Start by marking “The Big, Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales #4)” as Want to Read:
The Big, Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales #4)

The Big, Bad Billionaire

(Billionaire Fairy Tales #4)

An intensely sexy Billionaire Fairy Tales standalone novel by Jackie Ashenden that is billionaire romance meets Little Red Riding Hood with a happily ever after.

Wicked. Ruthless. Obsessed.

Sent away from his family as a boy because he couldn’t be controlled, Rafe DeSantis’s new guardian turned him into a monster. One who wants only two things out of life: To get reveng

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 209 pages
Published November 21st 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about The Big, Bad Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big, Bad Billionaire

Start your review of The Big, Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Big, Bad Billionaire is book four in the Billionaire Fairy Tales series by Jackie Ashenden. This is a re-telling of the Red Riding Hood Fairy Tale. In this re-telling, Little Red Riding Hood is a sweet, innocent ballerina and the big bad wolf, Rafael de Santis, is most definitely to be feared.

Rafael or Rafe as he prefers to be called, is thirty-two years old. As a young child, he had trouble controlling his emotions and easily fell into temper tantrums or rages. His parents could not be trou
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
After reading this one I had to let it kind of roll around in my head for a few days because my feelings were all over the place and I wasn't sure where I really stood. Even after really thinking about it, I'm still not sure I know.

This is Rafe and Ella's story. Rafe has fought hard for everything he has. Being sent away when he was fourteen to control his volatile temper, by parents too disinterested to bother with him, Rafe grew up away from his brothers and sister. Living with his grandfather
Esther
ARC provided by NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Rating 3.75.

Fairy tale theme of big bad wolf and little red riding hood. Seemed to be forced into the story somehow, choppy, not really smooth or woven into the romance well (in my humble opinion).
But definitely lot's of sexual tension, over the top chemistry and alpha hero (maybe a tad too much at times...).

Ella Hart has only her grandmother and her dancing. But she loves both and passionately. Ella would like to go to P
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Intense with a fab ending.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book is completely different from the first in the series. Featuring the dark and hard emotions of Rafe, this book is a standalone.

I had a hard time coming to terms with Rafe. He was mean, he was abrupt but he was completely captivated with Ella. So you know he had to have some redeeming qualities. We just had to go through a lot to find them.

He likes to use fear and intimidation but that tended to backfire with the strong backbone in Elma. Eve
Chitra *CJ*
“The question isn’t whether I can get rid of you,” he murmured, putting his hands down on the couch cushions on either side of her head. “It’s whether you can get away from me. And if you don’t know the answer to that, here’s a hint.” He lowered his head so his face was bare inches from hers and whispered, “Never.”

"The Big, Bad Billionaire" is the story of Ella and Rafe.

So good!

In this book, we have a broken, scarred hero who is utterly obsessed with our naive, determined heroine. Having sta
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ella's passion has led her to ask for help from the one person she was told to stay away from, Rafe, her guardian. At first I wanted to smack Rafe because he was a bit ruthless but the more I read and realized was that Rafe's past was not a pretty one. Despite it all he still had a soft side deep inside him and Bella was the one that brought that out.

Rafe has been patiently waiting and biding his time until it was right to have Ella within his reach. The time has come now and there is nothing o
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Big, Bad Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden is Book Four in the "Billionaire Fairy Tales" series. This is the story of Rafe DeSantis and Ella Hart. I have read (and loved) the other books in this series but feel this can be a standalone book. This has a feel of the Big Bad Wolf storyline.
Rafe due to his vital temperament Rafe when he was a teenager was sent to away. Rafe childhood has made him the hard and distant person that he is today. Rafe looks to take what he lost and what he wants back.
Amy
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Red Riding Hood? It was time to meet the Big Bad Wolf.”

“She understood that there would be nothing “fine” about a kiss. It had ravaged her, destroyed her. Made her realize how unprepared she was for a man like him.”

The Big, Bad Billionaire was a lot of fun. I really enjoy modern re-tellings of classic novels & fairy-tales and this one really took me by surprise. I love that this author decided to go a different route and gave us a re-telling that we don’t see too often; Little Red Riding Hood.
Maria Rose
The Big Bad Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden is the 4th story in her sexy and seductive Billionaire Fairy Tales series. They are all standalone romances centered on the DeSantis family, a group of four brothers who run DS Corp, a weapons and security company. The title gives away the Red Riding Hood theme of this story. Rafael DeSantis is the big bad wolf here, and he’s got his sights set on the woman he calls ‘Little Red’.

Rafe’s coup against his rich and powerful father means he’s now in charge o
~Mandi~
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Big Bad Billionaire
Jackie Ashenden
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Another excellent story in this series. This series are based on well known fairy tales. As you have prob guessed by the title this story is Little Red Riding Hood.
Rafe has watched Ella from afar for the majority of her life. He wanted to claim her as his and he waited for just the right time.
Such a great fairy tale with lots of emotions and a terrific happy ever after.
Can’t wait to find out if there will be more to this series. I really love t
Mandi
Nov 29, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I should have read the blurb better - I have a hard time with guardian/ward tropes and this definitely is not working for me.

Full disclosure: I only made it to 10%. The fact that the hero is obsessed with the heroine, becomes her legal guardian and withholds $$ from her unless she dates him is completely grossing me out. Maybe it's the current harassment climate in the country - but I can't.
Emily
As a boy Rafe DeSantis was a hero to Ella Hart, but it didn't last long and Ella quickly learned to hate Rafe after he was sent away to live with his grandfather. Rafe never understood what changed with Ella, as a young girl she chased him around but given his families disdain for him he was not surprised especially after Ella's parents died and his father became her guardian.

Rafe waited patiently though to get his revenge and he got in all ways that matter. He took his fathers company and now
Tapasya
Rating : ★ ★ ★
Lead Male Character : Rafe ★ ★ ★
Lead Female Character : Ella ★ ★ ★
Plotline : ★ ★ ★ ★
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Will I reread this book? : Maybe
Verdict : Not bad

It was a little boring at times but I still found the story interesting.
About the Hero :I didn't like him much at the start. But I did started liking him by the end. But I didn't understand that why did he stalk and woo her and then say that she deserved better than him???
The overall read of this book was alright for me
Timitra
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Big, Bad Billionaire is a Little Red Riding Hood retelling that follows two characters, Rafe and Ella who are each broken in their own way. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I loved the banter between these two characters as well as the sexual tension. I think the author did a good job creating it, it kept you wanting more but not to the point where it became frustrating. It was done just right.

I definitely recommend it to fans of fairytale retellings that are hot dirty.

ARC provided by publisher th
Deborah
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it

This book started well and I thought this might be the book that elevates this author above the 3* rating for me but unfortunately it wasn’t.

Rafe is the billionaire CEO of DS Corp and people love him, he smiles and people believe he’s nice but the smiles are false and he’s far from nice. Rafe has a dark and tormented past, he was a problem child who suffered from temper tantrums and as a result of that he was sent to live with his grandfather. Life with his grandfather was hard and brutal but it
Tami
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ashenden, netgalley
3.5

Fairy tale remade into a romance. Red Riding Hood vs the big bad billionaire.

Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
I quit the previous book in this series by the second chapter because I wasn't getting into the story and almost did the same with this one, and I had mixed feelings after finishing it. One of the things I enjoy about Ms. Ashenden's writing is the risks she takes with her characters, but this was almost a little too much for me and I was uneasy about where this story would take me. After thinking over this book for a few days, I have to say again that my opinion of the author's writing only gets ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Whenever I start a Jackie Ashenden book I get caught up in the compelling story and passion in her couples. I absolutely love her novels because the men are always alpha and growly and the women are just as snappy and sassy. They bring the men to their knees and give no effs about the consequences. I absolutely loved Rafe and Ella as the play on the little red riding hood fairytale was fantastic but their chemistry and attraction was amazing. I could not get enough of them.

While this is the four
San-Dee Keefner
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"I'm going to see a man about a wolf."

As readers we all have our checklist, right? Well, it seems that Jackie Ashenden has the same taste in alpha males as I do because I find hers irresistible. It doesn't matter if they are bikers, billionaires or bounty hunters, they are all bossy and badass. They all speak caveman and know what to do once they get what they want. And if they are broken bad boys, even better.

Rafe is broken, but he hides it well. He's personable and charming. Sexy in a
Maranda
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The big bad wolf in this novel is Rafe! Little Red is Ella. Shattered childhoods of Rafe and Ella lead to insecurity, mistrust and fear. Both characters are dark and their joining only amplifies their trigger to run. Revealing the past is the only answer to healing. "A copy of this book was provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley with no requirement for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." ...more
Hart's Reader Group
This was my first Jackie Ashenden book, and I enjoyed it.

The characters had depth, the romance was rife with tension, the emotional push-pull was beautifully done. The only reason I didn't give this book a 5 was because there just wasn't enough chase. I like my alpha billionaires to chase--and this book had a Little Red Riding Hood theme! It would have been a perfect opportunity to put some delicious chases in this book.

Anyway...well written story. Will be reading more from this author.
lily waheed
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
this was slow!
liked the second half of the book more than the first half .
the heroine was acting like a 15 year old girl! (she is 20)
and what the hell with the red riding and the bad wolf!!!
Isha Coleman
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Big Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales) by Jackie Ashenden
Love in all it's tragic glory turns into an empowering tale of happily ever after.  Ms. Ashenden breaks down barriers and tunnels deep into the soul of her readers.  The Big Bad Billionaire is a haunting story of obsession, romance and so much pain.  Ella and Rafe share a bond that has remained embedded in their souls.  It borders on manic, but it seems almost ethereal.  The misunderstood little boy has now become an embittere
Heather andrews
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ella sometimes gets more than what she bargained for when she pokes Rafael's bear, “I was.” A hint of pure mischief gleamed in her eyes. “But now you’re just an Ewok to me. Cute and fuzzy, making little noises— hey!” He pushed her onto the couch, growling, kissing her..." I liked this book, Rapael had some real problems, but it took a strong woman to reign him in and luckily for him that was Elle. ...more
Ilana
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
First i have to thank the folks at Netgalley and St Martin's Press for the ARC - i'm a huge fan of Jackie Ashenden and they've gifted me with the pre-read.

We've gotten stories from all the other brothers so it's about time that we get to see what the story was for Rafe.  In the last book we watched him take down his father's role as CEO and now it's come to fruition.  He seems to have everything that he could ever want - with the exception of one thing.  one person.  Ella.

Ella - our leading la
Helen
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series and was always looking forward to Rafe’s story and what a story it is, he is big and bad very bad but I think he met his match in Ella she is a tiny ballerina but with the strength to stand up to the wolf and heal him, they have a rough trip to a HEA.

Ella Hart is alone just her grandmother and her she puts everything she has into her dancing she is so passionate with it, she is vulnerable and quiet so when she needs to ask her guardian for money to go to Paris for dance
Nadine Bookaholic
Rafe was what his father considered a troubled child so he sent him away to live with his grandfather until he could control himself. Well, if that doesn't instill some resentment towards your family what will?

Ella was merely a little girl when Rafe was sent away but she was always told to stay away from him that he was no good. But when Ella lost both of her parents years earlier Rafe's father is the one that was given guardianship of her trust. Only now things are about to change...and she fin
Courtney
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
*ARC from NetGalley for honest Review*
I Give this Book 3 Stars

Having Read Several Books from This Author, my rating is usually a consistent 3 Stars. For some reason when I read this authors books it seems like there is a ‘disconnect’ from the characters to author, there for you cannot connect with the storyline.
I truly see extreme potential from this author and eagerly await for a true 5 star.
I did enjoy this book, but is was like it was cut and pasted together and
Avid Reader
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Big, Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales #4) by Jackie Ashenden
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: Death, Child Abuse, Self Harming behaviors, questionable consent issues
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Rafe is home now, back for revenge and his obsession. He was sent away when he was younger because his family deemed him "unworthy" and "unruly". However, he has had years of resentment and hatred building and when he comes home he does so with a plan to take over and d
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Daddy's Worst Nightmare
  • The Billionaire's Double Surrogate
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Bride (Qazhar Sheikhs, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Pretend Bride (Qazhar Sheikhs, #2)
  • The Sheikh’s Fake Engagement (The Blooming Desert #1)
  • A Wife for the Surgeon Sheikh
  • Modern Romance February 2021 Books 1-4: One Night Before the Royal Wedding / Pride & the Italian's Proposal / The Sheikh's Marriage Proclamation / The Billionaire's Cinderella Housekeeper
  • The Deal (The Billionaires Club #4)
  • Taken by the Russian
  • The Priest (Bratva Blood #5)
  • The Tycoon's Christmas Captive (The Casacelli Family Saga, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Christmas Mistress (The Casacelli Family Saga, #4)
  • The Sheikh's Unsuitable Bride
  • The Mobster's Masseuse
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • My Husband, My Stalker
  • Romancing the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #5)
Jackie has been writing fiction since she was eleven years old. Mild mannered fantasy/SF/pseudo-literary writer by day, obsessive romance writer by night, she used to balance her writing with the more serious job of librarianship until a chance meeting with another romance writer prompted her to throw off the shackles of her day job and devote herself to the true love of her heart – writing romanc ...more

Billionaire Fairy Tales (4 books)
  • The Billionaire's Virgin (Billionaire Fairytales #1)
  • The Billionaire Beast (Billionaire Fairy Tales, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Intern (Billionaire Fairy Tales #3)

News & Interviews