Start by marking “The Problem With Him (Opposites Attract, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Problem With Him (Opposites Attract, #3)

The Problem With Him

(Opposites Attract #3)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,402 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews
I’m over men. I’m done with them.

Or at least the ones that work in my kitchen. Fine, one man in particular. Wyatt Shaw is cocky and condescending and so far out of his element that he doesn’t know which way is up. Or how to run his brand new kitchen all by himself.

That’s where I come in. Sous chef extraordinaire. Second in command. Bane of his existence. I am the reason
ebook
Published June 26th 2018

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The problem with him” by Rachel Higginson is a smack in your face, cut throat sexy and driven story about two people who’s made it their life goal to make something better of themselves. Two characters who came from different upbringings only to bond in the best way on their own turf which is in the kitchen. This was this author’s signature style of making us fall for these ambitious but pretty simple characters and this story was no different.

Kaya Swift is a hard worker. While everyone else i
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I was hungry 80% of the time it took me to read this book and if I wasn't hungry I was craving the yummy dishes mentioned in the story. The restaurants are described like people with their very own personalities which helped so much to imagine the places. For that alone you should make room for The Problem With Him.

But let me tell you why else this was such a wonderful read:

The heroine: if you adore headstrong, snarky heroines Kaya will have you head over heels in love
Kelly Morphew
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Higginson has blown me away again! This series is definitely one of my favorites of hers. When I read the 1st book, I fell in love with Vera and Killian. Then came Molly and Ezra and I became obsessed. I didn’t think she could top that couple...but she proved me wrong. Kaya and Wyatt are everything!! Wyatt: there just are not enough words to describe him. He’s so broody but so sweet and thoughtful. I love how direct he was with his intentions and feelings. Plus tattoos and piercing?! Ugh, ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-male
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

OMG i have wanted Wyatt's book since he was introduced in the first book. And i loved him, i mean the story.
Kaya is Wyatt's second in command. Their relationship is like a love-hate type. Kaya knows that she is not meant to be someone's second, she is meant to have her own kitchen and her own staff. But for now she is Wyatt's beta while he is the alpha... Which is so not good, as she is over it all, over men or more in particular him... He is too arrogan
Kindling Micky

I blew through this book in just over 24 hours because I couldn't put it down, if I'd been on holiday, I'd have managed it in one sitting. I have loved the OPPOSITES ATTRACT series so much and book three did not let me down. In fact, Wyatt and Kaya gave me serious Vera and Killan vibes but in a different way, so I was in a total happy place.

What was interesting about Wyatt, now Executive Chef of Lilou and his sous chef Kaya, was that they'd been fierce friends for five years but with Ki
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Refreshing and fast-paced and so sweet and sexy!!

"He was everything I shouldn’t want, like, or notice. Not because of the tattoos. Or even because of the piercings he’d removed once he’d been promoted. He was the kind of guy I should have been able to ignore entirely because of how opposite we were, because of how much we hated each other."

Kaya and Wyatt are both professional chefs working in the same restaurant. Wyatt was promoted to head chef and Kaya is his sous chef. She is ambitious and
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This series just keeps getting better and that is not something that all authors can accomplish well. Rachel has done it again with this intensely passionate story about Wyatt and Kaya.

Wyatt took over as the executive chef at Lilou after Killian left. His management style is very similar to Killian, after being mentored by him for so long I guess that is to be expected. It may sound exciting and glamorous to be made executive chef but it comes with a huge amount of pressure. Lilou has a stunning
Annika
description

This was by far my least favorite book in this series.
I don't now what's happening here. The first book was amazing. The second was pretty enjoyable. This one? There were times I had to actually force myself to keep on reading.

Unlikeable, bitchy heroine, a hero whose behavior I couldn't understand, a romance I didn't buy, too much food talk, too much inner rambling, repetitive writing.

I'm obviously in the minority here, so make sure to take my review with a grain of salt. But honestly, I just re
Rachel
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wyatt 😍 he is my favorite so far!!!!
Melissa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 37% The wait was NOT worth it for this book. I skimmed the majority of what I did read bc "maybe" 2 pages total consisted of character dialogue. Internal monologues are the death of an author for me. And in the short amount I did read, it is chock full of IM after IM. Shame bc I really enjoyed Killian and Veras story, but I'm parting ways with Ms. Higginson. 2*dialogue is a MUST*stars!!!!
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I loved The Problem with Him so, so very much. Kaya was amazing. Wyatt was everything I wanted him to be and more. What started as workplace animosity built into fantastic chemistry between two characters who really were perfect for each other.

I've basically been waiting for/hoping for Wyatt to get a book since meeting him in The Opposite of You. I found him intriguing then and I wasn't wrong. While we don't actually get any time in his head, I d
Marthaamai
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too much focus on the heroine, I got bored with all of the excessive internal monologues
Wish there was more focus on the hero, I would’ve liked to have seen him start off actually arguing with her and then develop feelings. It felt as if he had always been flirting with her and had feelings for her and the book was just her coming to terms with how she felt about him. That really took away from his personality bc he ended up being oh so perfect and oh so boring. It had that potential to be enemi
Alina
It was alright, both mc's liked each other a lot. I just would have preferred his POV, she tended to repeat herself a lot. It got a bit dragged in between.
I admired her tenacity and hard work. She was strong in her belief that she was a good chef. I loved that she had to work to get her promotion, it wasn't like the job was handed to her. She faced a lot of ups and downs but she powered through it which I admire.

Story- 3/5
+1 for the heroine!!
Priya
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 🌟
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book to me. This was an amazing read. I loved this book more than its two predecessors. I thought the story was fantastic. The characters were well-written and full of humour. Kaya is one of the best heroines that I have read. She has the passion and conviction to believe that her dreams will come true. She was very genuine and lovable as well. I really loved her sense of humour. Wyatt Shaw is broody, sweet, and sexy as hell. I thought seeing the differen ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
Wyatt Shaw, y'all. Be still my heart, I can't even with this growly, alpha, darn near perfect hero. This was the third book in The Opposites Attract series, so you'd think I'd be used to how deft Ms. Higginson is at writing these irresistible surly men, but I'm blown away, once again, by how much I adored Wyatt Shaw.

When enemies-to-lovers is done right, it carries a charge with it. Like there's an electrical current running through the entire storyline and it sparks and flares every time the lov
Lindsey Domokur
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review and I loved this book! This was definitely my favorite of the series. The sexual tension and chemistry between Kaya and Wyatt jumped off the pages! I really liked learning more about Wyatt after seeing him in the past two books. He is so much more than I expected! Loved this!
Feminista
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a novel to break me out of my contemporary romance slump.
Wangari
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I hate long inner monologues...
Amy
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“My soul had been given purpose and my life had been gifted meaning.”

“His tongue was there only enough to remind me that it had the power to undo me. To totally upend me. To ruin me for other men.”

“That wasn’t a normal smile. That was sex and sin and very dirty things.”

“He’d flipped me upside down and turned me inside out and then left me to piece myself back together.”

“He defied every norm I had. He broke every rule and exceeded every expectation. He was and had been and would always be my exce
Shelley
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I have been a fan of this series since the first book. While The Problem with Him is the third book in this series, it can be read as a standalone, however, I do highly recommend the other books, too.

Rachel Higginson has mastered the art of writing the slow burning romance. I’m not a reader who is in any hurry to get to the main event, or in this case, the main course. I prefer to take my time and let the anticipation build up to the boiling point, and let me tell you, the outcome was well worth
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

We have met Wyatt and Kaya in the previous books and i had a feeling from the beginning with their interactions that they were going to get a book and a happy ever after.

As with the previous books we also get to see the other couples feature and other friends and family round out the cast giving us a fuller picture of family and friends.

The chemistry in the kitchen between Wyatt and Kaya is electric, explosive and
Lindsey
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite of the series so far, but I still enjoyed it. I've loved Wyatt in the first 2 books, and was excited to see his story. I think what kept me from really connecting with this one was Kaya - I just felt rather indifferent towards her the whole time. Despite that, I'm still loving this series. I'm super excited for Vann and Dillon's book!
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This story of Wyatt and Kaya was a slow burn, it took a long time to get there, but the ending of the story was well written and finished beautifully. It kept me guessing right to the end.

Kaya is a Sous Chef and her boss Wyatt, the Executive Chef, and the rivalry between these two is strong and Kaya is certainly not happy that Wyatt got the job over her; she aims high. There is a lot of shop talk in this book so I feel that I could run my own kitchen now. I wish I could cook, or at least enjoy c
Emmy
Hopefully this is just a phase, but lately when I come across a trope I don't like, I completely check out of a book, which is was happened here. Way too many "sparks" and "electricity."
I also might have just overdone the "chef" theme for a bit.
Polly
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too much internal dialogue. Skimmed a lot
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
The Problem With Him (Opposites Attract #3)

SUPER SWOONS 5 stars!!! Opposites Attract really is one of my favorite contemporary romance series and The Problem With Him topped it all!!! For one, they all have a super unique setting surrounding restaurant/chef business. I mean for real, I was salivating with all the detailed food preparation talk. Rachel Higginson knows her food well! I bet she is an incredible skilled cook 😊 Then there is the swoony sexy romance between the two-hard-headed chef. O
Tanaka K
When I was in college, I studied culinary arts and got to work in professional kitchen. I learned all kinds of cuisine. I read all kinds of genres and different stories but I was always looking for exciting romances with chefs. So to my amazement, Rachel Higginson writes an amazing romance series with chefs and restaurateur and I am just drawn in. Rachel Higginson just blows my mind at how detailed she is. I felt I was truly back in the kitchen. The Problem with Him is the third standalone book ...more
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

You know what's amazing?  When an author creates a story and characters that you enjoy so much that you can enjoy a trope you normally wouldn't.  No, no, no... I'm not talking about enemies to lovers because I gobble that stuff up.  I'm talking about slow burn romance.  It's not a trope I seek out and it's definitely one that can get on my nerves.
Antonella
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feelgood
I like this series!

This is a feelgood, comforting, no drama read.

It deals with some issues like occupational inequality, being brave to follow your dreams, being unique, value and rely on your friends, romance.....and food.
As someone who worked closely with chefs I can say this was very real. Accurate description of everything!

This was slow burn, enemies to lovers story.
And thinking about it, it is fun to read about the animosity, fighting and general covered tension....fun to read but actu
Rachel Higginson is the best-selling author of The Five Stages of Falling in Love, Every Wrong Reason, Bet on Us and The Star-Crossed Series.

She was born and raised in Nebraska, and spent her college years traveling the world. She fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka, but came back home to marry her high school sweetheart. Now she spends her d

Opposites Attract (3 books)
  • The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract, #2)