Start by marking “Undressed (The Men of West Beach, #1)” as Want to Read:
Undressed (The Men of West Beach, #1)

Undressed

(The Men of West Beach #1)

Can two people whose dreams have been cast aside find a new passion...together?

No one ever expected straight-A student Lauren Taylor to make waves. But that was the old Lauren, before she went to college and became an online stripper to make ends meet. Now, Lauren is on the run with a secret and a bag of cash, fleeing landlocked Arizona for the beaches of California.

Will
Published August 27th 2017 by Kingsley Books

To ask other readers questions about Undressed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undressed

Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
Sleep? what is this sleep thing you speak of? haha

I will learn one of these days to actually space out a book and take my time enjoying it... Said no book worm ever!

But seriously y'all.... I LOVED this book.
surprisingly this was my first time diving into one of Kimberly's books (Although Body Finder's been on my radar for quite some time) but I'm so glad I got the opportunity to finally give a book of hers a shot. because Undreassed was just so so good.

from start to finish I was drawn in.... Bet
Giselle
Aug 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Romance fans! Request an ARC here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Jenn
So this one started out pretty good then kind of plateaued in the middle before just kinda falling.

When Lauren decides to run from her past, she runs to the beaches of sunny California. With her best friend in tow, she sets out to have a summer of freedom. What she doesn't expect is Will Gabaldon and his affect on her.

What I liked about this book was Lauren's snarkiness and the humor that filtered throughout. Also living in southern California myself, I, of course, loved to location. But what
Jaime Arkin
3.5 stars - full review to come
S.R. Johannes
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say - awwwwwww to the romance angle?
Love that Kim's branching into NA.
And I thought Jay was a cutie patootie....
I esp love the little mystery hidden under Lauren's silky sheets.
Makes me feel okay about admitting that I have finally read a romance. And a hot one at that. :)
Lauren
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, new-adult
Kimberly Derting already won me over with her young adult series The Body Finder. Therefore, when I heard she was releasing her first new adult romance, the start to a new series, I was super excited! She's always packed fantastic romance in her YA stories so I couldn't wait to see how her transition to NA would go.

The Result? Undressed is a solid three star read for me - caught smack dab in the middle of loving and hating. The beach setting was fun and the romance was steamy, but I just couldn'
Lisa Mandina
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Um, finished this in one day. What does that tell you?

I've enjoyed Derting's YA books, and I guess it isn't surprising that I really enjoyed her first adult romance book as well. I pulled this book up on my computer at work on Monday during a time when I wasn't able to do much besides sit at my desk and help students. I got sucked in, and when I got home, I pulled it up on my phone's Kindle app, and pretty much finished it before bed. It was a very quick read, and also kept you on the edge of y
 Lori (Ficwishes)
Jul 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Kimberly Derting writes contemporary romance? Yes, please.
Greyland Reviews
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A new release?! It's Romance?!?! Comes out later this month!!!

August 28

Umm...Well...
I didn't like this book. I had no connection with the characters and felt like the story was hopping all over the place and ending just seemed really rushed.
Jessica | Booked J
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was what you made of those changes--those life-altering moments--that defined you. Those were the parts that made life interesting. And amazing.

As a note, a review copy of this novel was provided in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way. Thank you!

Well, well, well. Nothing to get your mind off a wicked case of typical autumn illnesses, and the bed rest they often put us on, like a heartwarming NA romance that doesn't slack on emotional punches. Undressed i
Brigitte
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, romance, contemporary, na
Undressed takes place in Sunny California. A great escape from the European winter chill.

Will was working his way to the top of the surfing circuit when he had an accident. He dwelled in self pity, until an emergency called him back home. He has to get his act together to take his new found responsibilities seriously. To do that, he becomes a "Jack of all trades". His good looks and perfect physique make him popular in one of these trades. He plays along, but his duty comes first.

Lauren is a stu
Escape into a Booksite
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fairly fast and easy read. Girl and guy both have troubles bothering them from their pasts. Girl and guy push and pull trying to decide how they feel about each other and if they should give in.

This wasn't really an angsty book, more of a "hurry up and realise what's going on" book. I liked the main characters, both Lauren and Will, and I liked some of the secondary characters as well. Particularly Emerson and Tess.

Ther
Caro
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: t
3.5 stars.

An entertaining read.

We have Lauren and Will, meeting on the first night Lauren gets to California. That first meeting was not entirely pleasant, but after they keep bumping into each other, Lauren gives him a chance to show her he’s not such a jerk.

The thing is, the more they see each other around town, the more it’s clear they are both holding back about their pasts.

I liked both these characters, I just didn’t love them, love them. They were too hot and cold the next second, there w
Amanda
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lauren's running from her past. Will is trying to forget his, move on, and accept his new responsibilities. This book had some really sweet moments, and enough frustration/sexual tension to make things interesting, with Lauren and Will both trying to stay away from each other. I would have liked more pages from Will's POV, but we did get to see inside his head a bit. Lots of juicy secrets in this book, and I didn't feel like there was anything that left me hanging, just interested to read the ne ...more
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author and I was enticed by the blurb. I loved the hot surfer raising his sister and Lauren headed to his town for the summer with a bit of secret. I thought the characters were well written and the story was good. I thought the heat of the book was going to be a little bit more, but that was OK and didn't detract from anything. I'm excited to see who these surfers all hook up with as the series plays out! Lauren and Will were definitely a good pair and this was a ...more
Sarah Cook
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Will. Lauren. OH maaaahhhh gaaaahhhhh!!! I have mad love for this book.

Holy moly. I was pulled into it from the start, and could not look back. I didn't get anything done in my spare time because I was reading and dissecting this book. I even caught myself going back to re-read my favorite scenes just to relive them again. I hardly do that with books because I soak it in, and let it linger. This one though, I wanted to go back and read them again.

Ladyhawke
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmmm

I maybe shouldn’t have picked it up. I like the author just thought maybe she could’ve done a bit more research. Don’t get me wrong the book is pretty good just felt a bit off. Like she’s telling the story somebody told to her. All in all tho it was quite entertaining so three stars for the book :)
Lisa
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun summer read

I love everything Kimberly Derting has written so needless to say I was excited when I heard she came out with a new book. A romance even. It was good. I couldn't put it down. It has me excited for the next one.
Natalie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read two of Kimberly Derting's young adult series. I was pleasantly surprised with her first foray into contemporary romance. I would have liked a little bit more with the romance, but I enjoyed the story.
Kristen
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read

All around great story with excellent character development. I really enjoyed each of their background stories and how they all effected each person and how they interacted with one another. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Periwinklepsyche
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Good read.
Cherie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Great love story about growing up, adventures, moving on, regret, and acceptance. Can’t wait to see what’s next with The Men of West Beach.
Jasmine
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, the body finder series is still my favourite.
Pam Vickers
Aug 31, 2017
Book
Sep 15, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017
I don't feel like this brought anything new to the table, genre-wise, but it wasn't bad.
Elena Marquez
Jul 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Kimberly is the author of the award-winning THE BODY FINDER series, THE PLEDGE, and THE TAKING trilogies. She's also co-written the brand new picture book series, CECE LOVES SCIENCE!

Her books have been translated into 15 languages, and both THE BODY FINDER and THE PLEDGE were YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults selections.

These days, she spends entirely too much time ordering stuff off the Inter

The Men of West Beach (2 books)
  • Unbound (The Men of West Beach #2)