Start by marking “The Great Escape (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)” as Want to Read:
The Great Escape (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)

The Great Escape

(The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)

The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series follows siblings Peter and Mary and their dog, Hank, as they discover ancient scrolls that transport them back to key moments in biblical history.

In The Great Escape, Peter, Mary, and Hank journey to the pyramid-studded desert of ancient Egypt. When the trio become friends with Pharaoh’s daughter, they witness first-hand as Moses pet
Published April 3rd 2018 by WorthyKids/Ideals

To ask other readers questions about The Great Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Escape

Start your review of The Great Escape (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)
Dawn
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was super cute. Siblings Peter and Mary travel in time for the third time. This time they go to Egypt at the time of the Exodus. They are given a certain amount of time to figure out the meaning of the scroll and return home, otherwise they'll be stuck forever. It reminded me of several of the Imagination Station books in the Adventures of Odyssey series.

It's targeted at 6-9 year olds, and my best friend's 7 year read it and loved it.

I received a copy of this book for free from the p
Maureen Timerman
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Although this is becoming a very easy read for our ten-year-old he seemed to enjoy the book, and of course he is a dog lover so that added.
This is the third book in this series that he has read and enjoyed, and helps reinforce what he has been taught.
With this book, we are putting a child’s look at the plagues of Egypt and how the Jews were finally led out.
I love that I am able to have books that he enjoys, and that he is eager to read.
I received this book through Worthy/Kids/Ideals Publishing a
Cheri Fields
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book moves us much more strongly into the known world which both makes it exciting, but also sets the standard higher. As always, Thomas keeps the tone perfect pitch for his early reader audience, throwing in plenty of cliffhangers to keep them turning to the next page. By the end of the story your child will have a real sense of what it would have been like to live through the Ten Plagues.
As a story, it’s worth having as part of the Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series but doesn’t stand as
Faye
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peter and Mary are staying with their Uncle Solomon for the Summer, and already they have gone on some pretty amazing adventures. The continue their mission to unlock the secret of the scrolls, this time travelling to Ancient Egypt to witness the Exodus.

They befriend and Egyptian princess, Shephara, who shows them the life of an Egyptian royal. Meanwhile, something big is happening, Israelites Aaron and Moses come before Pharaoh showing great wonders and asking for the freedom of their people. M
Yonasan  Aryeh
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Virginia Winfield
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this series and they just keep getting better. Peter, Mary and their dog Hank travel through time to learn about what happened during biblical times. This one they learn about Moses. They meet new friends and learn valuable lessons. I believe young children ages 6-9 would really enjoy these stories. I received a copy of this book frost m Worthykids for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Connie Carpenter
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is targeted to 6-9 year olds. This is a perfect age group for it. My 6 year old loved this book. This is the 3rd book in the series. We have not read the first two books in the series, and we had no problem following along. I loved the characters, my 6 year old loved the storyline. He was very excited to keep reading.

I received a copy of this book through Worthy Publishing, all thoughts are my own.
Kara Larson
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, parenting
The author definitely took some liberty with the storyline of Moses and the 10 Plagues here, but the girls really loved the Egyptian elements and culture descriptions which helped the events become real. The description of the blood of the lamb covering the Israelites was beautiful.
Lisa at Farm Fresh Adventures
Excellent biblical fiction for children! My son couldn't put it down!
Marie
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good to read as a family at the table after dinner.
Starr
Aug 09, 2020
Ben Johnson
Aug 03, 2020

• The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls: The Beginning, Book 1
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • The Lifegiving Parent: Giving Your Child a Life Worth Living for Christ
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The World According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #1)
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane, #1)
  • Watch Me Throw the Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #8)
  • Today I Will Fly! (Elephant & Piggie, #1)
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After Special Edition #1)
  • The Berenstain Bears: God Made the Seasons
  • Trouble on the Books (Castle Bookshop Mystery #1)
  • The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2)
  • On the Corner of Hope and Main (Blessings, #10)
  • The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Raising Children with Courage, Compassion, and Connection
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
Mike Thomas grew up in Florida playing sports and riding his bike to the library and an arcade named the Cosmic Cowboy. He graduated from Liberty University, earning a bachelor's degree in Bible Studies. When his son Peter was nine years old, Mike went searching for books that would teach Peter about the Bible in a fun, imaginative way. Finding none, he decided to write his own series. Mike Thomas ...more

The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls (8 books)
  • The Beginning (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #1)
  • Race to the Ark (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #2)
  • Journey to Jericho (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #4)
  • The Shepherd's Stone (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #5)
  • The Lion's Roar (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #6)
  • The King Is Born (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #7)
  • Miracles by the Sea (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #8)