Start by marking “Hangry Girl (The Girls #1)” as Want to Read:
Hangry Girl (The Girls #1)

Hangry Girl

(The Girls #1)

han·gry
/haNGɡrē/
adjective informal
bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
"I get very hangry if I miss a meal"

From USA Today bestselling author Lily Kate comes a brand new series...

Ladies & Gents,

I sold my soul for a hamburger .

And I have no regrets. When a girl is trapped indefinitely in an elevator with a smoking hot burger and an empty stomach, e
Published October 24th 2017 by Heat, Heart, and Humor Books

To ask other readers questions about Hangry Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hangry Girl

Sabrina
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This book was well written and I liked the premise of it. I didn't have any big issues with anything but for some reason I just couldn't connect to these characters and their story. Other than my one complaint of not fully understanding the fall out Bradley had with Lexi's brother there wasn't anything else that stuck out to me and made me not like the story. Yet I found myself skimming over parts just to get through it. I think this is just one of those unexplaine
Syndi
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nope. Does not work with me. This is new adult romance story. The idea of the story is simple. Second chance in love. The Hero and the heroine lost their connection due to heroine's brother. Then one day they reconnect in the elevator over a hamburger.

The story stay shallow. The plot is not being explore in depth. Secondary character is also lack of involvement.

I think the only thing that i am very interested in this book is: the hamburger.

Now i am seriously hangry. Need hamburger

2 stars
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
We've all been there, right? That moment where rational thought leaves us abandoned with absurd behavior and diarrhea of the mouth? We call it being "Hangry". I too am a victim. Welcome to the club.

Lexi Monroe is no stranger to being a victim of hangriness. It's in the moment of being trapped in an elevator with her ex-best friend, ex eye of her affection, that her brain and her mouth become detached from one another. Bradley Hamilton and her were best friends, something that could've been more,
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly provided in exchanged for an honest review.

This is my second Lily Kate book and I loved this just as much as the first one I read. It was funny and quirky and romantic and had enough serious moments in it too.

I really liked both Lexi and Bradley, our two main characters. They were both relatable and I quickly fell into step with them. Lexi's friends were also really funny and I loved how they always had her back.

Bradley was so damned adorable. I liked how things moved qui
Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf)
**2.5 stars**

Hangry is the first book in a new series by Lily Kate. Although she has a few books out, this was my introduction to this author. Hangry follows Bradley Hamilton and Lexi Monroe. The two have known each other for 20 years but haven't really spoken for the last 3 years until they get stuck in an elevator together. They make a deal to go on a date together and the story takes off from there.

Before getting into my opinion, I think the synopsis gives away too much information and is a b
Joy Novel Thoughts
Hangry is the best Lily Kate novel yet! It was heartwarming, hilarious and hunger inducing!

"Food is more than my hobby, it's my life. My deepest desire. My vice. My lover..."

What do you do when you are hangry, stuck in an elevator with your hot former best friend and he is holding a hamburger ransom for a date? Obviously you agree to the date and get your hamburger! What seems like a relatively easy and quick romance between Brad and Lexi turns messy really quick.

Brad was so sweet and sensitive
Paula  Phillips
What would you sell your soul for? What would you do if you were dying of hunger and someone offered you food in exchange for something? Would you accept it? For Minnie, when she ended up stuck in an elevator with Brad whom up to three years ago was a very close family friend - he had a burger, she was hangry so what did she sell for the burger? A date with Brad. Growing up Minnie had a major crush on Brad but was under the impression he just saw her his friend's little sister. One thing leads t ...more
Michelle
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Hangry is a contemporary romantic comedy by author Lily Kate. I thoroughly enjoyed Hangry. For those of you that don't know, Hangry is a word to describe people that get angry or irritable when they are hungry. It is just as hilarious as the title and summary lead you to believe that it is. This book had me laughing pretty much non-stop from beginning to end. If you are looking for a book that is a flat out good time ...more
Tracy- OMGReads
A quick, fun read, Hangry is a story every woman can relate to. That would be selling your soul for a delicious hamburger. Leci and her brother's former best friend, Bradley get trapped in an elevator together. They've barely spoken in years.

Brad can't help but take the opportunity to attempt to mend fences, and with the help of that hamburger, he takes his chance. From there, Hangry is a lovely story of forgiveness, friendship and trust. The friendships were strong and relatable. Lexi and Brad
Carmen Bailey
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved the premise, but it just fell so flat. I just think most romance books I read have the same characters over and over again the tension just isn't well-written. I need to just give up on these.
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I am really torn about this one.

I really liked the Hangry concept. We've all been there and absolutely willing to do some pretty questionable things for food.

But I feel like this book took forever to get to any point. When it made progress between the two main characters, it regressed to "I don't know if it'll work" conversations with their friends. Three steps forward, two steps back kind of stuff.

I did like their story. I enjoyed their history and reconnection. I liked all of the secondary
Kahea
***4 ‘My Universe Sparkles’ Stars***

This book, these characters ~ specifically Lexi and Brad ~ drove me up the wall and yet I never felt that urge to toss my Kindle into the freezer. I was sucked in from the beginning and actually enjoyed the many ups and downs of the story as a whole, even when it felt like my eyes would fall out of my head because of all the rolling they were doing. Hangry is a sweet, smexy and frustrating ride, but filled with a lot of laughter and heart.

Even though Brad an
Brandi
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was my first time reading this author, and I liked her voice. It was smooth and easy.

Unfortunately, not much else worked for me. The characters weren't that developed, the plot was flat, and the story seriously dragged. As in, nothing happened for the first half of the book. My attention kept drifting because I couldn't stay engaged. But I, being the stubborn woman I am, refused to quit. Instead, I skimmed the last fifty percent, which honestly wasn't the best choice.

Lexi was feisty, but bo
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For My Full Review Click Here-> https://goo.gl/CCWzP6

How would you feel if you were stuck in an elevator and couldn't help but sell your soul for a hamburger from a sexy man? Just for a date with him? And you had history with this guy? Would you do it anyway?

Well Lexi Monroe was beyond Hangry, stuck in an elevator and had no choice if she wanted to make it out of the elevator alive instead of passed out on the floor. You know the feeling you get when you are starving and have had no time to
Beth
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Depends on the hamburger ...but I think if I was hungry or hangry enough I would so sale my shoe, not sure I would sale my soul? That sounds terrible??! ...but if a hamburger was done up just right, all the right mustard, lettuce, great onion, a tomato if the it is a good delicious one??! some pickles, some fries on the side, wait, is it okay to want a delicious hamburger for breakfast??! Wait, I have never even had pizza for breakfast, nuts!! I am so hangry now!! lol!! I would so yes, please, b ...more
Nicole Smith
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I'm so glad that I read this book. It's one that had me laughing throughout the whole book. One of my favorite things about the book was the humor. It also has one of my favorite troupes best friend's little sister. Brad and Lexi have a lot of history and in this book they get a second chance. Only if Brad doesn't mess it up. I loved Brad and Lexi. The author written them so well. I could instantly feel the connection and chemistry between the two.This book also has a great cast of secondary cha ...more
Robyn Prem
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-ebook-kindle, arc
Hangry by: Lily Kate
This is the first book in The Girls Series. Lily Kate did it again with Hangry, I was giggling and laughing throughout this book. I loved Lexi Monroe, Lily made her the perfect character for this story and Bradley Hamilton makes this book amazing. I loved this Rom-Com book! I cannot wait for more from Lily Kate, like her previous series Minnesota Ice, this book is making this a must-read series for me and it’s just beginning!
I was sucked into the story from the first chapter
Lucia
Fun romantic comedy about a second chance at love for childhood friends / best friend’s sister

Hangry is a fun romantic comedy about a second chance at love for childhood friends and also mixes a best friend’s sister theme. The book has a good mix of humour, vulnerability, heat, and heart in this well written and steadily paced romance.The story is mostly light hearted with just a little bit of drama to keep things intriguing from start to finish.

Told from dual perspective, Lexi and Brad have a s
Kimberly Lund
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I liked this one. The main female character is just the right combination of strong and flirty. I likethat the hero is just gone for her from the beginning. You never wonder what he’s thinking or wanting, you know he wants her. It’s fun to read how they get there and see them get their happy ending.
❤️Melanie G.
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Good read but I felt the book was too slow at times.
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Did not like the main female character. I really liked Brad and the girls, but wanted to shake Lexi to death.
Taz Lozada
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
cute story that brings two close school age friends back together again.
Mary Haraf
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lily Kate has become a go to author for me! We meet Bradley when he's stuck in an elevator with Lexi and he convinces her to go on a date with him by sharing his burger with her because she's starving....Hangry!! It's a fun book, not my favorite by Lily but it has great moments. Lexi is a great character and Bradley definitely has his moments. They were friends from the time they were kids and Brad moved in next door to Lexi and her family. It was Lexi, Brad and Lexi's brother Lucas - a three pa ...more
Treena
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
My first book by this author. I found it cute and sweet. Not bad at all.
C.J.
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and funny story with some interesting characters. Nice ending too.
Pammy
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Had SO much potential... Bug it dragged so much in areas & the h was more a teenager in her mindset then a buisness owner. The H was great but needed a lil more alpha backbone exp with his buisness partner.

Sorry!
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Bradley Hamilton used to be best friend’s with both Lexi and her brother. But, a falling out three years ago left them barely speaking . . . except for the occasional hello since they lived across the hall from one another. Things changed, however, when they end up stuck in an elevator and Lexi agrees to one date in exchange for half of his hamburger . . .

When Brad suffered a career ending injury, he shut out the world. HE didn’t want anyone to pity him, especially his best friends. Unfortunate
Jaime
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
1.5 Stars DNF @ 39%

This book was just so...cheesy. Like really corny and childish sounding. The dialogue between the two characters was cringe worthy and I found myself rolling my eyes constantly.

Lexi did not strike me as a mature business owner. I honestly didn't see her as anything more than a teenaged waitress. Not only that, but she was also kind of a bitch. I didn't like the way she spoke to Brad, even if he was the one who essentially ruined their friendship. He was going through a rough
Bellereader
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Brad and Lexi are making second chances so deliciously tempting you won’t be able to resist! Lexi has a pretty great life - she loves her family, her awesome friends, and her amazing restaurant. Not to say she doesn’t have her problems though… as a business owner she worries constantly about keeping her head above water while balancing her love for Minnie’s Diner charm, she can let her emotions - i.e. hunger - run her life, and she’s wanting in the romance department. The last last two are how s ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lexi Monroe is a woman with passion, heart, and determination. There is nothing she will stand in her way... unless hangry strikes again.

Bradley Hamilton knows he made a terrible mistake when he pushed Lexi away after his accident. She is the one woman he's wanted and now he doesn't know how to get her back. But as luck would have it, he's given a second chance and he's not about to blow it.

What started out a bet quickly turns into something more. But when outside forces threaten their relations
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dirty Bad Boy (Back To You, #3)
  • My Boyfriend and Other Enemies
  • A Stolen Heart
  • Vampire Charming (Not Another Vampire, #2)
  • This Is Me
  • For Love of Liberty (Silver Lining Ranch, #0.5)
  • Cut Loose (The Sublime, #3)
  • Ravage (Civil Corruption Book 4)
  • Properly Groomed
  • Beck Bait
  • Troublemaker (Rascals, #5)
  • Unspeakable Lies (Unspeakable Truths, #1.5)
  • Seed (The Dire Saga, #2)
  • Levelling The Score
  • The Valentine Challenge
  • Addicted
  • Taming Wes (Billingsley #3)
  • Twelve Days Until Sunday
Lily Kate works a pretttttty boring day job and writes books filled with heat, heart, and humor by night. Her debut novel, Delivery Girl, is set to release in early 2017. When she’s not writing books, you may find her watching Christmas movies before Thanksgiving, eating whipped cream from the can, or hanging out with her family.