Start by marking “Carolina Girl” as Want to Read:
Carolina Girl

Carolina Girl (Carolina Magnolia #4)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
In Carolina Girl, gifted writer Patricia Rice gives readers a marvelous novel about two very different people who, against all odds, end up with a common goal: to spend their lives together. . . .

Born and raised on an island off the shores of South Carolina, Aurora Jenkins isn’t about to let her home’s rural beauty and delicate ecology fall victim to over-development. Her
Hardcover, Large Print, 471 pages
Published July 20th 2004 by Wheeler Publishing (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Carolina Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carolina Girl

Rhonda
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

Carolina Girl is the third book in the Carolina/McCloud Brothers.

In the McCloud brothers they all had money and then lost it in different ways. This book ties up the loose ends in the
previous books. Some sex scenes.

It has some great characters, some old favorites and some new ones. Has drama,danger and heroes. Shows how much family can do and share each other burdens and trials.

Clay is hiding out at the beach house this book. He was betrayed by his fiance and business partner. He does no
Jennifer Craig
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Caroline Magnolia series that I have read and I thought it was great. It is full of flawed, funny, and wonderful characters. The supporting characters were as deep and well-written as the main characters of Aurora and Clay. There should be at least one character that you can relate to on a real-life basis with their past or present issues. I loved how Patricia Rice threw in a combination of environmental and eminent domain type of situations.

The story moved along
Tiffany
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this is the fourth book in The Carolina Magnolia series, it is the first I have read. Reading the synopsis of the first three, I realized there were appearances from the main characters of those stories in this one. However, Carolina Rebel can definitely be read as a standalone. Personally, I want to go back and read the first three so I can see how those couples got together (especially the two books with the McCloud brothers.

Aurora and Clay are a cute couple. She is strong willed but
Ilga
Oct 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Saying I 'read' this book is probably an exaggeration. I put it away after the first chapter.

I was having problems sleeping, and the current book I am reading, about the Rwandan genocide, was not really helping get me to sleep. So I picked up the next book in the pile; probably I got it from a garage sale.

OMG, this is NOT my cup of tea. It was quite amusing, but not something I want to spend my time on. A quote from halfway through the first chapter: "He'd donned a plaid cotton shirt to cover h
Susan Foulkes
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the series but the first that I have read (it won't be the last).

The descriptions of the setting brought the area to life, in particular I was fascinated by the turtles nesting in the sand.

The plot ticked along nicely with plenty of shenanigans and skulduggery from those with a vested interest in developing the area, thus destroying a wildlife habitat and making people homeless.

The characters w
Christine Menditto
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review.

This author has a way of drawing in a reader that you don't know that it happened until you're telling yourself "one more chapter" and cringing at the time.
You can sense the chemistry between Rora and Clay from the beginning, but you have to get through their attempts at fighting it and themselves for a while. I liked the slow development of attraction and admiration between Rora and Clay. You really get more o
Emily Higgins
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Aurora Jenkins returned home to help her father and sister who were recovering from injuries suffered in a car accident. Aurora and Clay McCloud were engaged by the state to help discover the ownership of swampland purportedly so that a state park could be built. When It became apparent that development of the property was the actual intended use of the swamp, Aurora and Clay joined forces to fight the developers so that the land could be preserved in its natural state. A delightful story with e ...more
Kathy
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book in this series that I've read but it definitely works as a standalone. Loved the Lowcountry setting and the turtles. I liked the sexual tension between the main characters instead of them jumping into bed immediately. The supporting characters were very entertaining. Will definitely go back and read the earlier books in this series. All in all a good read.

I received this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.
Mary Lynde
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Wonderful story about two people on separate sides of a hometown issue who find that by working together they can get what is best for all involved. Clay is a loner geek with a shy, awkward nice guy inside. Aurora will do anything for her family, including putting all her trust into Clay. This is a very well written, engaging story.
Tammy
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who enjoy patricia's contemporary books
I have loved the Carolina Magnolia series (previously printed under the McCloud series name). This is the last book in the series and was my least favorite. It is a decent read and ties up things with the characters you have come to love in the McCloud family. Unfortunately it is a slow start, but if you persevere the story redeems itself. Having said that, the book is still worth reading - especially if you are missing her contemporary books and you have not read it before.
Robin Marie
Feb 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: beach-read
Romance is not a typical genre for me, but it's hard to read anything really dense while sitting in a kiosk at Wal-mart, so I've been picking lighter reads lately. Truth is it was a nice escape from work, and I finished it up on my morning off. It's fun to lighten up once in a while! The plot line wasn't totally believable, but it was fun and engaging.
Marie
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually give a book 100 pages but this one didn't get that far. The sexual tension mixed in with the story line was just too much. I can understand attraction but geez louise I wanted to say 'GET A ROOM' and get on with the story line.
Kaitlin
Jul 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. but this is not the same book as california girl so idk who will see this review but this is my review for carolina girl.

Clay and Rory are two amazing characters and this definately focuses on love and buisness at the same time i definetly recoment it.
Meredith
This was okay...but really, the heroine had no personal phone? Or personal computer? I just wasn't buying it. And the romance, once it got going, went really, really fast.
Sherry Vaughan
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet Southern romance with a touch of environmental consciousness thrown in.
Deliasue
Melissa Bowen
Jul 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger
  • Unthinkable: The True Story about the First Double Amputee to Complete the World-Famous Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon
  • How to Lasso a Cowboy
  • Doctor Who: The Ultimate Foe (The Trial of a Time Lord, Part 4)
  • Unbound: Breaking Free of Life's Entanglements
  • The Value of Determination: Story of Helen Keller
  • Rod Serling's Night Gallery
  • The Immortals
  • Doctor Who and the Destiny of the Daleks
  • Look Better Naked: The 6-Week Plan to Your Leanest, Hottest Body - Ever
  • Seaquest DSV (SeaQuest DSV #1)
  • The Crown (Pearls and the Crowns, #2)
  • Heaven on Earth
  • The Florence King Reader
  • Passion and Pleasure in London (Charmed and Dangerous, #3)
  • The Excellent Wife: Study Guide
  • The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook : Budget-Friendly Meals Your Whole Family Will Love
  • Death in Dublin (Peter McGarr, #16)
With several million books in print and New York Times and USA Today's bestseller lists under her belt, former CPA Patricia Rice writes emotionally-charged contemporary and historical romances which have won numerous awards, including the RT Book Reviews Reviewers Choice and Career Achievement Awards.

Her books have also been honored as Romance Writers of America RITA® finalists in the historical,
More about Patricia Rice...

Carolina Magnolia (4 books)
  • Dixie Rebel
  • Almost Perfect (Carolina Trilogy, #1)
  • McCloud's Woman (Carolina Trilogy, #2)