Start by marking “Sun Storm (The Gathering Storm Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Sun Storm (The Gathering Storm Book 1)

Sun Storm (The Gathering Storm Book 1)

Dr. Marie Wilson is a scientist on the verge of a breakthrough. She has come to Montana on the eve of a blizzard to prove her small, portable solar panel can generate electricity even in the harshest environment. But when four men invade her remote cabin with plans to kill her, she knows she’s in trouble.

Ex-Special Forces soldier, David Quinn, has had enough of danger an
Published August 23rd 2017 by Viceroy Press

To ask other readers questions about Sun Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun Storm

Lissanne Jones
I devoured this book in 24 hours so it's safe to say I really enjoyed it! Dr Marie Wilson has spent seven years of her life working on a breakthrough scientific experiment: a portable solar panel that is based on plant technology. If the prototype she's made works, it could change the world. She's in a remote cabin in Montana, testing the prototype to make sure it works in extreme cold.

She finally has some interest after spending years being shunned as a pariah in the scientific community, thank
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.
Renting a cabin in the middle of a snow storm might not have been Marie's best idea, but her solar panel needed testing in such conditions. When four men invade that cabin, saying they need the panel, she knows her life might be over before she got her panel tested. David is one of those four men. He didn't sign up to murder a woman in cold blood, whether or not she had stolen the panel, which he didn't believe. Togethe
E.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75-4 stars

“Sun Storm” by Marlow Kelly follows inventor and scientist, Dr. Marie Wilson, as she struggles to finally have her work validated, only to discover that her portable solar panel may be worth killing for. Forced to escape with a man whose loyalties are questionable, Marie must quickly determine who to trust with her very life, with a fatal outcome if she’s mistaken.

This romantic suspense story is the first book in ‘The Gathering Storm’ series and provides an exciting tension-filled re
Rebecca Austin
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Dr. Marie Wilson is renting a cabin in Montana to test the new solar panel that she has created when 4 men break into the cabin looking for a prototype and a gizmo. The men all work for Marshall Portman, the president of Public Domain Energy. When one of the men, David Quinn realizes the plans of the other men he manages to escape with Marie.

Now David and Marie are on the run and David is accused of kidnapping Marie. With the help of some of David's friends, including FBI Special Agent Finn Call
Denise Van plew
This new to me author caught my eye because of the lure of danger and mystery. With Dr Marie leading the way and the door opening with science that gets you interested. When the danger comes crashing you will jump and be quickly snatched to the edge. All us that salivate over alphas in enters David a ex special forces. Together these two will keep you on your toes, on the edge as danger comes after them full speed. Lessons will come hard and fast with romance not forgotten to beat the heart too.
Jackie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story to keep you intrigued Dr Marie is a scientist that discovered a breakthrough but unexpectedly four men invade her remote cabin with the intentions of killing her. Couldn’t put it down
Shannon
Marlow Kelly has some memorable lines in this thriller/mystery romance. The one that hooked me even before I opened it:

*** He rolled his eyes. "Where are my manners? The next time someone's trying to kill you, I'll just politely as if you'd like to get in my truck. Do you want me to curtsey while I'm at it?" ***

I do love some good banter.

This story took off and didn't let up.
Tony Parsons
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Granite City, MT. Dr. Marie Wilson (scientist, mechanical engineering, organic chemistry) had to drive several miles to get to her rustic cabin (highway # 89) as the landlord described it to her.
Professor Hargreaves (Montana Tech, DoE) would soon join her.
It defiantly wasn’t him at the door.
Handsome & Killer were trying to decide what to do with Marie.

Marshall Portman (David’s BMF, Public Domain Energy’s president) had hired Brad “Pretty Boy” Harper (team leader), Alex Paxton (twin) &
Harlie Williams
Wow. Just wow. This book has it all. Thrills, lots of suspense, romance, very fast paced, a plot line that makes perfect sense, and more twists than a mountain trail. Seriously, this book is everything I’ve been craving in a romantic suspense book for a while now. This book moves very quickly. Don’t even try to catch your breath and be prepared to start it and have the need to finish it in one sitting.

David and Marie are some of the more mismatched people that an author can come up with as a her
Kathy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really tough book to put down. This is a good thriller with lots of twists and turns. Marie is a child prodigy, a scientist trying to create another source of energy for us. A small mobile type of solar energy. One to help med units, army units, people living in the wild, well many, many things. Enough things to make the big companies nervous enough to make sure she can’t sell it. One of the guys that intends to make sure she can’t sell it was told she stole it and he intends to get it back fo ...more
vickie watson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book,good reading.

First time reading Marlow Kelly. I enjoyed the David and Marie's story, notice the normal names of the characters? LOL. It was a good mystery, and I'll read this series. I want to see what's next.
Tracy Brant
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book

I thought this book was great! Suspenseful, a bit rather romantic, and a great story. I can't give it five stars however, because this story was predictable for me. But yes, ide recommend it
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Four men are hired to recover a stolen solar panel prototype. They track the prototype to a cabin in a remote location in the mountains. The four men have to trek through snow to reach the cabin. When they reach the cabin they barge in on the woman accused of stealing the prototype a Dr. Marie Wilson.

Upon entering the cabin they search it thoroughly but can’t find the prototype. The men discuss where she could have hidden the prototype and after getting a look of Marie the men also talk about w
Amy
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sun Storm is my first introduction to Marlow Kelly’s writing. It, also, begins The Gathering Storm series. I had no problem having it read in a few hours. The suspense and mystery made me want to keep turning the pages to find out what would happen next with Dr Marie Wilson and David Quinn.

I give Sun Storm four and a half stars. I look forward to the next installment from The Gathering Storm series.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Miranda
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not only is Sun Storm a wonderful romance, it’s also a great choice if you want something suspenseful.

All Marie wants to do is test her solar panel. It’s exactly that, however, that leads a group of thieves to her doorstep. They claim they’re there to recover the solar panel she stole from a local energy company, and it’s clear they’re willing to do whatever it takes to get it back.

True to its suspenseful roots, Sun Storm jumps into action from the get-go. That action continues through-out the n
Gail Humphrey
Adela Winegarner
Oct 05, 2018
Linda Jackson
Jun 23, 2019
After being thrown out of England for refusing to drink tea, Marlow Kelly made her way to Canada where she found love, a home and a pug named Max. She also discovered her love of storytelling. Encouraged by her husband, children and let’s not forget Max, she started putting her ideas to paper. She enjoys writing suspenseful, fast-pace romance stories that always feature strong women.
Marlow is an