Start by marking “A Season of Love: A Christmas Anthology” as Want to Read:
A Season of Love: A Christmas Anthology

A Season of Love: A Christmas Anthology

At Christmastime, love is just a wish away! Join master romance writer Carla Kelly in this joyful celebration of the most wonderful time of the year. Set in regency England, these Christmas tales will take you from dangerous adventures on snowy roads to cozy little cottages, filled with holiday mischief. Five fun stories in one book!

SEASON’S REGENCY GREETINGS
Let Nothing Yo
Published October 10th 2017 by Sweetwater Books

To ask other readers questions about A Season of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Season of Love

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
The writing of Carla Kelly is so refreshing, I always look forward to reading a story by her. And this one has five stories! The characters are ones that are easy to like, and I quickly connected with them and their feelings through the various struggles or trials they are enduring. I appreciate that they are strong people with admirable traits, and most of the conflict comes from exterior sources. Overall the stories are sweet, but they still contain the author's trademark grittiness and realis ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I consider myself a huge Carla Kelly fan and have read many of her books, I have yet to get through them all. I appreciate her honesty in a story. She has an amazing way with words and I have yet to read one of her books that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.

This is a collection of short stories told around the Christmas Season. All of the stories have been printed before, but I was surprised that I haven't read most of them. That surprised me, because, I read everything of hers that I can get my hands
Sydney
A novella compilation of previously published Season’s Regency Greetings and Regency Christmas Gifts, Carla Kelly has combined these collections into a new full five story volume collection. These novella holiday reads focus on family, love, marriage, and a bit of mischief during the holidays in the regency world. These stories are sweet, fun, and family friendly. The characters are real and full of life as they deal with struggles that readers can easily relate to. This collection is for all re ...more
Melody
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
All of the stories were so good! I loved them all! I love Christmas, I love Regency-era novels, I love clean romance... Yes, this was a great book. *happy sigh*

5 stars!
Kristi
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some of these I have read in other anthologies or perhaps on their own, but I did not mind re-reading them as they were nice for the holiday season.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Another book read for #HoHoHoRAT! Loved this novella collection!! Review is live on the blog tomorrow.
Meagan Myhren-bennett
A Season of Love
By Carla Kelly

A Season of Love is a delightful 5-in-1 book. Five short stories centered around Christmas and the main characters are in varying degrees of despair or just plain unhappy with sudden and unexpected changes in their lives.

Let Nothing You Dismay finds Miss Cecilia Ambrose accompanying a young student, a Lady Lucinda Chase, to her home. But instead of Lucinda's parents, she instead finds Lord Trevor Chase at the home of his elder brother. When an unexpected turn of eve
kate
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost a five.

Great short stories. Typical heart warming Carla. One glitch. In No Room at the Inn the heroine's mother's younger brothers son is referred to as her nephew. No he's not . That's her cousin. At least that's the way it works in my family
That's not what cost it a star though. The last story was about two cousins in love. I know. I know. It was done more often back in the day. It still seems icky to me. Especially since they were close cousins from childhood. Plus it seemed the word c
Patti
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have reviewed these short stories by Carla Kelly before in their separate books, but I bought and reread them all in this compilation with the beautiful new cover. (It will replace the two old ones in my Christmas stories collection.) 4 1/2 stars from this fan.

I absolutely loved “Let Nothing You Dismay”, “The Lasting Gift”, “Faithfully Yours” and “Lucy’s Bang-Up Christmas”. It’s been two years since I’ve read them all and I absolutely recommend each of these heart-warming Christmas stories.

Th
Ashley
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: didnt-finish
I really, really loved this book! The cutest short stories about love and happiness. This is literally my kind of book, short and sweet :) I love romance novels, especially when they are clean novels. Probably why I really like reading Young Adult books too! Mary and Jo’s story is probably my favorite so far. There’s just something about service, genuine love, and a happy ending that makes my heart melt. Okay, but I also REALLY love Mary Ann and Thomas’ love story. Something about it was just so ...more
Diana
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. Sometimes the Christmas setting added nothing to the story but that's okay. Each of the stories was different enough to be interesting but true to the author's reliable quality.
Elaine
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The thing I liked best about this Christmas anthology is that on top of the superb settings, the worthy characters are trying make the world a better place by looking outward to those around them who are struggling. Five stars because I would read this again.
Amanda
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me longer than normal to finish this book because of work, which was unfortunate, but it was a great book. I don't love short stories, because I always want more than I am given, but Carla does a great job with how she writes her short stories. I would definitely recommend any of her books.
Shana
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful Christmas read!

Romance and Christmas just seem to go together and Carla Kelly has the talent to have the joy of both with some tender tears to experience both kinds of joy.
BJ
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good
A number of short stories, different settings that lead to HEA. I liked some stories more than others - always a nice read.
Catherine
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely stories of true Christmas

A lovely grouping of 3 beautiful stories of the true meaning of Christmas. I read it every year as a present to myself.
Elizabeth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
While the book cover states that all the short stories are reprints no where when ordering on Amazon is this important info noted.
Lydia
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful collection that will bring your emotions to the front and make you smile. Carla' Sweetwater publications are truly gems filled with historical stories with heart.
Jessica
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
A fun collection of five Christmas-themed regency short stories. Some were better than others, they were all a bit too tidy, and there were a few typos throughout. But it was a perfect diversion for me during the holidays.
MaryBliss
A heads up: This anthology contains the same stories that are in another of Carla Kelly’s short story collections: “Regency Christmas Gifts: Three Stories”.
Lisa
Nov 28, 2017
Barbara
Dec 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Although Carla Kelly is well known among her readers as a writer of Regency romance, her main interest (and first writing success) is Western American fiction—more specifically, writing about America's Indian Wars. Although she had sold some of her work before, it was not until Carla began work in the National P