Start by marking “The Modern Cook’s Year: Over 250 vibrant vegetable recipes to see you through the seasons” as Want to Read:

An essential addition to every cook’s bookshelf, The Modern Cook’s Year will show you how to make the most of seasonal produce, using simple, hugely inventive flavours and ingredients.

Divided into six seasons, Anna Jones’s long-awaited new cook book contains over 250 delicious vegetarian recipes interspersed with tips on everything from seasonal music playlists to flower

Published October 5th 2017 by Fourth Estate

To ask other readers questions about The Modern Cook’s Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Modern Cook’s Year

Cath
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cuisine
If you have previous books, then its probably safe to assume you know how creative she is, how beautifully she writes about food (not as luciously as Nigella tho), how clear the instructions are...

This book is separated into seasons(6 of them, to be exact), list of veggies at the start of each chapter and every season has breakfast ideas, mains and desserts. There are also- as usual- the helpful pages with how-tos (kombucha making anyone?).

Not only her creativity amazes me, the photography is am
Jennie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love that this is a book full of seasonal vegetable recipes in the most elegant lay out I have seen yet.

Just a few of the recipes I have on my must make list:

Green peppercorn and Lemongrass Coconut Broth

Winter Tomatoes with Whipped Feta

Pistachio and Ricotta Dumplings with Peas and Herbs

Coconut Raspberry Cakes for Mum

Cauliflower Topped Puy Lentil Pie

If you'd like to add some new vegetable dishes to your table this is the book to look at.

Highly recommended.
Fiona
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Elegant,seasonal vegetarian cookery with food mapping creativity.It takes a minute to get the knack and then you are off and running.
A must have for any lovers of simple,beautiful and easily prepared vegetarian fare for one or for a family.
Jo-anne
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sumarios recipes and luscious photos provide a feast for the belly and eyes. Definitely makes vegetables the highlight of a meal rather than a dejected side. Anyone else like the sounds of Twice-baked potato skins with crispy buffalo chickpeas?
Kelsey
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything from Anna Jones. She's absolutely incredible! And it is extra lovely that in this cookbook each section is laid out with what produce is best/most in season during those months. Everything I've made from it thus far has been absolutely lovely.
Thibault
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a revelation.
Shagufta
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I really like Anna Jones's other cookbooks but this one didn't have as many recipes that appealed to me. The recipes I did try weren't as flavourful as I expected.
Laura Collins
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really love these recipes and it's so easy too be seasonal. I may well re-rate it 5* but the end of the year.
Jasmine