Start by marking “Song of the Nightpiper: A Fantasy Romance” as Want to Read:
Song of the Nightpiper: A Fantasy Romance

Song of the Nightpiper: A Fantasy Romance

Magic is disappearing from Fallucia and Rennic. Each country blames the other and hoards what power remains. Magical Talent is prized above all else. In Fallucia, magic is concentrated in the families of the Lords of High Places, but Lady Anlin hasn't the least glimmer of ability. What she does have is a will of steel, forged in despair and tempered by years of slavery in ...more
Paperback
Published July 30th 2017 by Singing Spring Press

To ask other readers questions about Song of the Nightpiper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of the Nightpiper

Kate Parker
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's a reason this book finaled in the Ritas. Different than the usual paranormal yet as hopeful as the brightest romance. Worth the read.
Louisa Cornell
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Rita nominated fantasy romance is what great romance and world-building is all about. At the heart of the story is a great love against all odds. A poignant epic romance in a world unique to this genre. Nuanced and subtle it is easy to submerse yourself into this story and never want to leave. I highly recommend Song of the Nightpiper as a breath of fresh air in the genres of fantasy and paranormal romance. Cannot wait to read a sequel !!
Susan Chapek
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favorite kind of historical--a recognizably real world (with lots of scrumptious details of clothing, pastimes, travel, farming, relationships), to which is added just one brilliant fantasy aspect. In this case, the fantasy is two invented religions, how they compete and how their articles of faith affect every other aspect of the story. The fantasy is clever, believable, and grounded--because it's so detailed and integral.
The characters are real and engaging from the start, and their quests
Jeffe Kennedy
This is a lovely romance with a compelling hero and heroine. I loved the initial premise and enjoyed the book thoroughly. It read to me more like a medieval romance with some magic salted-in than a fantasy romance. This has the effect of giving the heroine a more passive role as the story progresses. I'd had high hopes for her to do interesting things, but the hero really took over the story that way. Still, an enjoyable read!
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great world building. Really enjoyed the building of the relationships among the main characters.
Sherri Lupton Lupton
Without Magic

Horrors done for good are still horrible. Honor compassion and love are indeed magical. As I read Song of the Nightpiper I was constantly thinking of our own political upheaval and the continuing battle over religion. Like this work of fiction, we could dispell much of our fears by simply listening to those who are different and learning about their lives.
Anlin and Faulk were considered lesser for their lack of magic but with their ordinariness they proved more valuable than the h
Donna
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally drawn to Medieval romance, and I had started one that I put down, then I discovered this one my Ms. Meredith. I devoured it and loved it. She has created a universe of two completely different societies that have lived with preconceived notions for generations. The characters are well crafted and complex. You will enjoy this one!
Diane K. Peterson
An unusual historical fantasy story. I don't often read fantasy, but I enjoyed this story. This fantasy world is divided by the issue of magic. The Fallucian Lords of High Places have and use magic, but the Rennish do not, therefore they are enemies. Anlin is captured at age 12 and sold into Rennish slavery. During this time she has a son who was sold away from her. Years later, returned to her family, there is a contest for her hand and for lands from her father. Faulk, who also has a difficult ...more
Lita Acevedo
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very charming story that I really liked. I loved the characters and found the stories plausible with the exception of the magic.

The story would have been better had there been a good editor to catch the various typos and mistakes in verbiage or syntax, otherwise it was top notch.
Airwreckah