Start by marking “Folded Steel: More Tales of the Weird and Woeful” as Want to Read:
Folded Steel: More Tales of the Weird and Woeful

Folded Steel: More Tales of the Weird and Woeful

What secrets lie beneath the many layers of Folded Steel? What impurities remain like ink on pages to tell tales of miseries endured and hardships faced? What cruel ironies can be fashioned from crude iron torn from a scorched earth? The answers are sheathed within this horrid collection of demented fantasy! 1. The New Madrid Horror 2. Altar of Alternative 3. The Laws of S ...more
Published July 28th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Folded Steel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Folded Steel

Start your review of Folded Steel: More Tales of the Weird and Woeful
Robbie
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started off reading this book excited for the story 'New Madrid Horror' as I had heard it was a Lovecraft-influenced tale. That certainly was the case, but while I loved Madrid Horror, I was surprised to find that it ultimately ended up not being my favorite story. Instead, I found myself unable to put the book down so long as 'For the Hand of Kimbra' remained unfinished.

This collection of short stories is a lot of fun but don't be misled by its length: there's a lot to unpack, and
Kingsley
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Contained with his book are six stories, all varied and interesting showing the ability of the author to provide great variety in the short form.

The shortest (Altar of Alternative) clocks in at less than a minute, and is a fun little story/poem playing on alternative bands and artists. The longest (For the Hand of Kimbra) takes up more than half the book and clocks in at 1:30 hours. It tells the story of a princess fallen in love with her guard and the King wanting to separate the tw
Cmoore
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good solid offering of short stories by Aaron Hollingsworth!
I listened to the audio version narrated by Danny Montooth... this book has an interesting mix of horror and fantastical stories... ranging from very short flash-fiction to some longer pieces... I particularly liked  For the Hand of Kimbra. This is a relatively short book, consisting of 6 stories and you could easily listen to it in one session or take your time and save it for short commutes.
John D
May 21, 2019
Caitlin
Feb 24, 2018
Simon Gibson
May 21, 2019
Aaron Hollingsworth
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• The Treason of Isengard (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • World War I and the Triumph of a New Japan, 1919-1930
  • The Wrath of Lords (Warden of Fál Book 1)
  • A Cruise to Murder (A Rachel Prince Mystery #1)
  • The Firemaker (China Thrillers, #1)
  • Prey on Patmos  (Andreas Kaldis, #3)
  • The Secret World: A History of Intelligence
  • The Korean War
  • Let There Be Dark
  • Silvertongue (Remnants of Magic, #1)
  • Magic and Mayhem (Pangea Online #2)
  • The Bowman Boys (The Sultan Saga Book 1)
  • The Black Dahlia (L.A. Quartet, #1)
  • Immortal Door
  • Funicular
  • The Killer Next Door
  • Dead Case
Aaron Hollingsworth is the author of the ongoing science fantasy series Four Winds-One Storm, the weird fiction novella The Apothecary of Mantua: A Supernatural Sequel to Romeo and Juliet, and the French swashbuckling fantasy novella The Broken Bards of Paris.

He self-publishes his books under the press name Eighfold Wrath Books, and lives in Kansas City, MO with his wife and cover artist, Stephanie.

Fun Fact: Aaron is a