Start by marking “Out of the Darkness (The Cloven Pack #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Darkness (The Cloven Pack #2)

Out of the Darkness

(The Cloven Pack #2)

Brenna Johnson knows who her mate is. She has her entire life. But there’s one problem. Cloven Pack Beta Benjamin Grobin has no idea she’s anything other than the Alpha’s little sister. He’s blind to their predestined love and she’s ready to escape the torment of not being able to claim her mate.

Both victims of the old Alpha, Brenna and Benjamin have their own inner demons
Published August 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Darkness

Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, shapeshifters
ARC – Provided by the author in exchange for an honest review
D. Fischer you little minx!
description
You know when you are reading a risqué book, and you immediately look to the other person in the room (In my case my husband) to see if there is anyway they can pick up on what you are reading? I did! While fanning myself with the hotness overload, I couldn’t help the guilt that seemed to be pouring off me in waves every time I looked up. (The bathroom at the club…)
description
I was so excited to read about Bre in this
Scerina Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Brilliantly written by author D. Fischer. As always her stories always have me escaping this world into the world of the story and all it's characters. I have always loved and admired how each of her characters have such a strong and unique personality that stands out as no other, especially her main characters.

Out of the Darkness is definitely a MUST READ if you are a huge fan of wolf shifters and paranormal romance!

Awesome book just like all her other books of this series!
Tresa
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Book

I really love this series, and am looking forward to book #3!! This is Bre and Ben's story and let me tell you, it does not disappoint!!!!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
So I read this a while ago but for some reason just never left a review!

I liked and enjoyed this one more than the first. Bre was a very likeable character. She was strong and while I personally would have walked away earlier she did get herself together and attempt to walk away when our Hero still had his head up his ass.

The Hero...eh, I can't say he completely won me over because his ignorance was no excuse. We were told that Mates pretty much instantly know but this guy was blinded for YEARS
Becky Baldridge
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book two in the Cloven pack series gives us some answers about Makenna's past and where she came from. In addition to that the sparks fly between Brenna and Ben. Brenna certainly handled things better than I would have. Ben's oblivion to what is right in front of him was quite infuriating and several times I wanted to shake him until his teeth rattled, but at the same time, I still liked him. The Cloven pack is very much a family and their banter and bickering is witty and fun. Especially Flint ...more
Julie Jackson
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

In the book, we learn that Jazz has plans for revenge. Bre is heartbroken that Ben doesn’t recognize her wolf and the mating call. He has no clue and really doesn’t act like he wants a mate. When things go south and Flint and Bre go out, he knows that his wolf isn’t happy about it but he can’t figure the rest out. When he is smacked in the face with the knowledge that she is his mate, he acts quickly. When the Grey pack fight is in full swing, Flint is hurt and Bre fears he may
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Nina Roust
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even when reading the first Cloven Pack book, A Gifted Curse, I connected with Brenna Johnson. She was my favorite character through that book, and maintained that position throughout this sequel.

Out of the Darkness follows Brenna and her unsuspecting mate, Ben, as they learn to navigate a new life together while also planning to protect their pack from the Gray Pack. They both suffered at the hands of the previous pack leader, Brenna's father, and Brenna especially is learning how to move the
meghann
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
I really enjoyed continuing this series in Bre and Ben's point of view. The same characters I loved from the previous book were still part of the story, but it's fun to get into the heads of other characters. I was really rooting for the two of them to sort everything out, but I was also feeling some of the other choices Bre made.

The consequences of the previous books are revealed in this one. That final battle had me stressed out, and not everyone is in the clear yet. I can't wait to see where
Meg
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novel much more than the first. The dynamic between Breanna and Ben was more intriguing and relatable. They grew up together so he sees her as Evo's sister instead of as a grown woman or potential partner. Which definitely poses a problem when it comes to fated mates. She has to be directly on his face (literally and physically) for him to finally take notice. Va va voom... I VERY MUCH enjoyed that scene.

Of course, the love triangle between Bre, Flint and Ben did not hurt to amp u
 Diana Davis
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Out of the Darkness (The Cloven Pack Series: Book Two) Kindle Edition
by D. Fischer
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Sometimes men are dense, particularly when they are part wolf! Benjamin is definitively in that category! While Brenna has always known he is her mate, he has got a clue. He is too wrapped up in in his responsibilities as the Cloven pack beta to notice.

That is until an old enemy, known as the One, and her cult of personality appear and threaten the pack and Brenna.

Then the
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book Two in the series does benefit from reading Book One first, but it isn't absolutely necessary. Its story stands up alone. That said, I feel like the side characters in this book were as fleshed out as in the first book and we didn't really get much in the way of villains, it was more a constant, nagging tension.
The romance was still very good, but not as well balanced with action as Book One. I'm still looking forward to Book Three.
Staci
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No longer alone they must face still more.
With family to hold themselves close. No time to celebrate their happiness. Still an enemy seeking to destroy. Every moment counts. New bonds are tested. Old stories surface. They must work together to overcome.
Heather Kirchhoff
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Out of the Darkness even more than the previous book. There was one thing said that I didn't really like, but other than that I don't see any problems with this book. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Cindy Bannister
Jul 12, 2018
Ruth Newton
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
The Grey pack has risen up against the Cloven. Their Alpha, George Kenner, wants revenge! Jazz also want's that, so she joins him. Jazz was once a Cloven member, she tells all she knows.
Brenna stays close to Makenna, she knows what it is like to be tortured.
Kenna's mate Evo, is having an extremely hard time learning to deal with the 'gift' he received from his mate when they joined. He can feel all of Kenna's pain as if it were his own.
Bre has been in love with Ben for years. Will he ever see he
Beth Underwood scott
Jun 28, 2018
Dracula Raupe
Aug 13, 2017
D. Fischer
Jul 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Susan Harrowa
Judy Thomas
Aug 29, 2017
James  Robert
Aug 29, 2017
An author, a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a reader.

D. Fischer is a mother of two very busy boys, a wife to a wonderful and supportive husband, and an owner of two hyper sock-loving dogs and an attention seeking fat cat. Together, they live in a quiet little corner in a state that's located in the middle of the great USA.

D. Fischer is, by no means, an expert in literature, but a book lover at h

The Cloven Pack (3 books)
  • A Gifted Curse (The Cloven Pack #1)
  • Above This Grave (The Cloven Pack #3)