Start by marking “The Great Escape (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)” as Want to Read:
The Great Escape (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)

The Great Escape

(The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #3)

The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series follows siblings Peter and Mary and their dog, Hank, as they discover ancient scrolls that transport them back to key moments in biblical history.

In The Great Escape, Peter, Mary, and Hank journey to the pyramid-studded desert of ancient Egypt. When the trio become friends with Pharaoh’s daughter, they witness first-hand as Moses pet
Published April 3rd 2018 by WorthyKids/Ideals

To ask other readers questions about The Great Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Escape

Dawn
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was super cute. Siblings Peter and Mary travel in time for the third time. This time they go to Egypt at the time of the Exodus. They are given a certain amount of time to figure out the meaning of the scroll and return home, otherwise they'll be stuck forever. It reminded me of several of the Imagination Station books in the Adventures of Odyssey series.

It's targeted at 6-9 year olds, and my best friend's 7 year read it and loved it.

I received a copy of this book for free from the p
Maureen Timerman
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Although this is becoming a very easy read for our ten-year-old he seemed to enjoy the book, and of course he is a dog lover so that added.
This is the third book in this series that he has read and enjoyed, and helps reinforce what he has been taught.
With this book, we are putting a child’s look at the plagues of Egypt and how the Jews were finally led out.
I love that I am able to have books that he enjoys, and that he is eager to read.
I received this book through Worthy/Kids/Ideals Publishing a
Cheri Fields
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book moves us much more strongly into the known world which both makes it exciting, but also sets the standard higher. As always, Thomas keeps the tone perfect pitch for his early reader audience, throwing in plenty of cliffhangers to keep them turning to the next page. By the end of the story your child will have a real sense of what it would have been like to live through the Ten Plagues.
As a story, it’s worth having as part of the Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series but doesn’t stand as
Faye
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peter and Mary are staying with their Uncle Solomon for the Summer, and already they have gone on some pretty amazing adventures. The continue their mission to unlock the secret of the scrolls, this time travelling to Ancient Egypt to witness the Exodus.

They befriend and Egyptian princess, Shephara, who shows them the life of an Egyptian royal. Meanwhile, something big is happening, Israelites Aaron and Moses come before Pharaoh showing great wonders and asking for the freedom of their people. M
Jonathan Esterman
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Virginia Winfield
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this series and they just keep getting better. Peter, Mary and their dog Hank travel through time to learn about what happened during biblical times. This one they learn about Moses. They meet new friends and learn valuable lessons. I believe young children ages 6-9 would really enjoy these stories. I received a copy of this book frost m Worthykids for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Connie Tillman
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is targeted to 6-9 year olds. This is a perfect age group for it. My 6 year old loved this book. This is the 3rd book in the series. We have not read the first two books in the series, and we had no problem following along. I loved the characters, my 6 year old loved the storyline. He was very excited to keep reading.

I received a copy of this book through Worthy Publishing, all thoughts are my own.
Claire F
Megan
Jan 19, 2019
Zekesmom10
Feb 05, 2019

The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls (5 books)
  • The Beginning (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #1)
  • Race to the Ark (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #2)
  • Journey to Jericho (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #4)
  • The Shepherd's Stone (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #5)