Start by marking “Strategy” as Want to Read:

Strategy

How much can one family take?

Jenny Carbrook murdered three people to make it look as though there was a serial killer at work in Lincoln when the only person she wanted to kill was Ray Carbrook, her father-in-law, who had raped her the week before her marriage to Mark, Ray's son.

Paperback
Published August 10th 2017 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about Strategy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strategy

Start your review of Strategy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Strategy is the follow on from the brilliant 34 Days by the author. Please do read 34 Days before reading Strategy as you will get more from it and I think if you haven’t you will struggle with not knowing events from the previous book.

I was so glad to see that the author had written another book featuring the characters from the first novel. The book and the characters had stayed with me and I had been wondering what would happen next especially where it came to Jenny.

The story flicks between
Mandy White
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I loved 34 Days and this follow up was fantastic. That poor family.. so much heartache
Susan Hampson
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
I literally finished reading 34 Days and went straight on to Strategy, it made an epic read but I have never known time go so quickly. These two books make for some superb reading but you really do have to read them in order as although there is some background information about what has gone on before you would miss far too much of how things got to this point. No one could go through what this family has without it making them into different people.
Revenge didn’t turn out sweet for Jenny, far
Susan Hunter
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this follow up to 34 Days. There were some unanswered questions from the brilliant 34 Days especially concerning Jenny Carbrook. In Strategy we once again meet Jenny and learn of her intentions. This book is every bit as good as the first. It is an edge of the seat read from start to finish. Knowing what Jenny was capable and guilty of, the suspense throughout was nerve wracking. Highly recommend this book.
Mark Tilbury
Strategy is the sequel to 34 Days, and although this book can be read as a stand alone, I'd recommend reading 34 Days first so that all the characters actions and motivations are fully understood.

This really is a page turner of a read. Just when you think one character couldn't get any more devious, they do, and I couldn't get over how much tension was built into the plot. My opinion of Jenny couldn't be more of a polar opposite now in comparison to the beginning of 34 Days. Manipulative and
Diane Hogg
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Review

A Plan of Action, A Game Plan, A Ploy, Above all a STRATEGY

Moving forward from 34 Days Anita has written Strategy, a sequel which deals with the aftermath of the murders committed by Jenny and how the rest of the family try to protect one another. Jenny had written letters detailing her crimes and now she will do anything to get them back.

Anita has written about various hard-hitting themes in 34 Days and Strategy, rape, domestic abuse, murder, blackmail, kidnapping and even a two-timing
Rebecca If Only I Could Read Faster
This is the third Anita Waller book that I have read and I will definitely be reading more. When I heard that the author had written a sequel to 34 Days, I knew that I had to read it. I had really enjoyed 34 Days and was intrigued to know what had happened after.

I have to admit that when I started to read Strategy I did wonder whether 34 Days had really warranted a sequel, was there really enough left to tell about the Carbrook family? Well, I should have trusted the author and the publishers
Owen Mullen
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Most family are dysfunctional, but none more than Jenny Carbrook and her family. Anita Waller harnessed this with great success in 34Days, and has taken it to a new level in Strategy. The author certainly knows how to hold the readers attention. When I finally put the book down I felt very satisfied. No spoilers. Enough to say that Jenny takes a bit of watching! Great stuff again and again from Anita Waller.
Caroline Vincent
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Following the devastating events of ’34 Days’, Mark does his best to raise his son and daughter whilst reconnecting with his father, but then his world collapses once again…

| Introduction |

If you have read ’34 Days’ you know what happened – why Anna walked out of her 30-year marriage and her luxurious life. Only then did she find out what had been going on and that she was not the only one living a lie. Now, somehow, the loose ends have to be tied up. Someone is planning a dangerous strategy…

Emma Mitchell
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I totally devoured Strategy, very almost in one sitting and only not all in one because I started it at 11.30 p.m. one night!
Picking up a few months after the events of 34 Days, Strategy throws us straight back in to the lives of the Carbrooks.
Mark is still getting over the breakdown of his marriage but he's not actually finding it that hard considering his ex, Jenny, murdered his dad, Ray, and a couple of other people to make it look a serial killer was at large.
As things are starting to settle
Monica Mac
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading 34 Days, I was really hoping that Anita Waller was going to write a sequel....and here it is!

Strategy is a complex, nail-biting tale of one woman's bid to get away with murder, and the ensuing tsunami of a mess it makes within her family. Jenny Carbrook isn't a bad person at the end of the day (I know, a strange thing to say about a murderer) but I couldn't help but have a certain amount of sympathy for her, for the things that had happened to her in the past. During the reading of
Craig Gillan
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sequel to 34 Days. Loved this book. The characters are fantastic and I really felt for them in places
Alexina
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow and wow again, after reading 34 Days and thoroughly enjoying it, I was satisfied with the ending... Anita Waller took on the task and has written an astonishing follow up that is astoundingly heart breaking and twisted.

We got right in to the minds of the characters from the aftermath of 34 Days and it packed a punch.

I found Strategy highly addictive reading, that was such a page turner I couldn't put it down, and with such deliverance in emotional trauma!

Highly recommend these two books that
Chris Nolan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed 34 Days, of which Strategy is a sequel, I was very much looking forward to reading this book, and I am very grateful to Bloodhound Books for the chance to have an ARC. I was in no way disappointed; this is a fast-paced, engrossing and intriguing follow-up, resolving as it does the questions which arose at the end of 34 days. The only shock is to discover what really goes on in Hartsholme Park, the childhood playground of this Lincoln lad!!
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed reading 34 Days so I was delighted to be able to get my hands on this book, the follow up, and to be able to take part in the blog tour! I thought that the pace was spot on for 34 Days and I was hooked after the first few pages so I was interested to see of Anita could do it again with this one… The book was spot on andI loved where this story took you.

After reading 34 DaysI desperately wanted to see what would happen to Jenny, would
mrs d j sanger
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Brilliant read it in two sittings could not put it down. This is the fifth book of Anita's and have enjoyed them all.:-)
Mistress  #darklings
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, as most of you may know, Strategy is the follow up to Anita's bestseller '34 Days'.
In 34 Days we are first introduced to the Carbrook family. After a deep hidden family secret is exposed we were left with an explosive finale that was just screaming for a sequel! Strategy is the result, and OMG...how absolutely, freaking awesome was it?!? This is one of those very rare things, the sequel (unbelievably, in my opinion) just has an edge on the first.
We meet Jenny again 3 months later, living
Dianna W
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this as a stand alone and to be honest I'm surprised I was able to finish it. The character creation did nothing for me and I found the whole concept to be beyond even my talent for excusing fiction.
Sally
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strategy

This one was well written yes and normally I really like this authors works. Sorry, but these characters were not my favorite except maybe Grace and Adam. Just didn't do for me one bit.
Leona
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Strategy immediately after reading 34 Days so I'm not sure if this book should/could be read as a "stand alone." I liked the continuation of the story and was very happy with the conclusion.

Everything was wrapped up very well, but I must say I couldn't understand Sebastian's acceptance of Jenny's actions so easily. I also was appalled by the "wave of applause" by the persons gathered for the daughter's cremation. Is that actually done in England?

Although I am a lawyer in the U.S., I know
John
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anita Waller's '34 Days' was the book that I just didn't want to let go, and the sequel 'Strategy' more than fulfilled my need to continue with this compelling story.
Jenny Carbrook having been identified as a serial killer by her family due to incriminating letters now in the family's possession has been told to leave the country and never come back or the letters will be handed over to the police. The family decision was made to ensure young Adam Carbrook did not find out that his real father
Caroline
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started Strategy yesterday and finished it 10 mins ago. I was hooked right from the start and just kept reading. I didn't know that this was a sequel when I started reading it although as the story unfolded, I realised that the characters had too much history and there probably was a previous book. Saying that, it wasn't a problem and didn't spoil this read in any way. It can definitely be read as a standalone. The main family are close and I really felt a connection to them. I had tears ...more
Julie Smith
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jenny wrote letters detailing her crimes in order to protect everyone she loved but was forced to go into hiding before retrieving the evidence against her. Not only did she leave the letters behind but also her young daughter, Grace.

Now Jenny has a
Patricia Dixon
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked from the very first page.

What can I say?
Apart from this is another excellent book by the author who hooked me with Malignant and thankfully, the follow- up Strategy was ready and waiting on Amazon.
From the very first page I was once again immersed in the lives of the Carbrook family, due mostly to the excellent portrayal of their relationships and the tragedy that surrounded them. But it was the drip drip effect of hidden menace that drew me in further, and at times I wanted to shout
David Liscio
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, you can pick your friends but not your relatives, and if you just happen to be a member of the Carbrook family, tragedy can't be far off.
As thousands of readers who enjoyed Anita Waller's best-selling 34 Days can attest, the story screamed for a followup. The author delivered it with Strategy, sensing we wanted and needed to know more about the Carbrooks and the skeletons in their closet.
Strategy is a thriller with plenty of tension and suspense. Although it can be read as a stand-alone,
Lisa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

I couldn't remember reading the first book in the series, but it didn't take long for the story to cone back to me reading this. I would recommend reading both books even though this one could be read as a stand alone, there is so much more to the background of the story that you can only get by reading both.

The first book received massively conflicting reviews more so than most and on w I have finished Strategy I have to say I fall into the category in favour. I enjoyed both and this
Val
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read from Anita Waller

This author writes the most awesome books and gets better and better!
Strategy is a fast paced follow on from 34 days. It continues withe the Carbrook family , Jenny is desperate to get the letters returned to her and will go to extremes to get them
I would recommend reading 34 days first then continue with this brilliant follow on.
It made me gasp in places. To rate read. Highly recommend.
Lesley Condy
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Well written second book that had me gripped and compelled to finish. Plenty of detail about each character, made me feel like I was sitting round that kitchen table or in Marks office with them, finding out the New information that's came to light, with each chapter I was intrigued to find out what was happening with the other's I think there's scope for more from these characters!
Karen Mcnicol
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anita Waller does it again! This follow up to her novel "34 Days" was just as good. What is Jenny up to this time? You would think someone who has done as much damage as she did would just quietly go away, she WAS given a get out of jail free card by Mark so why stick around? This book had me turning the pages as fast as I could read them not knowing what I was going to find at the end! What she thought was love will be her undoing.
Tanya Stewart
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"34 Days" was just the beginning!

Excellent sequel to a particularly twisted, fabulous thriller novel! Both books will keep you spellbound and your emotions all over the place as the unexpected happens over and over again! Wonderful character development and execution of a complex storyline! The prequel was awesome and the sequel is every bit as good!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Grace
  • Murder In The Dark
  • The Healer
  • Living the Dream: Suspenseful & Shocking.
  • Spare Room
  • The Girl on Gander Green Lane
  • The Woman at Number 19
  • Best Friends Forever
  • Crime in the Hospital (Detective Markham Mystery #4)
  • I Want You Gone
  • The Girl in Red
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • Crime in the Convent (Detective Markham Mystery #3)
  • Poison Orchids
  • Deserve To Die
  • Suspicion
  • Crime in the School (Detective Markham Mystery #2)
  • The Girl In His Eyes
I live in Sheffield, UK. I am retired and have recently fulfilled my lifelong ambition of becoming a published author with Bloodhound Books.
I am married (almost 50 years to Dave) with three children and seven grandchildren.
I am a patchwork and quilting tutor as well as a writer.
My first book was Beautiful and my second, a sequel to Beautiful, is called Angel.