Start by marking “If Ever” as Want to Read:
If Ever

If Ever

Fiercely independent Chelsea Barnes has caught a rare break and been cast as the first non-celebrity on the hit show Celebrity Dance Off. Chelsea is coined ‘America’s Chance to Dance,’ but her partner planned on an A-lister, not a nobody.

Clashing with her partner, she’s ready to go home; but during an emotional dance, her heart-breaking past as an abandoned, homeless teen
Kindle Edition
Published August 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about If Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Ever

Bibi
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet story, the attention to detail is remarkable.

That ending, though? Minus 2 stars.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
If Ever by Angie Stanton
4 stars!!!

“There’s a fine line between sexual tension and smelly farts.”

Angie Stanton is a new to me author and this one was chosen because of two things…Strictly Come Dancing is my guilty pleasure…and I adore this cover. It is funny what makes you pick up a book and this was one that I was extremely glad I did. This was a quick, cute, romantic read where romance doesn’t come from where you think.

The reality dancing TV show element was my absolute favourite, I could
Caylie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is basically my teenage daydreams come to life.
Just a small town girl, who gets "discovered", becomes "famous", and gets to date a celebrity...yeah, all my teenage daydreams!
Chelsea is the quintessential mid-western girl, and I adore her. I'll admit, for a moment there I was rooting for her and Dominic...their banter was so much fun.
But then Tom came into the picture and all was lost. Oh, Tom, how I love thee.
Homeboy loves with everything that he has, and I want to be Chelsea.

Teena
Anne OK
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Welcome to the world of reality television and the lights of Broadway! Chelsea Barnes, an unknown has the opportunity to strut her stuff on Celebrity Dance -- but she's going to find it harder than she imagined. Tom Oliver is on his way to becoming a star -- one with a magic voice. When he and Chelsea meet in a rather "special way," sparks fly. But she's on the west coast and he's on the east coast and, well, long distance romances are a bit hard to cultivate.

Chelsea's dance partner, Dominic, pu
Na
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
4.5 Stars

Actually I’ve started this book without reading the blurb or any reviews beforehand. So I dove in pretty blind. Which was kind of exciting.
So I was quite confused when Chelsea and Dominic had such a rough start and no chemistry at all. I am used to the fact that in the romance books the first guy a girl meets (or the other way around) is usually THE one person. But it was obvious that they were not it.
However, the chemistry part
Samantha (WLABB)
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, that was a terribly sweet romance. Loved it!

I am a big fan of Stanton's YA work, and was so excited when I heard she was writing an adult romance. I can say that her adult work absolutely lives up to the level of her YA books.

Things I liked

Celebrity Dance Off and America's Chance to Dance
Reality shows are kind of my guilty pleasure, and it was a fun twist to have one non-celebrity competing along with (semi)famous people. Stanton did a great job establishing those feelings that I think
Cynthia Villarreal Ortiz
Love Is A Very Splendid Thing

This Book is my first into a glimpse of Angie Stanton. It delves into the world of Broadway and what happens when if you ever let love into your heart.
Chelsea is a new comer, an unknown in the Celebrity Dance Off, because she is neither a celebrity nor a dancer. She will learn with Dominic, they have a rough start.
Tom, a Broadway star who makes her eyes sparkle and sings straight into her heart and soul.
Both Chelsea and Tom embark into the way of love. Through her
Lenore Kosinski

4.5 stars -- I received a free copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.  Though I was delayed in getting to my ARC, so I actually read the copy I purchased instead.

OMG you guys, it didn't take me long into the book before I knew I was going to love this one.  I've loved so many of Ms. Stanton's YA books, and this one felt like Dream Chaser for adults.  I honest to goodness laughed out loud, silently cried, squealed in delight, and last n
Danielle from Short and Sassy
For me, this book dragged on! It took forever to get to the actual romance part because it was more about the dancing. Chelsea Barnes was picked to be on a "Dancing with the Stars" TV Show. Except she is not famous, She was just picked on random because they needed a replacement so they with a no name college kid who just lucked out. Her partner isn't happy with her, she hates being on the show.... At first I thought her romance was going to be with the partner. But, nope. It dragged until we fi ...more
Valerie Biel
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From Chelsea's first awkward moments on "Celebrity Dance Off" she's the girl you're rooting for--even more so when you learn her tragic family story. Mix in a cast of well-developed characters who you either love or love to hate and you have a book that you won't be able to put down. The author skillfully takes her readers on a well-described journey from the TV sets of LA to backstage at a Broadway theater, wrapping these unique details in a lovely romantic tale.
Kristi
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favorite book by Angie Stanton. 'If Ever' is a mix of Broadway meets Dancing with the Stars. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a love story that keeps you turning pages.
Reads A lot of Books
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If ever was a sweet romance! Absolutely loved If Ever by Angie Stanton with a mix of lovable characters I couldn’t help but fall in love with the story plot. I give this book a 10 for originality as I haven’t read a book quite like this one!
Pat
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance that was beautifully written and the very likeable characters pulled me in and kept me totally engaged until the very end!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Bibliojunkies
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
In If Ever, Angie Stanton bridges two worlds together - reality tv and Broadway. I myself occasionally watch reality tv shows and I've seen some off Broadway shows so it's nice to go behind the scenes to find stories there.

Chelsea Barnes wins the chance of a lifetime when she is picked as a contestant on Celebrity Dance Off. She had previously quit her job and was dumped by her boyfriend so doing something like this should help her break free of her old self. Except that the show is more than sh
Michelle
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Arc provided in exchange of an honest review.
3.5Stars
I really liked the idea of this book which was pretty much Dancing with the Stars (or Strictly Come Dancing for us Brits) meets Broadway. For me the first half of the book was definitely more appealing, I really enjoyed the Chelsea we saw when she was first picked for the show and her attitude but I felt as the book went on she lost this a bit and became quite unsure of herself. I loved Dominic, he was cocky and confident and knew how to push
Treena
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Angie Stanton and I really enjoyed it!

I was drawn to it because Dancing with the Stars is one of my favorite TV shows. The story had enough dance content and bts-action to thrill my reality-tv-junkie heart. Add to the fact that Tom, the H, is a Broadway star and I was in romance-fairy-tale heaven! ❤

I liked both the MC's and breezed through this book. I only wish there had been an epilogue because the way the book ends is not enough. I want more of Tom and Chelsea!

This i
Caro
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

This was a fun read.

Here, we meet Chelsea, entering a dance TV show. She’s the only non-celebrity, so she really feels out of place, but as the days pass and she gets more comfortable, she learns a lot and is even making some friends.

In this, she meets Tom, a Broadway star. At first, things looks difficult for them, since they live in opposite sides of the country, but with a little bit of effort they are able to manage it.

I liked Chelsea, she was a tough cookie, although at times I fe
Kelly Risser
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
If Ever is a quick, cute, and romantic read that deals with vulnerability, old wounds, and how we sometimes unintentionally hurt the ones we love. The beginning half was by far my favorite - I loved the reality dance show component and the exchanges between Chelsea and Dominic, her dance partner. I was also very taken with Tom when he entered the picture. Overall, I found this to be a sweet romance and touching story.
Kimberly
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
If you are looking for a fun and sweet love story this is it!

Chelsea is participating on a celebrity dance show as "America's Choice". She meets Tom, who is a Broadway star, when he appears as a guest on the show to perform the song she is using for her dance.

There is instant attraction between the two, and they begin a long distance romance, until the season of the celebrity dance show ends. Chelsea then moves to New York and begins a real relationship with Tom.

Chelsea and Tom are very much in
Amy
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am In LOVE with this book!!!
you know you've just read the most amazing book when you finish the story and you want to pick up your kindle and immediately start re-reading that same book!! I couldn't stop reading!!! The writing style is fantastic the atmosphere of the story was described with such amazing details it felt like I was really there which is just awesome because most of the story takes place around the theatre stage doing musicals! how cool would that be to see a live musical.. that
Paige Smith
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If Ever is the first book I have read by Angie Stanton, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was immediately sucked into Chelsea and Tom’s world. Even though this isn’t my normal kind of read, I really enjoyed it. With both Dancing with the Stars and Broadway feels, it is the perfect story of how love mends.

I look forward to reading more from the author.
Jennifer Rupp
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If ever LA had a love affair with NYC, this is what it would be like.

On a dare, Chelsea Barnes has landed a spot on a reality TV celebrity dance competition only Chelsea is not a dancer and she’s not a celebrity. She’s a marketing stunt for ratings. No one on the show takes her seriously which only sparks her determination to make a respectable showing. When she manages to eke by the first few rounds, her grumpy professional dance partner finally gets his head out of his phone and realizes they
Tamara
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If Ever was a breath of fresh air, and exactly what I needed at the time I read it. The unassuming cover with the pretty girl, packed a punch and delivered a story that wowed me from the first page to the very last.

Chelsea Barnes is thrust into the spotlight as the every-day girl who gets a chance to compete on a celebrity dancing show. Not having read the blurb (at one stage, I’m sure I must have) I was a little unsure of where the story was headed, but from the moment Tom entered there was no
Ri
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This was my first book by Angie Stanton. I was genuinely pleased. The characters and setting were well thought out. At times the story felt a little dragged out but then would pick back up. I really wanted to know more of the story about Chelsea's father. I was left with a lot of questions. Especially concerning the release of her trust fund.

Chelsea broke my heart quite a few times. My heart hurt for her and what her life had been like. Tom, sweet sweet Tom. He showed her the love she
For the love  Of romance
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge Strictly come dancing (BBC dancing show) so I jumped at the opportunity to read this book. Being my first read by the author, I wasn't sure what to expect. But I lovythe book!
The plot was one I haven't read before so I was very excited. The book did not disappoint. After reading the blurb, I expected a typical romance read. But this was so much more. I have to admit I shed a few tears whilst reading it.
The two main characters were just so sweet. I absolutely adored Tom! What can I
Tiffany Ransier
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC version of this book. My opinions are mine and truthful.*

This book was great!!! Chelsea is a normal girl with a tragic past. Tom is a cool guy who is a Broadway star. Right from the start, I felt their chemistry. I felt Chelsea's pain and Tom was there for her every step of this way. This story came together perfectly and I love their love story. It was beautiful and I teared up quite a bit, especially at the end. I really wasn't ready for the book to end.
Linda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Angie Stanton is my favorite YA author and an amazing storyteller and terrific writer. Once again she comes through with a sweet, engaging, and fresh story about love against all odds. I loved the unique situation Chelsea finds herself in at the beginning of the story, which leads her to meet the talented and sexy charmer, Tom. And the story only gets better from there. This is a must read for fans of romance, "Dancing with the Stars" and Broadway theater. I loved it!
Amber Buckley
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

This is such a great book! I love the relationships! I'm not just talking love but the friendships as well! I felt all the emotions!!!
Jess (the cozy reader)
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Chelsea and Tom's story.
Phuong
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story about Chelsea being on a reality dancing show and what she goes through on the show. I can imagine it's kind of similar to what goes on in the reality TV show "Dancing with The Star" other than Chelsea is not a celebrity when she goes on the show. Chelsea has some very low self-esteem when it comes to her looks, her abilities, and her confidence about life. She was selected for the show as a last minute replacement for a celebrity that dropped out. She thinks that she ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Kissed at Midnight
  • 4 Ways to Get A Wife
  • The Reunion (Brides of Beadwell #1)
  • A Shot Worth Taking (Worth Series, #2)
  • The One In My Heart
  • Grooming the Player (Campus Players, #1)
  • Serial Summer
  • Never Again
  • The Seventh
  • Arcanus (Tempus, #2)
  • A Limited Engagement (Limitless Love #1)
  • Honey Trap
  • Husbands On Horseback: Paper Husband / Bride in Waiting (ncludes: Long, Tall Texans, #13.5)
  • Body & Blood (The Survivors, #3)
  • Carnal Gift (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #2)
  • An Acute Attraction (The Attraction Series, #1)
  • New York to Tijuana
  • Frigid
Angie Stanton is a life-long daydreamer who grew up with her hands on a book and her head in the clouds. As an adult, she’s put her talent to good use writing award winning contemporary fiction about life, love, and the adventures that follow.

Angie has a Journalism degree from the University of Wisconsin and is the best selling author of Waking in Time, If Ever, Rock and a Hard Place, Snapshot, R