Start by marking “All-New Wolverine, Volume 4: Immune” as Want to Read:
All-New Wolverine, Volume 4: Immune

All-New Wolverine, Volume 4: Immune

(All-New Wolverine (Collected Editions) #4)

From the stars comes death! An alien ship. A dying passenger. And two words that will forever change Wolverine's life. They fi re the gun on a non-stop race against a deadly transformative disease, as Laura faces a battle in a quarantined city against a mysterious villain. But when the sickness starts to spread, to what lengths will she go to help the people in danger? Wol ...more
Published December 12th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about All-New Wolverine, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All-New Wolverine, Volume 4

Scott
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

"I'm going somewhere I might be able to do some good." - Laura "All-New Wolverine" Kinney

I started the All-New Wolverine title about two months ago and so far it's been a consistently good series. Even though Volume 3: Enemy of the State II dragged a little it still improved by the finale.

Who would've guessed it, but Volume 4: Immune outshines the three previous books, and alongside The Vision, Vol. 1: Little Worse Than a Man it is the best of the almost 20 graphic novels I've read thus far/>"I'm
Paul E. Morph
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this volume. I really liked the resolution to the infection on Earth and it just got even more fun when we followed its trail back into space with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gabby and Deadpool's relationship was hilarious and I really hope it's not forgotten about in the future. Also, Jonathan got several degrees more awesome at the conclusion of this tale.

Oh, and I liked Leonard Kirk's artwork on this volume much more than that of the artists from the
Chad
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gabby continues to really make this book. Laura can be REALLY serious so it's good for her to have a little sister to lighten her mood. I loved that Deadpool and Gabby are kindred spirits. They were a constant delight together. I'm digging the new costumes.

Laura looks much better in the X-Force suit and I really enjoyed how hokey looking Gabby's costume is. It's definitely what I'd expect a young girl to design. The only thing it's missing is sparkles.

Taylor did a good job with the
James DeSantis
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
All-New Wolverine is hands down the best wolverine series I've read (Not that I read THAT much wolverine but damn this is good).

So a little alien girl crash lands on earth. Right when Ironheart finds her the virus inside her spreads, and everyone around her begins to get sick. Right before she dies she has the name of Laura on her lips, and Wolverine is scooped up to try and find out what happened. When she gets to the infected island she realizes the situation may be worse than she thought. Wh
Kay
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All-New Wolverine has been consistently cranking out good comics. I love Tom Taylor's writing, Laura & Gabby, and the storytelling has been well done so far per volume (:each little story contained to 4-5 issues has been great, while still keeping true to the overarching story of Laura as Wolverine).

"--We're not doing the claws today."

This story Immune was especially well done after All-New Wolverine, Volume 3: Enemy of the State II all about Laura's violent and uncontrollable murder-y past. To ha
Artemy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the first three volumes of Taylor's Wolverine series, but the fourth one was a disappointment, unfortunately. A story about some unknown disease from outer space had little to do with Wolverine and felt like a two-issue filler that got stretched out to fill six. It also doesn't help that Immune features some of the worst-looking artwork in the series to date. Aside from a few sweet moments of friendship between Gabby and Deadpool (of all people), this volume was entirely forgettable and incons ...more
Chris
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
Immune is another strong outing for All-New Wolverine and as a bonus, it contains something i've wanted to see for a long time - Tom Taylor writing the Guardians of the Galaxy!

In fact, back when Taylor first announced that he was working on a new series for Marvel, I was hoping it'd be Guardians. While i'm now glad he was given All-New Wolverine instead, seeing him pen a space adventure with Star-Lord and co. was a real treat.

Once again, the character interactions are a h
Wing Kee
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Flawed but needed.

World: The art is fine, I think this arc lacked details in the art, especially the space issues but overall the art was fine, not the best like Lopez but still good. The world building was good, not a lot of world building but rather just widening and cameos and team ups that make Laura and Gabby feel part of the larger MU. It's good to see them interacting with others it's fun.

Story: We needed this story, Laura needed this story. Wolverine has always been about kill kill kil
Paz R.M.
Fun with the Wolverines (Laura, Gabby and Jonathan), Deadpool, Daken, old man Logan and the Guardians of the Galaxy! Damn, so many cameos, but they are all so much fun and they just work. As opposed to the big majority of titles, Tom Taylor just knows how to write the perfect line and make the most of every character.
Issue #21 was amazing, 5 stars and the highlight of this volume. Taylor always gets to me. I just love the way he develops relationships, especially between family. Those emot
Shannon Appelcline
Tom Taylor's All-New Wolverine continues to be one of the best superhero comics around. That's largely about the characters: they're vivid and bright and interesting and funny. Gabby especially continues to be a delightful addition to the cast.

These issues also do a great job of integrating Laura into the larger Marvel universe, with three issues guest-starring Ironheart, then three issues guest-starring the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Guardians appearance was particularly notable because it
Roy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
A little bit of a let down as compared to the previous Volumes. It was probably needed to explore Laura's dedication to the good side. I didnt feel like it needed 6 issues to provide the story. Solid action, alot more story in space eith the Guardians. The artwork seemed to be a little more simple as compared to earlier volumes. Will wait for Vol 5
Frédéric
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wolvie, comics
3,5*

After an alien ship crashed on earth a virus is spreading. A virus to which Laura is immune and that'll lead her far far away...

I initially thought I was going to rate this book a half-hearted 2,5* at best. Deadpool, the Guardians of the Galaxy, an intergalactic space travel: 3 things I dislike almost equally.

But, hey, wait! All 3 were actually not so bad. The Deadpool/Gaby interactions were funny and the Guardians and the space travel had an actual purpos
Kristin
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first volume of Taylor's Wolverine that hasn't hit it out of the park.

The art is garbage. The stakes are weightless. The Guardians and the Brood have no reason to be here. That Taylor had a six issue run to do whatever he pleased-- without editorial mandates or crossover interruption-- and chose to do [i]this[/i] with it is practically criminal.
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, gave me some feelings, good cast of characters. Gabby is so great, and I even liked (loved??) the Deadpool scenes.
Scott Lee
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laura becomes more and more interesting in her own right--at least to me. I never really gave her much of a shot before this "All-New" series. I'm enjoying it though, and I like the dynamic Gabby brings to the book.

The Guardians of the Galaxy guest star here as Laura spends the second half of the volume in space. There was an attempt--it never quite worked for me--to make Logan over as the apparently hardened warrior with the soft center. Not gooey ever, thank goodness, but soft. I never bought
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
First up, Laura and Gabby battle a virus from outer space that threatens Roosevelt Island, before jetting off into space with the Guardians Of The Galaxy to battle the Brood.

This is one big six issue story, but split into two distinct halves; the first half shows how dedicated Laura is to being one of the good guys, and how much she's willing to sacrifice for that. She's such a great character under Taylor's pen, with Gabby as a very funny counterpoint too. I also really like how Tay
Diz
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I finally ran across a volume of All-New Wolverine that I didn't like. In this volume, Laura fights a virus from space. The thing that bothered me was the way that the virus worked. So this virus comes from space and infects everyone it comes in contact with. Fortunately, those with healing powers can actually kill it. This is where it gets really weird. Laura can cure people just by touching their skin. The way it is explained is that the virus is drawn to healers and totally leaves the body of ...more
Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was an interesting volume and the friendship between Gabby and Deadpool made it so much more fun. They were hilarious together. Laura was as great as ever, but the only reason it’s getting 4 stars instead of 5 is because I just was not a fan of the Horde plot-line.
Adam Spanos
Tom Taylor's All New Wolverine series remains a solid run and actually bounces back a bit from the rushed and rather disappointing third volume. This book is basically broken into two arcs. The first is the best while the second is a bit of a let down and once again has that rushed feeling that made the third volume a disappointment. The book is a good return to form for the series, though I would have liked to see a different villain for the second half other than those pesky Brood.
Drown Hollum
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhero
Taylor's Wolverine book has been pretty good! This volume has a solid script, with a unique story, which featured a pretty inventive solution. The characters were written well, and there were a lot of fun interactions I didn't see coming. The pacing was a little wonky at times, with sudden time jumps, or a less than graceful conclusion to an issue, but it was totally enjoyable and a neat change of pace from Marvel's other titles. The art was forgettable at its best, and offensive at its worst. T ...more
Marco
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
- I'm sorry to say this, but your sister isn't your sister anymore. She's a parasitic, death-spreading alien queen.
- She's more than that.
- Okay. But the parasitic, death-spreading alien queen bit outweighs whatever other fine qualities she may have.
Nicole Westen
Gabby + Deadpool = BFFS <3
Jason
I continue to love what Taylor is doing with the character. Laura's had quite a journey and she's really coming into her own as an individual.
Sebastian Song
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tom Taylor's Wolverine should be mandatory reading for anyone writing about mutants.
Tom
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Nearly perfect. This book highlights everything I love most about Laura and Gabby, then brings in some of my favorite 'guest stars'.

This series is soo worth your time. Pick it up.
Zachariah
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Wolverine summed up:
go to space - stabby stab!
abducted by gang - stabby stab!
cure sickness - metaphorical stab!
Travis Duke
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite in the series but still pretty good. 2 major stories that connect in this volume, the first is a team up of sorts with Ironheart where they battle a disease that strikes down In New York. It starts off ok but them some cool cameos come into play that I can "team heal bros". The second story is a little wacky and the guardians get involved which is ok i guess just an odd match up to me. I will say Gabby is a shining character and sort of takes a center roll now and I really like h ...more
Trin
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
My favorite volume since the first! Gabby becomes best friends with Deadpool and Groot; Rocket enables Jonathan-the-actual-wolverine to talk and also metes out Rocket-style justice which I frankly approve of and possibly that's worrying but anyway THIS WAS A DELIGHT.

Comics-version Peter Quill cannot pull off a beard though and really ought to shave. I'm saying this as your friend, Peter.
Ellis
Laura’s recklessness and the way she puts everyone before herself still kills me -- though it alarms me how that recklessness sometimes extends to her treatment of Gabby as well -- but this volume just inundated me with wolverinefam feels. MORE PLEASE.
Renata
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
(read as single issues)

my precious children have gone to space and they are very brave and I love them
« previous 1 3 next »

• New X-Men: Academy X, Volume 3: X-Posed
  • Cyclops, Vol. 1: Starstruck
  • The Totally Awesome Hulk, Vol. 2: Civil War II
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Let Them Eat Cake
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 2: Agents of G.I.R.L.
  • X-Men Legacy, Volume 4: For We Are Many

NA Contemporary - Tom^^^^^^^^Taylor
Roanoake Virginia - Tom^^^^^^^^^Taylor
b.1922 - Tom^^^^^^^^^^Taylor
b.1948 Business Writer - Tom^^^^^^^^^^^Taylor

All-New Wolverine (Collected Editions) (6 books)
  • All-New Wolverine, Volume 1: The Four Sisters