Start by marking “Hell Of A Deal” as Want to Read:
Hell Of A Deal

Hell Of A Deal

This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B01N94VXBC

“Everyone has their demons, but I buy mine wholesale…”
Paul Moore, shopkeeper, Master of the Dark Arts and demonic broker, has just met the hottest witch who ever tried to kill him. A date is surely out of the question - she serves the demons of the Babylonian Triad, and no-one defies them... almost no one.
Paul thought
Published November 15th 2016 by Mark Huntley-James

To ask other readers questions about Hell Of A Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Of A Deal

Start your review of Hell Of A Deal
Cassandra Parker
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review. Quite frankly, it's not my usual reading fare. I got confused with Stacey and Tracey because the names were similar. The characters are wacky and the town is filled with demons. There are enough plot twists to keep you turning the pages and entertained.

I unexpectedly enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who liked shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel grown up.

I recommend this book.
T. K. Elliott (Tiffany)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review. I wasn't given any other inducements, but fortunately, the book is an inducement all on its own.

Huntley-James writes with verve: from the first page, the reader is swept along by the energy of the writing; it flows and it bubbles - a bit like white-water rafting, but less damp.

The main character, Paul Moore, is a broker of demon contracts; this is definitely Dark Arts, and Paul is pretty much an anti-hero. Along with Paul, there is a h
AliceAnn
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

This book is definitely an adult fantasy series, with plenty of sex and swearing, along with rape and gore, but considering that this is a book about demons and our main character is a practitioner of the dark arts, it makes sense. I liked the characters, and the action, and the question of what lengths will you go to in order to save and protect the people you care about. It kept me interested enough to pick up the next book in the series.
J.L. Dobias
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelf-002
Hell of a Deal or (Demonyka) by Mark Huntley-James is not my usual fare. Well, that might not be fair to say. I remember long ago rubbing my nose into the ink of Creepy or Eerie magazines. It took a while for me to warm up to Buffy the Vampire slayer though; and this might fall somewhere between those.

We have no vampire slayer just Paul Moore, a simple demon broke and master of dark arts who is just trying to run a business with a staff of strange yet interesting people. When a witch who runs ar
Kaitlin
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spfbo-2019
*This is one of the #SPFBO titles for 2019 which I am reading as a judge*

I have to start this review by saying that this book has issues for me, and yet, I did read to the end so that's why it's on 3*s. Overall, I liked it, but the whole way through I also had lots of issues with really not liking the main character and it's a first-person story which means if you don't like the main character the rest of the book is a bit of a struggle.

In this story we follow Paul Moore who is a dark arts demo
S.K. Wee
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paul Moore runs a small shop where customers can purchase the use of a demon. Someone is out to run him and all of his competitors out of business and he requires the help of friends along with foes to figure out how to stop them. Simi is the capable witch who nearly accomplishes not only ruining his business but ending his life. Paul finds his admiration for the witch grows once he meets her, but others are not thrilled with the association.
An entertaining story filled with action and chaos as
D Hemmings
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous

Good story, generally liked the characters.
The humour was good.
Kept me guessing.
Looking forward to reading the next one.
Carro
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens, Simon R Green's Eddie Drood/Shaman Bond series
First off, this review is by the author's other half. This means I've read Hell of a Deal (formerly Demonyka) a LOT of times. :) What I would like to say to potential readers is, even though I have read this book in several drafts, when I read the final version last November, just before it was released, there were still bits that made me laugh or wince for the characters. Mark has a lot of energy in his writing – actually a lot of energy in everything – and that comes through in this book.
Hell

Redlane65
Jun 04, 2019
SPFBO6
Jun 16, 2019
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 973} Hell Of A Deal by Mark Huntley-James 6 114 Jan 16, 2019 03:34AM
New Kindle edition not picking up on preview 1 2 Aug 16, 2017 07:07AM

• Rocks Fall. Everyone Dies
  • Grim Solace (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #2)
  • The Lost Thing
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • Breaking Chaos (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #3)
  • Prides of Sol
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • All These Worlds (Bobiverse, #3)
  • For We Are Many (Bobiverse, #2)
  • Higgs Force: Cosmic Symmetry Shattered
  • Her Silhouette, Drawn in Water
  • The First Step (A Thousand Li, #1)
  • Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
  • Rocket Ship Galileo (Heinlein's Juveniles, #1)
  • Chasing Graves (The Chasing Graves Trilogy, #1)
  • Reborn (Princess of the Blood #1)
  • Lost Children of the Prophet
Mark Huntley-James started writing in his teens - just because he likes stories, reading them, telling them, writing them...

He writes science-fiction, space opera, fantasy and any odd thing that appeals to him. Some of his short stories, and anecdotes about the animals on the farm, can be found on his blog.

He trained as a physicist and worked in R&D for a number of years before moving to commercia

News & Interviews

“Please remember, there is no such thing as safe sex with a demon.” 0 likes
“His only mistake, naturally enough, was to keep his attention on the bloke with the saw. He should have been watching the naked girls. Amazing how finely balanced that choice can be.” 0 likes