Start by marking “Beyond the Pine” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Pine

Beyond the Pine

Watch and pray that you may not enter temptation... What if in one moment, you find out your life-your entire existence was a lie? When rogue, nomad biker Asher Reed finds himself on the side of the road injured from an accident, he assumes he's taken his final ride. Waking days later in an infirmary located within a secret, religious compound, his first impulse is to run. ...more
Published July 1st 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Pine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Pine

Start your review of Beyond the Pine
Hooked On Books
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book actually gripped me and held me until the last the last word. The lies, the religion, the lust, the passion, and the taboo. There was so much in this book that just left me wanting more of Riley and Asher and just to get another glimpse into their world of love and dealing with the obstacles that were thrown at them.
I enjoyed the authors writing I was never lost, never lost interest I had to have more. I wanted there to be more. Not many can grip a reader and leave them speechless but
Jenna
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
I can't say enough about this book.. it was darkest of the dark, the lightest of the light.. it was Holy and it was evil.. at the root of it all was a really amazing forbidden romance.

I gave this book 5 stars because I read it in less than a day (with 2 children and a puppy that's saying something!) I literally COULD NOT put it down. I've never in my life read a book with this theme.. but it did not disappoint!

I've loved every book Kate has written.. but this one is different (so different)
Tracy
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My emotions are all over the place after finishing this book. Riley thought her life at the compound was the only way to live. That indeed was not the case. Asher's accident is terrible and the compound takes him in to heal. Riley quickly starts to learn not all is what is seems. Loyalty and friendship is the only salvation she has after what she has learned. But Asher promises to keep her safe no matter the cost. The ending is intense and emotional. Trust is something that has to be earned but ...more
Michelle Austin
description

Beyond the Pine by Kate Benson was a great 4 star read.
This is very different than what I am used to reading. It says its a dark romance but Im not sure that I agree with that. Dont get me wrong it was great but to me dark takes a lot more than what Beyond the Pine gave me.

Riley Chapman is living in a community stashed away in the woods that seems like a religious cult.
She was born and raised in this community and it is all she knows.

Asher Reed is a
Cheryl
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Beyond The Pine by Kate Benson

Review done for Hooked on Books & CherryOBlossoms Promotions

5 out of 5 stars

Riley Chapman has no idea about life outside the compound she grew up in. Riley has been brought up to serve the Lord. She has never even stepped foot outside the property.

Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I'm a massive fan of Kate Benson and her writing style and although this book is a little different to what Kate's written before it doesn't take anything away from its awesomeness.

Riley has lived a very sheltered life in the community she lives in where as Asher is a roamer and never really stays in one place long enough to put down roots but as soon as these two meet there's this instant connection between them.

It's a story of a forbidden romance between two people that come from very
P. Marie
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a forbidden romance, its where a pure soul meets a damaged soul and its also where Evil is disguised. This is a different story then what you are use to seeing from Kate Benson but rest assured that you will not be disappointed. I loved every word in this book it had me from the first page. Riley and Asher will steal your heart, but be prepared Kate Benson never allows her readers to relax and this story is no different.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
Beyond The Pine is the first book I have read by Kate Benson. I can honestly say that I am impressed with her gift of storytelling. I was immediately drawn into the story within the first few paragraphs. I was held captive by the characters and their story. Unlike them, I was not looking for escape. I wanted to experience every moment with them.

When I read the synopsis for Beyond The Pine, I was intrigued. Not many authors attempt this kind of story plot because of the magnitude of
Three Chicks
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

Riley has spent her whole life on the religious farming community where she lives. She literally has never stepped off of it and has little knowledge of the outside world.

We'd heard stories of what happened out beyond our farm. While I'd secretly been intrigued by the promise of something different, I'd been assured nothing beyond the tree line was safe, feeding my fears.

Her mother passed away last year, and Riley trained under her tutelage for administering to the sick. Now
Gemma Downing
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Reviewed by Gemma on behalf of Your Next Hot Read

I really really enjoyed this book. It had me gripped to the very end and even in the epilogue I was holding my breath waiting to find out.. ahh spoilers!

The book follows Riley Chapman, an 18 year old woman who lives a simple life in what can only be described as a commune. She lives on a farm with a community who toil the land, harvest their own crops etc. but have no electricity, mobile phones and the entire family revolves around
Christie72
~5 ++ Stars~

What do you want, Riley? To belong to you, I admit shamelessly, returning his kiss as I slowly back into the empty stall behind us. Even if, its just once, meant only for this moment, Asher. I want to be yours.

I begin this review by saying Beyond the Pine is one of those rare, beautiful books that makes writing a review difficult. Im not sure I have the adequate words to illustrate how moving, beautiful, and magical it truly is.

Its a story about oppositesdark vs. light, good versus
Wit & Wonder Books
***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AND HONEST REVIEW***

Having not read anything by Kate Benson before I was quite looking forward to reading Beyond The Pine as I ad only heard great things about her books. That being said I didn't think I would enjoy this book just as much as I did, 4.5 stars.

This book is different from what I had been reading of late, different than most of whats out there just now I think and that made it that much more enjoyable. A tale of forbidden romance with so
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

This book was really unlike anything I have read before. The synopsis was intriguing enough to have me break away from the norm and try something new. I have to say once I started I really didn't stop. This world that Riley lived in was fascinating with a tiny bit of strange and whole lot of "not in my lifetime." Riley lives a simple life, a Sister in this religious community that is completely closed off from the outside world. Being that she just turned 18 she is been given her path and just
Alison
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I havent come across this author before but I was offered this to review so thought I would give it a whirl. At the beginning I really wasnt sure where it was going or if it would be to my taste. The overwhelming religious aspect nearly made me quit but Im glad I continued as it all fell into context.
Riley is the young lady who lives in a commune known as the farm. She has a limited knowledge of life. The Reverand is so strict and rules with a very heavy threatening hand. She works in the
Patti K
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a whirlwind! There is so much about this suspenseful tale that pushes all the right buttons for me. I can't say it enough, that, as far as I'm concerned, characters are everything in a story. If an author can make me feel, can induce love or hate for at least one character, then I'm usually sold. When more than one character inspires a reaction in me, then it would take some substantial displeasure about the rest of the book for me to give it less than three stars. I can't think of many ...more
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xyz
5 out of 5 stars

When Riley turns 18, she is chosen to assist the Reverend. She is also betrothed to his son. Unfortunately, Riley knows that Josiah is in love with her friend Sara. She tries to convince the Reverend to change his mind but it is of no use.

To make matters worse, a gorgeous stranger is brought into the compound
RBCRRBLOGGER
Reviewing on behalf of Relentless Book Chics Ramblings and Reviews

Riley Chapman is happy with her life in the commune where she lives. She has her faith and the people in the community have become her family. She has a coveted role as the reverends assistant and that should be enough to keep her happy but shes always wondered what lies beyond the Pine trees, the barrier between her and the world shes never known.

Asher Reed is a nomad biker and has no place he calls home, the road is his church.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riley Chapman lives a severe life of order, reverence, and duty. She holds the best position as the assistant to the Reverend, but she finds herself longing for more (Cue Little Mermaid song). Her life takes on new meaning when a mysterious man is found in the woods, after wrecking his bike. Nomad biker Asher Reed is convinced he's taken his final ride after he crashes his bike, instead, he wakes up in an infirmary within the walls of a secret, religious order. Asher's ready to run asap, until a ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

I'd never read any of Kate Benson's books before Beyond the Pine. The blurb didn't sound like anything I'd normally read. But there was something about this book that made me think.. why not? Let's give it a go.

I am really happy I did, as I couldn't put it down.

Annamaria
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Forbidden Stars! Kate is living a very sheltered life from the outside world. She is living on a farm where she works in the infirmary and with the reverend. One day while in the fields she hears a commotion and finds a man who was injured after a motorcycle crash. Asher finds himself falling for Kate and they they have a mutual attraction towards one another. Their love is forbidden, secretive and mysterious so what will they do to have their happily ever after? The author takes us through ...more
Melanie
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I am really happy I did, as I couldn't put it down.

The characters and story drew me in from the start, and I could just feel it in the writing that something was going to happen. And not all of it was going to be good, for the characters at least, lol. That's what kept me reading, the
Lita Thomas
Beyond the Pine by Kate Benson is an interesting story of a girl name Riley who has spent her entire life living in a religious compound I call The Farm. One day as she and the Reverend were inspecting the east side were the garden was they hear a cry for help. Just outside the Farm they find a man injured from a motorcycle accident. Taking him to the infirmary Asher finds himself teleported to a time long gone. He however sees Riley and has an instant attraction to him. She has an attraction to ...more
Heather Heck
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The storyline of Beyond the Pine was very different from most books I've read, and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Kate Benson can write any type of story and find a way to draw you in and keep you hanging til the last word!
Asher and Riley are the most unlikely of couples on the surface but deep down they share an unbelievable connection. The differences of their worlds test their faith and desires over and over and set out to destroy that connection.
But can true love really ever be denied?!
I 100%
Charlotte Spence
Kate Benson has done it again with another amazing story. Beyond the Pine is totally different from Kate's usual writing. This is a powerful read about a forbidden romance. When Asher and Riley meet by accident and are drawn to each, will their opposite lifestyles! Will they be able to fight their feelings and go their own ways or will their love and fate keeping them together to live a new life and bring new begins? Kate has you gripped again, getting you drawn into the story that you can't put ...more
Katie Montgomery
5*****read

I was lucky enough to receive an arc of this book and I couldn't wait to get stuck in.

As usual I was not disappointed in this book at all it was brilliant. Full of what Kate does best... Supplying us with angst, love and plot twists.

The characters were extremely loveably, strong and weren't afraid to show their weaknesses no matter what gets thrown at them. The plot will have you gripped and you won't be able to put it down.
Kim Quick
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

When I first started reading it, it was not what I was expecting at all, having read all of Kate's previous works. It was vastly different from what I'd come to expect from her, but in the best way possible! It was amazing! The more I read, the more I absolutely fell in love with Asher and Riley. That reverend though... I kind of wanted God to smite him something fierce!

Love, love, love this story! Thank you Kate for sharing these amazing characters with me.
Stacy Aube
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

Riley has lived her life sheltered from the outside world. Living on the farm you have no choices.
Asher had an accident just beyond the border where they find him and help him heal. The emotions between the two are inspiring. The troubles they face are fearless.
Overall a great book.
Karen James
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasnt sure where this one was going !

Reviewed for hooked on books & cherry0blossom promotions.

Such a sad story of Riley Chapman friends an family in a community that was so misguided, asher comes along at such an important time. Along with the corruption this story also comes the loyalty love and commitment.
Jen Andrews
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Kate's writing is absolutely perfect for this story. It makes you feel like you're in a real life religious compound from another time. The way she keeps Asher and Riley as separate characters who speak their own language, but still find that connection, is perfect.

This book has lots of twists and turns and keeps you guessing. Highly recommend.
Jecca
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty

• Drop Dead Dirty
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Indefinite (Salvation, #6)
  • Arranged
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7)
  • Consolation (Salvation, #3; The Consolation Duet, #1)
  • One Man (Naked Trilogy, #1)
  • Conviction (Salvation, #4; The Consolation Duet, #2)
  • Igniting Ivy (Men on Fire #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful Lies: The Complete Series (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1-4)
  • His Demand (Dirtier Duet #1)
  • Her Submission (Dirtier Duet, #2)
  • Después del amor
  • Black Edge (Black Edge, #1)
  • Black Limit (Black Edge, #5)
  • Black Rules (Black Edge, #2)
  • Black Bounds (Black Edge, #3)
  • The Boy I Grew Up With
Kate Benson was raised in Texas and currently resides in central Florida with her husband, their two dogs and two cats. She learned to read at the age of four and has been hooked ever since.
She credits her passion for literature to her mother, her love of story-telling to her father and her unwavering faith in happily-ever-afters to her husband, Sean.
Some of her favorite things include rainy