Start by marking “Fatal Lies” as Want to Read:
Fatal Lies

Fatal Lies

From USA Today Bestselling Author Kristen Luciani comes a steamy and suspenseful mafia romance novella that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I knew I’d never get out.

They knew they had me...until they lost me.

But that’s the thing about this life. You’re never lost for too long.

Sooner or later, they will find you.

And they’ll either kill you, no questions asked, or you

Published July 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Lies

Dri ✰
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3 STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“How ironic that I found love in the pits of hell...”

This is the first book I read from this author.
A short and quick read. A novella with interesting characters and a suspenseful story that intrigued me and kept me trying to figure out what will comes next.
The story have a fast pace and at times I felt a little confused because of that.
Although I have guessed the plot twist, overall, it was a decent read and I enjoyed it.
Tina Morgan
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This novella is packed full of mystery,intrigue, and some sexy times that I was very surprised and happy!!! And I of course finished this book in one sitting,I just couldn't put it down trying to figure out what was going on! And how it was going to turn and exactly what side Braxton was working and was Loren going to survive. And this will be all I'm giving you guys besides if you want a great book that is full of all these great things and will be a quick read for you then this is the p ...more
Saunders
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
First read of this author.

short fast and furious.
Alex ♈
Dec 20, 2018 marked it as maybe-not-sure-yet
Stacy Jo
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Say what! A new genre for Kristen and she nailed it! This story is an awesome suspense with hot romance blended in! A must read!
Heather Charles
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short quick read ! It is dark, has suspense and romance ! Once you start reading you won't be able to put down until you get to the end. !!
Sassy Southern
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read a whole new side of Kristen Luciani. Fatal Lies is dark and sinister. In a world where you don't know who to trust, Loren and Braxton are thrown together. Falling in love would mean a death sentence for them both. On the run and separated Loren is losing hope. Can these two find each other again and can they ever achieve the happiness and peace they crave? Hold onto your seats for this intense mafia story.
Teresa Lara
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this novella.Need more of Braxton and Loren.intense beautiful emotional intriguing. Amazing read kept u on the edge
Maura
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristen is a one click author for me. I have never been disappointed by her writing as her stories lean towards sexy, contemporary romance with smoking hot sex. Fatal Lies has the smoking hot part down but is a different genre.

This short story kind of starts out in the middle of a thought. It took me a second to settle in and once I did, I was in for a fantastic ride. I'm so glad, because I was afraid that it would be completely out of my wheel house. I enjoyed every minute of it.

This is a fast
Kathy Wideman
Kristen is a new to me author. I liked this book but I did feel a bit confused. Things are explained but not till the very end. This is a short quick read. This book has mystery, danger, romance, and some angst. One the run and not being able to trust anyone after witnessing a murder. Loren doesn’t know who to trust and is missing her life. She had just found and fell in love with a man and now she doesn’t know if she will ever see him again. Not everything is as it seems. Loren will have to dec ...more
Marialee
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Kristen Luciani's that I have read and I loved it. This book will keep you guessing on what is going on and who is on which side. The twists, the turns, the steamy scenes all in one short, quick read. You will not want to put it down. Just when you think you might know what is going on or what is going to happen it changes and you are surprised with the outcome. Great quick read that will not disappoint.
Tessa
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fatal Lies was more than I ever expected. The Prologue grabbed my attention and I couldn’t put this down until the very last page. Fatal Lies has suspense, mystery and “on the edge of your seat”, “heart beating fast” anxiousness. I couldn’t believe how much was in this story. I am still reeling from it. This couple has such an intense chemistry but are in grave danger. The suspense alone had me ignoring the world around me. Grab this little thriller of a love story that’s full of amazing wr ...more
Judy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! My head is still spinning after this one!! A quick novella that is PACKED full!! I couldn't read it fast enough! The reader is fed little pieces of what's really going on throughout the book, but it's just enough to make you think one thing and then it goes in the opposite direction!!

Great story! Hot, sexy, twists, turns, deceptive and the characters were great! Definitely a book I'd read again and recommend!!
Carol Seymour
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Coffman
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
I knew Kristen could write hot short stories but this is her first dark short story and it did not disappoint.

Braxton is he a bad guy or a good guy? You'll find out in the end.

Loren is wanted by the bad men and on the run. Should she trust Braxton to help her?

A dark short dark read that I couldn't put down. Kristen nailed it again.
Cynthia
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristen is a new author to me and to start off with this books was great. This book is a quick read. It's full of romance, suspense and twists and turns. Braxton and Loren are two amazing characters. You can feel their connection and bond. I highly recommend you read this. I received an ARC copy at no cost from the author for my honest review.
Natalie Johnson
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loren works in a restaurant where a man is murdered. Braxton gives her money and sends her to stay in his apartment. Can they get away from the mafia that Braxton works for and get there Dream of a happily ever after?

This novella is action packed and filled with twists and turns all the way to the end. It is a quick read that I couldn’t put down.
Jennifer  Ingalls
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a suspense filled and fast paced read! Written in dual pov, yet you still feel like you are missing the whole picture until you reach the end, but that’s a major part of what keeps you frantically turning pages until you realize it’s the end!! Great read and I will definitely read more from this author!
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Lies is a quick, action-packed, dark mafia romance story packed with plenty of suspense, mystery, danger, twists and turns, steamy scenes and so much more.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is definitely different then her other books and I enjoyed it. I would have even enjoyed more to their story. One things for sure, she threw a wrench in there. At least to me, and I'm pretty good and most things.

I highly recommend this book.
Michele Del Rey
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book packed quite a punch. I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters were great apart and together. This is the second book I have read from this author and I will be reading more.
Dawn Pressel
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
New to me author

The story is quick but totally absorbing. Is Brax a good guy or a bad guy? A cop working under cover? A mafia hit man? OMG WTAF

Any hints will be a spoiler...
Debbie Eichler
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book definitely kept me guessing. It took right until the end to figure out who the bad guys were! Great romantic suspense!
Heather A Bamer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great page turner! I didn’t want to put the book
down at all. The storyline has a lot of great twist and turns. The ending is never what I would have expected when I was reading the book, but I was happy to see it end the way it did.
Kendra Needs
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my second read by this author, and I was not disappointed. This book a short, fast read, but what you do get is packed with bang. There are so many twists and turns that you don't know what is going to happen next.

With all the suspense and intrigue, tied in nicely is a little bit of sexy time. This is a must read.
ashlea
Jul 19, 2018
Melissa Ann
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has so much intense scenes I almost couldn't breathe! Kristen Luciani is fast becoming one of my fave authors! "Fatal Lies" follows you on a heart-racing, non-stop intense ride! Braxton is all alpha and will have you swooning! And I love Loren, she's such a strong heroine! Together these two were dynamite! This story is movie-worthy and I didn't want it to end!
Mandy Saial
Mar 19, 2019
Misty Warner
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. This is my first book from this author. It's a quick read. A romantic suspense with a HEA ending.
Braxton works for the mafia. He's trying to get out. He wants a quiet life with his girlfriend Loren. But he's had to hide her because the boss wants to sell her in his prostitution ring. Now he has to keep her safe but he just can't stay away from her.
Very good book. Definitely recommend it.
Kristen Luciani is a USA Today bestselling romance author, momtrepreneur, and beauty product junkies with a penchant for stilettos, Silicon Valley, plunging necklines and grapefruit martinis. As a deep-rooted romantic who prefers juicy drama to fill the lives of anyone other than her, she tried her hand at creating a world of enchantment, sensuality, and intrigue, finally uncovering her true passi ...more