Start by marking “Defying Gravity (Healing Hearts #2)” as Want to Read:
Defying Gravity (Healing Hearts #2)

Defying Gravity

(Healing Hearts #2)

Savannah Parker is miserable.

The reason: Josh Miller, her brother’s best friend.

Devastated by the unrequited love she has for Josh, she has no choice but to sit back and watch him play the field, her heart breaking a little more each time she sees him.

In an attempt to forget about Josh and move on, she distances herself from those who love her. Josh is never far from her t
Kindle Edition
Published September 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Defying Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defying Gravity

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I really liked Savannah and Josh together. Older brother's best friend is a favorite trope of mine. This book fit that bill perfectly. It was really fulfilling to see Josh finally admit to himself and to her how he felt about her. Also the lead up to the end was really exciting. Looking forward to reading the next book.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Keri Roberts
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Talk about the path to true love isn't always straightforward ❤ Lots of emotion and plenty of hurdles but in the end Josh and Savannah's story ended perfect. Everyone needs a Josh in their lives. Highly recommend ...more
Brandy Roberts
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading Taking Chances I didn't know what I was going to feel going into Savannah and Joshs story but liked it was frustrated at times though . I'd suggest that you read book one before starting Defying Gravity even though it can be read as a stand alone the couple are mentioned and the things they go through . Josh and Savannah have had feelings for one another but a certain hero put a stop to it whenever it came time to cross that barrier . When they get together it was hot and they made ...more
Helen Whitelaw
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laura Farr you have done it again!!! What a brilliant read!!
Savannah and Josh are the epitome of true love!

It starts as the Forbidden Love when Savannah falls for her brothers best friend! Knowing she couldn't act on her feelings her attempts to move on leave her in a life altering situation!

Whilst reading this your practically begging for them to have their happy ending! Josh the very sexy cowboy can only be described as the most perfect book boyfriend! You literally soon with every line!!

Th
Samantha Roberts
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the healing hearts.

Laura Farr has away to make you see and feel everything in her story’s for me there is only a handful of authors that do this and when I get a new one it’s amazing I feel and get sucked in very fast when this happens and with the healing hearts books it happened for me with page one in the first book.

High with emotion full with nail biting twists and just all round fantastic. Well done on an more than great lovely story. I can’t wait to read more from this author
Sassy Southern
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading book one in this Healing Hearts Series I was hooked. These books must be read in order though, because they really pick up where the other one left off.

I knew that I had to know what was going to go on with Josh and Savannah and this book did not disappoint. Definitely full of some twists and turns I did not see coming, I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.

This book was worth the read for sure. I loved getting to revisit the characters I loved from
Nita Johnson
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be asked to read Defying Gravity for the author. I had fallen in love with Taking Chances so I knew DG would be epic!
Laura Farr didn't disappoint bringing as much passion and detail to Savannah and Josh's story as possible making the story flow, each word pulling you deeper into their story.
I was throughly pleased with the outcome and I can't wait to read more from this author.
Emma Johnston
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for this book after reading book 1 and it didn't disappoint.

I was wondering where the author would go with this story as it seemed in book 1 that Josh didn't care, but boy was I wrong! This is a sweet but sexy read that will have you swooning everywhere. I loved Josh's love for Savannah and how Savannah coped with what life was throwing at her.

Definitely a 5 star read!
Beyond The Covers Blog
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kate
Another fabulous book by Laura Farr. Defying Gravity was more of an emotionally charged book in my opinion. A love that grows through the years between a girl and her brothers best friend. It becomes a battle of feelings between Savannah and Josh leaving them guessing can it be right or will it go wrong. I read this book in one night because I couldn't put it down, it's that awesome!!!
Izzie d
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Brother's best friend storyline. Not my favourite troupe to be honest.It is okay.
The 'I don't want you but no-one else can have you while I have a string of girlfriends' reasoning was irritating and it happens for a while.
She talks about him and his skanks at one point but she is the one who is pregnant by a man she doesn't know as she had a string of one night stands and doesn't know which is the father.
Also we learnt in book 1 that he knows she likes him so he takes other girls with him when h
Emma Allsop - Perusing Princesses
4 Crowns

Book 2 in the Healing Hearts series. You do not have to have read book 1 to enjoy Defying Gravity, but I recommend you do as it will increase your reading pleasure and your connections with a great cast of characters.

There is nothing worse than unrequited love. Savannah Parker knows this first hand. Having loved her older brothers’ best friend Josh Miller for as long as she remember, her one attempt at winning him over was as mortifying as it was heart-breaking. Knowing it’s time to move
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Unrequited love takes center stage in Defying Gravity, book two in Laura Farr’s Healing Hearts series. This is a standalone, but both characters appear in the first book. If you do read Taking Chances first you may have a better understanding of their situation.

Savannah Parker is miserable. She watches the man she loves parade woman after woman through his door. He doesn’t want her, he made that pretty clear when he turned her down. Determined
Claire Cronin
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read Taking Chances and absolutely loved it, I couldn't wait to read this second book in the Healing Hearts series! Taking Chances really needs to be read first in order to appreciate the story and characters that are in this second book.

In Taking Chances, we learn that Savannah has loved her brothers best friend, Josh, for years. She even told him how she feels but he doesn't feel that way about her. Poor Savannah had to watch and suffer as he paraded a different girlfriend in front of h
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
This is book two in the Healing Hearts series and while each book can be read as a standalone you will see that Libby and Mason's storyline continues (characters from book one), but at no time are you felt lost if you picked this book up to read and haven’t read book one. This is Savannah and Josh’s story. After reading both books, I still cannot decide who I love the best as they are both good and you’ll love both set of characters.
Savannah oh Savannah, she puts on a good game face when it com
Terri Handschumacher
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Defying Gravity
By. Laura Farr
Savannah knew her life was going to change when she say the positive result on the pregnancy test. She just didn’t know how much her life was going to change. She has been in love with Josh since she was a teenager, but now she just knows that they could never be together because why would be want to be with her when she is having another man’s baby. Never the less when she can’t even remember who the father is.
Josh has loved Savannah since they both were only teena
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
After Taking Chances and how fantastic Laura's debut book was, I just knew that Defying Gravity was going to follow in its footsteps and my assumption was correct.

Being asked to beta read this for Laura, I couldn't wait to get started and I literally devoured it. I made the mistake of starting it at 11pm thinking I'd read just a couple of chapters and by 2.30am I had to force myself to put it down and get some sleep! A testament to a fantastic book in my eyes.

Savannah has pined for her brothers
Layla Sian Rathbone
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous second instalment to the Healing Hearts Series, Defying Gravity blew me away!

This book follows Savannah and Josh’s story, and it’s heartbreaking and beautiful and I loved it!!!

Savannah has loved josh since she was a young girl. She adored him from a far, knowing nothing would ever come of it as he was her big brothers best friend. As they grew older, Savannah had to sit back and watch Josh date girl after girl, her heart silently breaking more and more each time.

Realising she can’t l
Claire Thake
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fbbf-18
Another fantastic book from the lovely Laura Farr!

If you have read book 1 in the series Taking Chances, you will already be familiar with the main characters in this book; Savannah and Josh.

This book sees Savannah’s life take a dramatic turn when she has a positive pregnancy test and the prospect of a future as a single Mum, as she has no idea who the father is.

This book was emotional all the way through and you can’t help but cheer on Savannah and Josh to finally get together after all this t
Samantha Larkin
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
DrivenbyBooks
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm speechless! After reading her debut book that was already a hit for me, I was looking forward to reading Savannah's story and it was well worth the wait. If I could give the book more than 5 stars, I would! Don't know how the author has done it but the way the story was written, you can't help but relate and feel every word like it's you that's going through it. That's just true magic. I had tears in my eyes 'cuz I could relate to Savannah and how she felt. The story really touched my heart ...more
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
I'm just speechless! After reading her debut book that was already a hit for me, I was looking forward to reading Savannah's story and it was well worth the wait. If I could give the book more than 5 stars, I would! Don't know how the author has done it but the way the story was written, you can't help but relate and feel every word like it's you that's going through it. That's just true magic. I had tears in my eyes 'cuz I could relate to Savannah and how she felt. The story really touched my h ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful book! I really enjoyed the overall experience the read gave me. I felt connected with the characters and the story, making it very addicting.

I liked the characters Farr created for us, really giving us people to connect with and get to know, as the story carried on. It is an interesting story, with the connection between he two, prior to the romance kicking off. It creates a very interesting dynamic between them and definitely creates issues and barriers, for our leadi
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. This book truly came out with an emotional punch. The story and everything about this book I devoured. When you look for a book that has the angst the forbidden love, the gets you to the edge of your seat and makes you want more and more this is it. Josh and Savannahs story is truly wonderful. I honestly could not put it down.
Savannah has been in love with Josh since she was 15 years old. But Josh is her brothers best friend. But when Josh starts the push and pull with her she decides s
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
This was the second Laura Farr book that I have read. I read Taking Chances, which was the first book in the series based on a different couple. I had some problems with some of the decisions that the characters made and the way that the plot line went so I was wary about jumping into this book. It turned out I had a right to be wary. I enjoyed this book more than Taking Chances, but it still was not my favorite.

I just found myself frustrated with the characters more than I was enjoying them. T
Mellissa Fraley
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Defying Gravity by Laura Farr is the second book in the Healing Hearts series, and it tells the story of Savannah Parker and Josh Miller.

This story was pretty adorable. There were no insane car chases, bombs going off, or other craziness that filters into these feel goods from time to time. It was just normal people, with normal problems, and buckets of emotion. I'm a bit of a sucker for the feel good story with a good dad, so this one sucked me right in.

That said it was an interesting choice
Sarah Dale
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved Laura's debut book Taking Chances and this follow up of Savannah's story is just as good if not better. Even though this can be read as a standalone I would recommend you read Taking Chances first so you can see the build up to where Savannah is now.

Josh and Savannah have had feelings for years for each other but Josh has put barriers up until he finally realises that if he doesn't act now he could lose her forever. God did I want to slap Josh numerous times before he gave in for making Sa
Lisa
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Savannah has been in love with Josh for as long as she can remember. As her brother's best friend, he has always been off limits but he has always given off mixed messages towards her. In an attempt to get over him, she has a few one nights with different men and leaves her with more than she bargained for. But rather than pushing Josh further away it brings him closer to Savannah.

This was very much a sweet and poignant read as the reason why Josh has stayed away despite his feelings for Savanna
Vickie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

After meeting Savannah and her brothers best friend Josh in Taking Chances, I've been desperate for their story.

I loved Sav from the start and this book made me love her even more. She's spent years secretly in love with her brother best friend and had to watch him parade multiple girls around in front of her but she still can't stop thinking about him. When she gets a massive wake up call she finally realised that her and Josh are never going to happen. Facing the toughest time of he
Tracey
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was the lucky girl who got to read this book as it was being written. Laura always produces amazing story lines and when she puts her words onto paper they come alive in your head and you cant help but get swept up in the love story ahead of you.
Josh and Savannah had already crept into our hearts in Taking Chances and now their story will completely blow you away.
Savannah is sassy and out there and knows what she wants and doesn't give up. But one mistake to forget the man she loves may cost
Laura Rossi
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've ever read by Laura Farr and I loved it. Okay I know I should have read the first one in the series, but something told me reading the blurb I had to grab this as soon as it came out. I was right, Savannah and Josh are my sort of couple. I don't find easy love stories engaging, I need a little bit of drama, a rocky road ahead. This book didn't let me down at all.
I felt for Savannah, her mixed emotions, her fears. Laura Farr did a great job with the story flow, I was ho
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Healing Hearts (2 books)
  • Taking Chances (Healing Hearts #1)