Start by marking “The Chocolate-Covered Contest (Nancy Drew, #151)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate-Covered Contest (Nancy Drew, #151)

The Chocolate-Covered Contest

(Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #151)

Nancy is about to learn the real meaning of "Death by Chocolate"

Nancy can hardly believe it. While visiting an amusement park owned by the world-famous Royal Chocolates Company, her friend Bess tears open a million-dollar candy wrapper in a contest. But when they go to collect, they're told that someone else has won. And then they're accused of tampering with the winning

Published September 1st 1999 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate-Covered Contest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate-Covered Contest

Start your review of The Chocolate-Covered Contest (Nancy Drew, #151)
Sandra
Nancy Drew is one of the chaperons on a field trip to Kings Common Amusement Park (owned by the Royal Chocolates Company). Nancy's friend (Bess) wins the grand prize at the park by having the winning million-dollar candy wrapper. But when they go to collect the prize they're told that someone else has won. But how can this be when Bess has the grand prize ticket? There is only supposed to be one grand prize winner. Could there be a spy at Royal Chocolates trying to ruin the company? After some a ...more
Jerry
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yet another exciting mystery from this series, this one with a more modern flair.
Olivia
Apr 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was just annoying. Everyone's lying. Blah blah blah. These paperback Minstrels aren't that good and this one is pretty average.
Xyra
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars! I liked it a lot! On the verge of really liking it, but not quite.

It's no secret that my favorite Nancy Drew mysteries are the original yellow cover mysteries and even among those you'll find some I like better than others. I keep trying the newer mysteries and the different incarnations to see if anything catches me as much as the originals.

This one started out really good. Perhaps the setting is what resonated most; it is most definitely set at Hershey Park. Yes, the name and loca
Sue
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This one is really meant for a much younger reader, but I read it as a tribute to the many previously read ND books of my past. When I was a young teenager I could read 2 or more of these a day- now I wonder why- but ND always solves her cases, developes the skill set necessary to follow through the investigation- driving, riding a horse, driving a boat, flying a plane, etc. I now find her a bit too non real for me- but in the past she was my hero.
Katie
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, nancy-drew
A nice quick read. The villain was not totally obvious from the start, although the way the reveal happened was a little cheesy and Joker-esque. Altogether it was a fun romp through a Hershey Park knockoff (and has remained one of my favorite Nancy books for years).
Serena
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly exciting
Karen
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Nancy's friend Bess buys a chocolate bar, and when she opens the wrapper, she wins 1,000,000 dollars prize. However, the store person says someone already wins, Bess’s wrapper is fake. Of course, at the end, Nancy solves it. I think everyone will like this book, it was cool while I was reading it. As in real life, I always collect something to see if I can win the prize, but still I don’t win anything. I recommend this book to who likes mystery.
Yu Tong Mei
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
I like mystery novel. Mystery can always captured reader's attention. There's like a hook in that book and you want to find out the truth. This book fits like this. First there's this situation happening, then the main character Nancy Drew started to hunt for the truth.
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rhintany
Jun 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mistery
ini buku nancy drew pertama gw.. and gw langsung jatuh cinta!!!
Julie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was an enjoyable mystery, although a bit predictable.
Warisha Bakhtawar
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AWesome!awesome!awesome!My favourite book in the Nancy drew series till now.
Aesha☆
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
i read this in like no joke 20 mins because it was that good:) top if the list in ym nancy drew boooks! definatly!
Vidula Pagar
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
.i liked it. it was amazing and wonderful. its about a girl detective Nancy Drew.
Nitya
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is one of the most exciting adventures. Many twists and turns are there which makes the reader engaged on reading.
Ninya Ignacio
Dec 07, 2007
Colleen
Jul 05, 2014
Diya
rated it did not like it
Oct 18, 2013
kenzie
Jul 08, 2012
Sadie-Anne
Nov 19, 2013

• Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • For Magnus Chase: Hotel Valhalla, Guide to the Norse Worlds
  • The Other People
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Camp Half-Blood Confidential (The Trials of Apollo, #2.5)
  • Lost
  • Famous Five 3 & 18
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • Mooncakes
  • Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Judy Moody, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones, #14)
  • The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Nancy Drew: A Novelization of the Hit Movie
  • Harry Potter Illustrated Box Set (Harry Potter #1-2)
  • Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps, #21)
  • Never Let Me Go...
  • The Famous Five [4 Adventures]

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew Mystery Stories (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)