Start by marking “The Holiday Cruise” as Want to Read:
The Holiday Cruise

The Holiday Cruise

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
As if it weren't enough to be cheated on by her husband of ten years, Yorkshire lass Hannah Davis is losing her beauty salon business too. Luckily, her big sister is there to pick up the pieces, but Hannah is determined to find some independence.

Impulsively, Hannah applies for a spa job...on a cruise ship! Christmas in the Caribbean, springtime in the Mediterranean, what'
Published September 15th 2017 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday Cruise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holiday Cruise

Carrie
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It hasn't been easy the last few months for Hannah Davis, her husband had cheated on her and left her for a younger woman and now that she's trying to pull herself together she's finding she just may lose her beauty salon business too. After closing for several weeks her customers seem to have moved on to a rival business leaving Hannah alone and broke and not sure what to do with her life.

Meeting a young woman with a nail crisis Hannah finds herself chatting away about life at sea. The lady sh
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I demand a sequel! Those are the only rational and logical thoughts I can come out with at the second as I'm in awe of how much I enjoyed it.

Actually enjoy was the wrong word, I think I lived Hannah's journey with her, and from my own experiences can I just say that the author was spot on in so many ways with this this book. The descriptions of the ports, it was like I was there seeing them, taking me back to my own previous cruises that have visited some of these places.

And then there is this
Liina
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hannah decides to take a new turn in her life and goes to work on a cruise ship after she lost basically everything- her husband, beauty salon and a home. At first Hannah is still hesitating about leaving, because she's hoping that her marriage can be saved, but her sister is persuading her to go. On the cruise Hannah meets a lot of great co-workers and gets to see a lot of beautiful places, which slowly makes her forget her unfaithful husband and really start living the life she desires. On the ...more
Lisa Houston
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from start to finish. Really didnt want it to end. Perfect summer read. Hannah gets dumped by her husband who finds a new younger model. So instead of lying around being beaten she gets herself up and finds a job on a cruise ship. Sees the world, meets new friends and to find out more you need to read it for yourself. The author does a great job at writing this book. Hearing of all the sights they see on stop off days. Lovely characters. Highly recommend this book
Jessica
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The beautiful bright summery cover attracted me to reading this book and boy was I glad I read it.

Poor poor Hannah! From the minute we meet her, her whole life seems to be falling down and crumbling beneath her. She is at the lowest point in her life with her husband cheating on her and when she finally feels ready to start work again she is devastated to learn her staff and customers have left and went to rival business with her arch enemy Cherry.

Hannah spots an opportunity to work in a spa on
Stacey
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at www.thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com ~

What a brilliant and entertaining story by Victoria Cooke. I'll be honest and admit that I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading it. I'd read plenty of positive reviews on it but wasn't sure what I'd think of it myself - but I throughly enjoyed it! I've never read any kind of story about a cruise or a book by Victoria Cooke before so I was really interested as to what it would be like.

First of all, I loved the ch
Kim
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, kindle, net-galley
What a great book. Hannah is devastated when she learns that her husband is having an affair. Her salon suffers whilst she takes time out and then she decides to get away by taking a job in a spa on a cruise ship. We really feel as though we are experiencing everything with her. She makes new friendships, romance rears its head in unexpected quarters and we visit the most beautiful places on the cruises destinations. You can really imagine yourself at each port- with the sights, sounds and even ...more
Claire Reeder
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you have the post holiday blues like me and want to be instantly transported back to the sun and see of the Caribbean and Mediterranean then The Holiday Cruise is the book for you.

This is the first book I've read by Victoria Cooke and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Her descriptions of life on board and the friendships Hannah makes are heartwarming but Victoria's real talent lies in her descriptive prose of the destinations , especially in the Med.

This book is a lovely easy read that will lift your
Starre
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
I adored this book! It's so cold where I live. Winter has set in. I miss summer. I felt the ocean breezes in this book. I saw the sunsets. I lived this woman's travels and her job on the cruise ship and the friendships she made. It was all just wonderful. I was sad that it ended. This was a nice book to come back to throughout the day. It was a comfort and a joy.
Dave
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first glance, it's easy to get lured into the extravagant locales visited over the course of this novel. With the sights, sounds, tastes, and cultures of the various destinations, Victoria immerses the reader inside the pages using all five senses as we escape alongside the well-crafted characters to exotic landmarks and romantic vistas around the world.

However, the hidden gem of a location and real port-of-call is never seen, but rather felt. It's a journey that takes place inside the main c
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Take me back to this cruise ship!! Have you ever been so caught up in a storyline and its characters that when the story does come to and end, it’s as though you have lost one of your arms, whilst also wanting to run back to the book with your arms wide open screaming; ‘I’m sorry I left youuuuuuu. I’m sorry I had to finish youuuuu’? For those of you who have read Victoria Cooke’s novel, I am sure you’ll be nodding your
Julia
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-gave-up
Thank you to the publishers for sending me an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about Hannah, who has to reinvent herself after her husband leaves her for another woman, her business fails and she needs to find a job to keep paying her bills.
Hannah applies for a job on a cruise ship and soon finds herself travelling in the Caribbean, working in the onboard spa.

This is where I stopped reading the story, it didn't draw me in.
Rick Jones
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful summer read. Lost your husband, lost your job and lost your wsy in life. Why not start a new adventure aboard a cruise ship. See the world, meet new friends, experience living not just existing.
Gem ~ Bee
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Travel fiction at its finest, entertaining, fun, easy read
D. Messing
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet, light read. It's a nice afternoon getaway filled with self discovery, romance, and fun on the high seas! This is now my getaway book when I need a change of pace from daily life, it's very refreshing. I very much enjoyed it, thank you for the opportunity to review this gem!
Susan Duthie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
A good modern romance. Beautician Hannah is devastated when her husband of ten years leaves her for another woman. Eventually, encouraged by her sister, she takes a job aboard a cruise ship in the spa. The crew are really friendly and she begins to settle into her nine month contract. One day she meets recently jilted passenger Ben. They begin to spend a lot of time together and fall in love. Read on for a lovely holiday story!
Kathy
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Davis loses her husband of ten years to another woman and then loses her spa business on top of that. What’s a woman to do in this case? Hannah realizes she cannot remain in the village where both she and her ex, with is new squeeze, live. However, Hannah has never been on her own and is not known for making many decisions. Her older sister has always been there to pick up whatever pieces that fall—and her husband of ten years whenever her sister was not there or just could not do it. Wan ...more
Rachel
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love travel so the premise for this book instantly appealed to me especially as I have never been on a cruise. So I was eager to start reading and see which destinations this story would take me to along with getting to know Hannah. It's safe to say that Hannah is having a really bad time at the beginning of this story having experienced the break up of her marriage. Hannah has to literally start again and I was really rooting for her.

I loved the mention of 90's/00's music it definitely made m
Connie Fischer
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hannah Davis has lost her beauty salon that she has run for 10 years. Her heart has been broken by her husband, Daniel, when he left her for another woman, and she has allowed herself to crash. Now, she has lost her business, employees, and clients. Daniel has left her the house plus all the payments. After picking herself up and realizing her dilemma, she decides to apply to work in the spa of a cruise ship and she gets accepted. Putting her house up for rent, she packs up and heads out.

Hannah
Karen Whittard
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to start by thanking Netgalley, the publishers and Victoria Cooke for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

Hannah is down on her lucky. It's not bad enough that her husband is wanting a divorce but she is loosing her business too. Things just couldn't get any worse.

Fed up with feeling sorry for herself and determined to turn things around. Hannah applies for a job on a cruise ship.

But hannah has never done anything on her own before. This is a massive step for h
Alison
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now I have never been on a cruise even though my best friend is always telling me how wonderful they are but after reading The Holiday Cruise I may well be tempted.

Coping with a cheating hubby and losing her job leaves Hannah bereft until she spots a vacancy aboard ship to work in the spa. This is a lovely read, watching how Hannah deals with the work, the cruise routine, the friendships and a love interest that is maybe not as simple as she would like. The dreaded seasickness would floor me!

If
Tracy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I used to work on cruise ships so I loved this book. I think that the experiences described in the book are pretty spot-on. I also really enjoyed Hannah's story, adventure and journey!
Michelle Trainor
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished The Holiday Cruise and I'll give it 4 stars just for the setting. I love cruise ships and not enough books take place on them. This novel follows Hannah on a soul searching journey after being blind-sided by her husband of ten years and leaving her for another women. Told in the first person, we read through Hannah's journey as she finds herself and puts her wants first. The setting of the book is so incredible, described so perfectly you could really envision it all. The book st ...more
Rachel Burton
I absolutely loved Victoria's first book and, as a writer I know how hard and worrying the dreaded second book can be. But this was even better than her debut. It deals with darker issues in a sensitive way and takes us on a fabulous journey both literally and figuratively.

Hannah is a great heroine who pulls herself out of a dark place to do something solely for herself for the first time in her life. And Ben....oh Ben, what can I say! I was in love with Ben from the moment he walked into the s
Drew Irons
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
What a gorgeous story. Hannah is absolutely lovely and I loved growing with her character as the story unfolded. The tale flows really well and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting all the shops in the cruise and living vicariously while I read this!
Kim
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I have never been on a cruise before but the author's description of the ports and the ship seemed so real I would love to take one.

The book is about a girl named Hannah who gets dumped by her cheating husband and loses her salon business but instead of feeling sorry for herself she gets a job on a cruise ship. While on the ship she sees lots of places meets a lot of interesting people and you will have to read the book to find out if she breaks the rule of Never getting invol
Shelley
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute book that I found really easy to read. Having never been on a cruise before I found it really interesting – the detail in which the destinations of the cruise liners stops were really well written – so for someone who definitely has the travel bug it was a big thumbs up from me.

It wasn’t your typical love story which was another bonus for me, something that's just just boy meets girl and happy ever after gets kind of samey for me – so this story had an interesting slant wh
Chelsea
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed Victoria Cooke's debut, you'll love this one too! Follow Hannah on her journey as she adjusts to her new found independence and a life without her husband of over a decade. Cooke's thick descriptions of the many locations which provide the backdrop to this journey, and her attention to detail, will leave you longing for sunnier climes. Funny and moving in equal measure, you won't be able to put it down.
MetLineReader
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arcs
Lovey book! Took a little while to get into, as it was (not surprisingly) a little melancholy but once Hannah joined the cruise ship I was transfixed.

Never having been a fan of the thought of cruising, I was intrigued by how the ship worked and lived vicariously by visiting lots of my favourite places.

An enjoyable escapist read - you can reinvent yourself! 4*
Loobyz
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely lovely book that is one of those you can't put down. Heartbreak, girly fun, travelling and starting a new life and new her which all us girls can relate to. Gutted it ended and wish it had been even longer. Hoping there is a sequel already or one on the way
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Victoria Cooke grew up in the city of Manchester before crossing the Pennines in pursuit of her career in education. She now lives in Huddersfield with her husband and two young daughters and when she’s not at home writing by the fire with a cup of coffee in her hand, she loves working out in the gym and travelling. Victoria was first published at the tender age of eight by her classroom teacher w ...more
More about Victoria Cooke