annoyed.

For starters, her business sense is terrible. That's not how landscape or construction contracts work, or at least that's not how smart people do things. As a former property manager who worked with landscapers and contractors on a daily basis, this drove me crazy.

The ju
Sarah Andre
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sensational!!
This is not your average romantic suspense, so if you're in the mood for a sweeping, "Gone with the Wind" type saga, a haunted hero ala "Wuthering Heights" then this is the romantic suspense for you! Meaty plot of betrayal, centuries old secrets that people are willing to die for and a "Romeo and Juliet" type young love that turns tragic, but can it be redeemed? I loved this! I had to rearrange my busy schedule so I could keep reading!
Heather 123
Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
The blurb of this book peaked my interest but unfortunately I gave up about 10% of the way into the book.

First off I couldn't figure out what century this book was supposed to take place in. You're led to believe it's in current time but then some of the language use makes you think its from the 1700's or something. There were too many players and too much back and forth for me.

DNF
Rae Lake
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mmc-18
description

So I really wanted to like this book like so much. I was ready for some James Patterson like romance but this was.... not that.
Here are my problems.
1. the Shakespearean talk... what the hell was that. once in a while would have been ok, but I really did not get a book so I could try and decipher every freaking other sentence... just tell me what the problem is already!
2. there were soooo many characters that played VITAL roles to the story, it was a bit hard to keep up with who did what and I a
Sandy S
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 6, 2018

Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I’ll say upfront that I do not believe that this book or this series is going to be for every Romantic Suspense reader. I say that not unkindly but while most Romantic Suspense or Mystery books go from point A to point B and so on with a few twists – the reader is not going to find that in Every Deep Desire. There is a lot going on in this story. A lot. Which means many characters to keep track of and definite world building in the beginning. I expect that in the fir
‘Sup?
Nov 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF

The blurb for Sharon Wray’s EVERY DEEP DESIRE sounded interesting and right up my alley, but the delivery was so lacking that I gave up ~20% of the way in. Putting the cart before the horse can work to reel readers in and make them feel compelled to figure out how the cart got to where it is, but the approach didn’t work for me in EVERY DEEP DESIRE… either because the cart consists of a serious case of WTFery or because it’s poorly executed. Possibly both. Neither Rafe and Juliet’s Baz Lurhma
Tracie R
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgally
1.5 Stars The blurb created so much promise, but the story failed to deliver.
Iman
Apr 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I guess that's a military-dark take on Romeo & Juliet... the Shakespearean codes and last plot did not do it for me, dnf ...more
Monica Cardoza
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this read but it was excellent. I loved everything about it there was action, suspense and passion between the main characters. There was a lot to take in and a lot to understand what was happening. There were so many twists and turns and multiple storylines that were happening but everything came together in the very end. Juliet and Rafe had not seen each other in 8 years and now that he is back he needs to gain her trust and that is going to be a little difficult to do. Th ...more
E-Reader Addict
Sometimes you finish reading a book and your only thought is “what the hell did I just read?!?!” It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but whoa...I’m not exactly sure how I feel Every Deep Desire.

Rafe wanted to pray that his deal with the devil hadn’t followed him home. Except he no longer believed in prayers, and the churning in his gut told him the devil hadn’t just hitched a ride. The devil was driving.

And that drive was wild and crazy, and often left me breathless. But also frequently confu
Sarah Wente
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book! The plot twists & turns in unexpected ways. The characters are fully developed & believable. The writing flows smoothly from behind to end. I highly recommend this book! ...more
Jacquie
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

In a word- complicated!

Life hasn’t been easy for Rafe Montfort, but his love for his wife, Juliet, has seen him through his darkest days. That is until she ends up in the middle of a deadly plot and he needs to break a vow in order to save her life.

Juliet has worked hard in the eight long years since her husband’s betrayal and subsequent disappearance. She’s built a business, friendships, and a life on her own. She’s even put Rafe’s ghost to rest- mostly. That is until he suddenly appears one ho
Gigi staub
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, arc
His honor, his freedom, and the woman he loves

Rafe Montfort was a decorated Green Beret, the best of the best, until a disastrous mission and an unforgivable betrayal destroyed his life. Now, this deadly soldier has returned to the sultry Georgia swamps to reunite with his brothers, and take back all he lost. But Juliet must never know the truth behind what he's done...or the dangerous secret that threatens to take him from her forever.

It took Juliet Capel eight long years
« previous 1 3 next »

• Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Blind Spot (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #4)
  • Meant for Her (Love and Danger, #1)
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)
  • Rockstar Baby (Crescent Cove, #6)
  • Paris in Love (Iron Horse, #2)
  • London is Falling
  • Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids #6)
  • Holland at War (Iron Horse, #3)
  • The One Who Got Away (Love and Danger, #3)
  • I Am Justice (Black Ops Confidential, #1)
  • Caught Up in a Cowboy (Cowboys of Creedence #1)
  • Operation: Unknown Angel (Shepherd Security, #7)
  • Beck (Red Wolfe Security Book 3)
Sharon is a librarian who once studied dress design in the couture houses of Paris and now writes novels of suspense, adventure, and love. A wife, mother of twins, caretaker of Donut the One-Eyed Dog, she's addicted to snapping photos and eating Oreos.

She's repped by Deidre Knight and Kristy Hunter of The Knight Agency.

Random Fun Facts:

* Jersey girl married to a boy from Charleston, SC and transp

Deadly Force (3 books)
  • One Dark Wish (Deadly Force #2)
  • In Search of Truth (Deadly Force #3)

News & Interviews